criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Dice you literally JUST updated the game for this....

2Next

Replies

  • Disboy
    178 posts Member
    edited August 16
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    OcDoc wrote: »
    That was an AT-RT that got taken out right next to you, right?

    Maybe it was the combo of the rocket, a few shots and some damage from the AT-RT going down. If you were at full health I wouldn’t even suggest the possibility but you were at around 400.

    @OcDoc that’s a good thought and that hadn’t crossed my mind. Given the fact that the missile is what the game said killed me I don’t think that’s it but that opens my eyes to a new perspective.

    @Disboy I’m a contractor I work under the White House Military Office for the USMC that’s all I will be sharing

    Okay. Whichever job it is I’m sure it’s not as difficult as coding a video game, unless they contract you for a Software Engineer role (that field is intense). I understand you’re mad but the update was less than a Gigabyte, so what did you expect? Also referring to their 2 year work as “bad” without any knowledge of the field is like me saying you’re “bad” at your job when I know nothing about it. Facts>Opinions and until you present the facts (coding analysis) not just “they haven’t fixed bugs in 2 years” you don’t really have much to complain about.

    Yes, this was what I was anticipating you would say, and yes it is invalid. Again, you do not have to be a chef to be qualified to say the food tastes like crap.

    White knight indeed.

    Then what is valid? I’m saying opinions are nothing more than cheap talk.

    Really? Sounds to me like you're saying you have to be a game developer to criticize game developers, which is not how the world works. You know that saying "perception is reality"? Well the general perception is that this game has more unfixed/recurring bugs than any other AAA title in history.

    People who pay money for the game earn the right to be critical, even if you think it's just "cheap talk".

    You can be critical all you want, however the validity of your critique is very meaningless, unless you have something to back it up. Hence why opinions are just “cheap talk” unless you are also an expert in the field.
    Coming back to my first comment: I only called out the OP bc he called out the devs and I wanted to see if he had the qualifications to actually condemn them. For some reason people think just because you have a voice it’s reason is justified...

    Everything you just said is wrong.

    Says I’m wrong but won’t elaborate on why.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    OcDoc wrote: »
    That was an AT-RT that got taken out right next to you, right?

    Maybe it was the combo of the rocket, a few shots and some damage from the AT-RT going down. If you were at full health I wouldn’t even suggest the possibility but you were at around 400.

    @OcDoc that’s a good thought and that hadn’t crossed my mind. Given the fact that the missile is what the game said killed me I don’t think that’s it but that opens my eyes to a new perspective.

    @Disboy I’m a contractor I work under the White House Military Office for the USMC that’s all I will be sharing

    Okay. Whichever job it is I’m sure it’s not as difficult as coding a video game, unless they contract you for a Software Engineer role (that field is intense). I understand you’re mad but the update was less than a Gigabyte, so what did you expect? Also referring to their 2 year work as “bad” without any knowledge of the field is like me saying you’re “bad” at your job when I know nothing about it. Facts>Opinions and until you present the facts (coding analysis) not just “they haven’t fixed bugs in 2 years” you don’t really have much to complain about.

    Yes, this was what I was anticipating you would say, and yes it is invalid. Again, you do not have to be a chef to be qualified to say the food tastes like crap.

    White knight indeed.

    Then what is valid? I’m saying opinions are nothing more than cheap talk.

    Really? Sounds to me like you're saying you have to be a game developer to criticize game developers, which is not how the world works. You know that saying "perception is reality"? Well the general perception is that this game has more unfixed/recurring bugs than any other AAA title in history.

    People who pay money for the game earn the right to be critical, even if you think it's just "cheap talk".

    You can be critical all you want, however the validity of your critique is very meaningless, unless you have something to back it up. Hence why opinions are just “cheap talk” unless you are also an expert in the field.
    Coming back to my first comment: I only called out the OP bc he called out the devs and I wanted to see if he had the qualifications to actually condemn them. For some reason people think just because you have a voice it’s reason is justified...

    Everything you just said is wrong.

    Says I’m wrong but won’t elaborate on why.

    I've explained it to you more than once now. If you don't understand the chef analogy, which is simple as I can make it, I don't know what else to tell you.

    If the game is buggy, the end user doesn't need to be a programmer to criticize that fact.

