criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

SPEEEDS. Luke shouldn’t be so fast 🤷🏾‍♂️

KieranJC7
62 posts Member
edited August 11
So each hero In the game is obviously representative of a specific version of their characters e.g Yoda, Anakin & Obi Wan in the game are from Clone Wars - Episode 3. And the Luke in the game is obviously Luke from episode 5 - 6 (currently). So idc about what Luke can do in legends! But if u compare Obi and Ani in their Prime (clone wars to Ep3) and compare Luke in Ep5-6........ Luke Sky Walker doesn’t display any sort of performance of superspeed or super mobility.

However, Literally every Jedi in the Clone Wars Period of time (Ep3 included) displays the ability to run and move significantly faster than everyone else. They put Usain Bolt to shame. Luke in the OT does not. I feel like I could run faster than Luke in the OT.

So the fact that all these new hero’s that are without a doubt faster than Luke in the Star Wars universe (Maul, Yoda, Anakin, Obi, Greivous etc...) but Luke is still the fastest... for some reason.

DISCLAIMER, idc that much about sprint speeds rn. I’m 99% happy with the games state and I’m not moaning or complaining. Just a lil point out :) curious to see if anyone else thinks the same.

Replies

All that aside though, I think they just needed to pick someone to be the "quick" hero on the light side, like how maul is that on the dark. It probably should of been obi-wan, but oh well.

I reckon it’s because way back when the game released, they had no intention of having more hero’s. I reckon if anakin and Obi were in the game from the beginning, then they’d be “the fast ones”.
  • This is Anakin Skywalker:

The most powerful Jedi of his generation.
    Perhaps of any generation. The fastest. The strongest.
    He is the best there is at what he does.
    The best there has ever been.
    And he knows it.

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . .

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars—

I love you, Anakin. In life, and in death, we will always be one. I am yours

• Luke’s whole play style is hit and run, reducing his speed will make him very similar to how bad he was before they did the whole rework, besides not everything has to be canon
  • Luke does that gnarly jump out of the carbonite chamber in Empire. Still impresses me to this day
  • Is he faster than Maul now? does feel that way. Honestly I miss Maul without block, felt way smoother.
  • Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    Is he faster than Maul now? does feel that way. Honestly I miss Maul without block, felt way smoother.

Majority of the time I forget he has a block.
  • I believe it’s because we’re left to assume that because of his intense training with Yoda, he has this ability. He’s been on every terrain and had to traverse it well. It’s a nice homage to it, with a bit of imagination. If that’s not enough for you, just think of it gameplay wise as a balance to give him an edge against other villains if lore isn’t for you.
  • Jesus man, the OT was made in the 70ies and 80ies... Take a look at the other movies that came out in that era.
  • Luke’s whole play style is hit and run, reducing his speed will make him very similar to how bad he was before they did the whole rework, besides not everything has to be canon

Luke is not a hit & run hero
  • KieranJC7 wrote: »
    So each hero In the game is obviously representative of a specific version of their characters e.g Yoda, Anakin & Obi Wan in the game are from Clone Wars - Episode 3. And the Luke in the game is obviously Luke from episode 5 - 6 (currently). So idc about what Luke can do in legends! But if u compare Obi and Ani in their Prime (clone wars to Ep3) and compare Luke in Ep5-6........ Luke Sky Walker doesn’t display any sort of performance of superspeed or super mobility.

However, Literally every Jedi in the Clone Wars Period of time (Ep3 included) displays the ability to run and move significantly faster than everyone else. They put Usain Bolt to shame. Luke in the OT does not. I feel like I could run faster than Luke in the OT.

So the fact that all these new hero’s that are without a doubt faster than Luke in the Star Wars universe (Maul, Yoda, Anakin, Obi, Greivous etc...) but Luke is still the fastest... for some reason.

DISCLAIMER, idc that much about sprint speeds rn. I’m 99% happy with the games state and I’m not moaning or complaining. Just a lil point out :) curious to see if anyone else thinks the same.

No.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Darth_Vapor3
    4227 posts Member
    edited August 13
    This is Anakin Skywalker:

And he knows it.

He lost to Obi-Wan Kenobi.

And he knows it.

