criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

Heroes Unleashed, what this game was supposed to be

Heroes unleashed is back and I've said it before and I'll say it again, it needs to be permanent. I held a tally with all the players on playstation I knew and none of them use reddit or the battlefront forum but ALL of them want heroes unleashed to be permanent. Not to mention just an hour ago we had a 20 man team on galactic assault because everyone loves this game mode. Please make it permanent.

Replies

• Is it live?
  • Ppong_Man12
    2632 posts Member
    edited August 16
    At least I’m finding some full lobbies though most seem to be the premade tryhard type lol.
    Post edited by Ppong_Man12 on
  • Defbored
    1548 posts Member
    It’s fun. And I really enjoy it but I wouldn’t want it permanent. It’s too much madness.
  • I don’t want it permanent, it’s good as an event as it’s a good change of pace but don’t make it permanent
  • OcDoc
    1868 posts Member
    Love the event and would be good with permanent but it should NOT be a REPLACEMENT for the original GA.
  • Heroes unleashed is back and I've said it before and I'll say it again, it needs to be permanent. I held a tally with all the players on playstation I knew and none of them use reddit or the battlefront forum but ALL of them want heroes unleashed to be permanent. Not to mention just an hour ago we had a 20 man team on galactic assault because everyone loves this game mode. Please make it permanent.

Are you out of your mind? Complete chaos every GA round? 1 or 2 heroes per team is enough.
  • Heroes unleashed is back and I've said it before and I'll say it again, it needs to be permanent. I held a tally with all the players on playstation I knew and none of them use reddit or the battlefront forum but ALL of them want heroes unleashed to be permanent. Not to mention just an hour ago we had a 20 man team on galactic assault because everyone loves this game mode. Please make it permanent.

Why are your friends a more reliable sample to take an accurate assessment of the whether or not this should be permanent compared to that of the forums/reddit? I mean first we would need to know exactly why you are friends with these people in the first place. Perhaps you are friends because you like similar aspects of the game, including HU, and that could bring in a certain bias and make you and your friends an unreliable point to draw a conclusion from.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    How can Heroes Unleashed be what this game should be when it originated from a glitch?

Exactly. Gonna be interesting to see what excuse those in denial come up with now...
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Lol a 20 man premade:/

No...
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• CeymalRen wrote: »
    It's a terrible event. The balance is whack and there is no way I will play that thing. Looks like extraction, strike and blast weekend for me.

Also @F8RGE Any news on the era locked hero event? Why was that done only once? I know not everyone enjoyed that one but come on. Once every 6m you guys could throw us a bone.

Was there actually a hero era locked event in GA? It's so vaguely familiar I can't tell if it's a real memory or not haha
    It's a terrible event. The balance is whack and there is no way I will play that thing. Looks like extraction, strike and blast weekend for me.

Also @F8RGE Any news on the era locked hero event? Why was that done only once? I know not everyone enjoyed that one but come on. Once every 6m you guys could throw us a bone.

Was there actually a hero era locked event in GA? It's so vaguely familiar I can't tell if it's a real memory or not haha

Yes. It wasn't as popular as HU as you can imagine but no one is asking for it every month (well I am but that's besides the point). I would like DICE to acknowledge that they care about the people who are asking for hero lock since launch.
  • I think we may get a form of HEROES UNLEASHED made permanent. The PVE modes may bring a customizable version of this. I can see the large scale PVE having the option to include ALL heroes from start of match, and I can see the option to include ONLY all era-specific heroes from start of match as well. This would stratch the itch of the folks who love the concept of HUE but maybe not the execution or what the utter chaos does to the balance of the game.
    CeymalRen wrote: »

Yes. It wasn't as popular as HU as you can imagine but no one is asking for it every month (well I am but that's besides the point). I would like DICE to acknowledge that they care about the people who are asking for hero lock since launch.

Hmm, well I think CS being completely devoted to era lock was them acknowledging that. And they almost definately will bring other era's into that mode. So it's not like you guys didn't get quite a lot of what you asked for.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Heroes unleashed is back and I've said it before and I'll say it again, it needs to be permanent. I held a tally with all the players on playstation I knew and none of them use reddit or the battlefront forum but ALL of them want heroes unleashed to be permanent. Not to mention just an hour ago we had a 20 man team on galactic assault because everyone loves this game mode. Please make it permanent.