    I’m not arguing whether he CAN criticize, I’m arguing that it’s not VALID unless he knows how to program himself and also is a better programmer as well.

    It’s like having a fan at a Warriors game tell Steph Curry he sucks. That fan CAN criticize Steph, but it doesn’t make it VALID.

    You need credibility to back your words, if not, then your word means nothing.
  • Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    OcDoc wrote: »
    That was an AT-RT that got taken out right next to you, right?

    Maybe it was the combo of the rocket, a few shots and some damage from the AT-RT going down. If you were at full health I wouldn’t even suggest the possibility but you were at around 400.

    @OcDoc that’s a good thought and that hadn’t crossed my mind. Given the fact that the missile is what the game said killed me I don’t think that’s it but that opens my eyes to a new perspective.

    @Disboy I’m a contractor I work under the White House Military Office for the USMC that’s all I will be sharing

    Okay. Whichever job it is I’m sure it’s not as difficult as coding a video game, unless they contract you for a Software Engineer role (that field is intense). I understand you’re mad but the update was less than a Gigabyte, so what did you expect? Also referring to their 2 year work as “bad” without any knowledge of the field is like me saying you’re “bad” at your job when I know nothing about it. Facts>Opinions and until you present the facts (coding analysis) not just “they haven’t fixed bugs in 2 years” you don’t really have much to complain about.

    Yes, this was what I was anticipating you would say, and yes it is invalid. Again, you do not have to be a chef to be qualified to say the food tastes like crap.

    White knight indeed.

    Then what is valid? I’m saying opinions are nothing more than cheap talk.

    Really? Sounds to me like you're saying you have to be a game developer to criticize game developers, which is not how the world works. You know that saying "perception is reality"? Well the general perception is that this game has more unfixed/recurring bugs than any other AAA title in history.

    People who pay money for the game earn the right to be critical, even if you think it's just "cheap talk".

    You can be critical all you want, however the validity of your critique is very meaningless, unless you have something to back it up. Hence why opinions are just “cheap talk” unless you are also an expert in the field.
    Coming back to my first comment: I only called out the OP bc he called out the devs and I wanted to see if he had the qualifications to actually condemn them. For some reason people think just because you have a voice it’s reason is justified...

    Everything you just said is wrong.

    Says I’m wrong but won’t elaborate on why.

    I've explained it to you more than once now. If you don't understand the chef analogy, which is simple as I can make it, I don't know what else to tell you.

    If the game is buggy, the end user doesn't need to be a programmer to criticize that fact.

    You’re arguing that he has a right to criticize, I agree that everyone has a right to their own opinion. However I don’t agree that everyone’s opinion is valid. The OP can say the devs are a joke, but unless he himself can program better than them, it’s nothing more than cheap talk.
  • Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    OcDoc wrote: »
    That was an AT-RT that got taken out right next to you, right?

    Maybe it was the combo of the rocket, a few shots and some damage from the AT-RT going down. If you were at full health I wouldn’t even suggest the possibility but you were at around 400.

    @OcDoc that’s a good thought and that hadn’t crossed my mind. Given the fact that the missile is what the game said killed me I don’t think that’s it but that opens my eyes to a new perspective.

    @Disboy I’m a contractor I work under the White House Military Office for the USMC that’s all I will be sharing

    Okay. Whichever job it is I’m sure it’s not as difficult as coding a video game, unless they contract you for a Software Engineer role (that field is intense). I understand you’re mad but the update was less than a Gigabyte, so what did you expect? Also referring to their 2 year work as “bad” without any knowledge of the field is like me saying you’re “bad” at your job when I know nothing about it. Facts>Opinions and until you present the facts (coding analysis) not just “they haven’t fixed bugs in 2 years” you don’t really have much to complain about.

    Yes, this was what I was anticipating you would say, and yes it is invalid. Again, you do not have to be a chef to be qualified to say the food tastes like crap.

    White knight indeed.

    Then what is valid? I’m saying opinions are nothing more than cheap talk.

    Really? Sounds to me like you're saying you have to be a game developer to criticize game developers, which is not how the world works. You know that saying "perception is reality"? Well the general perception is that this game has more unfixed/recurring bugs than any other AAA title in history.

