criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Australian server dead within a few weeks if no PS4 and Xbox crossover

Devs you can already see the massive decline in the past 2 weeks of the Aussie server. Games went from regularly starting at 11am-midday and went until after midnight during the week. Now they don't start until about 4-5pm and finish around 10pm. That drop has only happened within a fortnight. It actually did begin the week before droidekas dropped, but the content drop revived it until now.

Please can you make PS4 and Xbox cross platform play. It's the only way forward at the moment. Both GA and CS are ghost towns outside of 4-10pm and it will most likely completely die off in the next few weeks on the Aussie server. A content drop would bring it back for a while, but it's the Xbox aim drift which has killed it judging from what I've spoken to many people about. So I assume PS4 doesmy have the same issue and their player base is higher.

Also why can't the way battlefield V has a search for games ve added into bf2? I mean I feel the reason so many people leave a lobby is because they think there is already another game going, even though there isn't.

Perhaps even lower the the amount of players required to start a GA and CS game just on the australian server?

Anyone else got some ideas to fix this?

If development team has anything in the works that could help prevent this server from being desolate in the next few weeks, can you please reply and say what it is, or at least say you have something that will help.

Replies

• Sorry mate. You live on an isolated «island» in the middle of the ocean, far from any other civilization and not that many play the game there. There is simply no solution for you guys.
    Next console gen, go with the more popular console and your chance of finding games will increase.
  • vVrathh wrote: »
    Sorry mate. You live on an isolated «island» in the middle of the ocean, far from any other civilization and not that many play the game there. There is simply no solution for you guys.
    Next console gen, go with the more popular console and your chance of finding games will increase.

You American? You still want our uranium or maybe we give it to china and watch your power slip through your fingers. It's so nice sitting on our little island paradise and controlling the world behind the scenes. You little scurrying ants and the mounds you call civilisations rise and fall off purely on our whim of deciding who gets what.

I want to know if the devs can cross platform though. I mean it wouldn't even matter which console is popular as long as we are all in the same servers.

A whole rant about assuming I’m American lol. No I’m not. And honestly why the hostility? Is Australia not isolated in the middle of the ocean? I mean you got kiwi nearby, but they aren’t that many that you’d be able to get fuller servers. Other than that there really aren’t anyone else you could join servers without gaining massive latency.
    And do you honestly think DICE is capable of cross platform when they can’t even launch these community events without failing?
    vVrathh wrote: »
    Sorry mate. You live on an isolated «island» in the middle of the ocean, far from any other civilization and not that many play the game there. There is simply no solution for you guys.

You American? You still want our uranium or maybe we give it to china and watch your power slip through your fingers. It's so nice sitting on our little island paradise and controlling the world behind the scenes. You little scurrying ants and the mounds you call civilisations rise and fall off purely on our whim of deciding who gets what.

I want to know if the devs can cross platform though. I mean it wouldn't even matter which console is popular as long as we are all in the same servers.

A whole rant about assuming I’m American lol. No I’m not. And honestly why the hostility? Is Australia not isolated in the middle of the ocean? I mean you got kiwi nearby, but they aren’t that many that you’d be able to get fuller servers. Other than that there really aren’t anyone else you could join servers without gaining massive latency.
    And do you honestly think DICE is capable of cross platform when they can’t even launch these community events without failing?

Feel free to mention your country. Your phrasing did come across as demeaning however. I'd say that Hawaii is isolated in the middle of the ocean, not really Australia. It's isolated to a degree, but not to the point you insinuated. I mean nowhere on earth but the polar regions can really be called isolated these days anyway. And it certainly does have a big gaming population. It used to have a huge bf2 community. So the point of this thread was to find out from development team if they could do something now that it seems to of faded in the last few weeks.
  • ID_8615
    793 posts Member
    edited August 11
    @Starwarsor66 -- sorry for your troubles, Mate.

