criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Star trek vs star wars

We all know star trek fans are more sophisticated than star wars fans. They may not like a show or movie or character but they don’t dwell on it. Time has shown that over time these things tend to grow on people.

Star wars fans on the other hand are really dumb most of the time. Every time a new star wars comes out there is always whining and complaining and hiding behind their right to have an opinion even when these opinions are just band wagon hate. Why is this do you think?

Personally, i think star wars fans have a tendency to not like to think about things. They would rather be told what to think by youtube and their friends about what is good and bad. This is evident by all the rhetoric the haters use. It is always the same old dumb things they vomit time and time again. Is it because they have no life? Maybe they are genetically inferior? Or is it just as simple as they have not grown up past their infantile desire to get everything their way and this leads to the inability to have new things.

Thoughts?

Replies

  • DarthJ
    6539 posts Member
    edited August 14
    Is this you ranting because people disagree with you about the ST again?

    You actually remind me of everything thats annoying about the world today - disagree with an opinion and the new millenials are offended, and call you one of sexist/racist/inferior if you dont have the same opinion as them.

    Might be best to toughen up a bit.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Cadoth
    1091 posts Member
    Lol you should rename the title “why Star Wars fans suck” 😆
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Is this you ranting because people disagree with you about the ST again?

    You actually remind me of everything thats annoying about the world today - disagree with an opinion and the new millenials are offended, and call you one of sexist/racist/inferior if you dont have the same opinion as them.

    Might be best to toughen up a bit.

    Oh. Well, you are a trekist in that case.
  • MK300MK
    39 posts Member
    edited August 14
    Btw, did anyone here know Stark Trek is now going be adapted into a cartoon series for kids? I wonder how the old Trekkies would feel about it?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6025735/uploads/editor/4n/7kvm8i0yv3ww.jpg
    "Peter Popoff needs your money to help u"
    -Mk300mk
  • ZephanUnbound
    2796 posts Member
    edited August 14
    As a longtime fan of both Star Wars and Star Trek, I can honestly say that the Star Wars fanbase is more toxic. They are greatly segmented between various trilogies and series. OT fans vs PT fans, OT fans vs ST fans, PT fans vs ST fans, Legends fans who are angry at Disney for scrapping the old EU, live-action only fans vs cartoon and comic fans, etc. There is just alot of in-fighting within the Star Wars fanbase, more so than any other fanbase I can think of.

    There is some toxicity in the Trek fanbase as well, but there is less segmentation, it's mostly classic Trek fans (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT) vs modern Trek fans (movie reboots and Discovery). There is a bit of in-fighting among the classic fanbase about which series are the best, but it never gets super toxic, and most classic Trek fans like all 5 classic series and the 10 classic movies at least to some degree. However there is very strong hatred of modern Trek and it's fanbase coming from the classic fanbase, but that is to be expected considering that both CBS and Paramount, who have split ownership of the Trek license, have decided to ignore the classic fanbase entirely for a decade and a half, and have turned Star Trek into a vapid action series, which is not even close to Gene Roddenberry's original vision for the series. I just hope that Star Trek Picard was made for us classic fans rather than the new fans, or else the toxicity is going to get even worse in the Trek fanbase.
  • I enjoy the new movies and discovery but i prefer the old trek. Ds9 being my favorite show ever. I never have to justify why i like what trek though. I think trekkies won’t get as toxic as star wars nerds because trek is more of an investment and not as mainstream. Everyone and their grandma have seen star wars movies so everyone thinks they have what it takes to be a critic. What is apparent that people who don’t like aspects of star wars just dump on it constantly. You can’t even bring up the last jedi online without someone commenting how bad it is. One fanbase that has finally surpassed star wars for the most toxic is game of thrones.
  • People are allowed to criticise something
    Ponds main

    Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Is this you ranting because people disagree with you about the ST again?

    You actually remind me of everything thats annoying about the world today - disagree with an opinion and the new millenials are offended, and call you one of sexist/racist/inferior if you dont have the same opinion as them.

    Might be best to toughen up a bit.

    02jmcbvk3rwh.gif
  • ROMG4
    2724 posts Member
    edited August 15
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    We all know star trek fans are more sophisticated than star wars fans. They may not like a show or movie or character but they don’t dwell on it. Time has shown that over time these things tend to grow on people.

    Star wars fans on the other hand are really dumb most of the time. Every time a new star wars comes out there is always whining and complaining and hiding behind their right to have an opinion even when these opinions are just band wagon hate. Why is this do you think?

    Personally, i think star wars fans have a tendency to not like to think about things. They would rather be told what to think by youtube and their friends about what is good and bad. This is evident by all the rhetoric the haters use. It is always the same old dumb things they vomit time and time again. Is it because they have no life? Maybe they are genetically inferior? Or is it just as simple as they have not grown up past their infantile desire to get everything their way and this leads to the inability to have new things.

    Thoughts?

    giphy-downsized-large.gif
    Post edited by ROMG4 on
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • *posts on a Star Wars forum*
  • Does Star Trek still exist?
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    Does Star Trek still exist?

