criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Stalkers

OcDoc
1858 posts Member
edited August 15
So every time F8RGE posts in a thread there seems to be a little group of people that immediately jump on him and go completely off topic to serve their own interests.

I find it pathetic.

Let thread posters get answers to their questions and stop trying to interrupt their thread because you want to puff out your chest or DEMAND an answer to a topic you deem more important than the one being addressed.

All you are doing is annoying people and keeping the devs from posting future direct communications. You are actually making things worse, not better.

[Mod edit: title edited as calling out Community Managers and Officials is not allowed on the forums]
Post edited by IIPrest0nII on

Replies

• Agree. It’s just plain rude. You completely ignore what they have to say just to push your silly ideas.
  • Alex64
    7657 posts Member
    Those are the clone wars fans, they tend to argue about everything
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • Alwe15
    1032 posts Member
    Alex64 wrote: »

You need to get over this deep seated hatred of CW fans, who of late have been incredibly quiet and content given the year's worth of content.
  • Alex64
    7657 posts Member
    Alwe15 wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »

You need to get over this deep seated hatred of CW fans, who of late have been incredibly quiet and content given the year's worth of content.

I've seen by my own eyes how they were arguing about a clone skin with him.
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • The OT elitists are just as guilty of this, if not more, than the CW fans.
  • They tend to answer the questions that don’t serve the majority, or (easy) ones
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    So every time F8RGE posts in a thread there seems to be a little group of people that immediately jump on him and go completely off topic to serve their own interests.

I find it pathetic.

Let thread posters get answers to their questions and stop trying to interrupt their thread because you want to puff out your chest or DEMAND an answer to a topic you deem more important than the one being addressed.

All you are doing is annoying people and keeping the devs from posting future direct communications. You are actually making things worse, not better.

[Mod edit: title edited as calling out Community Managers and Officials is not allowed on the forums]

While we're on this topic, let's talk about the Target System!

Kidding! ;) :p ;) :p ;)

ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • They tend to answer the questions that don’t serve the majority, or (easy) ones

Yup.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • OcDoc
    1858 posts Member
    They tend to answer the questions that don’t serve the majority, or (easy) ones

That doesn’t make it right. And it isn’t like the interjection gets a response that validates their tirade.

If someone chimes in, it should at least be on topic with the premise of the thread or the developers comment.

Currently the way things are being done, it incentivized the devs not to comment because it gives a platform to some very unreasonable comments that will follow.

• OcDoc wrote: »

That doesn’t make it right. And it isn’t like the interjection gets a response that validates their tirade.

If someone chimes in, it should at least be on topic with the premise of the thread or the developers comment.

Currently the way things are being done, it incentivized the devs not to comment because it gives a platform to some very unreasonable comments that will follow.

You’re over exaggerating by saying tirad. People just want simple answers for things that we don’t get answers to, it’s not that horrible. It’s okay. They hardly comment anyway and it’s not because of us, maybe that’s why people keep asking 🤭🧐.
  • OcDoc
    1858 posts Member
    OcDoc wrote: »

You’re over exaggerating by saying tirad. People just want simple answers for things that we don’t get answers to, it’s not that horrible. It’s okay. They hardly comment anyway and it’s not because of us, maybe that’s why people keep asking 🤭🧐.

Just to be clear, it isn’t everyone that does what I am saying I have a problem with.

But let me give one quick example from the first thread I just now came to with a developer response...

Someone posts about reaching level 1000 with Iden. F8RGE responds with a comment of congratulations. A few posts later we see this - “Is “On a roll” milestone bug? I constantly asking you this question on a bunch of posts but you don’t you respond to me.”

That happens all the time and I am not trying to single out that comment it is just the first one I read. I simply don’t think it is appropriate to hijack a thread like that and come at a dev for responding to someone else’s comment.

I don’t really have anything else to say in the topic (I don’t think). I just want people to see what is going on and consider that perhaps it isn’t the best way to handle things.
  • Ben is a great man. I've seen what you're talking about quite often, but I just figured that's the way people are going to act. Self centered and off topic questions? It's the spirit of the internet.