criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

PS4 Lightsabers are too bright

I think there’s a bug rn on PS4 sabers appear rounded and brighter. Idc if they’re pointed again just remove excess brightness
Please fix on VFX update

Replies

• Gotta be honest... this is one of the few things in the game that I think is good. I personally would prefer that lightsaber brightness stays as is.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • It's fine as is on PS4
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I think there’s a bug rn on PS4 sabers appear rounded and brighter. Idc if they’re pointed again just remove excess brightness
    Please fix on VFX update

Might be your brightness settings or something.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• I think there’s a bug rn on PS4 sabers appear rounded and brighter. Idc if they’re pointed again just remove excess brightness
    Please fix on VFX update

I flip back and forth between the PS4 and Xbox versions all the time, and I notice zero difference.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Super important.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • ff5qrjm6utaq.jpg
    DICE suffering bc of this
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • I play on PS4 and they look fine to me, just like they do in the movies.
  • There are few things I've noticed about lightsabers:
    • Launch heroes/villains (except Yoda) automatically turn off their lightsaber after running about 2 seconds
    • Even though you turn off the saber you can still hear its sound while dodging
    • Abilities which do not affect the saber will turn it on even though you've turned it off
    • Launch heroes/villains (except Yoda) automatically turn off their lightsaber after running about 2 seconds
    • Abilities which do not affect the saber will turn it on even though you've turned it off

The only thing that genuinely bothers me is the dashing and hearing the saber when it’s turned off. Other than that I feel like the other things are just things you’d have to get used to.

The only thing that genuinely bothers me is the dashing and hearing the saber when it’s turned off. Other than that I feel like the other things are just things you’d have to get used to.

Probably, but would be cool to see them improving these. I want to use force pushes without any lightsabers turning on. :heart:
  • Wow are we really complaining about lightsabre brightness now!?!?!?
  • Anyone else think that blaster bolts should get the same visual update that the sabers got or would it cause seizures?
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

This is also consistent between Xbox and PS4. I've noticed it for as long as the on/off button has been a thing. Emotes will turn it off/on too.
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Billkwando wrote: »
    There are few things I've noticed about lightsabers:

This is also consistent between Xbox and PS4. I've noticed it for as long as the on/off button has been a thing. Emotes will turn it off/on too.

Exactly. I know these are just minor, but would satisfy some including me example.

Yeah Anakin, dooku maybe more just have saber on all the time while running, you chose yourslef when you retract it or not
    My priority list:

1. Fix Split screen mode bugs
    2. Fix bugs
    3. Bigger play area for Duel mode
    4. More love for Starfighter modes
    5. First Person only mode
  • The famed warrior, Chose Yourslef, confirmed as the next DLC hero! :D
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Anyone else think that blaster bolts should get the same visual update that the sabers got or would it cause seizures?

Yes, far more so that lightsabers imo. Blaster fire looks awful compared to the last game and can be hard to see at times with some weapons. Also they don’t travel, it’s instant like cod where the last games blaster fire had more travel time requiring leads.