So? Stupidity. No quotes are saying he's the smartest Jedi

And when he was in his right mind destroyed Dooku

And now he felt her, really felt her in the Force; He felt a bond, deeper and more intimate than he’d ever had before; and for a precious eternal instant he was her. . .

he was the beat of her heart and he was the motion of her lips. He was her soft words as though she spoke a prayer to the stars—

• Billkwando wrote: »
    KieranJC7 wrote: »

No.

@Billkwando see what I mean you're on every Luke post almost as you're a fan & biased 🤔

And he knows it.

HIGH GROUND killed Ani!!

And he knows it.

Stupidity is the idea that Anakin Skywalker was the best at anything. The most powerful? Sure. But that’s it. Well... betrayal, yeah, he was the best at that.

And he knows it.

Stupidity is the idea that Anakin Skywalker was the best at anything. The most powerful? Sure. But that’s it. Well... betrayal, yeah, he was the best at that.

The best at flying, the best duelist in his generation & has been said in the comics

And he knows it.

The best at flying, the best duelist in his generation & has been said in the comics

Ok. But I saw him lose a duel.

And he knows it.

The best in his generation. No jedi knight in his class could compete with him. It's been stated he would've beaten obiwan had he not gotten arrogant

And he knows it.

The best in his generation. No jedi knight in his class could compete with him. It's been stated he would've beaten obiwan had he not gotten arrogant

Maybe. But if he hadn’t failed as a Jedi already, he wouldn’t have even been fighting Obi-Wan.

And he knows it.

Maybe. But if he hadn’t failed as a Jedi already, he wouldn’t have even been fighting Obi-Wan.

The jedi order failed him :/

And he knows it.

While that argument sounds good, it disintegrates under scrutiny. Anakin was manipulated and seduced by a Sith Lord. I’m pretty hard on Anakin but in truth, many young Jedi might have fallen prey to Sidious. The Jedi Order didn’t fail him though. He’d been trained near his entire life. In the end, it came down to a choice. He chose himself instead of the principles of the Jedi. That choice speaks for itself. He could have struck down Palpatine instead of Windu.

And he knows it.

While that argument sounds good, it disintegrates under scrutiny. Anakin was manipulated and seduced by a Sith Lord. I’m pretty hard on Anakin but in truth, many young Jedi might have fallen prey to Sidious. The Jedi Order didn’t fail him though. He’d been trained near his entire life. In the end, it came down to a choice. He chose himself instead of the principles of the Jedi. That choice speaks for itself. He could have struck down Palpatine instead of Windu.

You've watched the clone wars right? The jedi while portrayed as good guys are very similar to the Sith. The ahsoka trials was the best example. So scared of losing their power like Palpatine said & threw ahsoka under the bus. They were consumed by the dark side & it cost them. If only there were more jedi like anakin, qui gon, & vos
  • CC_1010
    2169 posts Member

And he knows it.

Mace and yoda were better duellists. Only Mace and yoda could compete with sidiousY
  • CC_1010 wrote: »

And he knows it.

Mace and yoda were better duellists. Only Mace and yoda could compete with sidiousY

What part of best of HIS generation do you not understand
  • CC_1010
    2169 posts Member
    edited August 14
    CC_1010 wrote: »

And he knows it.

lol what Generation is he then? Like you think they are talking about the Padawans he murdered?

And he knows it.

You've watched the clone wars right? The jedi while portrayed as good guys are very similar to the Sith. The ahsoka trials was the best example. So scared of losing their power like Palpatine said & threw ahsoka under the bus. They were consumed by the dark side & it cost them. If only there were more jedi like anakin, qui gon, & vos

Consumed by the dark side? Hardly. But they were defeated by it. The galactic war was unprecedented. They were never supposed to get caught up in the politics. Brilliant strategy by Palpatine, that.

More Jedi like Anakin means... more Darths, like Vader.

They got outsmarted, as did everyone. Ahsoka paid the price, as did everyone.

Consumed by the dark side? Well, one of them was. Their brightest star. We all know how that worked out.

And he knows it.

lol what Generation is he then? Like you think they are talking about the Padawans he murdered?

And he knows it.

And he knows it.

That's not his generation bro. Switch out generation for his class.
  • CC_1010
    2169 posts Member

And he knows it.

And he knows it.

And he knows it.

lol probably yes
  • CC_1010
    2169 posts Member

And he knows it.

Sith tend to be arrogant...

And he knows it.