    Yep, Paramount's movie series is on hiatus after Star Trek Beyond underperformed at the box office, but CBS has revived Star Trek on tv recently. Star Trek Discovery has had 2 seasons so far with a 3rd on the way, and 4 new series have been announced to be in development; Star Trek: Lower Decks, an untitled series focused on mirror universe Philippa Georgiou from Discovery, an untitled teen focused series on Nickelodeon, and Star Trek Picard. Lower Decks will be an adult animated comedy by the head "Rick and Morty" writer about random crew members on a low level Starfleet vessel. The Nickelodeon show is about a group of teens who hijack an old abandoned Starfleet vessel and fly it on an adventure. And Star Trek Picard is a new live-action show set 20 years after Star Trek Nemesis, with Jean Luc Picard returning as the main character.

    As for the movies, while the 2009 reboot series is officially over now after Beyond flopped, Paramount has Quentin Tarantino and JJ Abrams working on a new Trek movie currently, which Tarantino is supposed to direct in the near future.
  • AzorAhai
    1326 posts Member
    I just recently finished Discovery season 2. Great show!
  • Cane_danko wrote: »
    We all know star trek fans are more sophisticated than star wars fans. They may not like a show or movie or character but they don’t dwell on it. Time has shown that over time these things tend to grow on people.

    Star wars fans on the other hand are really dumb most of the time. Every time a new star wars comes out there is always whining and complaining and hiding behind their right to have an opinion even when these opinions are just band wagon hate. Why is this do you think?

    Personally, i think star wars fans have a tendency to not like to think about things. They would rather be told what to think by youtube and their friends about what is good and bad. This is evident by all the rhetoric the haters use. It is always the same old dumb things they vomit time and time again. Is it because they have no life? Maybe they are genetically inferior? Or is it just as simple as they have not grown up past their infantile desire to get everything their way and this leads to the inability to have new things.

    Thoughts?

    Maybe because the Star Wars fan base is much larger, because Star Trek sucks, lol?

    Jk jk; I’m a fan of both but definitely favor Wars over Trek.

    Joking aside, there could be a lot of reasons for this that come to mind:
    - Star Wars fans pay more attention to story/canon details and continuity.
    - Somewhat related to the first one, the Star Trek universe at its base assumes our existing universe (i.e. our present reality) and then takes an imagined evolution to arrive at a future point, which, thus, both has to be somewhat realistic/plausible but also means a lot of the minor details/nitpicking items which may show up in Star Wars disputes are avoided since they can be assumed based upon our reality (to an extent - ex. unless otherwise specified, all human Star Trek characters can relatively safely be assumed to be from Earth while in Star Wars, while Coruscant is the origin planet of humans, a human could be from anywhere in the galaxy and fans could theorize about it endlessly if such a detail weren’t canonized already).
    - Now I don’t want to start a firestorm here but, generally (yes, ppl may disagree with me, but let’s not turn this thread into a debate about it), the overall story arcs, messages, themes, etc. of Star Wars are of a much more politically conservative (from American perspective) bent (ex: Biblical themes throughout, political story of classical republic succumbing to autocracy via mob rule leading to demagogue seizing power - think Cæsar and the Roman Republic, the dangers/risk of tyranny with an all powerful state, etc.) while those of Star Trek are of a much more politically liberal (again from American perspective) bent (ex. eventual triumph of certain Marxist ideals like eradication of economic class systems and related money economy, universal tolerance being the end virtue over a fixed, universally applicable set of moral guidelines, etc.). Given this difference, there could be certain expectational differences between the two different fan bases when it comes to the preservation of these themes within subsequent storylines/expansions, and also, since the Star Wars fan base (I believe) is actually larger, there could as a result be more political differences/differences in world views which play themselves out as arguments and disputes between fans.

    Just my two cents.
  • For the record though, I chose to disregard the OP’s hyperbole and address what I think was the actual root question posed.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Is this you ranting because people disagree with you about the ST again?

    You actually remind me of everything thats annoying about the world today - disagree with an opinion and the new millenials are offended, and call you one of sexist/racist/inferior if you dont have the same opinion as them.

    Might be best to toughen up a bit.

    I’m a millennial 😢.

    Lol, but yeah, while the OP was definitely over the top with the hyperbole/vitriol, best not to add fuel to the fire, no? It’s an online forum after all, so stuff like this is to be expected generally.
  • As a longtime fan of both Star Wars and Star Trek, I can honestly say that the Star Wars fanbase is more toxic. They are greatly segmented between various trilogies and series. OT fans vs PT fans, OT fans vs ST fans, PT fans vs ST fans, Legends fans who are angry at Disney for scrapping the old EU, live-action only fans vs cartoon and comic fans, etc. There is just alot of in-fighting within the Star Wars fanbase, more so than any other fanbase I can think of.

