criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Community Transmission - A look ahead at what’s coming in 2019

Replies

• Glad to know I will have some new content to look forward to for the rest of the year. Would love to see more ships someday or maybe a mode for hero starfighters that is actually playable.
  • Sooo!!! exited for the new clone commandos. What are the other reinforcements that will be coming in October thru December. I think we all know that it will be sith troopers and some other reinforcement for the resistance in December, but what are the reinforcements coming in October\November. Will it be Magna guards and clone shock troopers, since we are still in the clone wars era of updates, and maybe the red royal guards sometime later in 2020. I hope they add in the Magna guards and the clone shock troopers, most especially the Magna Guards.
  • All sounds great! one thing I am worried about is the ability to play with friends; 'couch co-op' i think it was called... I really enjoy playing with my friends, and the possibility of doing that on such a large scale game-mode sounds sick. I am however worried that this would only be online, or just single-player! couch co-op pleeeeease
  • A Luke skin.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • so were the clone comandos the prophecy? or will the prophecy be announced soon and what rarity will lukes skin have (wich skin is it). btw nice content!!!
  • can the ranco on felucia kill troopers!!!????
  • So DICE is confident their AI is finally good enough for vehicles, heroes, reinforcements, and objectives, then? Here's hoping that's true and they are actually capable now.

We all know the reason AI have been limited to starfighters and standard classes in the modes that only require they move and shoot at you (at first) is because of how shallow it was. They finally worked in Capital Supremacy as extra forces, but in both new modes they'll be the sole focus - it'll be easy to tell if they're not very good.
    I would imagine they will be of good quality given how much Dennis has supported the whole soloplayersmatter. If they work well it could also pave way for HvV PvE/offline as well but that's a long shot.
  • Alwe15
    979 posts Member
    If you've read the CT and immediately feel that there is nothing there for you then I have to be honest, this is not the game you're looking for. Move along.
  • Zexiel
    144 posts Member
    Goooood Goooood!!!

vqlked4ebccy.gif

EU Server Based. VIKINGR is an Discord both for playing games as well as just chatting and having fun with one another. Requirements: - Being able to read a discord server - Basic knowledge of the English or Scandinavian Language  - Day to Day groups to play with - Share Youtube Videos
    Discord: https://discord.gg/rNz9T84
  • DerpyDimwit
    2 posts Member
    edited August 21
    Cool, since you are putting in AI heroes and villains, you can go ahead and give us a HvV mode against the AI so filthy casual [removed] like me can stop playing against sweaty tryhards. Thanks.

[Mod edit: profanity removed]
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Awesome news, this is something, almost Galactic Conquest and even with AI heroes.
  • Awesome! Thank you Dice for the new developments. I love how you keep bringing me back to this game with new updates to content! It would have been easy after launch for you guys to abandon this game. I appreciate that you guys have stuck with it and provided loads and loads of improvements. I know you can't satisfy everybody, but I think you guys are doing a great job!
  • Sounds awesome and everything but where are the new weapons and Blast maps?
  • I’m very concerned that there was no new hero confirmation (Ahsoka and Ventress)!!! They have been in the files for months now and they are my favorite characters from the cw. This is very concerning bc I think we all were expecting for them to be announced with Felucia, but they weren’t.
  • tts42572
    1130 posts Member
    Still have no idea why we can't get a hero only objective mode. We see many people constantly asking for this and see it constantly brought up in the forum but nothing ever happens.

Just do hero only strike or hero only extraction. It can't be that hard to do. Test it out....Bet people would love it.

I'd really like to play something besides deathmatch game mode variants with heroes. It's either deathmatch or the larger mixed modes....That's all we've ever had.
  • I like how you snuck in Reinforcement Appearences

@UrbanGlitch what are you talking about

ee673yynjlrx.jpg
  • Beautiful, especially glad they focused on some piece of content that isn't heroes
  • I'm glad for commandos and for spawning on point, but clone wars again until the end of the year? Well at least there's a Luke skin coming for ot at least.
    source.gif

They had already mentioned felucia ages ago. What else did you expect to happen over the next couple months? A CW map drop with OT reinforcements? Haha

An actual surprise? Felucia is known for months now, commandos have been datamined in the beginning of the year, one skin for luke (cool but are other developpers than map ones), changes of cs ship are probably already used asets and spawn on command post (which should have been in the mod at the start) is code they already have for mmmhhh, fifteen years at dice?
    Oh I don't know, maybe the pve mod to not be clone wars only or a port of ga galactic civil war maps to cs? It's not like they have the isd insides ready from the campaign, mon cal ships textures and some interiors at the ready from campaign and some random crates to change the ground maps.

You had a question mark about clone wars until the end of the year. It's odd to wonder why they are doing CW for the next couple of months when a clone wars map was what was announced a long time ago. I'm being generous as well in letting you get away with "until the end of the year" when it's only 2 months and they already said they are working on sequel trilogy content.

