criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Herofront ll is boring and there's barely any motivation to keep playing It.

Prev134
David1543
391 posts Member
edited August 14
Battlefield is miles better than this game, I can be engaged in exciting matches over and over for many hours and weeks in titles that came years ago, but after 2 or 3 games of GA/CS I already feel like vomiting. And do you know why? Its not even the lack of fresh content being added at a very low rate, but the gameplay Itself sucks. Limiting heroes to 1 per faction would transform this game so radically that It could turn into one of the best games of all time overnight.

Heroes in groups of fours and twos is an failure of an idea worse than cross era Itself! It causes unbalance and the experience of 36 players in the lobby to be miserable. In games like battlefield being a trooper is more than being cannon fodder or merely going to a boring process to accumulate enough BP to magically transform into a special unit in less than 5 minutes. Being a trooper in this game should encourage team work, It should make you feel like you matter to the outcome of the match, and It should be fun enough to not even make you want stop playing as one, but in this game we are forced to hate It because of how Its being handled, and ultimately we are incapable of enjoying the game unless we're a hero or reinforcement.

You may ask what does battlefield have to do with this game? To quote master Yoda's wise words "EVERYTHING".

Battlefront was born from battlefield, once upon a time they were infantry centric games and Its thanks to Pandemic's franchise you have your beloved Herofront today that EA vandalized and destroyed.

As you can see devs noone is happy with your game except a few loud minority, the majority of people want a dramatic chage in how the hero system works, this would automatically improve the game to be miles better than Its current state without having to add any content. These threads will never stop coming until something is done, because I bought a game called Battlefront, so make It play the way Its called.
Post edited by David1543 on

Replies

• David1543 wrote: »
    Defbored wrote: »
    David1543 wrote: »

As you can see devs noone is happy with your game except a few loud minority, .

i really don't like when people say this. the community was polled after HU and the poll showed a large majority in favor of heroes in GA. the fact that numerically more people have been shown to enjoy heroes shows that they are not the minority but the majority.

you are the loud minority. get over it.

This. 1000%. Im happy with the game. I like heroes in GA. This game sucks so bad you felt the need to visit its forums and post about it huh? Sounds like a classic case of Git Gud🤷‍♂️

If I play games like battlefield Im pretty sure I have no problems with this arcady game, what is considered an good player here is but an object of ridicule when finding himself in a battlefield server. Maybe you could learn a thing or two. The only real problem is that this game does not use real skill to measure who finishes at a top spot. Its all about quick officer buffs and becoming a hero who can easily dominate and get huge killstreaks completely oblivious to the objective. No good player can just deal with the hero spam fest that this game is when heroes are so easily accessible and can be reused over and over by a player who mastered a hero. In your own words, you enjoy It the way It is, so Im guessing you solely rely on them and suck at infantry, who needs to get good again?

You do
  • jku7iz15qljr.jpg
    5char
  • What region of server do you play on OP?
  • For me it's the opposite, Battlefield 5 bores me pretty fast while Battlefront 2 is still a lot of fun to play.
  • Oidmetala wrote: »
    For me it's the opposite, Battlefield 5 bores me pretty fast while Battlefront 2 is still a lot of fun to play.

If thats the only battlefield game youve played then you shouldnt speak about battlefield at all.

i really don't like when people say this. the community was polled after HU and the poll showed a large majority in favor of heroes in GA. the fact that numerically more people have been shown to enjoy heroes shows that they are not the minority but the majority.

This. 1000%. Im happy with the game. I like heroes in GA. This game sucks so bad you felt the need to visit its forums and post about it huh? Sounds like a classic case of Git Gud🤷‍♂️

If I play games like battlefield Im pretty sure I have no problems with this arcady game, what is considered an good player here is but an object of ridicule when finding himself in a battlefield server. Maybe you could learn a thing or two. The only real problem is that this game does not use real skill to measure who finishes at a top spot. Its all about quick officer buffs and becoming a hero who can easily dominate and get huge killstreaks completely oblivious to the objective. No good player can just deal with the hero spam fest that this game is when heroes are so easily accessible and can be reused over and over by a player who mastered a hero. In your own words, you enjoy It the way It is, so Im guessing you solely rely on them and suck at infantry, who needs to get good again?