Consumed by the dark side? Hardly. But they were defeated by it. The galactic war was unprecedented. They were never supposed to get caught up in the politics. Brilliant strategy by Palpatine, that.

Consumed by the dark side? Well, one of them was. Their brightest star. We all know how that worked out.

Yoda said it in rebels. More like anakin? I think not. Count Dooku, ventress, pong krell all turned because of the jedi.

And he knows it.

And he knows it.

And he knows it.

lol probably yes

There's no probably he is. I'm canon Anakin is said to be the greatest of his class/generation which is why he's a utter disappointment

And he knows it.

Stupidity is trying to argue against what's written in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith.

"This is Anakin Skywalker:

The most powerful Jedi of his generation. Perhaps of any generation. The fastest. The strongest. An unbeatable pilot. An unstoppable warrior. On the ground, in the air or sea or space, there is no one even close. He has not just power, not just skill, but dash: that rare, invaluable combination of boldness and grace.
    He is the best there is at what he does. The best there has ever been. And he knows it."

Only "the most powerful Jedi of any generation" is left dubious. He is still "The best there is. The best there has ever been" in all of Jedi history. That includes Yoda and Windu.

Even a simple search for the behind the scenes stuff has the Star Wars crew saying Anakin is the greatest fighter and most powerful.

"Anakin's style has changed completely between Episode II and Episode III. He now no longer cares. He knows he's unbeatable. He's far more dangerous than anybody in the universe."

But clearly he's arrogant because of it

And he knows it.

Yoda said it in rebels. More like anakin? I think not. Count Dooku, ventress, pong krell all turned because of the jedi.

Excuses of the fallen. Anakin, Dooku, Krell, etc., these are not the wronged parties. They are the weak, who succumbed to the temptation of power that the dark side offers. The villains, who subsequently blame others for their actions. Typical stereotypes all of them.

What’s surprising is your misinterpretation of this.

And he knows it.

Excuses of the fallen. Anakin, Dooku, Krell, etc., these are not the wronged parties. They are the weak, who succumbed to the temptation of power that the dark side offers. The villains, who subsequently blame others for their actions. Typical stereotypes all of them.

From watching the clone wars man I can see why anakin betrayed them. The jedi were so sith like during the 3 year period it's crazy. Faking Obi-Wans death & not even informing anakin was dark & is something a sith would do. The lines are so blurry pic the side that'll save your wife.

• ROMG4
    2908 posts Member
    380xux.jpg

I Am Speed
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • CC_1010
    2169 posts Member

And he knows it.

Stupidity is trying to argue against what's written in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith.

The most powerful Jedi of his generation. Perhaps of any generation. The fastest. The strongest. An unbeatable pilot. An unstoppable warrior. On the ground, in the air or sea or space, there is no one even close. He has not just power, not just skill, but dash: that rare, invaluable combination of boldness and grace.
    He is the best there is at what he does. The best there has ever been. And he knows it."

Only "the most powerful Jedi of any generation" is left dubious. He is still "The best there is. The best there has ever been" in all of Jedi history. That includes Yoda and Windu.

Even a simple search for the behind the scenes stuff has the Star Wars crew saying Anakin is the greatest fighter and most powerful.

"Anakin's style has changed completely between Episode II and Episode III. He now no longer cares. He knows he's unbeatable. He's far more dangerous than anybody in the universe."

Yeah no. Yoda beats him. Windu is equal with him in the force(not potential) and beat him with the saber. Obi also killed almost killed him because he was arrogent. Doesn’t seem so unbeatable to me.

And he knows it.

And yet, despite all of that, and like I said in the beginning, he still lost to Obi-Wan Kenobi.

When it counted most, he failed. Twice. Once with Mace, and again with Obi-Wan. So what do all those pretty words mean in the end.

Nothing.

He was a failure.

I’m not trying to argue anything. There’s no need.
  • DiamondxStyles
    954 posts Member
    edited August 14

And he knows it.

And yet, despite all of that, and like I said in the beginning, he still lost to Obi-Wan Kenobi.

When it counted most, he failed. Twice. Once with Mace, and again with Obi-Wan. So what do all those pretty words mean in the end.

Nothing.

He was a failure.