Lol, for all we know, it's clone wars until November/December and November means November 28th for Dice so pretty much December for the rest of the world and December means the end of the year. Also of course the sequel content will come but it "doesn't count" as it is a given there would be content for the new Star Wars Movie, so yeah cw until end of the year.
    Also the question in the first answer is not "is it clone wars until the end of the year?" but more of a "really? Clone wars until the end of the year when you said you were pretty much done with it?"
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • and more emotes please
  • Like everything has a catch to it. And that is why I don't like this transmission as much as I should.
    - Felucia doesn't have GA
    - The new reinforcement is only for the republic nothing for CIS
    - Offline content is only for Clone Wars
    - HvV maps but there are so many more awesome map ideas for HvV that these just feel like an easy way out. (Bespin freezing chamber, Death star 2 throne room, Snoke throne room, ...)
    - the contextual spawning is good but should've been there in the first place.
    - Clone commandos have ANOTHER aoe health buff for the light side

People are not being realistic here and overhyped on the hype train just because they are getting clone commandos.

• And OH MY GOD these Clone Commandos look sexy. Amazing job. Cant wait to play as Scorch, 07, Fixxer or 38(or as some asian ytber calls them clonathan, clonelius and Clone Wick) and the abilities look very interesting and versatile.

Gonna disrespect Zanny like that? 😄
  • I'm glad for commandos and for spawning on point, but clone wars again until the end of the year? Well at least there's a Luke skin coming for ot at least.
    source.gif

They had already mentioned felucia ages ago. What else did you expect to happen over the next couple months? A CW map drop with OT reinforcements? Haha

An actual surprise? Felucia is known for months now, commandos have been datamined in the beginning of the year, one skin for luke (cool but are other developpers than map ones), changes of cs ship are probably already used asets and spawn on command post (which should have been in the mod at the start) is code they already have for mmmhhh, fifteen years at dice?
    Oh I don't know, maybe the pve mod to not be clone wars only or a port of ga galactic civil war maps to cs? It's not like they have the isd insides ready from the campaign, mon cal ships textures and some interiors at the ready from campaign and some random crates to change the ground maps.

You had a question mark about clone wars until the end of the year. It's odd to wonder why they are doing CW for the next couple of months when a clone wars map was what was announced a long time ago. I'm being generous as well in letting you get away with "until the end of the year" when it's only 2 months and they already said they are working on sequel trilogy content.

Lol, for all we know, it's clone wars until November/December and November means November 28th for Dice so pretty much December for the rest of the world and December means the end of the year. Also of course the sequel content will come but it "doesn't count" as it is a given there would be content for the new Star Wars Movie, so yeah cw until end of the year.
    Also the question in the first answer is not "is it clone wars until the end of the year?" but more of a "really? Clone wars until the end of the year when you said you were pretty much done with it?"

Totally, ST stuff won't release until after film does, and everyone has a chance to see it so my guess is 28th December for ST.
  • Rom34250
    1 posts Member
    edited August 20
    ebhkosox9jjb.png

And: Mustafar, Mygeeto, Utapau, coruscant like planet

It's a minimum for a great Star Wars Battlefront. The dev do not fully consider the players' opinion.
    Even if the thin additions are good.

• 1 new map for CS + possibly GA
    1 new map for HvV
    1 new reinforcement and possible more
    3 new skins for droids
    Commando operation PvE coop mode.
    Instant action is back baby!
    New possible skins to be unlocked
    and Rise of Skywalker content coming with the new movie, possible bunch of skins and 1 or 2 heroes and 2 maps at least.

What is missing:
    NEW WEAPONS!
    Capital Supremacy maps for OT era but no capital ships involved only capture the command posts since Rebel Alliance barely had capital ships at disposal :smiley:
    Increased player capacities 25 or 26 per team to meet the need of players for the new classes added lately.
    MAKE AT-TE 2 MAN VEHICLE 1 IS ON THE MASS DRIVE CANNON THE OTHER IS ON THE DRIVER SEAT AS PLAYER CAPACITY SHOULD BE INCREASED!
    IG-100 MAGNA GUARDS!

Luke and some other possible OT era skins + Maul skins!
    BF2015 content to be added; Scariff + Sullust and Shadowtroopers, Shoretroopers skins or reinforcements.
    BF2015 heroes brought back!

New heroes;
    Good Side: Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Plo Koon! Evil Side: Ventress, Savage, Cad Bane!
    Jango Fett, Rex, Cody, Wolffe, Bly, Jet, Neyo, ARC-77, Fives, Echo, Gregor maybe, skins or armor and helmet customizations for clones and reinforcements!

Special ops clone trooper skins!
    Galactic Marines, Bacara and Mygeeto and OG-9 with DSD1 dwarf spider droid to be added with Ki-Adi Mundi as map release hero "What About The Droid Attack On The Wookies??" "There is no such thing as luck!" lines to be added.
    AT-TE playable in CS maps!
    Coruscant massive scale space and land battle maps!

If large scale battles are what I hoped to be;
    Starting the map from acclamators or venators as players either getting on a gunship or piloting a fighter or bomber.
    Defenders flak them down. Once landed successfully the land operation continues like the normal GA for which the amount of survivors are added to the remaining reinforcements.

