criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

StingerFront II

124Next

Replies

• Lol I'll never get stinger pistol complaints. Unless you got a 4 man premade after you they're none issues. Honestly feel embarrassed if I die to a stinger pistol lol.

Same.
  • XAnakin93
    531 posts Member
    edited September 7
    XAnakin93 wrote: »
    Wolfman91 wrote: »
    Lol, this guy deserved this. You were very close to him, attacking him from behind and he didn't even notice.
    Besides, he was hurt by other guys too.

This clip proves nothing but the fact that this yoda wasn't the best yoda to say the least. ;v

The clip proves that i just did ALONE 600 HP with 6 shots to the most broken hero in the game

There were plenty of others shooting him in that clip and you hit him way more than just 6 times

i hit him with 6 shots just listen to the sound.
    Also, yeah, they were shooting him, but i did 600 damage to him alone.
    1 player did 600 damage to the most broken hero.
    Like oka
    Post edited by XAnakin93 on
  • Sad I missed this thread. wish I could get together with 3 other friends and do nothing but run stinger
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Sad I missed this thread. wish I could get together with 3 other friends and do nothing but run stinger

Count me in
    Stinger was the only reason I kept playing CS for a while
    Just to be a pain in the ***** for Hero's 😂
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Sad I missed this thread. wish I could get together with 3 other friends and do nothing but run stinger

Count me in
    Stinger was the only reason I kept playing CS for a while
    Just to be a pain in the ***** for Hero's 😂

"Saw Gerrera once said a player with a stinger pistol and nothing left to lose can take the match." Stinging is built on hope!
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Stinger is absolutely fine. I think I've died to it like twice in the games life span.

Same.
  • The only time I've ever killed a Hero pretty much single handed with a Stinger Pistol is when a Yoda was too busy attacking a Bossk allowing me to sneak up on him. I can't remember if he killed Bossk or let him live to go after me, but I completely unloaded on Yoda as he rushed me hitting him about 6-8 times more before he reached and killed me. The only reason I know I killed him was Yoda died from bleed a few seconds later after me.

I don't think Stinger Pistol is OP, because it all comes down to how many shots you connect with. One time with Stinger Pistol I was able to take down a Heavy by shooting him non-stop while side step strafing him and that took like 6-8 shots with no bleed.

The one thing people, who complain that Stinger Pistol is OP, is that it actually takes skill to use. To use it effectively a player needs to be a good sniper and have a fast trigger finger. Once a majority of BF2 players master hip shooting with Stinger Pistol at long range it will be the game's meta.
  • XAnakin93 wrote: »
    What changes would you want for the stinger? Cooldown time between uses? Damage model changes?

Damage reduction vs heroes or maybe reduce the accuracy.
    You can litteraly snipe heroes from base to base lol.

I mean, look at this clip.
    I literally killed a buffed Yoda with 6 shots.

That's broken as hell.

A buffed Yoda is pretty broken, in my opinion.
  • Er, vanguard, explosive sentry, two weapons straight off the top of my head that will kill a (non-blocking) hero in 6 shots or less. The only difference is the hero, if they are a decent player, will notice the damage more quickly. Plenty of weapons can, and do, kill heroes quickly. I think people just dislike the sneaky nature of the stinger.
    I am an Anakin main! You are all bad players compared to me!
    And what you want?!
    We want standard weapon that can kill heroes easily cause without them we would not be able to kill them!
    REEEEEEEEE!

They’re fixed it for you to be more grammatically correct.
    Feh...
    Luminara wrote: »
    What changes would you want for the stinger? Cooldown time between uses? Damage model changes?

Damage reduction vs heroes or maybe reduce the accuracy.
    You can litteraly snipe heroes from base to base lol.

I mean, look at this clip.
    I literally killed a buffed Yoda with 6 shots.

That's broken as hell.

A buffed Yoda is pretty broken, in my opinion.