Unfortunately, I do not see DICE Sweden as competent enough to infuse the current situation with adequate amounts of common sense content to reinvigorate the player base.

Even in the U.S., off hours combat is difficult to find on both the XBox and PS4. This trend began somewhere around the middle of last year, pre-Geonosis GA. I personally believe the constant catering to all things Elite (Heroes, Infiltrators, et. Al.) has decimated the player base --- certainly kept it from growing. They've virtue-signaled from Stockholm that non-Elites (which is a huge majority of players in ANY game format, aside from HvV or Hero Showdown) do not matter.

If you come to the game, new with a freshly downloaded copy of BF2, the moment you step in to the multiplayer ring you are typically welcomed to the Respawn screen with the cold slash of a heroic (/sarc) light saber.

Don't get up on my account.

How long before any new comers succumb to boredom and frustration and move on to another game?
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    @Starwarsor66 -- sorry for your troubles, Mate.

Unfortunately, I do not see DICE Sweden as competent enough to infuse the current situation with adequate amounts of common sense content to reinvigorate the player base.

Even in the U.S., off hours combat is difficult to find on both the XBox and PS4. This trend began somewhere around the middle of last year, pre-Geonosis GA. I personally believe the constant catering to all things Elite (Heroes, Infiltrators, et. Al.) has decimated the player base --- certainly kept it from growing. They've virtue-signaled from Stockholm that non-Elites (which is a huge majority of players in ANY game format, aside from HvV or Hero Showdown) do not matter.

If you come to the game, new with a freshly downloaded copy of BF2, the moment you step in to the multiplayer ring you are typically welcomed to the Respawn screen with the cold slash of a heroic (/sarc) light saber.

Don't get up on my account.

How long before any new comers succumb to boredom and frustration and moves on to another game?

Yeah your probably right. I mean there's all of that ^ and also the match making which has done it too. I was in games all today where one team completely dominated every single game we played. It was ridiculous. I mean even if there was a large group of players within that team who had grouped up. Can't the game just figure out to dump all the bad players with the big group players so it's even out. Because the same people were all together again and again. It just ruins the experience for noobs and even the average player.
  • That sucks that it's slowly dying in America as well. God it's so frustrating just seeing how it's been messed up and knowing how easy the fix would of been.

Feel free to mention your country. Your phrasing did come across as demeaning however. I'd say that Hawaii is isolated in the middle of the ocean, not really Australia. It's isolated to a degree, but not to the point you insinuated. I mean nowhere on earth but the polar regions can really be called isolated these days anyway. And it certainly does have a big gaming population. It used to have a huge bf2 community. So the point of this thread was to find out from development team if they could do something now that it seems to of faded in the last few weeks.

My nationality is completely irrelevant. In terms of people playing games online in that region of the world, yes you are isolated. You’re by far the largest nation, and let’s be honest. Most of the other nations in Oceania doesn’t play games. So in terms of latency, you are isolated. It’s nothing demeaning about that, it’s simply facts.

And if it had a large gaming population in BFII, then you wouldn’t need to make this thread would you? The best thing for you to do is like I said and pick the most popular platform to play on. They will not be doing crossplay suddenly on a nearly 2 year old game. Especially not with an engine they seem to hardly be able to master in the first place.
  • I was in games all today where one team completely dominated every single game we played. It was ridiculous. I mean even if there was a large group of players within that team who had grouped up.

That is happening as well here. Groups of players dialed in with one another via voice have a HUUUUGE advantage over those not. And, no, the current match making algorithm completely ignores that aspect of player arrangements. It's rather elementary, and I again seriously doubt DICE Sweden have a clue about how to begin to make things right.

My nationality is completely irrelevant. In terms of people playing games online in that region of the world, yes you are isolated. You’re by far the largest nation, and let’s be honest. Most of the other nations in Oceania doesn’t play games. So in terms of latency, you are isolated. It’s nothing demeaning about that, it’s simply facts.