    People who pay money for the game earn the right to be critical, even if you think it's just "cheap talk".

    You can be critical all you want, however the validity of your critique is very meaningless, unless you have something to back it up. Hence why opinions are just “cheap talk” unless you are also an expert in the field.
    Coming back to my first comment: I only called out the OP bc he called out the devs and I wanted to see if he had the qualifications to actually condemn them. For some reason people think just because you have a voice it’s reason is justified...

    Everything you just said is wrong.

    Says I’m wrong but won’t elaborate on why.

    I've explained it to you more than once now. If you don't understand the chef analogy, which is simple as I can make it, I don't know what else to tell you.

    If the game is buggy, the end user doesn't need to be a programmer to criticize that fact.

    You’re arguing that he has a right to criticize, I agree that everyone has a right to their own opinion. However I don’t agree that everyone’s opinion is valid. The OP can say the devs are a joke, but unless he himself can program better than them, it’s nothing more than cheap talk.

    Oh ok, fair enough, but its seems clear to me that the "joke" thing is simply hyperbole, which translates to "have continued to make many mistakes, not all of which have been corrected, that have hampered my enjoyment of the game". This would be a true statement. He does not need to be able to program to make such an assertion. He's obviously aware that they do indeed know how to program, even if his evaluation of the end result of their work product has resulted in an expression of disapproval.

    Inarticulate/summarized expression of disapproval, yes. Cheap talk? Not really. It would only be cheap talk if he were to say "I could do a better job than them".
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

    Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Disboy
    178 posts Member
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    OcDoc wrote: »
    That was an AT-RT that got taken out right next to you, right?

    Maybe it was the combo of the rocket, a few shots and some damage from the AT-RT going down. If you were at full health I wouldn’t even suggest the possibility but you were at around 400.

    @OcDoc that’s a good thought and that hadn’t crossed my mind. Given the fact that the missile is what the game said killed me I don’t think that’s it but that opens my eyes to a new perspective.

    @Disboy I’m a contractor I work under the White House Military Office for the USMC that’s all I will be sharing

    Okay. Whichever job it is I’m sure it’s not as difficult as coding a video game, unless they contract you for a Software Engineer role (that field is intense). I understand you’re mad but the update was less than a Gigabyte, so what did you expect? Also referring to their 2 year work as “bad” without any knowledge of the field is like me saying you’re “bad” at your job when I know nothing about it. Facts>Opinions and until you present the facts (coding analysis) not just “they haven’t fixed bugs in 2 years” you don’t really have much to complain about.

    Yes, this was what I was anticipating you would say, and yes it is invalid. Again, you do not have to be a chef to be qualified to say the food tastes like crap.

    White knight indeed.

    Then what is valid? I’m saying opinions are nothing more than cheap talk.

    Really? Sounds to me like you're saying you have to be a game developer to criticize game developers, which is not how the world works. You know that saying "perception is reality"? Well the general perception is that this game has more unfixed/recurring bugs than any other AAA title in history.

    People who pay money for the game earn the right to be critical, even if you think it's just "cheap talk".

    You can be critical all you want, however the validity of your critique is very meaningless, unless you have something to back it up. Hence why opinions are just “cheap talk” unless you are also an expert in the field.
    Coming back to my first comment: I only called out the OP bc he called out the devs and I wanted to see if he had the qualifications to actually condemn them. For some reason people think just because you have a voice it’s reason is justified...

    Everything you just said is wrong.

    Says I’m wrong but won’t elaborate on why.

    I've explained it to you more than once now. If you don't understand the chef analogy, which is simple as I can make it, I don't know what else to tell you.

    If the game is buggy, the end user doesn't need to be a programmer to criticize that fact.

    You’re arguing that he has a right to criticize, I agree that everyone has a right to their own opinion. However I don’t agree that everyone’s opinion is valid. The OP can say the devs are a joke, but unless he himself can program better than them, it’s nothing more than cheap talk.

    Oh ok, fair enough, but its seems clear to me that the "joke" thing is simply hyperbole, which translates to "have continued to make many mistakes, not all of which have been corrected, that have hampered my enjoyment of the game". This would be a true statement. He does not need to be able to program to make such an assertion. He's obviously aware that they do indeed know how to program, even if his evaluation of the end result of their work product has resulted in an expression of disapproval.

