criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Dooku Exposed Weakness

il96
570 posts Member
I really hope there is some discussion with the powers that be on making this ability a WAY quicker animation or AOE.
You guys increased animations for Obi's Mind Trick, Rey's Confusion, Luke's Repulse. Dooku NEEDS the speed increased too. #GiveDookuSomeLove

When you encounter a duel in order for Dooku confidently to go toe to toe, he needs Duelist + EW. When players are EW'd they run and its such a slow animation they get away, maybe you do catch them but you still need to get past a block / avoid a force ability, by then either Duelist or EW is worn off.
My suggestion make the animation FAST like a surprising attack hes always running around saying "You've overreached!" i wish that voice line actually meant something. An overconfident Anakin (like in ep2) runs at him and boom quick EW and Anakin is in a real tough spot. As of now its a lot of Dooku trying to get EW off taking 3 hits and dying or the stun saber lock cancels the animation altogether.
PS4 ButtersEgo96

Replies

• Instant cast + cast while swinging .
  • il96
    570 posts Member
    Cast in air?
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • I suggest that Dooku should be able to do Exposed Weakness while moving rather than having to stop. Same goes for his Duelist ability. Thoughts?
  • ZephanUnbound
    2873 posts Member
    edited August 13
    AoE would be kind of OP, but faster casting and the ability to cast it while moving and jumping would help him out alot.
  • AoE would be kind of OP, but faster casting and the ability to cast it while moving and jumping would help him out alot.

Aoe would be fine since the lightside has 2 heroes with aoe damage reduction:/
  • AoE would be kind of OP, but faster casting and the ability to cast it while moving and jumping would help him out alot.

Who's using this account currently ? The previous user would write us down the numbers and wouldn't come to this conclusion

Who's using this account currently ? The previous user would write us down the numbers and wouldn't come to this conclusion

Lmao 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • OcDoc
    1679 posts Member
    Heck, I barely even know what that ability actually does other than make my screen go dark and let me know he is trying to attack me.

When I am Dooku I never use his right ability. I only use his lightening and duelist. The right ability is really just a liability and I never seem to need it.

Well fine then, if it's numbers you want xD

Dooku has a card that gives his Expose Weakness 40% bonus damage. Now imagine that combined with an AoE. In HvV you could catch all 4 enemy heroes in the AoE, letting your whole team do 40% bonus damage too them. Now imagine Vader Choking all 4, Dooku AoE Expose weaknessing all 4 while they are choked, Boba unleashing his rockets into all 4 while they are choked and grouped up by the choke, and Boskk tossing down his 5 tripmines with fast arming where Vader is choking all 4 at, I don't even want to think about going up against a well coordinated premade team using such a combination.

Dooku has a card that gives his Expose Weakness 40% bonus damage. Now imagine that combined with an AoE. In HvV you could catch all 4 enemy heroes in the AoE, letting your whole team do 40% bonus damage too them. Now imagine Vader Choking all 4, Dooku AoE Expose weaknessing all 4 while they are choked, Boba unleashing his rockets into all 4 while they are choked and grouped up by the choke, and Boskk tossing down his 5 tripmines with fast arming where Vader is choking all 4 at, I don't even want to think about going up against a well coordinated premade team using such a combination.

Sounds like a viable ability. Which also counters Leia & Finn damage reduction stacking & Yoda health buffs.
  • ZephanUnbound
    2873 posts Member
    edited August 13
    AoE would be kind of OP, but faster casting and the ability to cast it while moving and jumping would help him out alot.

Sounds like a viable ability. Which also counters Leia & Finn damage reduction stacking & Yoda health buffs.

Well, you already know how I feel about Yoda (his team buff health should be removed in favor of slightly more self buff health and much faster attack speed, with his dash attack through block removed), and I've felt like Finn's damage reduction on Big Deal should have been nerfed to a flat 25% long ago. I also think that the devs might have made a mistake with those new Leia and Finn damage reduction cards, they keep giving the hero team more and more good team buffs while villain team has none.

The problem with giving Dooku an AoE expose weakness to counter all of that is that it establishes a new meta where Dooku is a required part of your team composition if the hero team has any team buffers in their comp, and I'm not really a fan of that. I want DICE to break up the meta in this game as much as possible, it gets a bit boring seeing the same heroes/villains and the same trooper weapons over and over because they are the most effective.
  • Give it a running animation like REY’S Insight.
  • il96
    570 posts Member
    Well the AOE doesn't need to be a massive cone, just maybe width of 3 players. I was thinking in GA how an AOE & increased casting speed would make is worth while using.

Obi has a massive AOE and when that is casted with Rey's everyone usually dies. So why cant Dooku combine his with another DS hero.
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • Dont forget he needs more range for his lightning stun.
  • Dont forget he needs more range for his lightning stun.

He doesn't need more range to his stun.....he just needs to be able to dodge farther away. Dooku should be given the right to dodge farther away all the time or at least during when he has duelist activated.

Lightning is suppose to be used at close range.

Then of course like my signature thread shows.....Dooku needs fixes to his lightsaber combat. He constantly misses on the first swing and misses people laying on the ground that got knocked over.
  • Exposed weakness needs to affect an area of people not 1 person, so that Dooku can be more useful in CS and GA. Also to help combat the soon to be constant damage reductions that the lightside will be using in most all game modes.
  • MC_XIX
    1770 posts Member
    Exposed weakness does nothing but expose Dooku's weakness - his 'clunkiness'. Every ability he has leaves him wide open to attack. Even blocking is terrible because it takes longer for Dooku to raise his block than everyone else.
  • il96
    570 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Exposed weakness does nothing but expose Dooku's weakness - his 'clunkiness'. Every ability he has leaves him wide open to attack. Even blocking is terrible because it takes longer for Dooku to raise his block than everyone else.

Hes slow at everything! There is a slight pause after he dodges drives me nuts, the duelist activation is slow but im not terribly concerned about that as it more of a prep ability than is ability to use in a battle. He can move quick with his jump swings. I sling together some large killstreaks in GA with him.
    PS4 ButtersEgo96
  • I think a while back when they did the thread for changes we want for heroes and villains I said no cast or self stun lock when using it (still able to move when performing) and making it act like a curse, it goes to the closest enemy if you kill the target marked.
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. - Qui-Gon Jinn
    Never tell me the odds. - Han Solo
  • Defbored
    1434 posts Member
    It’s a slippery slope. I wish both of his abilities activated faster. However, if you tag a hero while duelist is active and get the jump on them, you’ll melt them. They stand no chance.

A lot of potential to be over buffed.