And if it had a large gaming population in BFII, then you wouldn’t need to make this thread would you? The best thing for you to do is like I said and pick the most popular platform to play on. They will not be doing crossplay suddenly on a nearly 2 year old game. Especially not with an engine they seem to hardly be able to master in the first place.

I got to say, I'm quite lost about exactly what your talking about with isolation now. First it was isolated from other civilisations. Now it seems to be Isolated in terms of latency with say America or some country or region that has a large gaming community? Then yes. But I sure am not isolated from the australian server in terms of latency. I have 16ms. The server must literally be in my city.

Look, your opening post in this thread comes across as demeaning regardless of whether or not what you said it facts. I mean I'm not personally offended. But if it seems someone is having a go, I'll have a go back harder than they do. Also the last thing in your opening post about not many gamers isn't true. But anyway... yes dice probably won't do cross platform. I also asked them or others if they have any ideas. Preferably ones that don't rely on waiting 1 or 2 years for a solution like getting a next gen console.
    I was in games all today where one team completely dominated every single game we played. It was ridiculous. I mean even if there was a large group of players within that team who had grouped up.

That is happening as well here. Groups of players dialed in with one another via voice have a HUUUUGE advantage over those not. And, no, the current match making algorithm completely ignores that aspect of player arrangements. It's rather elementary, and I again seriously doubt DICE Sweden have a clue about how to begin to make things right.

Yeah people in big parties should be handicapped in some way to make up for their advantage. If they start winning too much, like maybe earn less BP than everyone else. I dunno. Something though.

I don't understand how dice can make this game and BFV. BFV has such better lobbying systems in place. It shows all servers and games running and your latency for that server and everyone else's. Like why isn't that in this game? That would probably in itself fix this issue with the australian server.
  • I don't understand how dice can make this game and BFV. BFV has such better lobbying systems in place. It shows all servers and games running and your latency for that server and everyone else's. Like why isn't that in this game? That would probably in itself fix this issue with the australian server.

I believe the answer is simple (& unintelligent); they do not want to reveal which Game Modes & locales are popular / unpopular. I do not play BFV, but I can imagine there are fewer maps/scenarios than there are in BF2. And for all the grandiose fanfare given by EA/DICE over certain formats, locations, et. al., I do not think they are ready to reveal even a peek in to the reality of the game's current situation via Server/Game Selection.
  • What on earth does the aussie server latency have to do with it? You’re the one complaining about it dieing and not having players. Which means not many play the game. So which is it? Are you having trouble finding people or not?
    If it’s not true then you simply wouldn’t have a problem now would you?

If you’re trying to make me believe Papua New Guinea, Singapore and Indonesia is full of Battlefront 2 players, I’ll be the one calling you a liar. So yes you are isolated as pretty much the only place in the region to get players from. And since you’re complaining about there not being any players... Well then you are ***** out of luck. Play with higher latency, move or grab a PS4.
    I don't understand how dice can make this game and BFV. BFV has such better lobbying systems in place. It shows all servers and games running and your latency for that server and everyone else's. Like why isn't that in this game? That would probably in itself fix this issue with the australian server.

I believe the answer is simple (& unintelligent); they do not want to reveal which Game Modes & locales are popular / unpopular. I do not play BFV, but I can imagine there are fewer maps/scenarios than there are in BF2. And for all the grandiose fanfare given by EA/DICE over certain formats, locations, et. al., I do not think they are ready to reveal even a peek in to the reality of the game's current situation via Server/Game Selection.

BFV actually has quite a lot of modes. Probably as many as BF2. I don't understand why they would care so much about what the community does and doesn't know at this point. It's not like anyone in the media is watching anymore, the game has been out almost 2 years and the community itself already has a good feel of the player base. It's like their hiding info from absolutely no one haha
    What on earth does the aussie server latency have to do with it? You’re the one complaining about it dieing and not having players. Which means not many play the game. So which is it? Are you having trouble finding people or not?
    If it’s not true then you simply wouldn’t have a problem now would you?

