criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

A Potential Yoda Counter + How the Forums/Reddit and the Devs are at Fault for OP Yoda

FightingLions14
383 posts Member
edited August 12
With Yoda’s new Star card, he is gonna become even stronger than what he is now. His new star card will allows Yoda to heal some of the damage taken during the Presence but at the cost of its cool down being increased by 13 seconds.

With this card, Yoda will now be able to:
1. Buff all allies with 200+ health.
2. Dash through blocks.
3. Have the smallest hit box.
4. Restore some permanent health.
5. Can block lightsabers and blaster bolts.
6. Has decent swing speed.

If we look at this list, number 2, 4, and 5 stand out. They are the core mechanics if you will that make Yoda broken. Yoda can hit back hard, and can block everything in front at him.

How I think you can stop Yoda in GA/CS has to do with the Stinger Pistol. You see, using the Stinger Pistol while Presence is active (assuming the card is equipped) is just gonna heal Yoda in the end.

So, the solution is to use Stinger Pistol in the 13 second cool down after Presence. If enough people can spam Stinger Pistol and hit Yoda from behind, it might slow Yoda down on pushes, and chip away at Yoda’s health slowly, mitigating his health restore effects.

I know a lot of people are gonna find this strategy as extreme and maybe even scummy. But let me remind you who helped Yoda get this OP in the first place and is causing us to resort to these tactics: people on the Forums/Reddit and the Devs. How? Well these 2 events contributed to Yoda becoming the best hero in Battlefront 2:

1. Devs removed the Yoda dash attacks through blocks and deal damage. Forums + Reddit complained that they could do this and it was re added in an later update. Yoda is the only character who can do this. This feat does not balance the game.

2. Darth Maul is set to receive a block to counter broken Anakin at the time. Forums and Reddit complain that Yoda deserves a block as well, as he be the only saber hero without one. Devs listen, and Yoda receives a block.

Both scenarios that happened had people complaining about some feature Yoda didn’t have, and wanted a change. What these people on the Forums and Reddit didn’t consider was the implications of the change, how it would effect the balance of the game.

However, it isn’t all on us. The Devs should have denied at least 1 of the 2 requests by the community. They have the power to make the game balanced. When they saw Yoda becoming OP, they should have removed the previous added requests for balancing purposes. The Devs didn’t obviously, probably so they wouldn’t upset anyone who asked for the changes.

It’s both parties fault for the situation we have now. What we now do is live and learn from our mistakes. The community needs to make more logical and balanced requests, while the Devs need to not be afraid to deny requests. We can easily fix the situation by requesting OP things to be removed. The Devs then listen and remove the items requested. Hopefully this situation or one like it doesn’t happen again, though it probably will.

Don’t think of this as me calling out people, but rather looking back at what when wrong and led us to our current predicament. What do you guys think?

Thanks and have a great day!! 😁l

Replies

• CC_1010 wrote: »
    I can see how he might be invincible in GA and CS but in HvV he gets seal clubbed.

Not necessarily. When I play Yoda in HvV, I chip away at opponents with dash attacks, which go through the blocks, hit them from behind when distracted with normal swings, and knock players off balance with Unleash. Yoda can also take less damage with his one star card and give more health via Presence. He can be pretty good in HvV, and with his hit box being naturally really small, he can be hard to hit by other players. So yea...he’s OP in HvV, but in a kinda different way than GA/CS.
  • Axone
    375 posts Member
    If they nerf him, I do hope they remove his saber blocking mechanic. To compensate for that, they need to give him a better dash animation and explosive blocking like the old Yoda 2017.
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    I can see how he might be invincible in GA and CS but in HvV he gets seal clubbed.

Not necessarily. When I play Yoda in HvV, I chip away at opponents with dash attacks, which go through the blocks, hit them from behind when distracted with normal swings, and knock players off balance with Unleash. Yoda can also take less damage with his one star card and give more health via Presence. He can be pretty good in HvV, and with his hit box being naturally really small, he can be hard to hit by other players. So yea...he’s OP in HvV, but in a kinda different way than GA/CS.

Met a level 235 yoda today and completely destroyed him with my level 76 kylo. Yoda is not Op in HvV. He is in a pretty good spot.