I've seen people in battlefield sitting in one spot the whole game sniping and getting top kills, or flying around in a plane or driving a tank and getting top spot. It's also a slower paced game when it comes to running into the enemies and the longer respawn timers. The actual gun fights can be a lot quicker though coz of the TTK in battlefield, but I'd hardly say it takes much more skill to be a good player in that game compared to this one. Speaking purely from an infantry point of view and not about heroes.

All of these examples are legit and require more skill than heroes by a margin. The difference is that infantry skill in that game actually counts for something.

I've seen people in battlefield sitting in one spot the whole game sniping and getting top kills, or flying around in a plane or driving a tank and getting top spot. It's also a slower paced game when it comes to running into the enemies and the longer respawn timers. The actual gun fights can be a lot quicker though coz of the TTK in battlefield, but I'd hardly say it takes much more skill to be a good player in that game compared to this one. Speaking purely from an infantry point of view and not about heroes.

All of these examples are legit and require more skill than heroes by a margin. The difference is that infantry skill in that game actually counts for something.

What server do u play on for bf2?
    I don’t buy a Star Wars games to spend the whole time playing as generic clone trooper A or generic stormtrooper B. I like playing as heroes. I wouldn’t play Galactic Assault or Capital Supremacy if I thought I had no chance of playing as hero. Although, sometimes I don’t get the opportunity to play as a hero and I can still finish top or close to top on the scoreboard. You can make a major contribution without a hero.

It’s a Star Wars game. The main focus should always be on the major Star Wars characters.

And I wouldn’t say the majority of players want a major change. The majority of players are casual gamers that don’t have any strong opinions.

Trust me, the OP will NEVER understand any of what you just said and will continue to bang the drum of no or limited heroes until he stops playing the game or is banned from forums again. He just doesn't stop. Take a look at almost all of the threads he's made haha

You bet I will, thread after thread 24/7 count me in. I will never understand the mentality of these people who bought a battlefront game and want It to have emphasis on heroes. Its like wanting a golf game to have laser swords. This game needs to be disintoxicate from the devs horrible decisions.

Are you going to say what server you play on so maybe some of us can at least see how good you are with infantry. Since you're claiming to enjoy trooper play so much, you must be good and not ashamed to tell us
    I don’t buy a Star Wars games to spend the whole time playing as generic clone trooper A or generic stormtrooper B. I like playing as heroes. I wouldn’t play Galactic Assault or Capital Supremacy if I thought I had no chance of playing as hero. Although, sometimes I don’t get the opportunity to play as a hero and I can still finish top or close to top on the scoreboard. You can make a major contribution without a hero.

It’s a Star Wars game. The main focus should always be on the major Star Wars characters.

And I wouldn’t say the majority of players want a major change. The majority of players are casual gamers that don’t have any strong opinions.

Trust me, the OP will NEVER understand any of what you just said and will continue to bang the drum of no or limited heroes until he stops playing the game or is banned from forums again. He just doesn't stop. Take a look at almost all of the threads he's made haha

You bet I will, thread after thread 24/7 count me in. I will never understand the mentality of these people who bought a battlefront game and want It to have emphasis on heroes. Its like wanting a golf game to have laser swords. This game needs to be disintoxicate from the devs horrible decisions.

Are you going to say what server you play on so maybe some of us can at least see how good you are with infantry. Since you're claiming to enjoy trooper play so much, you must be good and not ashamed to tell us

US even though Im not american.
  • Oidmetala
    247 posts Member
    edited August 14
    Oidmetala wrote: »
    For me it's the opposite, Battlefield 5 bores me pretty fast while Battlefront 2 is still a lot of fun to play.

If thats the only battlefield game youve played then you shouldnt speak about battlefield at all.