    There is some toxicity in the Trek fanbase as well, but there is less segmentation, it's mostly classic Trek fans (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT) vs modern Trek fans (movie reboots and Discovery). There is a bit of in-fighting among the classic fanbase about which series are the best, but it never gets super toxic, and most classic Trek fans like all 5 classic series and the 10 classic movies at least to some degree. However there is very strong hatred of modern Trek and it's fanbase coming from the classic fanbase, but that is to be expected considering that both CBS and Paramount, who have split ownership of the Trek license, have decided to ignore the classic fanbase entirely for a decade and a half, and have turned Star Trek into a vapid action series, which is not even close to Gene Roddenberry's original vision for the series. I just hope that Star Trek Picard was made for us classic fans rather than the new fans, or else the toxicity is going to get even worse in the Trek fanbase.

    In reading your post (I have no issue with it; just made me think), I think we may all be forgetting that there will always be generational differences (which, of course, can lead to fear/anger/hate - i.e. bickering) within fan bases for long running projects (what’s a better word?) like Star Wars, Star Trek and the like. I wonder if there’s any correlation between generational friction and related fan group/sub-group disputes. Seems like something interesting enough to be worth researching (for any sociologists out there).
  • ROMG4
    2724 posts Member
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    For the record though, I chose to disregard the OP’s hyperbole and address what I think was the actual root question posed.

    He just called anyone who disagreed with him Genetically inferior sub humans

    That's not hyperbole or a bit of anger. That's hatred right there
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • AzorAhai
    1326 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    For the record though, I chose to disregard the OP’s hyperbole and address what I think was the actual root question posed.

    He just called anyone who disagreed with him Genetically inferior sub humans

    That's not hyperbole or a bit of anger. That's hatred right there

    True.

    We should first and foremost treat one another with respect.

    I love both Star Trek and Star Wars, but I'm much more of a Star Wars fan.
  • Calling people dumb and genetically inferior isn't very intelligent and sophisticated. Everybody has right to make their own opinions about Last Jedi and what was right and wrong in that movie, I didn't like those decisions what director made in that movie, like deleting scene where Ray "Mary Sue" made mistake attacking innocent village and would not be therefore so much "Mary Sue" anymore, also that long casino scene was mistake. I am fan of both sci-fi series, but I like Star Wars more, because it is like real living in sci-fi universe and you don't have to be science nerd to be able to enjoy it. Lucas made sci-fi movie for ordinary people not only for science nerds. My favourite Star Trek show was original Star Trek from 60's and Next Gen from 80's. I haven't even seen DS9, I didn't like it very much. New ST movies are great, but don't know about Picard movie, maybe that is too. I would like to see more movies with new cast with new Kirk and Spock, too bad Star Trek 4 was canceled, perhaps new ST movie series was too much action oriented for ordinary people like Star Wars fans and it was competing for same audience as Star Wars, so it was canceled, because Star Wars is bigger, but not saying it is better with those latest movies being so much disappointments. Anyway ordinary people are overcoming nerds these days, technology is almost everywhere, can you talk about nerds anymore.
  • Oh trust me noone needed to tell me that what Disney has done with the Star Wars franchise is a complete and utter vandalization and hateful parody of what someone else has created and that It is merely being used as a platform of SJW propaganda, in order for me to hate It. I could sense that by myself at first glance. What really dwells in my mind is, how can someone be so simple minded and ignorant, to enjoy something that was intentionally made to be bad, something that was made without a hair of passion, and filled with malicious intentions to offend the fanbase? How can someone be a fan of such poor written, uninteresting characters like Rey, kylo ren, finn? They are more of political role models rather than characters. I think people are just jumping in a bandwagon because they want to follow the latest trends. Everything that was established for many years in Star Wars lore, such as the force and the requirements to master It, was ruined and dumped, because they needed to send a political statement that women are strong. Luke who we all wanted to see as a powerful jedi master and find how much he evolved, was portrayed as a loser, because we need to understand that men are cowardly pigs. The entire sequels are but generic marvel films, with stupid anti climax comedy moments in every scene. If people hate something or even if someone else formulated their opinion for them they are completely entitled to have It. I will say one thing though, no Star Wars film got so despised to the point of being considered non-cannon to fans like the Disney sequels. That entire abomination is insulting to any rational human being, the fact you call people stupid and genetically inferior for not liking It Is possibly the most Ironic thing I have ever heard. My assessment is that people who enjoy those films are either kids or SJWs, really don't know what other demographics of people would enjoy them, and is clearly evident that youre either one of them considering you go about insulting people who does not share your awful blind taste.
  • So, from what i can tell we can add crybabies to the list of star wars fans traits. “Someone does not have the same opinion as me and is mean on then nets!” Is what i read from a lot of you. You mob on people who disagree with you and get butt hurt when they show animosity towards your vitriol and redirect it back at us then turn into the meme holding the gun in your hand like “why do tlj lovers hate us?”
  • Cane_danko wrote: »
    So, from what i can tell we can add crybabies to the list of star wars fans traits. “Someone does not have the same opinion as me and is mean on then nets!” Is what i read from a lot of you. You mob on people who disagree with you and get butt hurt when they show animosity towards your vitriol and redirect it back at us then turn into the meme holding the gun in your hand like “why do tlj lovers hate us?”