Levels mean nothing bro just mean you gotta lot of time. I killed a level 200 vader with my level 45 lando easily

Met a level 235 yoda today and completely destroyed him with my level 76 kylo. Yoda is not Op in HvV. He is in a pretty good spot.

I'm convinced that those who think Yoda is OP in HvV don't actually play him. Yes he's strong defensively since he can block alot of attacks and has fast stamina regen, but offensively he is quite meh. His regular attacks are slow and don't have forward momentum which makes it easy to avoid his attacks by dodging backward, his dash attack has a slow animation that makes it easy to dodge and it doesn't cover much distance leaving him vulnerable to back attacks after a dash attack. His Push has poor base range and is buggy, sometimes dealing no damage even when the enemy is in range. His lack of HoK really hurts his offensive capabilities as well, you can't afford to just go to town on enemies, playing Yoda offensively is a slow and methodical process in order to make sure you don't lose any health below your 250 regen threshold.

Chances are you're not making top 3 in score with Yoda unless both your teammates and enemies are potatoes.

I'm convinced people that don't think yoda is op have never played him & are not good with him. Yoda is a cheese hero & if you can't do well with him it's a player issue.

He's my most played saber hero by a fairly large margin. Though I'm only level 53 with him currently, that doesn't take into account the many, many hours I put into him after hitting the old level 40 cap before the level cap was raised.
  • Raices
    1200 posts Member

I'm convinced that those who think Yoda is OP in HvV don't actually play him. Yes he's strong defensively since he can block alot of attacks and has fast stamina regen, but offensively he is quite meh. His regular attacks are slow and don't have forward momentum which makes it easy to avoid his attacks by dodging backward, his dash attack has a slow animation that makes it easy to dodge and it doesn't cover much distance leaving him vulnerable to back attacks after a dash attack. His Push has poor base range and is buggy, sometimes dealing no damage even when the enemy is in range. His lack of HoK really hurts his offensive capabilities as well, you can't afford to just go to town on enemies, playing Yoda offensively is a slow and methodical process in order to make sure you don't lose any health below your 250 regen threshold.

Chances are you're not making top 3 in score with Yoda unless both your teammates and enemies are potatoes.

Yup
  • CC_1010
    1377 posts Member

He is good if you want to stay alive but his poor attack speed hold him down. You cannot compare him to Vader kylo or grievous if you want to go for damage output.

I'm convinced people that don't think yoda is op have never played him & are not good with him. Yoda is a cheese hero & if you can't do well with him it's a player issue.

He's my most played saber hero by a fairly large margin. Though I'm only level 53 with him currently, that doesn't take into account the many, many hours I put into him after hitting the old level 40 cap before the level cap was raised.

& you still can't do well with him? I have a friend who plays nothing but yoda when I was doing private matches & once yoda got a block & his dashes going through blocks he easily makes top 3. Yoda is busted.

Also most played doesn't mean you're good with said character. I have seen plenty level 100 Luke's & Anakin's who were just bad
  • Yoda will be a problem in GA/CS, but will be in a good place for HvV

& you still can't do well with him? I have a friend who plays nothing but yoda when I was doing private matches & once yoda got a block & his dashes going through blocks he easily makes top 3. Yoda is busted.

Also most played doesn't mean you're good with said character. I have seen plenty level 100 Luke's & Anakin's who were just bad

How in the world can yoda compare to grievous Vader and kylo(Kylos frenzy 2 shots his bonus health). If I want to attack I would pick anyone else.

Grevious???? Is ragdoll bait all of his moves are dodgeable & blockable. You can dodge his frenzy lol & block it. Yoda's op. Yoda, Boba, & vader are the heroes I choose when I want to select easy mode

I hate sabers and Yoda is my 3rd Highest LS hero at 143, he is OP.

I can get 2 or 3rd by just hiding behind block and dash attacking all game.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

I hate sabers and Yoda is my 3rd Highest LS hero at 143, he is OP.

I can get 2 or 3rd by just hiding behind block and dash attacking all game.

Yoda cheese at its finest.
  • serenity wrote: »
    Cheese is an invincible chokehold/the ability to wipe out an entire team with high damage and furious resilience/having a jetpack and rockets/turret camping/waiting for mind trick to come back for an easy kill. THIS is cheese.

