criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Herofront ll is boring and there's barely any motivation to keep playing It.

124Next

Replies

• Part of the problem now too is that loads of people that purchased on/before launch(such as myself) stopped playing over a year ago.
    It's hilarious that the problems I had with the game at launch are still running rampant, which only serves to highlight why I and many others have not since returned. I have no interest logging hours upon hours into a game that's still somehow only half baked. I don't have any desire to struggle with awful servers.

Before people try saying that complainers are the vocal minority - that's not the case. If you are of this opinion, you most likely only recently discovered these forums. They lost us when it was clear they had no clue where to go from launch. General apathy and what felt like a tantrum from EA did not instill any confidence that this game would ever end up in a place that made it feel like Battlefront; rather only a shell of what could have been. I would rather use my resources and time to support better games.
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    to sum up this Thread

"i hate heroes i want battlefield but in star Wars and everybody who says otherwise is wrong, dumb and not a real Star Wars Fan"

Dude if i didnt know any better i would say youre the current president of the United States of America cause thats about the Niveau of your argumentation.

Now to proceed to flame me how i am wrong and you are the only one right^^

On a sidenote: Remember Battlefront2 2005? Where a Hero could kill a tank in 5 swings, one shot every trooper except the special Unit with more health and the force sprints and jumps were incredidbly high?
    Or the fact that they had HoK from the beginning? I loved that Game and i love this one

Yes but there were never 8 heroes in BF2005. One per side was the norm.

Most hero mains tend to forget that little tidbit of information.

I forgot to mention that yes.My apologies.

I dont really play GA so cant really speak on that but in CS two Heroes per side seem fair at least in my opinion.

My intention with the reference to BF2 2005 was rather to show that heroes back then were even stronger

It’s like in the 15 game which I though was great, heroes were powerful yet having only one kept the game balanced. I personally wish they would have kept that formula.

you think BF15 was great? Oh boi. Maybe in regards of Heroes in Big Modes but in every other aspect it was disgusting how EA ruined Dices Game.

4 Maps at launch for 60 Bucks and 50 Bucks to get like 4 Maps more so after 110 bucks you had less Maps then in BF17.

Dont get me wrong i have around 300 hours in BF15 but objectively this Game was only good in terms of Graphics, Atmosphere and immersion.

It was in so many ways unfinished at release and still after release had some big issues (im sorry but the Power up system was ****, i like the current system with the Battle Points a lot more, since you have to actually play to get to Reinforcements, Tanks and Heroes, instead of just Camping the Hero Power Up spawns), it had only one Era which is ... well its bad at least imo.

Walker Assault is basically the same Linear Game Mode as is Galactic Assault but Galactiv Assault is much more diverse since it plays out quite different on each while WA played out the same on every Map(i still enjoyed it though)

BF15 became a good Game after youd spent 110 Bucks and about 1,5 years after release and i think the nostalgia some people here hold for this Game is ignorance of the huge problems that Game had.

Oh god there i go rambling again... i was thinking of making an in depth breakdown comparison of BF15 and BF17 and post it. But its not worth cause im not gonna change anyones opinion.

I personally enjoy BF17 a lot more then BF15 but thats my opinion and if you think its the other way around feel free to feel so.
    But i cant stand the argumentation of some people with obvious Nostalgia goggles on that just want to trash this Game disregarding Facts. This Game is far from perfect but its also far from the mess people make it out to be.

Sorry for the rant but i had to blow off some steam

Cheers

Wat?
    BF2015 launched with 4 PLANETS not Maps...
    The PAID DLC was worth its money. I got a buckload of new weapons and overall the post launch DLC wasnt just a hero here and a hero there...
    I got a lot of maps for my money. Cant say the same for Mediocrefront 2: Heroes Unleashed

You had 4 maps for the "relevant" modes. Since its a discussion about GA and CS i ignored the smaller modes in my argumentation.

There goes all your credibility. The smaller modes aren't irrelevant just because you don't care about them. Cargo was and still is one of the most popular game modes.

Re: nostalgia, it's not nostalgia for some members, as they're still playing BF15.

I think your mixing some things up. I never saud they are irrelevant but that they are irrelevant to me since i dont or just occassionally play them and therefore cant form an opinion on them.

