criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

When you trash a well known youtuber...

Finishhimvox
442 posts Member
edited August 13
Who only joined your game after you commented on their slave 1 streak informing them that they do not hold the world record.

Hahahaha you may be a badman on the ground but i own the skies mate.

Replies

• I assume you mean OLDJABBAJABBA he said he couldn’t find a higher killstreak that doesn’t mean that nobody has ever gotten one.
  • Any Youtuber that just plays as heroes in GA and / or CS and thinks they're good ain't actually good lol

I wouldn’t say he’s not good, but all the youtubers who just go for killstreaks are extremely overrated
  • Who only joined your game after you commented on their slave 1 streak informing them that they do not hold the world record.

what is the world record?
  • banner wrote: »
    Who only joined your game after you commented on their slave 1 streak informing them that they do not hold the world record.

only Dice knows, but they wont share it
    3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• I'm just glad someone else is playing starfighter assault
  • thelasteverjedi
    1598 posts Member
    edited August 14
    OLDJABBAJABBA is bad. He joined Aussie server for a few games and got completely smoked. He's only good against the huge number of noobs that can be in a game on the American servers.

it's most likely lag i tells ya.
    if you're used to having 10ms latency and suddenly you have 150-200ms latency you are going to get destroyed playing like you have a 10ms latency.

i know because the only servers that i can find games have a 170-220ms latency to me. i have to do things before they happen - reload before gun empty. roll before getting shot at. shoot before i finish running. and as a hero run before i think i need to. i am usually top 5 in GA and HVV so i am quite average. the moment i do something when i have to i'm dead before my action even registers.

SFA much more lag forgiving. usually top 3.
  • ROMG4
    2984 posts Member

OLDJABBAJABBA is bad. He joined Aussie server for a few games and got completely smoked. He's only good against the huge number of noobs that can be in a game on the American servers.
    giphy.gif

I haven't heard of you guys either lol
    OOM-9 FOR LEGO STAR WARS
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Popular Battlefront Youtubers are usually terrible. Man Phalanges and a few others are good
    My name is Bob

• OLDJABBAJABBA is bad. He joined Aussie server for a few games and got completely smoked. He's only good against the huge number of noobs that can be in a game on the American servers.

if you're used to having 10ms latency and suddenly you have 150-200ms latency you are going to get destroyed playing like you have a 10ms latency.

i know because the only servers that i can find games have a 170-220ms latency to me. i have to do things before they happen - reload before gun empty. roll before getting shot at. shoot before i finish running. and as a hero run before i think i need to. i am usually top 5 in GA and HVV so i am quite average. the moment i do something when i have to i'm dead before my action even registers.

another point is - you have to play with not very good people against a very good team to get massive killstreaks.

if the teams are equal game will end when you get to about 70-80 kills as a hero.

if your team is superior you will be lucky to get to 50 as a hero.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

giphy.gif

If you play SFA on xbox one you will know the name LUCILOVESICK87.
    banner wrote: »

Cant really be sure but ive gotten over 180 kills with slave 1 so its definitely not 103.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »

giphy.gif

This isn't my gamertag. But not all good players start up YouTube accounts. Just like not all good MMA do. But you've only heard of them coz the sport itself is popular, not because they've done self promoting like YouTube.
  • OLDJABBAJABBA is bad. He joined Aussie server for a few games and got completely smoked. He's only good against the huge number of noobs that can be in a game on the American servers.

I've been on the American servers from Australia, and I can tell u they are horrible players over there compared to here. I always got top spot and had over 200ms. In Australia I have 15ms.
  • bfloo wrote: »

I've been on the American servers from Australia, and I can tell u they are horrible players over there compared to here. I always got top spot and had over 200ms. In Australia I have 15ms.

You know that the frostbite physics engine favors the higher pinged player right?

Anyone over 100 ping can be unloaded on, wont die, then turns around and ohk's you.

I've gotten yelled at on Battlefield 1 for being at ~ 80 ping.

Yup, that's why I said oldjabbajabba must suck compared to good Aussie players, or even good players in general. Because even tho I got 1st every single time on US server, he never once got 1st on Aussie when I saw him playing. Always Like 3rd or 4th on his team.
  • bfloo
    16191 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

You know that the frostbite physics engine favors the higher pinged player right?

Anyone over 100 ping can be unloaded on, wont die, then turns around and ohk's you.

