criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Game Update
Forest of Endor

Latency based Matchmaking

Hello guys

i got a little proposition for today. Since everyone is whining about being matched with "junk Players" or "Noobs" (in a casual Game xD) i started thinking about matchmaking and i think skillbased, levelbased or anything in that regard is probably just not gonna happen for various reasons, BUT fear not as the title shows i have an idea that would probably help everybody.

Since lags, high MS and so on are problems people deal with on a regular basis in this and many other FPS Games could you maybe make that people with an average latency over 100 MS (that seems reasonable), will be Queued in a High latency Game.

So the people with normal MS (anything between 30 and 70MS seems average) dont have to deal with lagging players and the high latency players play each other (2 players with 200MS seems fairer then 1 with 35MS and the other with 150MS).

I dont know the logistics to do this but i think its smth probably everyone would appreciate, since Server Browser probably arent gonna happen.

Thoughts on that? MAybe somebody got some insight how the Devs would have to implement smth like that.

And remember guys keep it objective and be nice to each other <3

Cheers

Replies

• Good idea.
  • Yes, please. Or a server browser.
  • bfloo
    15847 posts Member
    If every one played, or was able to play in the right region, this wouldn't be an issue.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    If every one played, or was able to play in the right region, this wouldn't be an issue.

Wait are telling me that Dice does not differentiate in region...
    Well thats a rookie blunder if ive ever seen one.

Or maybe the Queue Times would be to long. Meh id need a Devs insight here
    @F8RGE your time to shine
  • bfloo
    15847 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Aside from them taking down ping sites, you can change it in settings.

Some do it just to find a game, but I'm sure some exploit it.

Early morning playing I would end up in Euro servers and I thought Euro players were terrible compared to US players until I saw an explanation of how ping and the physics engine work on the Battlefield forums.

Explaining it in detail is beyond my understanding.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

They deleted our African server, so now we can only play on EU server with high latency...not our fault.