And since the subject of this discussion were heroes i focused on the 2 largescale mode which include heroes which i think i made rather clear.

So either A you misunderstood me and therefore feel provoked that i find your favorite modes irrelavant.
    If thats the case im sorry that wasnt my intention.

Or B you purposefully misread my comment to discredit my entire argumentation based on an interpretation that fits your narrative.

Either way i dont see how it takes away the credibility of my arguments which i think ive presented in a neutral and argumentative way.

And since youre making a point without basis(cargo to be one lf the more popular Gamesmodes) i have to assume its the latter.
    I know for a fact that in BF15 Supremacy,Turning Point and Walker Assault were the most played modes since in every battlefield,battlefront etc games the largescale modes hold the most players and are for the majority the ones that provide the most fun.

Thats why i based my argumentation around them and not because i "hate"smaller modes.

Cheers

Without basis? Hardly. As I wrote, it was one of the most popular playlists. Your argument against that is entirely subjective. Walker Assault being the most popular doesn't invalidate that in any way.
    My name is Bob

• Empire_TW wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    killerzf7 wrote: »
    Honest/Controversial Opinion:

While you don’t like the heroes on the battlefront in this game, I don’t like the neglect that the OT and ST have been receiving.

This game is supposed to be across ALL eras, but the Clone Wars is the only era getting major content, even if it’s being drip-fed.

Seriously, after one whole year of Clone Wars content (and more possibly still coming) this is what I feel this game is becoming.

riuqf7msrdwy.jpeg

This game's post-launch support being too CW centric and too Hero centric go hand in hand.
    the Clone Wars content is what makes the game actually worth playing what are you talking about? I like the OT content too but the reason I bought this game was solely because of the clone wars centric bf2 beta after I sat out the first ea battlefront game with no CW

What are you talking about?

Every CW GA map is awful, most of the reinforcements are fluff, not even gonna get into the mess that is the clone skins, and Dooku is lackluster at best, Obi-Wan is bad, Grievous is a buggy broken mess, and Anakin ruined the game for 3 months

Highly opinionated. Clones skins are a great addition, obiwan is not as bad as people say in modes not HvV, many maps suck in GA for how it’s made, including many non PT maps, but they are forsure not the worse. Anakin is fine now, and yea greivous and dooku could use some work. Grievous is still a power house and a great pick for most if but all modes WITH his bugs. It’s silly to deny that the CW additions didn’t help save this game whether your “allegiance” lies there or not

While you don’t like the heroes on the battlefront in this game, I don’t like the neglect that the OT and ST have been receiving.

This game is supposed to be across ALL eras, but the Clone Wars is the only era getting major content, even if it’s being drip-fed.

Seriously, after one whole year of Clone Wars content (and more possibly still coming) this is what I feel this game is becoming.

riuqf7msrdwy.jpeg

This game's post-launch support being too CW centric and too Hero centric go hand in hand.
    the Clone Wars content is what makes the game actually worth playing what are you talking about? I like the OT content too but the reason I bought this game was solely because of the clone wars centric bf2 beta after I sat out the first ea battlefront game with no CW

Every CW GA map is awful, most of the reinforcements are fluff, not even gonna get into the mess that is the clone skins, and Dooku is lackluster at best, Obi-Wan is bad, Grievous is a buggy broken mess, and Anakin ruined the game for 3 months

Highly opinionated. Clones skins are a great addition, obiwan is not as bad as people say in modes not HvV, many maps suck in GA for how it’s made, including many non PT maps, but they are forsure not the worse. Anakin is fine now, and yea greivous and dooku could use some work. Grievous is still a power house and a great pick for most if but all modes WITH his bugs. It’s silly to deny that the CW additions didn’t help save this game whether your “allegiance” lies there or not

Cosmetics hardly add anything to the game and the fact that more time went into them instead of fixing the game is a problem. Phase 2 of Kashyyyk, phase 3 and 4 for Kamino, and Phase 2 and 3 of Naboo are significantly worse than any other GA phase, the only reason people like these maps at all is because they are CW, if Naboo had First Order and Resistance fighting on it those who claim to like that map would quickly change their minds. Obi Wan is bad, why pick him over any other LS hero? Anakin may be fine now but we are still living in the fallout of his addition where heroes are now getting unnecessary buffs.