    Umm...are we reading the same comments? Kind of seems like you’re just trolling at this point, tbh.
  • Werowe4 wrote: »
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    So, from what i can tell we can add crybabies to the list of star wars fans traits. “Someone does not have the same opinion as me and is mean on then nets!” Is what i read from a lot of you. You mob on people who disagree with you and get butt hurt when they show animosity towards your vitriol and redirect it back at us then turn into the meme holding the gun in your hand like “why do tlj lovers hate us?”

    Umm...are we reading the same comments? Kind of seems like you’re just trolling at this point, tbh.

    I am sorry i don’t react the way you would have me to. Tell me how i should respond to all the same old comments? I found my method to be the most fun but it seems to be stepping on a lot of your toes so please let me find a better way.
  • Cane_danko wrote: »
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    So, from what i can tell we can add crybabies to the list of star wars fans traits. “Someone does not have the same opinion as me and is mean on then nets!” Is what i read from a lot of you. You mob on people who disagree with you and get butt hurt when they show animosity towards your vitriol and redirect it back at us then turn into the meme holding the gun in your hand like “why do tlj lovers hate us?”

    Umm...are we reading the same comments? Kind of seems like you’re just trolling at this point, tbh.

    I am sorry i don’t react the way you would have me to. Tell me how i should respond to all the same old comments? I found my method to be the most fun but it seems to be stepping on a lot of your toes so please let me find a better way.

    Well, for starters, common courtesy might be in order - your original posting was critiquing vitriol online from SW fans after all.
  • But, further, I see quite a few larger, thought-out responses here. If you disagree with some of these, why not go through it in detail and give a similarly, thought-out rebuttal?
  • Werowe4 wrote: »
    But, further, I see quite a few larger, thought-out responses here. If you disagree with some of these, why not go through it in detail and give a similarly, thought-out rebuttal?

    I figure because i treat people the way they want to be treated. I like the new star wars so i am sjw in love with a mary sue derp duh derp dee derp. Why continue to have the same arguments with people saying the same things for two years who swear by the mob mentality that their perspective is the valid one? I would love to try your more respectable strategy but it is one i found that is not successful. Returning their vitriol with similar negativity is pretty pointless too i will admit but at least there is a certain satisfaction to be had from watching people use it as an opportunity to paint me as whatever justifiable scapegoat they need to validate their opinion.
  • ROMG4
    2724 posts Member
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    But, further, I see quite a few larger, thought-out responses here. If you disagree with some of these, why not go through it in detail and give a similarly, thought-out rebuttal?

    I figure because i treat people the way they want to be treated. I like the new star wars so i am sjw in love with a mary sue derp duh derp dee derp. Why continue to have the same arguments with people saying the same things for two years who swear by the mob mentality that their perspective is the valid one? I would love to try your more respectable strategy but it is one i found that is not successful. Returning their vitriol with similar negativity is pretty pointless too i will admit but at least there is a certain satisfaction to be had from watching people use it as an opportunity to paint me as whatever justifiable scapegoat they need to validate their opinion.
    2ci6jh.jpg

    Umm, I've never had a problem with people that like The Last Jedi, in fact I envy TLJ fans to a degree. I don't like dislike TLJ by choice, I'm a Star Wars fan. I enjoyed it when I saw in theaters not my fault the movie died for me after only a 20 minute drive home all because I simply thought about it and realized the sheer amount of logical inconsistencies.

    And now here's a problem. Your upset that people have disliked TLJ and perhaps some have attacked you for it in which case they are wrong I don't know what your past is. But now your looping everyone that hates TLJ under this one "HATER!" group which is ruled by mob mentality, vitriol and the same opinions thrown back and forth. Essentially dehumanizing an entire group and their opinions because whatever reason which is never justification and completely and absolutely wrong. And if you just go well "I'mma be rude to them like this" well then you just lose your integrity and then just start the cycle all over again

    Like I said in the other thread if you ever want to have a discussion about TLJ I'm down for it.I'm respectful to everyone until they prove they don't deserve respect by insulting others for little to no reason. And in my first posts I thought I was being quite respectful

    That said I don't much like being called genetically inferior, you might want to cool that. Your talking about people being disrespectful to fans of a movie when your the only one here calling us genetically inferior and bad names from what I've seen

    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    But, further, I see quite a few larger, thought-out responses here. If you disagree with some of these, why not go through it in detail and give a similarly, thought-out rebuttal?

    I figure because i treat people the way they want to be treated. I like the new star wars so i am sjw in love with a mary sue derp duh derp dee derp. Why continue to have the same arguments with people saying the same things for two years who swear by the mob mentality that their perspective is the valid one? I would love to try your more respectable strategy but it is one i found that is not successful. Returning their vitriol with similar negativity is pretty pointless too i will admit but at least there is a certain satisfaction to be had from watching people use it as an opportunity to paint me as whatever justifiable scapegoat they need to validate their opinion.
    2ci6jh.jpg

    Umm, I've never had a problem with people that like The Last Jedi, in fact I envy TLJ fans to a degree. I don't like dislike TLJ by choice, I'm a Star Wars fan. I enjoyed it when I saw in theaters not my fault the movie died for me after only a 20 minute drive home all because I simply thought about it and realized the sheer amount of logical inconsistencies.