Glad you forfeit; you can't argue that anyway

I never argued he wasn't a failure in the end lol. Yes that is definitely true

The words just mean that Obi Wan, Yoda, Palpatine, Windu etc wouldn't stand a chance in normal circumstances where his spirit wasn't crushed by Padme refusing his side after making all the mistakes he already made in regret solely for her.

• Darth_Vapor3
    4227 posts Member
    edited August 14

And he knows it.

Nothing.

He was a failure.

Forfeit? You’re funny.

I’ll start over at the beginning.

The claim is that Anakin is the best at what he does. All he ever really does is fight. He loses a duel to Obi-Wan. The argument, if you’d like to call it that, was won right there. Everything else is just discussion.

And he knows it.

Nothing.

He was a failure.

Forfeit? You’re funny.

The claim is that Anakin is the best at what he does. All he ever really does is fight. He loses a duel to Obi-Wan. The argument, if you’d like to call it that, was won right there. Everything else is just discussion.

That's the fact, not the claim lmao.

He never lost a duel to Kenobi. He was exposed mid air in a jump and Kenobi cut his limbs off.

You never won anything, you just believe something opposite of what was written and think his stupidity and arrogance in that moment makes him less skilled than Obi Wan lol. If that were the case, Kenobi wouldn't have been destroyed by Dooku in normal terrain

And he knows it.

Nothing.

He was a failure.

Forfeit? You’re funny.

That's the fact, not the claim lmao.

He never lost a duel to Kenobi. He was exposed mid air in a jump and Kenobi cut his limbs off.

You never won anything, you just believe something opposite of what was written and think his stupidity and arrogance in that moment makes him less skilled than Obi Wan lol. If that were the case, Kenobi wouldn't have been destroyed by Dooku in normal terrain
    “He was exposed mid air in a jump and Kenobi cut his limbs off. ” Umm... Yeah. That happened in their duel, which resulted in Anakin losing.

Whatever was written, after the movie was made, doesn’t change what happened.

Arrogance, or any lack of self control, will certainly contribute one’s performance. One combatant maintaining composure while the opponent doesn’t directly relates to comparative skill. The mind and will are the most dangerous weapons after all. If you can’t understand this then... There’s really little else to discuss.

• I think that quote is what Anakin was SUPPOSED to be. But he never lived up to that because he was weak minded until ROTJ saving Luke. People like to cite things like "he beat Dooku" without realizing the reasoning behind Dooku's defeat was that he was instructed to go easy on Anakin because of Palpatine. By the time he realized 'going easy' on Anakin would be his downfall it was too late. Yoda, Mace, Obi-Wan, Dooku... they all could stand up to Anakin and probably defeat him. Strength doesn't always win battles, but arrogant Anakin didn't realize this until he was OT Vader. That's something the 4 I mentioned above did know.
  • I think that quote is what Anakin was SUPPOSED to be. But he never lived up to that because he was weak minded until ROTJ saving Luke. People like to cite things like "he beat Dooku" without realizing the reasoning behind Dooku's defeat was that he was instructed to go easy on Anakin because of Palpatine. By the time he realized 'going easy' on Anakin would be his downfall it was too late. Yoda, Mace, Obi-Wan, Dooku... they all could stand up to Anakin and probably defeat him. Strength doesn't always win battles, but arrogant Anakin didn't realize this until he was OT Vader. That's something the 4 I mentioned above did know.

Very well said.

And he knows it.

From watching the clone wars man I can see why anakin betrayed them. The jedi were so sith like during the 3 year period it's crazy. Faking Obi-Wans death & not even informing anakin was dark & is something a sith would do. The lines are so blurry pic the side that'll save your wife.

I understand this position, but it’s still a failed one. If this were so, more Jedi would have broken ranks.

Some Jedi did indeed display Sith-like behavior. Skywalker and Krell are first on that list.

Not informing Anakin about Kenobi’s fakes death is not dark. It was a necessity for a strategy. Had Anakin been a true Jedi, he would have handled this appropriately. A more egregious omission is the fact that Anakin got married, against the Order’s rules.

There was no valid reason to betray the Jedi. Yes, he did it to save his wife. But if he would have just listened to the Masters... I mean, come on! You don’t trust a Sith Lord! He was a lost cause. He’d always been, really. It’s just that he was able to mask it because he was so powerful in the force and in combat.

Had there not been a galactic war on, the Jedi would have discovered this much earlier.