    Inarticulate/summarized expression of disapproval, yes. Cheap talk? Not really. It would only be cheap talk if he were to say "I could do a better job than them".

    “I would be so embarrassed if I was them...” IMO is synonymous to “I could do better than them...” but nonetheless he was just ranting to hate with no fix in mind. In my book you should at least hold your own if you’re gonna criticize others. This thread is only alive bc of 2 people as well so I’m gonna stop.
  • bfloo
    15713 posts Member
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    OcDoc wrote: »
    That was an AT-RT that got taken out right next to you, right?

    Maybe it was the combo of the rocket, a few shots and some damage from the AT-RT going down. If you were at full health I wouldn’t even suggest the possibility but you were at around 400.

    @OcDoc that’s a good thought and that hadn’t crossed my mind. Given the fact that the missile is what the game said killed me I don’t think that’s it but that opens my eyes to a new perspective.

    @Disboy I’m a contractor I work under the White House Military Office for the USMC that’s all I will be sharing

    Okay. Whichever job it is I’m sure it’s not as difficult as coding a video game, unless they contract you for a Software Engineer role (that field is intense). I understand you’re mad but the update was less than a Gigabyte, so what did you expect? Also referring to their 2 year work as “bad” without any knowledge of the field is like me saying you’re “bad” at your job when I know nothing about it. Facts>Opinions and until you present the facts (coding analysis) not just “they haven’t fixed bugs in 2 years” you don’t really have much to complain about.

    Yes, this was what I was anticipating you would say, and yes it is invalid. Again, you do not have to be a chef to be qualified to say the food tastes like crap.

    White knight indeed.

    Then what is valid? I’m saying opinions are nothing more than cheap talk.

    Really? Sounds to me like you're saying you have to be a game developer to criticize game developers, which is not how the world works. You know that saying "perception is reality"? Well the general perception is that this game has more unfixed/recurring bugs than any other AAA title in history.

    People who pay money for the game earn the right to be critical, even if you think it's just "cheap talk".

    You can be critical all you want, however the validity of your critique is very meaningless, unless you have something to back it up. Hence why opinions are just “cheap talk” unless you are also an expert in the field.
    Coming back to my first comment: I only called out the OP bc he called out the devs and I wanted to see if he had the qualifications to actually condemn them. For some reason people think just because you have a voice it’s reason is justified...

    Everything you just said is wrong.

    Says I’m wrong but won’t elaborate on why.

    I've explained it to you more than once now. If you don't understand the chef analogy, which is simple as I can make it, I don't know what else to tell you.

    If the game is buggy, the end user doesn't need to be a programmer to criticize that fact.

    You’re arguing that he has a right to criticize, I agree that everyone has a right to their own opinion. However I don’t agree that everyone’s opinion is valid. The OP can say the devs are a joke, but unless he himself can program better than them, it’s nothing more than cheap talk.

    Oh ok, fair enough, but its seems clear to me that the "joke" thing is simply hyperbole, which translates to "have continued to make many mistakes, not all of which have been corrected, that have hampered my enjoyment of the game". This would be a true statement. He does not need to be able to program to make such an assertion. He's obviously aware that they do indeed know how to program, even if his evaluation of the end result of their work product has resulted in an expression of disapproval.

    Inarticulate/summarized expression of disapproval, yes. Cheap talk? Not really. It would only be cheap talk if he were to say "I could do a better job than them".

    “I would be so embarrassed if I was them...” IMO is synonymous to “I could do better than them...” but nonetheless he was just ranting to hate with no fix in mind. In my book you should at least hold your own if you’re gonna criticize others. This thread is only alive bc of 2 people as well so I’m gonna stop.

    This thread is just hero players complaining about legit deaths.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • OcDoc
    1827 posts Member
    I get where they are coming from. When that kind of thing happens, it really seems like you got one shot killed. It only shows you the last thing that hit and killed you so it is easy to come to the wrong conclusion.
  • Its very clear that AT-STs were just mini prototypes for the Death Star.
    Open your eyes...
    ekn97qol2xso.gif

  • Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    Billkwando wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    OcDoc wrote: »
    That was an AT-RT that got taken out right next to you, right?