    And now here's a problem. Your upset that people have disliked TLJ and perhaps some have attacked you for it in which case they are wrong I don't know what your past is. But now your looping everyone that hates TLJ under this one "HATER!" group which is ruled by mob mentality, vitriol and the same opinions thrown back and forth. Essentially dehumanizing an entire group and their opinions because whatever reason which is never justification and completely and absolutely wrong. And if you just go well "I'mma be rude to them like this" well then you just lose your integrity and then just start the cycle all over again

    Like I said in the other thread if you ever want to have a discussion about TLJ I'm down for it.I'm respectful to everyone until they prove they don't deserve respect by insulting others for little to no reason. And in my first posts I thought I was being quite respectful

    That said I don't much like being called genetically inferior, you might want to cool that. Your talking about people being disrespectful to fans of a movie when your the only one here calling us genetically inferior and bad names from what I've seen

    I am sorry that you take my criticisms of certain groups to harsh but i would not take it personally. And maybe after episode 9 i will be down to debate with you the finer points of these movies. Right now i feel everything that could be said of 7 and 8 has been said and beaten to death. It is also worth noting i never said people who dont like these movies are haters. The haters are the one who flock to the conversation to say the same old things about why the sequels suck instead of just letting people do what they do. I have to assume these people are either really bored or lacking something that they feel the need to do this. It is something i cannot relate to because the closest thing i can compare it to me not liking in the same way is batman v superman. It was a movie i thought was exceptionally bad but i still got enjoyment out of laughing at it. I also was able to move on from it fairly quickly.
  • Cane_danko wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    But, further, I see quite a few larger, thought-out responses here. If you disagree with some of these, why not go through it in detail and give a similarly, thought-out rebuttal?

    I figure because i treat people the way they want to be treated. I like the new star wars so i am sjw in love with a mary sue derp duh derp dee derp. Why continue to have the same arguments with people saying the same things for two years who swear by the mob mentality that their perspective is the valid one? I would love to try your more respectable strategy but it is one i found that is not successful. Returning their vitriol with similar negativity is pretty pointless too i will admit but at least there is a certain satisfaction to be had from watching people use it as an opportunity to paint me as whatever justifiable scapegoat they need to validate their opinion.
    2ci6jh.jpg

    Umm, I've never had a problem with people that like The Last Jedi, in fact I envy TLJ fans to a degree. I don't like dislike TLJ by choice, I'm a Star Wars fan. I enjoyed it when I saw in theaters not my fault the movie died for me after only a 20 minute drive home all because I simply thought about it and realized the sheer amount of logical inconsistencies.

    And now here's a problem. Your upset that people have disliked TLJ and perhaps some have attacked you for it in which case they are wrong I don't know what your past is. But now your looping everyone that hates TLJ under this one "HATER!" group which is ruled by mob mentality, vitriol and the same opinions thrown back and forth. Essentially dehumanizing an entire group and their opinions because whatever reason which is never justification and completely and absolutely wrong. And if you just go well "I'mma be rude to them like this" well then you just lose your integrity and then just start the cycle all over again

    Like I said in the other thread if you ever want to have a discussion about TLJ I'm down for it.I'm respectful to everyone until they prove they don't deserve respect by insulting others for little to no reason. And in my first posts I thought I was being quite respectful

    That said I don't much like being called genetically inferior, you might want to cool that. Your talking about people being disrespectful to fans of a movie when your the only one here calling us genetically inferior and bad names from what I've seen

    I am sorry that you take my criticisms of certain groups to harsh but i would not take it personally. And maybe after episode 9 i will be down to debate with you the finer points of these movies. Right now i feel everything that could be said of 7 and 8 has been said and beaten to death. It is also worth noting i never said people who dont like these movies are haters. The haters are the one who flock to the conversation to say the same old things about why the sequels suck instead of just letting people do what they do. I have to assume these people are either really bored or lacking something that they feel the need to do this. It is something i cannot relate to because the closest thing i can compare it to me not liking in the same way is batman v superman. It was a movie i thought was exceptionally bad but i still got enjoyment out of laughing at it. I also was able to move on from it fairly quickly.

    Lol, yes, I think it’s pretty safe to say that those people posting those quick, snide/troll remarks in response to serious questions/discussions are really bored (I myself mainly browse and comment on the forums while in transit or when I’m taking a break from work stuff).

    On Batman v. Superman, I was so lost during the beginning of the film and definitely understand your point.

    Generally, while on forums, yes, no one should really be taking anything personally - it leads to the dark side - and one should always keep in mind that others may not agree with some of the opinions shared; these are discussion platforms, so we will all have our differences. The way to keep us all together is to respect that fact and treat everyone in a civil and courteous manner (ROMG4’s comment and your reply that I quoted above being a great example of this, I think). We should all strive to follow the “treat others as you would like to be treated” rule, even in the face of those (trolls) who behave to the contrary. 😊

  • bfloo
    15522 posts Member
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    But, further, I see quite a few larger, thought-out responses here. If you disagree with some of these, why not go through it in detail and give a similarly, thought-out rebuttal?

