criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Droidekas are still underpowered

Droidekas still are underpowered. They should cost more but be more effective. If I see droideka near me I just roll backwards while it’s transforming and his damage will have dropped off so badly that I’m more than a match for it. They can be good in close range and in groups but seriously they need to be a bit better. In the clone wars even master Yoda was cautious around them. Hopefully if/when commandos come out they will get a proper buff.

Replies

• Versatti
    2113 posts Member
    Don’t worry, they’ll be buffed when the commandos are launched.
  • Versatti wrote: »

@Versatti i hope so, commandos will hopefully be revealed next week
  • CC_1010
    1751 posts Member
    edited August 15
    Versatti wrote: »

Just image a beefed up V1 ARC Trooper! They can 2 shot heroes across the map lol.
  • Lyc4n
    1123 posts Member
    Well this is currently a theory going around ive seen. Someone on the dev team mentioned how clone commandos would be much better counters to the droideka because they are so powerfull compared to the bx. However if they are on the same power level as droideka they will probably have to cost 1000 bp and therefor not be this really powerfull unit??

So the theory is that they will add republic commandos that will be very powerfull and buff the droideka and bp cost accordingly.

Equally though why introduce the droideka in its current state if they plan to heavily buff it and almost change the whole close quarters playstyle with it?
  • True, but for only 1k points they're fine
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • For 1,000 battle points they go on some nice killstreaks
  • Agreed. Up them to 2,000 bp cost but improve their mid-range damage output, transformation time and give them some kind of damage reduction (something small, maybe 5-10%) when rolling (or during their transformations).
  • Lyc4n
    1123 posts Member
    Werowe4 wrote: »
    Agreed. Up them to 2,000 bp cost but improve their mid-range damage output, transformation time and give them some kind of damage reduction (something small, maybe 5-10%) when rolling (or during their transformations).

This could make them pretty op, they might need to be raised to 3k, if not no one would ever pick a super battledroid because a droideka would be better for the same
  • Lyc4n wrote: »
    Agreed. Up them to 2,000 bp cost but improve their mid-range damage output, transformation time and give them some kind of damage reduction (something small, maybe 5-10%) when rolling (or during their transformations).

This could make them pretty op, they might need to be raised to 3k, if not no one would ever pick a super battledroid because a droideka would be better for the same

No one uses the super battle droid now
  • Alex64
    7603 posts Member
    Droidekas are horrible
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.

While I don’t necessarily agree, to offset this possibility, maybe pair these changes with an additional reduction in the bp earnings possible with droideka’s (so they’d kind of be part of their own “super enforcer” class) so as to reduce the total on the field at a given time and make players more consciously choose going with a droideka over one of the other enforcer/reinforcement options.
  • Werowe4
    179 posts Member
    edited August 16
    MinuteMaid wrote: »
    Lyc4n wrote: »

Idk; I see a decent showing for them on the ship phases in CS, especially when the droids are on defense.
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1272 posts Member
    edited August 16
    If you attack by enemy back, the Droideka is a good unit in maps like Kashyyyk or Geonosis.
    I prefer that this would be more expensive but do more damage in medium distances.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • ZephanUnbound
    3010 posts Member
    edited August 16
    Hopefully they get buffed when the Clone Commandos arrive. I’d like to see both Clone Commandos and Droidekas set at 2000 BP with corresponding power.

Droidekas need:
    • Movement speed in walking form increased by 30%
    • Damage drop-off start distance increased from 10 meters to 15 meters
    • Damage drop-off end distance increased from 30 to 35 meters
    • Minimum damage increased from 5+5 to 10+5
    • 20% damage reduction while transforming
    Post edited by ZephanUnbound on
  • Droidekas need:
    -Movement speed in walking form increased by 40%
    Disagree with this part - increasing the Droideka walking speed by that much would definitely change its place style substantially (and not really be canon either, if one takes that into consideration) and, in my opinion, really seal it as an OP unit. Deployment choice (when and where) is the key skill component for Droideka players and increasing its walking speed would make (assuming the other buffs, but even, I think, in its current form) the unit far more forgiving to misplays and, thus, combined with its status as an enforcer with serious damage output (at close range for now at least) and decent defense, would result in the Droideka’s being labeled, fairly, as an OP unit in multiplayer.
  • MinuteMaid wrote: »

Oh I don’t think so
  • Lyc4n
    1123 posts Member
    I started using the super battle droid the other day and they are honestly better than the droideka in many situations. The droideka is amazing at what its good at but its very bad with its weaknesses. The super battle droid is just an all rounded enforcer good damage at all ranges, really damage a hero with overload and the rocket. I think they have become really underrated.
  • Werowe4 wrote: »
    Droidekas need:
    -Movement speed in walking form increased by 40%
    Disagree with this part - increasing the Droideka walking speed by that much would definitely change its place style substantially (and not really be canon either, if one takes that into consideration) and, in my opinion, really seal it as an OP unit. Deployment choice (when and where) is the key skill component for Droideka players and increasing its walking speed would make (assuming the other buffs, but even, I think, in its current form) the unit far more forgiving to misplays and, thus, combined with its status as an enforcer with serious damage output (at close range for now at least) and decent defense, would result in the Droideka’s being labeled, fairly, as an OP unit in multiplayer.

My proposed speed increase would increase the speed to around the droideka speed from Battlefront 2 (2005), that is what I'd like to see. As for on screen speed, we actually did see droidekas that could walk pretty quickly during the battle of Geonosis, they walked even faster than my proposed speed change. But I would accept just a 30% increase. It definitely needs to be faster than it is now. The current pace is way too slow, especially since you have to wait a few seconds before you can go back into ball form if you deploy in the wrong spot.
    I started using the super battle droid the other day and they are honestly better than the droideka in many situations. The droideka is amazing at what its good at but its very bad with its weaknesses. The super battle droid is just an all rounded enforcer good damage at all ranges, really damage a hero with overload and the rocket. I think they have become really underrated.

1000% agreed. Been telling my buds it’s the most underrated and overlooked reinforcement. My favorite one right now.
  • Lyc4n
    1123 posts Member

1000% agreed. Been telling my buds it’s the most underrated and overlooked reinforcement. My favorite one right now.

Yh 100% equally though i guess if you can get 2 droidekas that offer battle points at a quicker rate and if you know how to play it a droideka at the moment will most of the time be more effective.
  • If Commandos are like the rest of enforcers will be worthless
  • Lyc4n
    1123 posts Member
    SQJACKIE wrote: »
    If Commandos are like the rest of enforcers will be worthless

Really hope they make them really good, even if they cost 3k bp. They naturally have better armour than arcs which justifies more health as well as having superior equipment that can be used at different ranges. They should be better than arc troopers overall and therefore justify a 3k bp or at least 2.5k
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1272 posts Member
    edited August 17

Really hope they make them really good, even if they cost 3k bp. They naturally have better armour than arcs which justifies more health as well as having superior equipment that can be used at different ranges. They should be better than arc troopers overall and therefore justify a 3k bp or at least 2.5k

I agree it and they should improve the droideka increasing the damage in medium range and increase the price to.

These would be a expensive enforcers.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Lyc4n
    1123 posts Member

I agree it and they should improve the droideka increasing the damage in medium range and increase the price to.

These would be a expensive enforcers.

Yeah 100% like almost as good as threatening as a hero but not quite