Explain in detail how CW saved this game. I fail to see how fluff, cosmetics, and heroes that range from lackluster to meh saved this game.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • OoiiHooked_22
    2371 posts Member
    edited August 18

riuqf7msrdwy.jpeg

Cosmetics hardly add anything to the game and the fact that more time went into them instead of fixing the game is a problem. Phase 2 of Kashyyyk, phase 3 and 4 for Kamino, and Phase 2 and 3 of Naboo are significantly worse than any other GA phase, the only reason people like these maps at all is because they are CW, if Naboo had First Order and Resistance fighting on it those who claim to like that map would quickly change their minds. Obi Wan is bad, why pick him over any other LS hero? Anakin may be fine now but we are still living in the fallout of his addition where heroes are now getting unnecessary buffs.

Explain in detail how CW saved this game. I fail to see how fluff, cosmetics, and heroes that range from lackluster to meh saved this game.

Crait is just an awful map any way we slice it. Jakku is up there as well. Death Star phase 1 can be a cake walk for empire. Yavin phase 3 is a cakewalk for rebels, and if they work together you won’t even get to phase 2. Hoth phase 1 for rebels gets boring, and phase 3 isn’t the best to defend. With a good team phase 2 star killer for the first order can either be really quick or go on forever. And if we all hate Naboo phase 3 so much, how much different is it from Endor phase 3? There are problems with all the maps.

I don’t think obiwan is great, but I wouldn’t say he’s bad. I can still chose him and not have 0 success.

Clone skins are some of the few customization this game offers and some of them look really cool.

You may be right about Anakin but some needed buffs, and I think it’s better to buff than nerf.

Idk if you’ve ever used the Super or the commando/arc but they are anything but fluff

I said it HELPED save the game. I do believe player count went a considerable amount to when CS added, even if that game mode has its own problems, it’s popular. New players tend to gravitate towards that, and my only proof would be the amount of low levels I see on a daily basis. CW opened the door for many new hero’s and I’d say the majoity of people that play this game enjoy hero’s, and such iconic Star Wars hero’s that everyone was at least excited for pre release. It also opened the door to reinforcements and vehicles that caught fire, and the infiltrator and speeder, even tho I hate the speeder opened the door for new anti hero possibility. Also gave us the non railed ATTE that is a blast to use. Geonosis CS trailer alone has 3.5 mill views on YouTube. People wanted a non linear straight up war game mode and the CW is perfect for that. I’m sure I’m missing other things but those were the biggest bullet points i could come up with.
    Post edited by OoiiHooked_22 on

riuqf7msrdwy.jpeg

Crait is just an awful map any way we slice it. Jakku is up there as well. Death Star phase 1 can be a cake walk for empire. Yavin phase 3 is a cakewalk for rebels, and if they work together you won’t even get to phase 2. Hoth phase 1 for rebels gets boring, and phase 3 isn’t the best to defend. With a good team phase 2 star killer for the first order can either be really quick or go on forever. And if we all hate Naboo phase 3 so much, how much different is it from Endor phase 3? There are problems with all the maps.

I don’t think obiwan is great, but I wouldn’t say he’s bad. I can still chose him and not have 0 success.

Clone skins are some of the few customization this game offers and some of them look really cool.

You may be right about Anakin but some needed buffs, and I think it’s better to buff than nerf.

Idk if you’ve ever used the Super or the commando/arc but they are anything but fluff

I said it HELPED save the game. I do believe player count went a considerable amount to when CS added, even if that game mode has its own problems, it’s popular. New players tend to gravitate towards that, and my only proof would be the amount of low levels I see on a daily basis. CW opened the door for many new hero’s and I’d say the majoity of people that play this game enjoy hero’s, and such iconic Star Wars hero’s that everyone was at least excited for pre release. It also opened the door to reinforcements and vehicles that caught fire, and the infiltrator and speeder, even tho I hate the speeder opened the door for new anti hero possibility. Also gave us the non railed ATTE that is a blast to use. Geonosis CS trailer alone has 3.5 mill views on YouTube. People wanted a non linear straight up war game mode and the CW is perfect for that. I’m sure I’m missing other things but those were the biggest bullet points i could come up with.

