criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Why don't they just call the new HvV "Hero Blast"?

I mean, that's what it is.

Replies

• Or change blast to Trooper vs. Trooper
  • OcDoc
    1675 posts Member
    Because it’s “evolving”. Haven’t you heard?
  • Billkwando
    1876 posts Member
    edited August 12
    JackTHorn wrote: »

Because it's their game and they do what they want. As F8RGE has told us, if we don't like the watered down, vanilla, boring Hero Blast/TDM, we are welcome to go play another game (I still stick with it, because I still enjoy playing as heroes, but it's nowhere near as fun, memorable, or video-worthy).

If they wanna turn it into Star Wars Checkers, but still call it Heroes Vs Villains, then that's their prerogative. It's their game.

They do not owe us any explanation for why this content was removed. According to them, no content was removed at all. Apparently, a ruleset is not content. Tell that to football fans, if the NFL were to decide, for "safety" reasons, that all future football seasons shall be played under the rules of British football (aka soccer), and that Madden games will now be FIFA......but don't worry, no content has changed!

They've already told us that making new content is more fun than fixing old, so they're happy to leave their maps with all the swiss cheese glitch holes, cos it's easier just to change the rules so nobody bothers to hide in them.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • OcDoc
    1675 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »

Because it's their game and they do what they want. As F8RGE has told us, if we don't like the watered down, vanilla, boring Hero Blast/TDM, we are welcome to go play another game (I still stick with it, because I still enjoy playing as heroes, but it's nowhere near as fun, memorable, or video-worthy).

If they wanna turn it into Star Wars Checkers, but still call it Heroes Vs Villains, then that's their prerogative. It's their game.

They do not owe us any explanation for why this content was removed. According to them, no content was removed at all. Apparently, a ruleset is not content. Tell that to football fans, if the NFL were to decide, for "safety" reasons, that all future football seasons shall be played under the rules of British football (aka soccer), and that Madden games will now be FIFA......but don't worry, no content has changed!

They've already told us that making new content is more fun than fixing old, so they're happy to leave their maps with all the swiss cheese glitch holes, cos it's easier just to change the rules so nobody bothers to hide in them.

Nice analogy!

• Billkwando
    1876 posts Member
    edited August 13
    OcDoc wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »

Nice analogy!

Yeah, thanks. It seemed fitting to me, especially since the topic creator was specifically wondering why Heroes Vs Villains is still called that when it's not Heroes Vs Villains at all.

Hero Bust.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.