Make Heroes Unleashed permanent and you will kill the game

Nah dice is already killing the game patch by patch
  • ROMG4
    2893 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »

Nah dice is already killing the game patch by patch

The game has been dying for me since May-June 2018. That's when Hero combat went completely down-hill with the gutting of rolling which was a big nerf to blaster heroes and a huge buff that made button mashing viable and the meta tactic. Also the point where Heroes began to become the only priority for DICE, and balancing for them unfortunately wasn't

To this day I've never had as much fun in-game as I had back before roll was changed and infantry were repeatedly nerfed. The fun I do have has been lowered over and over again to the point I only play the game now to listen to music, wait for OOM-9 to release, or when I remember the fun I used to have
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • I'll admit it can be fun for maybe few matches, but then its charm wears off fast. If you're a Trooper player, the experience quickly turns into the un-fun grind of getting slaughtered left, right, and center.
  • At-Sts are good choice this weekend. So nice to crush heroes on Crait.
  • permanent ? really ? if yes, we must have the option to play the regular mode . i don't like this mode because every single game i played, people only care about playing a hero and don't mind about playing the objectives. it was like playing HvV on a large map .
  • Heroes unleashed = Battlefront II 2017 Soy less edition, simple as that.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    It’s fun. And I really enjoy it but I wouldn’t want it permanent. It’s too much madness.

Perfectly said. I’m one of those “Hero Gods” y’all complain about every three minutes but even I don’t want this permanently.

The only thing I want permanent (sort of) is fast spawn. 10 seconds is too long. Make it 5 or 6
  • At-Sts are good choice this weekend. So nice to crush heroes on Crait.

My favorite thing this weekend will be telling my squad to fall back with all 4 of us heroes and letting you capture the second phase in less than a minute. Won’t be fun for you. Then final phase you can’t even push out of spawn. That’s what I do for fun
  • UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    At-Sts are good choice this weekend. So nice to crush heroes on Crait.

My favorite thing this weekend will be telling my squad to fall back with all 4 of us heroes and letting you capture the second phase in less than a minute. Won’t be fun for you. Then final phase you can’t even push out of spawn. That’s what I do for fun

Didnt happen couple of moments ago... over 50tickets left and generators destroyed. How is that possible?
  • UhOhItsJus wrote: »
    At-Sts are good choice this weekend. So nice to crush heroes on Crait.

Didnt happen couple of moments ago... over 50tickets left and generators destroyed. How is that possible?

Because you weren’t facing me, duh
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    Love the event and would be good with permanent but it should NOT be a REPLACEMENT for the original GA.

If HU was made permanent then GA should be converted to a non hero mode. The player population should be large enough to support both modes. I’d play both modes if that were the case. EA might be able to satisfy both groups, heroes and troopers, with this change so therefore it’s unlikely to happen.
    #StarWars-y
  • WodiQuix
    4559 posts Member
    Ugh. This just sucks. GA is just a horrible unbalanced mess.

If HU was made permanent then GA should be converted to a non hero mode. The player population should be large enough to support both modes. I’d play both modes if that were the case. EA might be able to satisfy both groups, heroes and troopers, with this change so therefore it’s unlikely to happen.

Agree, have HU and infantry only GA as the main modes, how could that not satisfy everyone. The only thing I could think of is some hero mains may not like it due to not gettin the usual kill streaks vs weaker infantry units.

Still, it gives an unlimited supply of heroes for the guys that love hero play... and a turning point type GA would more that satisfy the trooper crowd imo.

Man, I’ve wanted this for a very long time.
  • HU is intense. Most fun this game has to offer.

It absolutely needs to be its own separate mode.

This will never happen.
  • Unlimitedpowerrr
    31 posts Member
    edited August 17
    I have made literally countless arguments on why this should be permanent. Theres no response other then it'll break the player base into two. And thats not enough

It’s already dead. It just all those bugs that make it look like it’s twitching.

False.
  • Ha! I love jumping in a game and one side is loaded with heroes and the side I'm on can't get 5 kills and then the match is a walk backwards to a walk forwards. Nope not going to do it today. Tried one match going to play bf2015 this weekend. Plus the lag bug nope.
  • Laser921
    2072 posts Member
    Im going to disagree with ya bud. The event is trash, lag, button mashing, abilities not working? No thank you. Now if they fix that? Sure, whatever, I dont mind being able to pick Luke a heck of a lot more than I do normally but no, because it always screws things up, no. Just not
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Agree 100%, it should be the only mode.
    Please delete all other modes and only keep showdowns and heroes unleased.

This is literally the WORST POST in the FORUM, Hero Unleashed should remain as an event and not become permanent
  • It would have been more complete I think if they had done that. That would have been everyone's first impression if so. I find that when its HU I honestly don't care so much about the objectives, I just play the game.