Take away the closing door for the final phase and Crait would be more balanced, I don't see how it is awful beyond that issue. The west Exist in phase 3 is Jakku only real flaw, DS 2 is the most balanced GA map in the game, Phase 1 of Hoth is one of the only phases that feels open nonlinear and reminds me of walker assault which was one of the best things about BF2015, phase 2 of Starkiller isn't too hard if the resistance has good air pilots and someone brings a Finn or a Han to throw detonates up the stairs, Phase 3 of Endor favors the rebels because of thermal imploder spam and phase 3 of theed favors the republic because their spawn is right on the objective and there are literally only 3 ways into the throne room. All CW maps except for Geonosis come to choke points that can't really be fixed, there is no fixing Kamino while on the other hand, most OT and ST maps need one tweak or two and most of the problems are fixed.

Obi-Wan can kill troopers but that's about it but that doesn't make him good because killing troopers is the standard, he doesn't stand out from anyone else.

Again cosmetics don't add much to the game, and they actually wasted a whole patch "fixing" clone skins, they should have just released them then moved on.

What happened to Yoda, Vader and Boba are all bad, and they aren't done yet.

Take the fluff away from the commando droid and ARC you get wallhacks and stuns, 2 things that are largely hated. Very hypocritical of the devs to add a reinforcement with a stun after implementing a stun immunity mechanic. At the end of the day, they are just more units to smash troopers with and give heroes a tad tougher enemy to fight, not much else.

"helped save this game" that's the thing, this game hasn't been saved. Until the developers release hard evidence of the player base increasing I don't believe them. Dennis pretty much contradicted himself with that launch day numbers comment a few months later saying that there is a decline since it's summer and "people have lives", also outside of Reddit (even then I really don't care about them) I don't see people liking CS, no one i know likes it and on my PSN friends list of 90ish friends 1-3 people play it. I see low-level players when I occasionally play BF3 on my PS3, doesn't mean that game is making any sort of comeback, which is a shame because that game does deserve a revive. Again the heroes that were added didn't really add much to the gameplay itself and the neglect the rest of the game has gotten wasn't worth it, General Grievous is here, yay, does he add much to the overall gameplay? No, not really. The ATTE is only on one map and is a glorified disruptor rifle. Yeah, their trailers get views but that doesn't translate to player numbers, this game is borderline dead at non-peak hours but when the game first came out I could find games in any mode at any hour. Restricting the "new big mode" (it's not nonlinear) to CW only pretty much killed it on arrival, they had to delay it to make the ship phase when there really shouldn't have been a ship phase at all. Instead of getting a conquest or supremacy mode for 13 maps we get this version of GA that has fewer options on 4 soon to be 5 maps and they all play the same because the ship phases are the same on every map.

Great post. Couldn't argue with much of that at all. Very well put.

riuqf7msrdwy.jpeg

Take away the closing door for the final phase and Crait would be more balanced, I don't see how it is awful beyond that issue. The west Exist in phase 3 is Jakku only real flaw, DS 2 is the most balanced GA map in the game, Phase 1 of Hoth is one of the only phases that feels open nonlinear and reminds me of walker assault which was one of the best things about BF2015, phase 2 of Starkiller isn't too hard if the resistance has good air pilots and someone brings a Finn or a Han to throw detonates up the stairs, Phase 3 of Endor favors the rebels because of thermal imploder spam and phase 3 of theed favors the republic because their spawn is right on the objective and there are literally only 3 ways into the throne room. All CW maps except for Geonosis come to choke points that can't really be fixed, there is no fixing Kamino while on the other hand, most OT and ST maps need one tweak or two and most of the problems are fixed.

Obi-Wan can kill troopers but that's about it but that doesn't make him good because killing troopers is the standard, he doesn't stand out from anyone else.

Again cosmetics don't add much to the game, and they actually wasted a whole patch "fixing" clone skins, they should have just released them then moved on.

Take the fluff away from the commando droid and ARC you get wallhacks and stuns, 2 things that are largely hated. Very hypocritical of the devs to add a reinforcement with a stun after implementing a stun immunity mechanic. At the end of the day, they are just more units to smash troopers with and give heroes a tad tougher enemy to fight, not much else.