If you’re trying to make me believe Papua New Guinea, Singapore and Indonesia is full of Battlefront 2 players, I’ll be the one calling you a liar. So yes you are isolated as pretty much the only place in the region to get players from. And since you’re complaining about there not being any players... Well then you are **** out of luck. Play with higher latency, move or grab a PS4.

Your the one who brought up isolation! I was asking you what you were talking about with isolation. You must of been talking about latency. Now listen to me ok. I've already said I wasn't sure what you were talking about and asked you to clarify. However you seem all over the place and are difficult to follow.

Quit using the word isolation to describe Australia in the Oceania region ok. That word doesn't apply at all. This country is the centre of the developed world's activity in the region, so anywhere but here might be able to be called isolated, but it just doesn't refer at all to Australia.

My post was clear and simple. There are very little players that play on this server on Xbox one. Do you understand that? There are also probably solutions that the development team could implement that go beyond your capabilities. You can offer them suggestions to that effect in this thread or directly. I made it pretty clear that I'm after suggestions on how to fix this issue for Xbox one ok. Now me moving to another platform, or waiting until next gen consoles doesn't help with what I asked for now does it. Are you following? Either make a suggesting to the development team that would up the player base on Xbox one, or don't and move along.
  • And you don’t seem to understand something that should be very simple to follow. As pretty much the only place in the region to have a high amount of gamers within reasonable distance to play with a reasonable latency, you are ISOLATED. There is NO ONE ELSE that you can magically get more players from in your region. How can you not see that makes you isolated compared to European and American servers? It’s only you! You alone. Aussie servers, thats it. Is it still too difficult for you to follow?

There is no magical solution that DICE can use to make you get more players on Xbox one in Australia. There’s crossplay, which won’t happen and even you understand that apprently. They’d have to get more players interested, and to do that they’d have to make actual content other than emotes and poses. QoL fixes etc. But after 2 years of mediocracy, this won’t happen. The game is dieing, and since your region has a low number of players compared to US and EU servers, you’ll be the first to notice it. You’ve also decided to buy the least popular console, that choice has bigger consequences when you live in a region with less players to play with. So take the advice, go for the other option in 1-2 years. Maybe you get to play a few months longer.
    And you don’t seem to understand something that should be very simple to follow. As pretty much the only place in the region to have a high amount of gamers within reasonable distance to play with a reasonable latency, you are ISOLATED. There is NO ONE ELSE that you can magically get more players from in your region. How can you not see that makes you isolated compared to European and American servers? It’s only you! You alone. Aussie servers, thats it. Is it still too difficult for you to follow?

There is no magical solution that DICE can use to make you get more players on Xbox one in Australia. There’s crossplay, which won’t happen and even you understand that apprently. They’d have to get more players interested, and to do that they’d have to make actual content other than emotes and poses. QoL fixes etc. But after 2 years of mediocracy, this won’t happen. The game is dieing, and since your region has a low number of players compared to US and EU servers, you’ll be the first to notice it. You’ve also decided to buy the least popular console, that choice has bigger consequences when you live in a region with less players to play with. So take the advice, go for the other option in 1-2 years. Maybe you get to play a few months longer.

Haha see what I mean. Back and forth between australia being isolated within Oceania region and isolated from the rest of the world. You cant make up your mind. That's why you are difficult to understand. Go back and read all your posts and watch how you switch between the two.

You could of just said you have no real suggestions and moved on. I'm not interested in the many many obvious reasons that put the player base to where it is. I want to know from devs if they have come up with anything that could help or if anyone has a genuinely good suggestion for them. You see maybe a dev will say something as simple as "you'll hear soon about something we've been working on that will help". Maybe a new lobby/server searching system like in BFV. Who knows?? That's the point though. I don't know, and if they know anything or are willing to tease something that's coming soon. It's be great to hear.
    And you don’t seem to understand something that should be very simple to follow. As pretty much the only place in the region to have a high amount of gamers within reasonable distance to play with a reasonable latency, you are ISOLATED. There is NO ONE ELSE that you can magically get more players from in your region. How can you not see that makes you isolated compared to European and American servers? It’s only you! You alone. Aussie servers, thats it. Is it still too difficult for you to follow?

