criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Tried SA After Not Playing Since The Game Came Out...Mode's Horrible.

Laser921
2071 posts Member
I dont get how people enjoy this mode. You get hit from every which direction and cant even tell whats shooting you, hero ships get torn up pretty dang quickly, and to top it off, the defending team always seems at a disadvantage. Oh, and I forget, the freaking stuns are worse in this mode the Ga or Heroes, the y wing and Yoda stuns last way to long and shouldnt affect hero ships nearly as long as they do
Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force

Replies

• Dice sure like their stuns :D
  • Im afraid this is a git gud situation.

There are red arrows on your hud indicating the direction enemies are and if someone fires at you their arrow will be orange.

Hero ships can last all game easily. Ill last.in poe or tallie the whole game.
  • Well if they actually continued support and development for starfighters and their modes, it would be lot more fun and less buggy. I got this game for the Starfighters and very dissatisfied that they haven't done more with it. So much potential abandoned.
  • Chico
    415 posts Member
    Im afraid this is a git gud situation.

There are red arrows on your hud indicating the direction enemies are and if someone fires at you their arrow will be orange.

On the xbox European server it is impossible to git gud if you aren't already. And you know exactly why.
  • Chico wrote: »

On the xbox European server it is impossible to git gud if you aren't already. And you know exactly why.

Because of EuroDemmy?
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.

Im on the European Xbox server, it is NOT impossible to git gud
  • It depends a lot on the other players, with a fairly balanced game it can be good fun but with a party of "veteran players" spawn camping by running attack loops it's truly awful.

I played in a lobby last night where the teams were balanced 12-10, so in theory not too bad. As part of the smaller team and after getting a few points, I entered the spawn, wipeout, respawn cycle and I had a look at the scoreboard screen. Half the opposing team were on 50+ kill streaks with ship levels in the 100s. The highest kill total on the small team was 4!. You could see new players joining the lobby, spawn in, get wiped, respawn, get wiped again and quit, all within the space of a minute.

Of course you can get horribly unbalanced games in the other modes but if your poor trooper gets wiped out by the enemy repeatedly at least you'll be earning battlepoints for your sacrifice so there is some motivation to stick at it. With an unbalanced starfighter game there is little reason not to quit. Hence less and less players can be bothered with it. Personally I'd like to see the spawn points made more random and a similar Battlepoint progression to the other modes.

RiNTU.gif
  • We need Death Star trench run!
  • Chico
    415 posts Member
    edited August 17
    Chico wrote: »

Every time I try to play, LL, GD and BY are partied up. They always get the hero ships, so if you are on their team you won't get one. If you are on the other team you will struggle to get out of spawn zone before dying. That is my experience anyway.
  • I usually dont play SA alot but decided to have a go today and I think Its pretty fun, managed to finish top4 and I rarely play that mode. Its all about common sense, If youre getting shot as a hero you need to hide behind or under something far from all the chaos until you regenerate, Its easy to do that using the Scmitar.
  • The problem with the game mode is that high level players can deal more damage and take less
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • There's no servers on my region and I barely played 10 matches since February
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • We need Death Star trench run!

this
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    There's no servers on my region and I barely played 10 matches since February

Change your ping site/region within the options to USA virginia or Germany.

3b81ofd486mu.jpg

• Actually, the times I played the mode it was just awesome - definitely one of the best aspects about this game. It even has less bugs and issues / imbalances as the main ground-based modes and is free of such "events" like Heroes unleashed

Every time I try to play, LL, GD and BY are partied up. They always get the hero ships, so if you are on their team you won't get one. If you are on the other team you will struggle to get out of spawn zone before dying. That is my experience anyway.

Yeah sorry about that mate i am LL.

Oh what's with the codenames gentlemen?
    You mean Luci, Goon and Baba?
    My names Prince.
    And you just made a big mistake.
    What will you do now there are 7 of us I wonder?
    Think they are bad?
    As stated in a very popular cult classic
    "Don't F**k with the originals"

Regards, PRINCE G1XWX UK
    🇬🇧
    WE ARE COMING
    DONT YOU DARE TAKE A CRACK AT MY GUYS INTEGRITY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T FLY.

Prepare for a hurricane that will lockers single lobby down like you've never seen before.

I'm back.

Run.
  • CC_1010
    1813 posts Member

Oh what's with the codenames gentlemen?
    You mean Luci, Goon and Baba?
    My names Prince.
    And you just made a big mistake.
    What will you do now there are 7 of us I wonder?
    Think they are bad?
    As stated in a very popular cult classic
    "Don't F**k with the originals"

Regards, PRINCE G1XWX UK
    🇬🇧
    WE ARE COMING
    DONT YOU DARE TAKE A CRACK AT MY GUYS INTEGRITY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T FLY.

Prepare for a hurricane that will lockers single lobby down like you've never seen before.

I'm back.

Run.

What?
  • Laser921 wrote: »
    I dont get how people enjoy this mode. You get hit from every which direction and cant even tell whats shooting you, hero ships get torn up pretty dang quickly, and to top it off, the defending team always seems at a disadvantage. Oh, and I forget, the freaking stuns are worse in this mode the Ga or Heroes, the y wing and Yoda stuns last way to long and shouldnt affect hero ships nearly as long as they do

I hate to say it. SA is the hardest mode to acclimate to. That also being said, play it more instead of complaining that you're not good at it. Most seasoned SA players still play this because it's the best mode.
  • Chico
    415 posts Member

I know. Hey, doesn't really bother me, I prefer GA anyway. Just feel sorry for the noobs who want to learn the mode.