"helped save this game" that's the thing, this game hasn't been saved. Until the developers release hard evidence of the player base increasing I don't believe them. Dennis pretty much contradicted himself with that launch day numbers comment a few months later saying that there is a decline since it's summer and "people have lives", also outside of Reddit (even then I really don't care about them) I don't see people liking CS, no one i know likes it and on my PSN friends list of 90ish friends 1-3 people play it. I see low-level players when I occasionally play BF3 on my PS3, doesn't mean that game is making any sort of comeback, which is a shame because that game does deserve a revive. Again the heroes that were added didn't really add much to the gameplay itself and the neglect the rest of the game has gotten wasn't worth it, General Grievous is here, yay, does he add much to the overall gameplay? No, not really. The ATTE is only on one map and is a glorified disruptor rifle. Yeah, their trailers get views but that doesn't translate to player numbers, this game is borderline dead at non-peak hours but when the game first came out I could find games in any mode at any hour. Restricting the "new big mode" (it's not nonlinear) to CW only pretty much killed it on arrival, they had to delay it to make the ship phase when there really shouldn't have been a ship phase at all. Instead of getting a conquest or supremacy mode for 13 maps we get this version of GA that has fewer options on 4 soon to be 5 maps and they all play the same because the ship phases are the same on every map.

Good post. Well said.

riuqf7msrdwy.jpeg

I love people and youtubers claiming that the game got saved and that its rising when in reality nothing much has happened lol

Great post buddy^^

riuqf7msrdwy.jpeg

Very much nitpicking. Again this is all opinionated and biased driven by both of us. The maps all really come down to choke points, every era. Your dislike for things are other people’s likes so nothing you said is finality. It’s obvious I can’t change your mind, MANY people on MY friends list play sticky CS, and MANY people I know enjoy the new hero’s when they are working right. The reinforcements are very fun to use so again if you don’t like them that’s okay. I don’t want to go in detail again, I gave you detailed points that made sense to the normal non biased person. It’s just not worth rehashing all my facts and opinions again. People never admit it but some just have a blind hate for anything not their “era” and that’s silly. It shows greatly when all the “anti clone wars” crowd comes rushing in. You made many opinionated statements, but I guess so did i

Thanks for all banter it was kind of constructive ,

riuqf7msrdwy.jpeg

I love people and youtubers claiming that the game got saved and that its rising when in reality nothing much has happened lol

Great post buddy^^

Apparently NEITHER of us have proof
  • I knew how the weird era hate factor was gonna come into play the second you tried saying Endor and Naboo phase 3 are different. Empire actually gets to the objective quicker than the rebuplic gets to theirs and Death Star 1 is hardly the best most balanced map. All maps have their issues except maybe tatoinne. Assuming on star killer that they control the skies, and Hoth is cool, but 1 person or even 2 in the ATAT can ruin it. If your defending crait I can’t really see why but okay. Your map arguments were just silly to me. Then the hatred for litterally anything not a rebel or stormtrooper began 😅

riuqf7msrdwy.jpeg

Great post buddy^^

I agree. I don’t think CS really did much for the game. I remember people wanting EA to do a big marketing push with the release Obi-Wan and Grevious. I don’t think they realize how sad it would seem for a company to do a big marketing push for a small content release.

riuqf7msrdwy.jpeg

Great post buddy^^

The people who claim that other game communities are jealous of us are also hilarious.
    hojevrxvarht.png

riuqf7msrdwy.jpeg

Very much nitpicking. Again this is all opinionated and biased driven by both of us. The maps all really come down to choke points, every era. Your dislike for things are other people’s likes so nothing you said is finality. It’s obvious I can’t change your mind, MANY people on MY friends list play sticky CS, and MANY people I know enjoy the new hero’s when they are working right. The reinforcements are very fun to use so again if you don’t like them that’s okay. I don’t want to go in detail again, I gave you detailed points that made sense to the normal non biased person. It’s just not worth rehashing all my facts and opinions again. People never admit it but some just have a blind hate for anything not their “era” and that’s silly. It shows greatly when all the “anti clone wars” crowd comes rushing in. You made many opinionated statements, but I guess so did i

If you are gonna dismiss everything I've said and just say "nitpicking" then quite frankly you are the who is biased and opinionated, again replace the clones and droids with First Order and Resistance on all CW maps and I guarantee you that those maps wouldn't be people's favorites. Yes all GA maps have chokepoints but the CW maps are by far the worse. As for the reinforcements again make them not CW related and the people who hold them in high regard wouldn't care for them.