Haha see what I mean. Back and forth between australia being isolated within Oceania region and isolated from the rest of the world. You cant make up your mind. That's why you are difficult to understand. Go back and read all your posts and watch how you switch between the two.

You could of just said you have no real suggestions and moved on. I'm not interested in the many many obvious reasons that put the player base to where it is. I want to know from devs if they have come up with anything that could help or if anyone has a genuinely good suggestion for them. You see maybe a dev will say something as simple as "you'll hear soon about something we've been working on that will help". Maybe a new lobby/server searching system like in BFV. Who knows?? That's the point though. I don't know, and if they know anything or are willing to tease something that's coming soon. It's be great to hear.

Jesus man, you’re making a real effort of not reading what I’m saying. I’m saying «compared» to. USA can take tons of players from their own states, south america, canada etc. EU servers take from pretty much every EU country. We’re talking players from regions with 450ish million people each region. Oceania has what, 50 million people? If that.
    And no they won’t tease anything, they’re being tight lipped before gamescon. And that announcement will be just as poor as the one we got around E3.
  • There's always GA, CS and HvV games going on in Aus on PS4
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

Jesus man, you’re making a real effort of not reading what I’m saying. I’m saying «compared» to. USA can take tons of players from their own states, south america, canada etc. EU servers take from pretty much every EU country. We’re talking players from regions with 450ish million people each region. Oceania has what, 50 million people? If that.
    And no they won’t tease anything, they’re being tight lipped before gamescon. And that announcement will be just as poor as the one we got around E3.

Pipe down now. You keep repeating yourself as though one of the two things you kept flipping between were difficult to understand. But it's just that you kept going back and forth which is what made it difficult. Move along.
  • There's always GA, CS and HvV games going on in Aus on PS4

All day GA games?
  • Crossplay and cross-saves between Xbox and PS4 would be nice to see but I highly doubt it will happen.
  • gmnvfvsyfx7b.gif
  • I doubt this will happen almost 2 years after launch. Cross play would help struggling player counts in regions, but I don't think it will happen until maybe the next consoles. EA and DICE would have to facilitate it like Epic Games did with Fortnite.
  • I would love for this game to be cross platform.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Disboy
    183 posts Member
    Devs you can already see the massive decline in the past 2 weeks of the Aussie server. Games went from regularly starting at 11am-midday and went until after midnight during the week. Now they don't start until about 4-5pm and finish around 10pm. That drop has only happened within a fortnight. It actually did begin the week before droidekas dropped, but the content drop revived it until now.

Please can you make PS4 and Xbox cross platform play. It's the only way forward at the moment. Both GA and CS are ghost towns outside of 4-10pm and it will most likely completely die off in the next few weeks on the Aussie server. A content drop would bring it back for a while, but it's the Xbox aim drift which has killed it judging from what I've spoken to many people about. So I assume PS4 doesmy have the same issue and their player base is higher.

Also why can't the way battlefield V has a search for games ve added into bf2? I mean I feel the reason so many people leave a lobby is because they think there is already another game going, even though there isn't.

Perhaps even lower the the amount of players required to start a GA and CS game just on the australian server?

If development team has anything in the works that could help prevent this server from being desolate in the next few weeks, can you please reply and say what it is, or at least say you have something that will help.