Maps are: Battle of Geonosis 2(Landing at Point Rain), Umbara, Utapau, Hoth, Scariff.
  • @F8RGE great work!
    Are you guys planning on making instant action 2 player? And is there any chance to expanding split screen co-op to 4 players?
  • Cool :)

Just one concern:

Another team buff ability for the light side? :'(

Middle Ability: Battle Focus
    Activates a damage protection aura for the Commando and nearby allies. Additionally, any damage the Commando deals to enemies replenishes his base health.
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    BATTLEFRONT II: THE CLONE WARS GAME

This is not my game

I realised that back in march. I play couple of rounds of GA every fortnight now. Other than that it's had its day for me. The updates don't interest me either. Not one has had me more than vaguely interested.
    Is what it is though.
  • So are the commandos gonna be the new enforcer for the republic? Or a new reinforcement overall? Are they gonna get Ep3 variantions? When will the other factions get their new infiltrators or vehicles?
  • Well this is exciting :) :) :)
  • Will Instant action work in split screen? If so can player 2 select their own skin?
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • HMV_501st
    13 posts Member
    edited August 21
    1. [removed] yeah, Instant action is back!
    2. CLONE COMMANDOS! THANK YOU DICE!
    3.Reinforcement appearances? Really hope that means that we'll be able to customize our Commandos and ARC troopers.

Also, I gotta love how some of the people are in these comments. When the Clone Wars all but got ignored when this game got released, no one seemed to care. The Clone Wars Era got fewer maps and heroes (literally only 2, Yoda and Maul) to start out with in this game, and no one seemed to care. But when the OT and ST get the shaft when it comes to new content, oh, NOW it's a massive problem. smh. Look, I'll admit I wanna see the OT, and even the ST, get some love (even though the ST doesn't really have that much noteworthy stuff yet, that's probably gonna change with the release of Rise of Skywalker), but the Clone Wars Era desperately needed content in order to catch up.

On that note, #AaylaSecuraForBF2
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Will there be starfighters in Instant Action? I really want to be able to fly the N-1 Starfighter in Instant Action on Naboo! There needs to be AI starfighters as well!

Original Trilogy & Sequel Trilogy for Instant Action in Battlefront II!

#soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Some folk (ie - been around since beta): Great adds ... but, is it really that difficult to add one new SFA map after nearly two years?

Dice: Look! A blue car!
  • DC17m reload animation is the same animation from republic commandos
  • Mkiosk wrote: »
    Some folk (ie - been around since beta): Great adds ... but, is it really that difficult to add one new SFA map after nearly two years?

Dice: Look! A blue car!

I might be wron on this but i think i read somewhere that SFA was developed by another Development Team from another Corporation to get it right and after the massive launch desaster they were like the first asset to be "let go".

So i dunno about the specifics and i might be wrong here but my guess is SFA has no developers and a too small playerbase to put effort into it.

Maybe someone has more details on that, or i might find the article where i read that.

Cheers
  • kyle221b wrote: »

And OH MY GOD these Clone Commandos look sexy. Amazing job. Cant wait to play as Scorch, 07, Fixxer or 38(or as some asian ytber calls them clonathan, clonelius and Clone Wick) and the abilities look very interesting and versatile.

Gonna disrespect Zanny like that? 😄

Sure why not, maybe it triggers him enough toi answer :smiley:

But for real hes great i discovered his channel 2 months ago or so and its been a blast
  • TBH kind of looking forward to the “Reinforcement appearances”. They should also be given emotes and victory poses.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • A grand update! Thanks!
    0gypubfypdjr.jpg

The_Cloaked_One
  • This sounds great!!! I'm so excited! INSTANT ACTION BAABBBYYYYYY!!!!

I just hope we will get Padmè before the end of the year, need the prequel trio!!
  • What class will the Commandos be. They should definitely be Infiltrators... because they are infiltrators. Also they should have their fist knives as there melee like the Droid Commandos. That’s a main feature of the Commandos.
  • I am disappointed about the Pilot skin for droids. Not cause I am about options and design. It’s because there was a Pilot class data mined around when the game launched. I don’t think that would be a hard class to design for every era. Hopefully they do!
  • xdef3kt1y9i2.gif

I approve. 😁😁😁😁😁😁🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌
  • I'm so excited I did this while I was at work. I slightly improved the intro of the Commando.

• I hope we get new commando droid and ARC trooper appearances. Like that tan\dark blue colored skin that we see the commando droids have in the clone wars show. I hope we also get magna guards and clone shock troopers, maybe sometime in October\November, cause in the new 2019 road map it says, new reinforcements and new reinforcement appearances, in October\December. We know in December they will be adding in the first order sith troopers and probably some kind of reinforcement for the resistance, but that's for December, what are the other reinforcements it says will be coming in October thru December. I hope its the magna guards and clone shock troopers, before the clone wars era of updates is over, before the rise of skywalker updates start.
  • I can’t wait for the 4 player offline mode. Thank you EA. I want a way to play with my friends just like that.

And is everyone forgetting Luke also wore the throne room outfit with the gold jacket in A New Hope? Just sayin’
  • Finally sounds like an update this game deserves :+1: Although, besides all the great content you have planned and you guys are working on, I really miss Starfighter content :(