One would be blind not to realize that this game is only really getting praise from CW fans who wouldn't care and would probably hate the updates if the new content "drops" weren't CW related.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • Alex64
    7663 posts Member
    There's not enough motivation to turn on the game and hear that my PS4 is about to take off like a jet fighter
    Why so serious?

riuqf7msrdwy.jpeg

If you are gonna dismiss everything I've said and just say "nitpicking" then quite frankly you are the who is biased and opinionated, again replace the clones and droids with First Order and Resistance on all CW maps and I guarantee you that those maps wouldn't be people's favorites. Yes all GA maps have chokepoints but the CW maps are by far the worse. As for the reinforcements again make them not CW related and the people who hold them in high regard wouldn't care for them.

One would be blind not to realize that this game is only really getting praise from CW fans who wouldn't care and would probably hate the updates if the new content "drops" weren't CW related.

*sigh*
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    There's not enough motivation to turn on the game and hear that my PS4 is about to take off like a jet fighter

Lol. Thought this only happened to me.
  • DarthJ
    6667 posts Member
    I am at the point where I dont play it currently, havent for a month or so, and its just sitting on my PS hard drive. Its not that I dont like the game, I do, Ive had hours of fun on it, but other games and buying new games stops you playing it completely, so in a way im not motivated enough to play it. Debating whether to knock it off my hard drive for room, but its a digital copy so would take a good few hours to redownload.

Gonna see how Felucia goes and then see if anything is coming after. If not, may delete it off to make room for other games.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • If battlefront 2 was like battlefield just imagine the amount of amazing moments and gameplay experiences we could all be sharing!!!!
  • I knew how the weird era hate factor was gonna come into play the second you tried saying Endor and Naboo phase 3 are different. Empire actually gets to the objective quicker than the rebuplic gets to theirs and Death Star 1 is hardly the best most balanced map. All maps have their issues except maybe tatoinne. Assuming on star killer that they control the skies, and Hoth is cool, but 1 person or even 2 in the ATAT can ruin it. If your defending crait I can’t really see why but okay. Your map arguments were just silly to me. Then the hatred for litterally anything not a rebel or stormtrooper began 😅

Forgot this bit

Naboo phase 3 and Endor Phase 3 are drastically different, they both favor the LS however the LS are attacking on one and defending on the other, Endor has 4 different ways into the objective era that have a decent amount of space between them while Naboo has 3 all of which are in eyesight.

DS2 is the most balanced map, though close quarters there are hardly any actual chokepoints, there are plenty of flanking routes and the objective areas are usually open spaces with multiple ways to get in.

I don't even know the last time I was killed by an AT-AT, the orbital strikes on them barley work.

You have yet to give an actual reason to why Crait is bad.

If you really think this is all coming down to what factions are on the map deciding whether or not I like them then you are missing the point entirely, you said I was biased yet you seem to be the one who is.
    hojevrxvarht.png
  • a lot of players enjoy this mode. personnaly, i enjoy it as much as jetpack cargo and ewok. 2-3 games and i have enough for the weekend.

i really don't care about these kind of events. i prefer brand new content like vehicles, maps, weapons, heroes etc.

• EA_Rtas
    1180 posts EA Moderator
    Alright I've removed some posts in here that were just derailing bickering. Cut that stuff out and keep it on topic. You've got some decent discussion in here, please keep it that way.
  • Testing testing
  • I just revived the thread haha. One of the mods got mad and remove It from the front page.
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    David1543 wrote: »
    Battlefield is miles better than this game, I can be engaged in exciting matches over and over for many hours and weeks in titles that came years ago, but after 2 or 3 games of GA/CS I already feel like vomiting. And do you know why? Its not even the lack of fresh content being added at a very low rate, but the gameplay Itself sucks. Limiting heroes to 1 per faction would transform this game so radically that It could turn into one of the best games of all time overnight.

