criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Competitive GA / HvV

If there's one thing I can tell of gaming communities, especially on PC, it's that people enjoy competitive gaming. Look at CSGO, Overwatch, Dota. All these competitive games have such a high playercount despite their age. I would argue that implement a competitive playlist / ranked mode in BF2 can stabilized the overall playercount. As of right now, the vast majority of BF2 players simply don't care about win or lost. They play and get on with their lives. This is very wrong in my opinion, If you want to play a game you might as well get good at it. Implement a competitive environment would give players a real sense of accomplishment (seriously), a goal they are chasing and willing to put effort on it.

This is my idea of competitive GA:
10 players per team.
Reduced ticket, shorter objective activation timer
MTT / Walker moves faster, Ion launcher deal more damage
Max 1 hero, 4 reinforcement.
Max 1 vehicle.

Competitive HvV:
Bring back target system. Kill the target player 3 points, while regular player 1 point.
The first team that achieved 50 points win.
2 sabers and 2 blasters only.

Replies

• DXlolman
    834 posts Member
    edited August 14
    Well the early on pay to win mechanics ruined the chances of that.
    And now star card stats and levelling also ruined that too as they are important to playing the game.
    The thing about all those competitive game was they all based on skill and not levelling systems like BF2 2017 has.
    Plus they used private matches and loads more cosmetics to show off.

Only way BF2 2017 can enter e-sports is to do an entire rework of their game (which will anger the Media and the player base more than before) and EA to Host E-Sports event (which is taking heavy fire from Media and Congress right now).
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • BigSwaggy88
    403 posts Member
    edited August 14
    With how much bugs are in this game competitive would never work
  • With how much bugs are in this game competitive would never work

Yup
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• Add infantry only Cargo.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • agree that this game needs competitive.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • They need to change Hero Showdown to be competitive HvV where only the people that have lvl 40+ characters can play and gain constant double XP for playing.
  • CC_1010
    1801 posts Member
    I agree. I just played a bit alone again(I play with 2-3 friends for a few months now that added me).
    Oh my god it is infuriating!!!! So infuriating! They almost never stick together and the enemy team then goes 4on1 on you. I just started to write down my KD ratio. I did and everything was just ok until that one match where everyone on my team rage quitted and I was alone. Later few people join but all hope was lost.
  • This Game was never meant to be an Conpetitive E sports esque expirience.
    Every single design choice makes this blatantly clear.
    Its a casual FPS with great emphasize on atmosphere, immersion and fun. And thats ok.

A Game can be great although you just pop in for an hour or two play some Games and pop out again(thats how i do it whenever i need a break from League btw).

Making this Game competitive would probably go against 90% of the players who play this Game for fun.
    To have an hour or two of Star Wars maybe with some friends and habe fun maybe troll around a little.

I get why you want this to be competitive(more serious Gameplay, evenly skilled matches etc) the problem is the players this Game is catered too are mostly casuals.
    As someone before eluded to make this Game competitive you would basically have to make a new Game(i wont go on the whys and hows cause that would be too long of a post).

Be happy with the Game you have, go in Games with the mindset of havin fun and maybe troll some noobs(by 1vs 1 a tank with jetpack or a STAP great fun i promise)
    Have some star Warsy moments and be excited for whats to come.

I know some guys are gonna flame me hardcore for this and thats okay. COME TO THE DARK SIDE... we have cookies.

Cheers
  • Ppong_Man12
    2611 posts Member
    edited August 15
    This Game was never meant to be an Conpetitive E sports esque expirience.
    Every single design choice makes this blatantly clear.
    Its a casual FPS with great emphasize on atmosphere, immersion and fun. And thats ok.

A Game can be great although you just pop in for an hour or two play some Games and pop out again(thats how i do it whenever i need a break from League btw).

Making this Game competitive would probably go against 90% of the players who play this Game for fun.
    To have an hour or two of Star Wars maybe with some friends and habe fun maybe troll around a little.

I get why you want this to be competitive(more serious Gameplay, evenly skilled matches etc) the problem is the players this Game is catered too are mostly casuals.
    As someone before eluded to make this Game competitive you would basically have to make a new Game(i wont go on the whys and hows cause that would be too long of a post).

Be happy with the Game you have, go in Games with the mindset of havin fun and maybe troll some noobs(by 1vs 1 a tank with jetpack or a STAP great fun i promise)
    Have some star Warsy moments and be excited for whats to come.

I know some guys are gonna flame me hardcore for this and thats okay. COME TO THE DARK SIDE... we have cookies.

Cheers

Man your spot on 100%, and as much as I would love a Starwars esports competitive scene this game isn’t capable, even as basic infantry. The issues as you stated are in the design of the game and as stated it would literally take a complete game remake.

I also agree that the majority of this Pb doesn’t want that type of game, the ones that did have mostly moved on. It’s a shame we can’t have both. Esports Starwars would be so much more interesting that the typical generic shooters imo