Yup, that's why I said oldjabbajabba must suck compared to good Aussie players, or even good players in general. Because even tho I got 1st every single time on US server, he never once got 1st on Aussie when I saw him playing. Always Like 3rd or 4th on his team.

the youtubers aren't that good anyway. They can kill farm. Yay!
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

the youtubers aren't that good anyway. They can kill farm. Yay!

Haha yeah. That's been my point the whole time haha
  • Oh i am in no way saying that youtubers are good. Especially not at SFA.

I just thought it was funny that he was arrogant enough to see my youtube comments and decide to crash me. I was in stitches every time i killed him.
  • Oh i am in no way saying that youtubers are good. Especially not at SFA.

I just thought it was funny that he was arrogant enough to see my youtube comments and decide to crash me. I was in stitches every time i killed him.

Yeah I know. I just saw OLDJABBA name and thought I'd mention he's not actually that good. At least not for the australian server.
  • Aussie server is by far the most competitive. It's because it's currently the smallest server by population size and all of the regular players all know each other and constantly get in the same games and there's either a lot of commradery or a lot of hate between the top players. But either way those 2 things promote a lot of competition between us all. Either you want to beat someone coz you dislike them or you are friends and still always try and outdo each other. Also grouping with friends and killing groups you hate haha.
  • thelasteverjedi
    1598 posts Member
    edited August 15

That cannot be further from the truth. At least not in my experience.

I roll behind cover successfully and die. I see enemy I press button and nothing happens for 1s and then they start shooting me and I die. I kill them and then I die and they live. I press an ability and I die.

I take 2 shots and I'm dead (because by the time I see the first shot he's already fired 9).
    These happen over and over and over. It's all the 200ms latency. Yeah it does wonders to your gameplay.

I invite ya'll to play in Aussie server and if anyone survives then I'll believe this statement.
    Post edited by thelasteverjedi on
  • Kamykatz
    252 posts Member
    edited August 15

This is exactly my experience playing with a ping of 19 ms. I always seem to get the short end of the stick when encountering high pingers or out-of-region players. I also had the same experience when playing Battlefield 1 back in the day.

It's getting worse with every update. Playing now is a markedly different experience than it was, say, a year ago (or at launch). It seems to me that Frostbite games have this tendency to deteriorate with every patch. This was the case with Battlefield 1 and the same is happening with Battlefront 2.

The only solution would be a ping cap, a server browser, or even better, servers in each region. As it stands, many players have no other choice than to be high-pingers on some out-of-region servers.

• this thing about ping and the game engine might explain why I run into players that will one shot me with just about any gun among some other issues.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Aussie server is by far the most competitive. It's because it's currently the smallest server by population size and all of the regular players all know each other and constantly get in the same games and there's either a lot of commradery or a lot of hate between the top players. But either way those 2 things promote a lot of competition between us all. Either you want to beat someone coz you dislike them or you are friends and still always try and outdo each other. Also grouping with friends and killing groups you hate haha.

sounds fun maybe I should give the server a try though I dread the lag even if what some people say here is true about it actually favoring me.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Kamykatz
    252 posts Member
    edited August 15
    This is all just speculation, of course, but perhaps there is a goldilocks zone for high pings which grants them the described "advantages" over low-pingers.

I don't doubt thelasteverjedi's experiences. 200 ms is a high latency. Perhaps the "zone" is somewhere between 80 and 150 ms? Anyway, at 19 ms I see similar effects to what they describe.

However, since we're left blind in Battlefront 2 regarding other players' pings, it's hard to say anything for certain.
  • unit900000 wrote: »
    Aussie server is by far the most competitive. It's because it's currently the smallest server by population size and all of the regular players all know each other and constantly get in the same games and there's either a lot of commradery or a lot of hate between the top players. But either way those 2 things promote a lot of competition between us all. Either you want to beat someone coz you dislike them or you are friends and still always try and outdo each other. Also grouping with friends and killing groups you hate haha.

sounds fun maybe I should give the server a try though I dread the lag even if what some people say here is true about it actually favoring me.

Yeah it's fun. Used to be a lot better when games went all day instead of pretty much just night time now
  • Oh that guy.

If you interrupt his killstreak he usually just quits the match.
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    This forum is a weird place.

One of the reasons we love it. Good to see you again