Well i played battlefield 1942, battlefield vietnman, battlefield 2, battlefield bad company 2, battlefield 3, battlefield 4, battlefield 1 and battlefield 5...
    Don't worry it's just my personal opinion, i don't say that battlefield games are bad games.
  • JackTHorn wrote: »
    The "majority of people who want the hero system changed" is the actual loud minority here. Sorry, but the way the game is now is almost perfect and doesn't need changes.
    Don't like it? Don't play it.

Everything I've seen, it's about 50/50. Which, considering that most of the Trooper-oriented players gave up and vanished a year ago, really indicates that the herolords were the minority until they got catered to so much that everyone else mostly stopped playing.

This is accurate.
    I know of infantry players from bf15 who were on the servers when this game released, but they disappeared shortly after. One day bf17’s server crashed and we booted 15 back up. And guess what? All those familiar players were there playing bf15.
    I can only imagine how many more have left by now, both the game and the forum, be it voluntarily or involuntarily.

The game is repetitive, maps look great but have a meh design regarding chokepoints and the game offers a rather terrible experience for true infantry players- with nerfs being the only form of attention they’ve received in almost two years.

It’s funny when Heromains explain to us how great the game is for infantry, while with the next update to the heroes infantry gameplay will hit an all time low.

Dice could have easily avoided all of this by giving us an ADDITIONAL all infantry mode, as we should’ve had one from the get go = No changes for any other modes required.

They are 100% aware we want this, but just like the threads for SFA, Extraction maps or weapons this is a topic that’s traditionally ignored by Dice.

Just because some people are coincidentally in the group of players who get almost all attention, while other players (paying customers) are downright ignored surely isn’t an indicator for the game being almost perfect.

The name “Battlefront” means different things for different people, so players bought this game for different reasons, and when it’s Dice not keeping “their end of the bargain” as with the new weapons we’re supposed to move on.

Don’t get mistaken why there’s less and less support for trooper content on the forum- and the legitimacy of asking for it has nothing to do with it.

• Compo
    120 posts Member
    I agree!
    But...
    Battlefield is miles better than this game, I can be engaged in exciting matches over and over for many hours and weeks in titles that came years ago

Battlefield is dying mate. Its basically been made casualfield, since Battlefield1. Ironically battlefield went down hill (imo) since the relaunch of the battlefront games...in which both have been designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
    Dice are now making games for the masses (understandable), and not for serious gamers.

Just enjoy them for what they are, sadly they will never be what they once was, which were skill based, with high skill ceiling.

I play this for the **** n giggles, but i normally get frustrated with it too, basically most adults play this game drunk, right? lol

I play battlefield 3/4 for my competitive gameplay itch.

Battlefield is miles better than this game, I can be engaged in exciting matches over and over for many hours and weeks in titles that came years ago, but after 2 or 3 games of GA/CS I already feel like vomiting. And do you know why? Its not even the lack of fresh content being added at a very low rate, but the gameplay Itself sucks. Limiting heroes to 1 per faction would transform this game so radically that It could turn into one of the best games of all time overnight.

Heroes in groups of fours and twos is an failure of an idea worse than cross era Itself! It causes unbalance and the experience of 36 players in the lobby to be miserable. In games like battlefield being a trooper is more than being cannon fodder or merely going to a boring process to accumulate enough BP to magically transform into a special unit in less than 5 minutes. Being a trooper in this game should encourage team work, It should make you feel like you matter to the outcome of the match, and It should be fun enough to not even make you want stop playing as one, but in this game we are forced to hate It because of how Its being handled, and ultimately we are incapable of enjoying the game unless we're a hero or reinforcement.

You may ask what does battlefield have to do with this game? To quote master Yoda's wise words "EVERYTHING".

Battlefront was born from battlefield, once upon a time they were infantry centric games and Its thanks to Pandemic's franchise you have your beloved Herofront today that EA vandalized and destroyed.

As you can see devs noone is happy with your game except a few loud minority, the majority of people want a dramatic chage in how the hero system works, this would automatically improve the game to be miles better than Its current state without having to add any content. These threads will never stop coming until something is done, because I bought a game called Battlefront, so make It play the way Its called.