    I figure because i treat people the way they want to be treated. I like the new star wars so i am sjw in love with a mary sue derp duh derp dee derp. Why continue to have the same arguments with people saying the same things for two years who swear by the mob mentality that their perspective is the valid one? I would love to try your more respectable strategy but it is one i found that is not successful. Returning their vitriol with similar negativity is pretty pointless too i will admit but at least there is a certain satisfaction to be had from watching people use it as an opportunity to paint me as whatever justifiable scapegoat they need to validate their opinion.

    TLJ was horribly paced, like AotC was. If the story was engaging, I wouldn't struggle to stay awake for it.

    It doesn't help that both sides military leadership is so inept I think Bombad General Jar Jar would beat both sides.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    But, further, I see quite a few larger, thought-out responses here. If you disagree with some of these, why not go through it in detail and give a similarly, thought-out rebuttal?

    I figure because i treat people the way they want to be treated. I like the new star wars so i am sjw in love with a mary sue derp duh derp dee derp. Why continue to have the same arguments with people saying the same things for two years who swear by the mob mentality that their perspective is the valid one? I would love to try your more respectable strategy but it is one i found that is not successful. Returning their vitriol with similar negativity is pretty pointless too i will admit but at least there is a certain satisfaction to be had from watching people use it as an opportunity to paint me as whatever justifiable scapegoat they need to validate their opinion.

    TLJ was horribly paced, like AotC was. If the story was engaging, I wouldn't struggle to stay awake for it.

    It doesn't help that both sides military leadership is so inept I think Bombad General Jar Jar would beat both sides.

    This is exactly the kind of comment i have come to expect from the last jedi critics. Interesting yet somewhat petty.
  • bfloo
    15522 posts Member
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    But, further, I see quite a few larger, thought-out responses here. If you disagree with some of these, why not go through it in detail and give a similarly, thought-out rebuttal?

    I figure because i treat people the way they want to be treated. I like the new star wars so i am sjw in love with a mary sue derp duh derp dee derp. Why continue to have the same arguments with people saying the same things for two years who swear by the mob mentality that their perspective is the valid one? I would love to try your more respectable strategy but it is one i found that is not successful. Returning their vitriol with similar negativity is pretty pointless too i will admit but at least there is a certain satisfaction to be had from watching people use it as an opportunity to paint me as whatever justifiable scapegoat they need to validate their opinion.

    TLJ was horribly paced, like AotC was. If the story was engaging, I wouldn't struggle to stay awake for it.

    It doesn't help that both sides military leadership is so inept I think Bombad General Jar Jar would beat both sides.

    This is exactly the kind of comment i have come to expect from the last jedi critics. Interesting yet somewhat petty.

    Petty?

    Should I go into all the anti ega3mgzxqc8x.png
    arguments I laugh at?

    I was not entertained. If you were, that is great.

    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • bfloo wrote: »
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    But, further, I see quite a few larger, thought-out responses here. If you disagree with some of these, why not go through it in detail and give a similarly, thought-out rebuttal?

    I figure because i treat people the way they want to be treated. I like the new star wars so i am sjw in love with a mary sue derp duh derp dee derp. Why continue to have the same arguments with people saying the same things for two years who swear by the mob mentality that their perspective is the valid one? I would love to try your more respectable strategy but it is one i found that is not successful. Returning their vitriol with similar negativity is pretty pointless too i will admit but at least there is a certain satisfaction to be had from watching people use it as an opportunity to paint me as whatever justifiable scapegoat they need to validate their opinion.

    TLJ was horribly paced, like AotC was. If the story was engaging, I wouldn't struggle to stay awake for it.

    It doesn't help that both sides military leadership is so inept I think Bombad General Jar Jar would beat both sides.

    This is exactly the kind of comment i have come to expect from the last jedi critics. Interesting yet somewhat petty.

    Petty?

    Should I go into all the anti ega3mgzxqc8x.png
    arguments I laugh at?

    I was not entertained. If you were, that is great.

    Sure. You can explain how i am an sjw and a snowflake for liking the movie. I still have not wrapped my head around this fan theory in how liking a particular movie makes you some soft bleeding heart or whatever these terms are suppose to substitute now.
  • Alex64
    7408 posts Member
    Long live and prosper to this game
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Cane_danko wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    But, further, I see quite a few larger, thought-out responses here. If you disagree with some of these, why not go through it in detail and give a similarly, thought-out rebuttal?

    I figure because i treat people the way they want to be treated. I like the new star wars so i am sjw in love with a mary sue derp duh derp dee derp. Why continue to have the same arguments with people saying the same things for two years who swear by the mob mentality that their perspective is the valid one? I would love to try your more respectable strategy but it is one i found that is not successful. Returning their vitriol with similar negativity is pretty pointless too i will admit but at least there is a certain satisfaction to be had from watching people use it as an opportunity to paint me as whatever justifiable scapegoat they need to validate their opinion.