Heroes in groups of fours and twos is an failure of an idea worse than cross era Itself! It causes unbalance and the experience of 36 players in the lobby to be miserable. In games like battlefield being a trooper is more than being cannon fodder or merely going to a boring process to accumulate enough BP to magically transform into a special unit in less than 5 minutes. Being a trooper in this game should encourage team work, It should make you feel like you matter to the outcome of the match, and It should be fun enough to not even make you want stop playing as one, but in this game we are forced to hate It because of how Its being handled, and ultimately we are incapable of enjoying the game unless we're a hero or reinforcement.

You may ask what does battlefield have to do with this game? To quote master Yoda's wise words "EVERYTHING".

Battlefront was born from battlefield, once upon a time they were infantry centric games and Its thanks to Pandemic's franchise you have your beloved Herofront today that EA vandalized and destroyed.

As you can see devs noone is happy with your game except a few loud minority, the majority of people want a dramatic chage in how the hero system works, this would automatically improve the game to be miles better than Its current state without having to add any content. These threads will never stop coming until something is done, because I bought a game called Battlefront, so make It play the way Its called.

You can literally play Battlefield instead. If battlefield is so much better, why aren’t you playing it?

Maybe because he's a Star Wars fan and likes to feel like he's being part of his favorite battles like Geinosis Endor or Crait as I do.
    But if he doesn't enjoy the gameplay then don't bother lol.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
    Battlefield is miles better than this game, I can be engaged in exciting matches over and over for many hours and weeks in titles that came years ago, but after 2 or 3 games of GA/CS I already feel like vomiting. And do you know why? Its not even the lack of fresh content being added at a very low rate, but the gameplay Itself sucks. Limiting heroes to 1 per faction would transform this game so radically that It could turn into one of the best games of all time overnight.

Heroes in groups of fours and twos is an failure of an idea worse than cross era Itself! It causes unbalance and the experience of 36 players in the lobby to be miserable. In games like battlefield being a trooper is more than being cannon fodder or merely going to a boring process to accumulate enough BP to magically transform into a special unit in less than 5 minutes. Being a trooper in this game should encourage team work, It should make you feel like you matter to the outcome of the match, and It should be fun enough to not even make you want stop playing as one, but in this game we are forced to hate It because of how Its being handled, and ultimately we are incapable of enjoying the game unless we're a hero or reinforcement.

You may ask what does battlefield have to do with this game? To quote master Yoda's wise words "EVERYTHING".

Battlefront was born from battlefield, once upon a time they were infantry centric games and Its thanks to Pandemic's franchise you have your beloved Herofront today that EA vandalized and destroyed.

As you can see devs noone is happy with your game except a few loud minority, the majority of people want a dramatic chage in how the hero system works, this would automatically improve the game to be miles better than Its current state without having to add any content. These threads will never stop coming until something is done, because I bought a game called Battlefront, so make It play the way Its called.

You can literally play Battlefield instead. If battlefield is so much better, why aren’t you playing it?

Maybe because he's a Star Wars fan and likes to feel like he's being part of his favorite battles like Geinosis Endor or Crait as I do.

I agree don't bother playing BF2, but if you have an opinion and your passionate about Battlefront then you should absolutely express it.

@David1543 I would absolutely love a Star Wars Battlefield and from an open war fare shooter perspective then yes the skill ceiling in Battlefield is far higher than Battlefront.

But that doesn't necessarily make it a better game, it's just a game that you and I would enjoy more, it's all subjective.

Battlefront does need to have it's own identity, but at the same time as the only Star Wars MP out there at the moment it would be nice if Dice acknowledged and provided for all their player base.
    The infantry mechanics and modes this game has provided really are abysmal.
  • Ppong_Man12
    2631 posts Member
    edited August 22
    SQJACKIE wrote: »

I agree don't bother playing BF2, but if you have an opinion and your passionate about Battlefront then you should absolutely express it.

@David1543 I would absolutely love a Star Wars Battlefield and from an open war fare shooter perspective then yes the skill ceiling in Battlefield is far higher than Battlefront.

But that doesn't necessarily make it a better game, it's just a game that you and I would enjoy more, it's all subjective.