I would suggest to do what I have done and take a break from it. I have about an hour's play time in the last month or so. Don't like it, don't play.
    I'm waiting to see if anything engaging comes up in August.
  • skincarver wrote: »

The name “Battlefront” means different things for different people, so players bought this game for different reasons

Yes.

People forget the fact that the game isn't called Herofront and certainly not Trooperfront either. When I watch the movies and the series (i.e. The Clone Wars), who do I see at the battlefront? Troopers and heroes. Look at the Battle of Geonosis: not one, not two but dozens of heroes (Jedi) even.

Looking at the main screen of Battlefront 2, who do I see? Rey, Iden and Maul. No troopers. DICE hasn't made a secret out of the fact that this installment of the franchise will be more hero-oriented. This was their decision. It is the gamer's decision to buy it.

Coming back to the initial point: Yes, ideally DICE would cater equally to all factions, so to speak. I'm all for trooper gameplay, but playing heroes is equally viable. They're in the game, it's the world of Star Wars. Neither is inherently better than the other.

Being entitled about what the game is supposed to be, how it should be played and who it should cater for is a very exclusive and egocentric viewpoint.

One could certainly argue that by wanting to do it all, i.e. trooper and hero gameplay, Battlefront 2 ultimately gets nothing right, being a jack of all trades, master of none. But if I look at anything else in life, there is not one thing to please them all.

Yes, there are a few hero players that are almost unkillable, but in most CS games I've played recently, heroes get melted pretty quickly with a few competent troopers around. Strength lies in numbers obviously. You can't expect to win a 1v1 against a hero, although it can certainly happen. When heroes dominate or get ludicrous killstreaks, it's mostly down to an imcompetent team that doesn't cooperate or has no strategies to take down heroes. I only play troopers in the big game modes. I've killed many a hero in CS, and sometimes it's so easy.
  • ROMG4
    2724 posts Member
    edited August 14
    jku7iz15qljr.jpg
    5char

The irony, it kills me

I love it
    The "majority of people who want the hero system changed" is the actual loud minority here. Sorry, but the way the game is now is almost perfect and doesn't need changes.
    Don't like it? Don't play it.
    giphy.gif

BEGONE WARFARE!
    Kamykatz wrote: »
    Looking at the main screen of Battlefront 2, who do I see? Rey, Iden and Maul. No troopers. DICE hasn't made a secret out of the fact that this installment of the franchise will be more hero-oriented. This was their decision. It is the gamer's decision to buy it.
    P5835.jpg

tumblr_p4kbpmSGSi1qcvqsto2_500.gif
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1

Thats why there are games like Force Unleashed and Jedi Knight out there for people like you. And you still have a game entirely focused in Jedi gameplay coming out. How more selfish and insane can a hero lord get? Battlefront is an infantry game, focus always been in the ones who hold guns, not glowsticks. If you don't like that, then sorry you are playing the wrong game, and maybe are not enough of a fan of Star Wars to enjoy the brilliance of playing as a stormtrooper or Clone.

Can you really make a contribution? Oh do you? Unfortunately thats not the experience for everybody.

You say I’m playing the wrong game? I enjoy this game. I’m very happy with it in its current state. I’ve put a lot of time into it because I enjoy playing it.

I don’t think it’s fair to have such strong complaints but say I’m playing the wrong game.

I have no problem playing as clones or stormtroopers but I enjoy playing as the main characters more.
  • Kamykatz
    155 posts Member
    edited August 14
    ROMG4 wrote: »

tumblr_p4kbpmSGSi1qcvqsto2_500.gif

Only half-blind. Yes, obviously there are troopers. My initial statement was an undue generalisation. But you do understand the difference between the main part, i.e. the highlight/focus of a picture, and the background. Three heroes right in the center, standing tall, dominating the view. Below, a handful of little troopers. This picture drives home the point I (or rather DICE) was trying to make, especially compared to BF15.

m3wegghdvkbg.jpg

• Compo wrote: »
    I agree!
    But...
    Battlefield is miles better than this game, I can be engaged in exciting matches over and over for many hours and weeks in titles that came years ago

Battlefield is dying mate. Its basically been made casualfield, since Battlefield1. Ironically battlefield went down hill (imo) since the relaunch of the battlefront games...in which both have been designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
    Dice are now making games for the masses (understandable), and not for serious gamers.