    TLJ was horribly paced, like AotC was. If the story was engaging, I wouldn't struggle to stay awake for it.

    It doesn't help that both sides military leadership is so inept I think Bombad General Jar Jar would beat both sides.

    This is exactly the kind of comment i have come to expect from the last jedi critics. Interesting yet somewhat petty.

    Petty?

    Should I go into all the anti ega3mgzxqc8x.png
    arguments I laugh at?

    I was not entertained. If you were, that is great.

    Sure. You can explain how i am an sjw and a snowflake for liking the movie. I still have not wrapped my head around this fan theory in how liking a particular movie makes you some soft bleeding heart or whatever these terms are suppose to substitute now.

    I don’t think liking TLJ automatically equals SJW snowflake but, setting aside whether TLJ was actually good or not and any SJW material within the film itself (I didn’t like it personally - full disclosure), there definitely were strong SJW undercurrents and messaging in Lucasfilm’s/Disney’s/et al’s responses to the negative audience ratings post-release. I think this (the post-release messaging) contributed mightily to that generalization and probably did the most damage of all of the Disney era missteps in dividing/demoralizing the overall fan base.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    But, further, I see quite a few larger, thought-out responses here. If you disagree with some of these, why not go through it in detail and give a similarly, thought-out rebuttal?

    I figure because i treat people the way they want to be treated. I like the new star wars so i am sjw in love with a mary sue derp duh derp dee derp. Why continue to have the same arguments with people saying the same things for two years who swear by the mob mentality that their perspective is the valid one? I would love to try your more respectable strategy but it is one i found that is not successful. Returning their vitriol with similar negativity is pretty pointless too i will admit but at least there is a certain satisfaction to be had from watching people use it as an opportunity to paint me as whatever justifiable scapegoat they need to validate their opinion.

    TLJ was horribly paced, like AotC was. If the story was engaging, I wouldn't struggle to stay awake for it.

    It doesn't help that both sides military leadership is so inept I think Bombad General Jar Jar would beat both sides.

    What do you mean by horribly paced? Mind elaborating? While I have many issues with TLJ, the storyline pacing per se wasn’t one that’s come to mind.

    As for AotC and the PT films generally, I still really like them, even with their flaws as films, because of the storylines and expanded universe they brought (except for Jar Jar, after the first two jokes, he should’ve been killed off by the droids - I think we can all agree on that, lol). I can definitely see where they had storyline pacing issues though but I think this was in large part due to the limited time (given the film format - who wants to sit through an eight hour viewing?) available to squeeze in so much detail. I think the Clone Wars series, being more extensive, definitely improved the pacing issues for the PT storyline arc as a whole though.
  • bfloo
    15522 posts Member
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    But, further, I see quite a few larger, thought-out responses here. If you disagree with some of these, why not go through it in detail and give a similarly, thought-out rebuttal?

    I figure because i treat people the way they want to be treated. I like the new star wars so i am sjw in love with a mary sue derp duh derp dee derp. Why continue to have the same arguments with people saying the same things for two years who swear by the mob mentality that their perspective is the valid one? I would love to try your more respectable strategy but it is one i found that is not successful. Returning their vitriol with similar negativity is pretty pointless too i will admit but at least there is a certain satisfaction to be had from watching people use it as an opportunity to paint me as whatever justifiable scapegoat they need to validate their opinion.

    TLJ was horribly paced, like AotC was. If the story was engaging, I wouldn't struggle to stay awake for it.

    It doesn't help that both sides military leadership is so inept I think Bombad General Jar Jar would beat both sides.

    What do you mean by horribly paced? Mind elaborating? While I have many issues with TLJ, the storyline pacing per se wasn’t one that’s come to mind.

    As for AotC and the PT films generally, I still really like them, even with their flaws as films, because of the storylines and expanded universe they brought (except for Jar Jar, after the first two jokes, he should’ve been killed off by the droids - I think we can all agree on that, lol). I can definitely see where they had storyline pacing issues though but I think this was in large part due to the limited time (given the film format - who wants to sit through an eight hour viewing?) available to squeeze in so much detail. I think the Clone Wars series, being more extensive, definitely improved the pacing issues for the PT storyline arc as a whole though.

    It dragged on and on with the dullest chase ever.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • OP don't ever make me chose cause I can't.

    George Lucas wrote star wars while watching star trek. He wanted it to be in the same universe with Genes permission. By the time star wars was being made things at hollywierd said no way thinking star wars would flop. But Gene and George thought the ideal was still cool. So Gene told George how about a different galaxy. Hence we have " a long time ago in a galaxy far far away... ".

    I forgot where I read that back in 1980 something in a magazine, but it stuck on my young mind. So I refuse to ever choose between star trek and star wars. Gene inspired George and both stories are great to me. Just one is in the future in our location of the milky way why the other is in another galaxy that just so happen in the past where their ships and Tech is old and broken their worlds destroyed by Wars on top of wars.