Yoda is a decent hero, but nowhere does he come close to the mindless thinking that comes with playing someone like Vader, Phasma, or Anakin

hear_hear.jpg

True that. Yoda is a hero that requires actual thinking and skill to do well with. Vader is far more cheese than Yoda.
    Cheese is an invincible chokehold/the ability to wipe out an entire team with high damage and furious resilience/having a jetpack and rockets/turret camping/waiting for mind trick to come back for an easy kill. THIS is cheese.

Yoda is a decent hero, but nowhere does he come close to the mindless thinking that comes with playing someone like Vader, Phasma, or Anakin

hear_hear.jpg

True that. Yoda is a hero that requires actual thinking and skill to do well with. Vader is far more cheese than Yoda.

Hold block & use dash strike. Cheese hero

hear_hear.jpg

6 second cooldown per dash strike, which is easily dodgeable or damage tradeable. Block breaking bugs from multiple attackers, or Palpatine lightning, or uneven terrain letting damage get through while you are blocking. Getting body blocked when dash attacking, which stops you mid animation, opening you up to 2 attacks before you can do anything. Getting blind sided by a 2nd saber attacker mid duel, then getting saber stun locked by both of them attacking you at once and dying because Yoda has poor health and no moves that can free him from a saber stun lock. There are so many flaws in that strategy which I have encountered many times when trying to use it.

hear_hear.jpg

6 second cooldown per dash strike, which is easily dodgeable or damage tradeable. Block breaking bugs from multiple attackers, or Palpatine lightning, or uneven terrain letting damage get through while you are blocking. Getting body blocked when dash attacking, which stops you mid animation, opening you up to 2 attacks before you can do anything. Getting blind sided by a 2nd saber attacker mid duel, then getting saber stun locked by both of them attacking you at once and dying because Yoda has poor health and no moves that can free him from a saber stun lock. There are so many flaws in that strategy which I have encountered many times when trying to use it.

Lemme break it down for you. If you are Darth Vader & I'm yoda in order to kill me you must get in melee range which also happens to be dash strike range. You will not be able to kill me unless you get in range of me therefore I can dash strike you. Lol easily dodgeable yet it goes through dodges. Make it make sense. Yoda is a the best lightside hero in HvV without question. The things you listed happen to every saber hero & did you say he has poor health when he can buff himself & have 960 health :/ yoda is so easy to use in HvV it doesn't make any sense.

hear_hear.jpg

plus an extremely unreliable push
  • Raices
    1200 posts Member

So all the characters that easily make the top 3 in HvV are overpowered and should be nerfed right? Those are Vader, Anakin, Luke, Han, Boba
  • CC_1010
    1377 posts Member
    serenity wrote: »

hear_hear.jpg

Lol try to go through 800 health with yodas dash. He is easily defeated when ganged up and takes damage when he does his dash. His push also never really work. Vader is cheese cake if yoda is cheese.

hear_hear.jpg

Lol try to go through 800 health with yodas dash. He is easily defeated when ganged up and takes damage when he does his dash. His push also never really work. Vader is cheese cake if yoda is cheese.

Who isn't even defeated when ganged up. Vader takes damage when he throws his saber :/ why do you always bring up vader they are both cheese heroes.
  • CC_1010
    1377 posts Member

hear_hear.jpg

Who isn't even defeated when ganged up. Vader takes damage when he throws his saber :/ why do you always bring up vader they are both cheese heroes.

No Vader’s throw isn’t essential to his kit. Yodas dash is. When Yoda dashes he easily takes more damage then he dealt. Vader’s throw is extra damage. Vader can defend himself easily if he is hanged up. He can choke or block(his block actually works.
  • Yep. He could’ve stayed as a unique character, only being able to absorb blaster shots, but noooo. You just had to complain and make him into just another saber hero who just holds block for half the match. Great. He also didn’t need a jump height increase, it just completely ruined any combo game that he had previously. But pssssh, why listen to the veteran players who appreciated Yoda for who he was before he became just another saber lord.
  • Chico
    394 posts Member
    Yet again, as with Anakin threads, this is derailed by the HvV crowd. OP is making the point that in GA and CS Yoda is already a real nuisance due to his small hotbox and ability to block nearly everything. And that is going to get worse with the next update. Until all heroes are balanced separately for hero modes, you are never going to be able to balance this game.
  • FightingLions14
    383 posts Member
    edited August 14
    Chico wrote: »
    Yet again, as with Anakin threads, this is derailed by the HvV crowd. OP is making the point that in GA and CS Yoda is already a real nuisance due to his small hotbox and ability to block nearly everything. And that is going to get worse with the next update. Until all heroes are balanced separately for hero modes, you are never going to be able to balance this game.

