criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Add Option to turn off customizations clientside!

Cyro
389 posts Member
I've got a riddle for you, Dice:

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Do you notice something? No? Let me enlighten you:
Like 99% of all Battlefront 2 (2005) mods feature homogeneous Clone Army appearences. Weird, huh? It's almost like players would actually enjoy the experience of fighting in a UNIFORMED team that looks and feels like an immersive Star Wars experience. But you cant make profit from that, right?....

So heres the Solution, if you're unwilling to make the classes fitting the planets...

Give us a point in the Menu that's called "Toggle Customizations on/off"
when on...the game remains at it's current state. just people running arround with random skins, ruining the immersion to many players.
when off...every trooper uses the same skin as you do! you select the 91st skin for assault? every assaulter uses the 91st skin. you selected 41st camo scouts for heavy? so does any other player.

an alternative which i would enjoy alot would be the following:

how about creating a new section in the customization menu...that allows you to individually customize one teams apperance for EACH planet? like you can hit "Kashyyyk" and then define what class of wich side should look how. so players could create their absolute individual experience and even the die hard fans who want immersion are pleased!

if you dont...you only prove you give more about those players who only select a skin to shove them down our throats, instead of selecting them because they like playing as this particular Unit.

Look, there are even TONS of mods for YOUR BF2 from players who just wanted to correct this horrible mistakt of random clone-mixes!

maxresdefault.jpg

dont ignore those players...they make up for a large part of your community! -.- give us an EXPERIENCE instead of a festival of individualism!

Replies

• Cyro wrote: »
    I've got a riddle for you, Dice:

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Do you notice something? No? Let me enlighten you:
    Like 99% of all Battlefront 2 (2005) mods feature homogeneous Clone Army appearences. Weird, huh? It's almost like players would actually enjoy the experience of fighting in a UNIFORMED team that looks and feels like an immersive Star Wars experience. But you cant make profit from that, right?....

So heres the Solution, if you're unwilling to make the classes fitting the planets...

Give us a point in the Menu that's called "Toggle Customizations on/off"
    when on...the game remains at it's current state. just people running arround with random skins, ruining the immersion to many players.
    when off...every trooper uses the same skin as you do! you select the 91st skin for assault? every assaulter uses the 91st skin. you selected 41st camo scouts for heavy? so does any other player.

an alternative which i would enjoy alot would be the following:

how about creating a new section in the customization menu...that allows you to individually customize one teams apperance for EACH planet? like you can hit "Kashyyyk" and then define what class of wich side should look how. so players could create their absolute individual experience and even the die hard fans who want immersion are pleased!

if you dont...you only prove you give more about those players who only select a skin to shove them down our throats, instead of selecting them because they like playing as this particular Unit.

Look, there are even TONS of mods for YOUR BF2 from players who just wanted to correct this horrible mistakt of random clone-mixes!

maxresdefault.jpg

dont ignore those players...they make up for a large part of your community! -.- give us an EXPERIENCE instead of a festival of individualism!

This feature would actually be pretty cool.
  • Also, I forgot how awesome the menu mod looks.
  • Hey this is brilliant, should be addressed. Devs what are you doing? Are we gonna be forced to see phase 1 kasshyyk skins for every single map every time?
  • Legion and phase mixing should've never been a thing
  • I long for the day that I never have to see that awful camo clone (no offense dice) for either phase. Also I really like that last sentence and I think that's exactly what most of us want. An experience, not a festival of individualism.

What's most painful for me is watching the films and the show and seeing exactly which troopers fought on which planets. Yes, there are instances of mixed legion fighting which is something that is totally plausible BUT it is rare and I don't think you ever see more than two legions fighting in the same battle.