    Maybe it was the combo of the rocket, a few shots and some damage from the AT-RT going down. If you were at full health I wouldn’t even suggest the possibility but you were at around 400.

    @OcDoc that’s a good thought and that hadn’t crossed my mind. Given the fact that the missile is what the game said killed me I don’t think that’s it but that opens my eyes to a new perspective.

    @Disboy I’m a contractor I work under the White House Military Office for the USMC that’s all I will be sharing

    Okay. Whichever job it is I’m sure it’s not as difficult as coding a video game, unless they contract you for a Software Engineer role (that field is intense). I understand you’re mad but the update was less than a Gigabyte, so what did you expect? Also referring to their 2 year work as “bad” without any knowledge of the field is like me saying you’re “bad” at your job when I know nothing about it. Facts>Opinions and until you present the facts (coding analysis) not just “they haven’t fixed bugs in 2 years” you don’t really have much to complain about.

    Yes, this was what I was anticipating you would say, and yes it is invalid. Again, you do not have to be a chef to be qualified to say the food tastes like crap.

    White knight indeed.

    Then what is valid? I’m saying opinions are nothing more than cheap talk.

    Really? Sounds to me like you're saying you have to be a game developer to criticize game developers, which is not how the world works. You know that saying "perception is reality"? Well the general perception is that this game has more unfixed/recurring bugs than any other AAA title in history.

    People who pay money for the game earn the right to be critical, even if you think it's just "cheap talk".

    You can be critical all you want, however the validity of your critique is very meaningless, unless you have something to back it up. Hence why opinions are just “cheap talk” unless you are also an expert in the field.
    Coming back to my first comment: I only called out the OP bc he called out the devs and I wanted to see if he had the qualifications to actually condemn them. For some reason people think just because you have a voice it’s reason is justified...

    Everything you just said is wrong.

    Says I’m wrong but won’t elaborate on why.

    I've explained it to you more than once now. If you don't understand the chef analogy, which is simple as I can make it, I don't know what else to tell you.

    If the game is buggy, the end user doesn't need to be a programmer to criticize that fact.

    You’re arguing that he has a right to criticize, I agree that everyone has a right to their own opinion. However I don’t agree that everyone’s opinion is valid. The OP can say the devs are a joke, but unless he himself can program better than them, it’s nothing more than cheap talk.

    Oh ok, fair enough, but its seems clear to me that the "joke" thing is simply hyperbole, which translates to "have continued to make many mistakes, not all of which have been corrected, that have hampered my enjoyment of the game". This would be a true statement. He does not need to be able to program to make such an assertion. He's obviously aware that they do indeed know how to program, even if his evaluation of the end result of their work product has resulted in an expression of disapproval.

    Inarticulate/summarized expression of disapproval, yes. Cheap talk? Not really. It would only be cheap talk if he were to say "I could do a better job than them".

    “I would be so embarrassed if I was them...” IMO is synonymous to “I could do better than them...” but nonetheless he was just ranting to hate with no fix in mind. In my book you should at least hold your own if you’re gonna criticize others. This thread is only alive bc of 2 people as well so I’m gonna stop.

    that's not true at all. they are the ones with a job title of coder. and they are doing a poor job. if I was a coder on battlefront 2, I would be embarrassed to admit it because of how horrible the mechanics are. graphics are great, but that doesn't make the game playable.
  • imagine that.....


  • UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    Disboy wrote: »
    UhOhItsJus wrote: »



    I would be so embarrassed to tell my family and friends that I was a game coder for Battlefront 2 *facepalm*

    Out of curiosity what is your job since you’re trashing the devs?

    @Disboy Government contractor for the United States Marine Corps. Can’t get into the specifics tho

    You only sell to the Marine Corps?
  • Why do people believe that heroes should survive a direct hit by a missile? Of course it should kill you in one hit
  • It looked to me like it targeted the small walker behind him and got in the path. I use ion torpedoes a lot and get infantry kills if they step in its path.
  • Why do people believe that heroes should survive a direct hit by a missile? Of course it should kill you in one hit

    An “anti vehicle” weapon from a unit that only costs 800 points. Let that sink in your dense head.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!