And a free weapon that can deal 600 damage with 6 shots to a broken hero what it is?

Hero shouldn't be killed by one player.

I've killed heroes by myself with the Stinger Pistol
    I've killed heroes by myself with the A280CFE
    I've killed heroes by myself with the AT-ST
    I've killed heroes by myself with the SE44C
    I've killed heroes by myself by punching them off a bridge on Kamino :smiley:

Thats without getting into reinforcements!

What are we supposed to use, harsh language?

Stop attacking heroes completely and stand around waiting to be cut down like wheat?

That comment just prove that heroes can be easily killed :)

Show me a clip where you kill a full HP Yoda with A280, Sec44, and by pounching him.

I will wait.
  • I just killed 2 Hero's with stinger
    They were both attacking one of our heroes and I was miles away and I just kept shooting at them and they both died hahaha

May the Force be with you.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I'm still waiting for the video where people kill a full life Yoda with A280, Sec :D
    I'm still waiting for the video where people kill a full life Yoda with A280, Sec :D

Yoda? Not a chance. I've definitely shot down Boba with the CFE when he's got stuck against a ceiling though :lol:

Unload the CFE in burst mode into the head of any hero who doesn't have a ludicrously small hitbox and they tend to drop pretty fast.
  • My compliments go out to those who dedicate their time to purely stinger pistol heroes. May the Force be with you.

Make 10 stings feel like 100!
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • The stinger pistol is a troll weapon. It barely ever kills me but it annoys me to hell, until I find that ***** and kill him enough to make him stop. Apparently, a lot of people don't know how to kill heroes. I can't count the number of times I got a heroes HP down half way just by myself. If teams actually worked together and half of them weren't blind then heroes wouldn't be as great as you think. If you are smart then half the time you should be able to dodge the sabers at least twice and get hits off. Honestly though I have been killed more by bugs and glitches then actual people. That's what's sad.
  • Chico
    498 posts Member
    edited September 9
    Chico wrote: »
    Er, vanguard, explosive sentry, two weapons straight off the top of my head that will kill a (non-blocking) hero in 6 shots or less. The only difference is the hero, if they are a decent player, will notice the damage more quickly. Plenty of weapons can, and do, kill heroes quickly. I think people just dislike the sneaky nature of the stinger.

Vanguard you need to sneak up and go melee for kill a hero with it.

You can just snipe people from base to base with stinger.
    Explosive sentry is another braindead weapon, not a surpise most bad players use heavy, cause is the most skilless class ever.

Just killed oldjabbajabba playing as Boba with my explosive sentry. No skill kill! Also got a grievous and a Dooku!
    Post edited by Chico on
    I just killed 2 Hero's with stinger
    They were both attacking one of our heroes and I was miles away and I just kept shooting at them and they both died hahaha

Totally fair. *facepalm*

It is fair, what is the problem?

It was a sarcastic comment.
  • Just bagged a Kylo. I think explosive sentry is the new stinger.
    Lol, this guy deserved this. You were very close to him, attacking him from behind and he didn't even notice.

This clip proves nothing but the fact that this yoda wasn't the best yoda to say the least. ;v

The clip proves that i just did ALONE 600 HP with 6 shots to the most broken hero in the game

There were plenty of others shooting him in that clip and you hit him way more than just 6 times

Like oka

You are missing the whole point. The Stinger is needed because heroes are 'broken'. Without the stinger heroes would really run even more wild than they do.

Some heroes have been power creeping up and up. That being said you are still over stating the power of the stinger.
  • XAnakin93
    531 posts Member
    edited September 10

Like oka

You are missing the whole point. The Stinger is needed because heroes are 'broken'. Without the stinger heroes would really run even more wild than they do.

Some heroes have been power creeping up and up. That being said you are still over stating the power of the stinger.

That comment was valid if heroes were broken and no weapon could kill them.
    But this is not the case, since heroes can be killed with every weapon.