Battlefront does need to have it's own identity, but at the same time as the only Star Wars MP out there at the moment it would be nice if Dice acknowledged and provided for all their player base.
    The infantry mechanics and modes this game has provided really are abysmal.

Absolutely agree, especially on then infantry modes/mechanics.

It's been almost 2 years since Battlefront 2 came out. I'm pretty sure the devs have clearly shown what they want this game to be. At this point, if you really despise the direction this game went, I don't think it's worth staying here then.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • The fact that BF2015 still has a good core of players and pretty much you can get games on it anytime, surely that would indicate to dice and ea that there is a want for more trooper content and less hero spam

Ive played more BF2015 than BF2 in the last few months because i got bored of the heroes,, and the lack of maps for strike
  • CC_1010
    1817 posts Member

riuqf7msrdwy.jpeg

I bought the game because of the epic Obi Wan BF2 Trailer.

It's been almost 2 years since Battlefront 2 came out. I'm pretty sure the devs have clearly shown what they want this game to be. At this point, if you really despise the direction this game went, I don't think it's worth staying here then.

Depends on you as a person I suppose, you can either bail (nothing wrong with that) or you can try to enact change. Each to their own mate.

Personally I like the posts that run counter to a games current direction. It makes for a more interesting discussion and a wider perspective.
  • But it's true. Vote with your wallet. Don't give a bad game your money at launch or at all.

• Despite what EA has done with this game at launch and Dice's stupid design choices, I would be willing to buy a BFlll ONLY If It was inspired to be similar Pandemic's cancelled game, a complete change of direction, in other words a battlefield star wars game.

Some of you go as far to assume that I think this game is bad just because Its not a battlefield game and that I shouldnt be playing It, to clarify, for a Star Wars game Its not bad, in fact Its just mediocre. For a Battlefront game, It is utterly a huge pile of horse excrement. And no I dont bother playing It, unless I forget Its a battlefront game, only a dweb would in Its current state. Again, the problem Is that they decided to call this battlefront, instead of herofront, a game that anyone who was not literally borne a month ago knows that It plays just like battlefield. If this game was not called battlefront, It would be good and I or anyone else would complain. The solution to make It great and make It acceptable to have the battlefront title is simple, heroes are to be severely LIMITED and RESTRICTED. Little newborn babies who were not even around when battlefront was a thing want to dictate what this game should be, maybe you shouldnt be playing It.
  • David1543 wrote: »
    Despite what EA has done with this game at launch and Dice's stupid design choices, I would be willing to buy a BFlll ONLY If It was inspired to be similar Pandemic's cancelled game, a complete change of direction, in other words a battlefield star wars game.

Some of you go as far to assume that I think this game is bad just because Its not a battlefield game and that I shouldnt be playing It, to clarify, for a Star Wars game Its not bad, in fact Its just mediocre. For a Battlefront game, It is utterly a huge pile of horse excrement. And no I dont bother playing It, unless I forget Its a battlefront game, only a dweb would in Its current state. Again, the problem Is that they decided to call this battlefront, instead of herofront, a game that anyone who was not literally borne a month ago knows that It plays just like battlefield. If this game was not called battlefront, It would be good and I or anyone else would complain. The solution to make It great and make It acceptable to have the battlefront title is simple, heroes are to be severely LIMITED and RESTRICTED. Little newborn babies who were not even around when battlefront was a thing want to dictate what this game should be, maybe you shouldnt be playing It.

Feel free to play BF2 2005 the servers are reopened i think.

If it is the true battlefront expirience or whatever it is you are searching for...

The usage of the Name and Brand of Battlefront was a marketing move by EA to get people to buy the Game but the Devs were pretty clear in BF15 and BF17 this is not a remaster a rehash or an enhancement of Pandemics Games but a new and unique expirience.
    And i think it is in some way better then the old games and in some ways inferior but enjoyable at the least.

So take your whining nostalgia back to BF2005 amd enjoy that Game if it is what you would call the true battlefront.

Oh and btw i played all battlefront Games and atm i would probably rate them

BF17
    BF05
    BF15
    BF04

In that order. Just my personal opinion.

Cheers

Woah chill there man...no need to be a savage