Just enjoy them for what they are, sadly they will never be what they once was, which were skill based, with high skill ceiling.

I play this for the **** n giggles, but i normally get frustrated with it too, basically most adults play this game drunk, right? lol

I play battlefield 3/4 for my competitive gameplay itch.

Battlefield dying compared to battlefront 2?? I dont think so. This game is basically dead on the australian server and there are games for BFV literally all day. I found a full game the other day at 4am on a weeknight
  • Kamykatz
    155 posts Member
    edited August 14
    skincarver wrote: »

And while this might be debatable (then pandemic, now Dice and so on) I still have to hear a single valid reason why we shouldn’t have an all infantry mode, so everybody can play to his/her hearts desire.

Absolutely! I would like to play that. At this point in the game's life and considering the endless discussions on this board, I doubt it will ever be possible to please all the interest groups.

More nonsense. So someone that goes on a 10 player kill streak in a couple minutes at the beginning of the game sucks at using infantry? That makes no sense.
  • ID_8615 wrote: »

So - you believe the polling to be an accurate reflection of how the player base really feels?
    On XBox, less than 1.5% of players ever reach Player Rank 50. The game has been out for nearly 2 years now. Player Rank 50 is a generic rank, mind you. Nothing specific to one class or another.. just over all rank. On PS4, its about the same.

What does that tell you? It should tell you that most players in the BF2 universe do not stick around long enough to ever reach Player Rank 50. Even a casual player, playing 3-4 hours on weekends for ~18 months would easily reach Player Rank 50. What this tells you is that @David1543 is spot on in his assessment that Battlefront II is a boring game. Players have left en masse since its inception in 2017. F8RGE loves to expound on how healthy his player base is, that it continues to grow. But like a blind monkey playing the stock market in a bull year, DICE Sweden are working with one of the world's premiere IP franchises: Star Wars. It's darn near impossible to muck it up... but its not for a lack of trying in this case.

Why do you think the only players left in these forums are primarily the ones who enjoy playing the Heroes in GA & CS? Do I need to lay it out in small terms, or, can you connect those dots on your own?

Yes. I feel that a poll released by the devs across a couple of communication platforms represents how the players feel. That what polls are intended to do. Was that a real question?

Definitely more representative than a few people here (the same people) always complaining about heroes in ga.
  • I have an idea...
    What if, there were two different kinds of points instead of just battlepoints, there were objective points.

Battlepoints would be gained like they are, but could only be used for buying reinforcements and vehicles.
    Objective points would be earned by playing the objective and used to buy heroes.

Ways to earn objective points:
    1.Override objective consoles
    2.Kill enemies within certain area of player with ion rocket (naboo, endor, crait, etc.)
    3.Shoot above said ion rocket at objective vehicle
    4.Kill enemies within certain area of objective console
    5.Kill enemies in objective area (Kamino landing pads)
    6.Take objective areas.
    7. Deal damage to objective vehicles

This would make hero players actually play the objective in order to gain the heroes and keep playing the objective to be able to get the hero back. Let me know what yall think of the idea.

Thanks for reading, be civilized, and I'll see you on the battlefront.

That's an interesting idea but feel like it might be tough to implement. I just wonder if raising the BP cost of heroes might essentially accomplish the same thing?

For me the issues is just this mixing of heroes and infantry into these larger modes. It's fine having such a mode for those that want to play it but we're missing a large scale infantry only mode like we had with Turning Point in the last game. And we're missing objective type hero only modes.....Hero only strike, extraction, etc. If we had those modes I'd be playing them a lot.