Seems you’re alone on this one mate. As people above have stated your nation is more “isolated” than the majority of nations that do play this game. Fortunately for you I think the new COD Modern Warfare will be cross platform, but regarding BF2 it’s dead and gone outside of certain hours even here in the US. You’re also the first and probably only Aussie to complain so far so idk if they’ll cater just to you for the server issues.
    My advice: stick to new games due to your geographic location. I have the luxury of living in the US, even more so in California which is completely immersed with tech, but I can only imagine how lonely it is out there living within a culture that doesn’t place a high emphasis on video games.
  • Disboy wrote: »

Seems you’re alone on this one mate. As people above have stated your nation is more “isolated” than the majority of nations that do play this game. Fortunately for you I think the new COD Modern Warfare will be cross platform, but regarding BF2 it’s dead and gone outside of certain hours even here in the US. You’re also the first and probably only Aussie to complain so far so idk if they’ll cater just to you for the server issues.
    My advice: stick to new games due to your geographic location. I have the luxury of living in the US, even more so in California which is completely immersed with tech, but I can only imagine how lonely it is out there living within a culture that doesn’t place a high emphasis on video games.

Is this post trying to bait me coz you saw my exchange with that other guy in the thread? Haha the game did only just start to die literally in the last 2 week's here. So I dunno if I'll be the last to complain about it, but if there are any Aussies that see this they can confirm it happened. And dice wouldn't be just catering to me if they did something about it. The game is still active all day on both weekend days, so there is still a player base hanging on. I don't think the game will last past this week when it comes to weekday gaming. At the latest maybe next week. Someone up the thread said ps4 still gets games all day. So it really makes me wonder if Xbox just got screwed because of Xbox lag and aim drift, and that made everyone quit. That would annoy me to no end if that's the case, considering it's such a massive problem and been around for almost 2 years.
  • Someone up the thread said ps4 still gets games all day. So it really makes me wonder if Xbox just got screwed because of Xbox lag and aim drift, and that made everyone quit. That would annoy me to no end if that's the case, considering it's such a massive problem and been around for almost 2 years.

a.) Q-tip. Quit Taking It Personally. It's not Disboy's fault he leads a sheltered, pampered life in CA.
    b.) XBox lag has been there for far more than a few weeks. It's been months and months now, but it is also not consistent, either. I'm doubtful it is an EA issue, actually. I think it'd be more an internal XBox issue than an EA issue.
    c.) I think the player base has been in decline for far longer than what you've come to see in the past couple of weeks. There may have been enough players to sustain a decline for this long a time, but you've just finally come to see it the past couple of weeks affecting your game play.
    d.) I think the player base of PS4 is larger than that of the XBox. Why? Legacy reasons - e.g., PS4 had the VR headset / Trench Run for BF2015 before any other platform - hence, the player base of PS4 is larger & die-hard-er than that of the XBox.
  • Learn to speak Chinese.
    #StarWars-y

It's so nice sitting on our little island paradise and controlling the world behind the scenes.

Thinking Australia controls the world

vpj4t0sv9ipx.gif
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Disboy
    183 posts Member
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    Someone up the thread said ps4 still gets games all day. So it really makes me wonder if Xbox just got screwed because of Xbox lag and aim drift, and that made everyone quit. That would annoy me to no end if that's the case, considering it's such a massive problem and been around for almost 2 years.

a.) Q-tip. Quit Taking It Personally. It's not Disboy's fault he leads a sheltered, pampered life in CA.

I wouldn’t call it a “fault”, but rather an expensive choice. :smiley:
  • Disboy
    183 posts Member
    Disboy wrote: »

Is this post trying to bait me coz you saw my exchange with that other guy in the thread? Haha the game did only just start to die literally in the last 2 week's here. So I dunno if I'll be the last to complain about it, but if there are any Aussies that see this they can confirm it happened. And dice wouldn't be just catering to me if they did something about it. The game is still active all day on both weekend days, so there is still a player base hanging on. I don't think the game will last past this week when it comes to weekday gaming. At the latest maybe next week. Someone up the thread said ps4 still gets games all day. So it really makes me wonder if Xbox just got screwed because of Xbox lag and aim drift, and that made everyone quit. That would annoy me to no end if that's the case, considering it's such a massive problem and been around for almost 2 years.