    I'm a big fan of both.

    So may the force be with you and live long and prosper.
  • 58x1vwcy0twd.jpg

    This.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    But, further, I see quite a few larger, thought-out responses here. If you disagree with some of these, why not go through it in detail and give a similarly, thought-out rebuttal?

    I figure because i treat people the way they want to be treated. I like the new star wars so i am sjw in love with a mary sue derp duh derp dee derp. Why continue to have the same arguments with people saying the same things for two years who swear by the mob mentality that their perspective is the valid one? I would love to try your more respectable strategy but it is one i found that is not successful. Returning their vitriol with similar negativity is pretty pointless too i will admit but at least there is a certain satisfaction to be had from watching people use it as an opportunity to paint me as whatever justifiable scapegoat they need to validate their opinion.

    TLJ was horribly paced, like AotC was. If the story was engaging, I wouldn't struggle to stay awake for it.

    It doesn't help that both sides military leadership is so inept I think Bombad General Jar Jar would beat both sides.

    What do you mean by horribly paced? Mind elaborating? While I have many issues with TLJ, the storyline pacing per se wasn’t one that’s come to mind.

    As for AotC and the PT films generally, I still really like them, even with their flaws as films, because of the storylines and expanded universe they brought (except for Jar Jar, after the first two jokes, he should’ve been killed off by the droids - I think we can all agree on that, lol). I can definitely see where they had storyline pacing issues though but I think this was in large part due to the limited time (given the film format - who wants to sit through an eight hour viewing?) available to squeeze in so much detail. I think the Clone Wars series, being more extensive, definitely improved the pacing issues for the PT storyline arc as a whole though.

    It dragged on and on with the dullest chase ever.

    Oh, well, yeah but that’s a plot problem, not a story/narrative pacing problem.
  • Some people like Star Wars

    Some people like Star Trek

    But the truth is

    Gotti (2018) is better than both
    Ponds main

    Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • bfloo
    15522 posts Member
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    Cane_danko wrote: »
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    But, further, I see quite a few larger, thought-out responses here. If you disagree with some of these, why not go through it in detail and give a similarly, thought-out rebuttal?

    I figure because i treat people the way they want to be treated. I like the new star wars so i am sjw in love with a mary sue derp duh derp dee derp. Why continue to have the same arguments with people saying the same things for two years who swear by the mob mentality that their perspective is the valid one? I would love to try your more respectable strategy but it is one i found that is not successful. Returning their vitriol with similar negativity is pretty pointless too i will admit but at least there is a certain satisfaction to be had from watching people use it as an opportunity to paint me as whatever justifiable scapegoat they need to validate their opinion.

    TLJ was horribly paced, like AotC was. If the story was engaging, I wouldn't struggle to stay awake for it.

    It doesn't help that both sides military leadership is so inept I think Bombad General Jar Jar would beat both sides.

    What do you mean by horribly paced? Mind elaborating? While I have many issues with TLJ, the storyline pacing per se wasn’t one that’s come to mind.

    As for AotC and the PT films generally, I still really like them, even with their flaws as films, because of the storylines and expanded universe they brought (except for Jar Jar, after the first two jokes, he should’ve been killed off by the droids - I think we can all agree on that, lol). I can definitely see where they had storyline pacing issues though but I think this was in large part due to the limited time (given the film format - who wants to sit through an eight hour viewing?) available to squeeze in so much detail. I think the Clone Wars series, being more extensive, definitely improved the pacing issues for the PT storyline arc as a whole though.

    It dragged on and on with the dullest chase ever.

    Oh, well, yeah but that’s a plot problem, not a story/narrative pacing problem.

    I was talking the film in general. Some films flow well, tlj did not.

    I had the same issue with AotC, but not TFA.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • DarthJ
    6539 posts Member
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Is this you ranting because people disagree with you about the ST again?

    You actually remind me of everything thats annoying about the world today - disagree with an opinion and the new millenials are offended, and call you one of sexist/racist/inferior if you dont have the same opinion as them.

    Might be best to toughen up a bit.

    I’m a millennial 😢.

    Lol, but yeah, while the OP was definitely over the top with the hyperbole/vitriol, best not to add fuel to the fire, no? It’s an online forum after all, so stuff like this is to be expected generally.

    Not really...OP has to be ready to receive some stick since they are so happy to give it out. Apparently cant take it though.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Is this you ranting because people disagree with you about the ST again?

    You actually remind me of everything thats annoying about the world today - disagree with an opinion and the new millenials are offended, and call you one of sexist/racist/inferior if you dont have the same opinion as them.

    Might be best to toughen up a bit.

    I’m a millennial 😢.

    Lol, but yeah, while the OP was definitely over the top with the hyperbole/vitriol, best not to add fuel to the fire, no? It’s an online forum after all, so stuff like this is to be expected generally.

    Not really...OP has to be ready to receive some stick since they are so happy to give it out. Apparently cant take it though.

    Sorry unlike you i pitch only.
Sign In or Register to comment.