Why thank you. Conversation is getting somewhat off track. Let’s get back to a Yoda counters for GA/CS.

Also, all these people distracting the fact they are PARTIALLY the blame for Over Powered Heroes. Quit changing the subject, let reality hit you people square in the face.
  • Raices wrote: »

So all the characters that easily make the top 3 in HvV are overpowered and should be nerfed right? Those are Vader, Anakin, Luke, Han, Boba

Yes actually except han & anakin
  • MC_XIX
    1752 posts Member
    Everyone who says that Yoda's swing speed and mediocre offensive capabilities make him 'meh' in HvV is conveniently forgetting his most overpowered aspect: buffing allies' health by 260hp.

He may not be the same killing machine that Luke or Anakin is, but he is not supposed to be. He was primarily designed to be a support hero, buffing allies and defending teammates with Unleash.

260 bonus HP to allies in HvV can be a nightmare for the DS to tackle. I personally detest seeing Anakin with 1160hp tearing down villains like knife through butter. Only Vader can compete with the LS heroes when they are running around with 1000+hp. It's unbalanced.
  • I will say this:

Yoda is probably the best Light Side support hero in HvV. He has good offensive capabilities, despite what people want to say, has a small hit box, and can easily help your team win. In the right hands, he can dominate a match.

As for GA/CS, he is probably one of the most noob friendliest heroes in Battlefront 2. Yoda can:
    1. Spam bonus health for team/self ✅
    2. Block blasters/Lightsabers ✅
    3. Dash in and out of combat ✅
    4. Hard to hit ✅
    5. Handle large groups of enemies with Unleash ✅
    6. On the quicker side ✅
    7. New star card that restores permanent health ✅

What makes Yoda broken, which people don’t seem to get is that he has a lot of strengths and no weaknesses really to bring him down. If we look at past OP heroes like Anakin and Palpatine, they didn’t have a weakness either. Now, they have a few, whether it be a bad ability or bad health regeneration, weak stamina, etc.

Having weaknesses is not a bad thing. It’s what makes a character balanced. The only weakness I can really think of for Yoda might be range, but Unleash and his dash can help close the gap so it really isn’t a weakness.

If we want a balanced game with balanced characters, we have to accept that character have weakness, and try to play to their strengths. I don’t think any of you can really argue against that. You might not like what I am saying, but it’s the harsh reality of gaming.

(Bugs and glitches aren’t a legitimate weakness btw).
  • CC_1010
    1377 posts Member
    edited August 14
    Yoda sucks please buff him! My team lost pretty bad yet still made top 3 with him & he doesn't even have a health card yet. Omg op hero will become even more op also agree with @MC_XIX dudes a support hero yet you wanna him to be a luke or a maul or rey Lol. Yoda needs no buff

Just mediocre players that don’t focus you. This video shows nothing. There are Vader videos where he wrecks absolute havoc. And when they focus you, you are down quickly.
    Yoda sucks please buff him! My team lost pretty bad yet still made top 3 with him & he doesn't even have a health card yet. Omg op hero will become even more op also agree with @MC_XIX dudes a support hero yet you wanna him to be a luke or a maul or rey Lol. Yoda needs no buff

Just mediocre players that don’t focus you. This video shows nothing. There are Vader videos where he wrecks absolute havoc. And when they focus you, you are down quickly.

Mediocre players would've lost to me tbh. Good players wreck havoc with anyone not named Leia & dooku.
  • CC_1010
    1377 posts Member
    edited August 14

Mediocre players would've lost to me tbh. Good players wreck havoc with anyone not named Leia & dooku.

Nvm. But all of the situations could have been replicated by other saber LS heroes.
  • CC_1010
    1377 posts Member
    And those players are pretty mediocre

Nvm. But all of the situations could have been replicated by other saber LS heroes.

Yoda's a beast man once he the update arrive in using him from now on.