Seems like you know that answer then, play on weekdays. PS4 is better than Xbox in terms of BF2, I know bc I have both a PS4 Pro and Xbox One X and the game runs smoother on my PlayStation. Either fish out $300 for a PS4 Pro or just stick to your other games because it ain’t gonna get better even if the servers change in terms of performance.
  • DarthLando wrote: »

It's so nice sitting on our little island paradise and controlling the world behind the scenes.

vpj4t0sv9ipx.gif

I'm an Aussie and even I find this funny, there's no way we're running everything behind the scenes haha
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Psy3d
    867 posts Member

488.gif

This post made my day :D

Btw since DICE is a follower....maybe in the next game they will allow multiplatform like leading dev's at Activision has for CoD.
  • Starwarsor66
    1991 posts Member
    edited August 12
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    Someone up the thread said ps4 still gets games all day. So it really makes me wonder if Xbox just got screwed because of Xbox lag and aim drift, and that made everyone quit. That would annoy me to no end if that's the case, considering it's such a massive problem and been around for almost 2 years.

b.) XBox lag has been there for far more than a few weeks. It's been months and months now, but it is also not consistent, either. I'm doubtful it is an EA issue, actually. I think it'd be more an internal XBox issue than an EA issue.
    c.) I think the player base has been in decline for far longer than what you've come to see in the past couple of weeks. There may have been enough players to sustain a decline for this long a time, but you've just finally come to see it the past couple of weeks affecting your game play.
    d.) I think the player base of PS4 is larger than that of the XBox. Why? Legacy reasons - e.g., PS4 had the VR headset / Trench Run for BF2015 before any other platform - hence, the player base of PS4 is larger & die-hard-er than that of the XBox.

No I know that Xbox lag has been around for longer. But if the Xbox and ps4 had similar player base, or even if the xbox had a little less (which people seem to say), then I still think it's possible that Xbox lag has been the main contributing factor the steady decline over the past few months, or since it appeared in the game and only now is it taking it's toll in the form of almost complete failure of the game. If there really are games of GA on ps4 that are starting at 8 or 9am then the player base of ps4 is at the very least exactly that, or more, of what Xbox was at release date in australia. I'd find it pretty hard to believe that Xbox and ps4 are that unevenly dispersed throughout the australian community and it seems to point more towards Xbox problems being an issue that have gradually got the game to it's current state in this country, and no doubt other countries will follow. You even said in US that games don't go all day. But here someone said ps4 in australia goes all day. So the game here can then be said to be more popular on ps4 in australia than it is on Xbox in America. Highly likely Xbox lag is to blame I think. I mean u just have to take a look at all the complaints on the forums to know it would eventually take it's toll.
    Post edited by Starwarsor66 on

vpj4t0sv9ipx.gif

Was obviously joking. Pan americana all the way. Ain't no freaks going to talk down to Australia though. I mean not that there's anything to talk down about haha developed country, one of highest lifestyle and health rating in the world, basically live in a vacation spot 24/7. I'd say it the reality of what california/LA projects it's image to be.

vpj4t0sv9ipx.gif

I'm an Aussie and even I find this funny, there's no way we're running everything behind the scenes haha

Well we are. You'll be invited into the stonecutters club once you come of age.

That escalated quickly.

That escalated quickly.

Got to squash a rebellion before it begins
  • Oh well devs, you tried... Not
  • The only way you're going to get games 24 hours a day again in OZ land is when the Dev Team realizes they are actually hemorrhaging a vast number of players (not growing them, as F8RGE wants).

The game content is stale. Has been essentially since Geonosis GA was released last year.
    Putting all Developer time towards catering to the minority few who play the Elites has pretty much wiped out the casual gamer who would come in with expectations of a better Battlefront-I experience. If one is not "gud" enough to play a hero or an elite unit (aerial, infiltrator, etc.), one spends more time sitting at the Respawn screen than actually playing the game. Casual gamers have gone elsewhere.