criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Heroes unleashed - The event that enhances everything wrong with this game.

Prev1
What kind of devilish mind altering substance have you been using that induced your mind to think forcing this "event" on me is good Dice? This game at Its "normal" state could already be classified as heroes unleashed, standard CS is programmed to reward BP at a ridiculously faster rate than GA for some reason when heroes only cost 4K, the only thing that makes It slightly better than GA is thay they are 2 per side and era accurate . But now we will see them plaguing the game like parasites every millisecond . In this weekend theres no battlefront for me and I will delete this waste of space because you made the only mode I play to become impure. You should discard your ideas of "events" you force routinely on people and learn some creativity, because they either are content restricting or game breaking. Time to formulate new ones or find a way to not force It on us.

Replies

  • David1543 wrote: »
    Why do you bother? You must 100%!! know by now that you will never get your way. Devs even said they will never change the amount of heroes to be less than 2 per team and 4 at the end phase. So what's the point of these threads now?

    More CNN fake news from you and bet you cant prove with actual sources. Go look at my first thread where I requested for era lock, F8RGE said they were not planning to ever change how heroes worked at that time but fast foward today... Yes It did change for CS. These threads influence the devs because they are rational and get half the community to support me.

    That's the quote I'm talking about. They are happy with how it is and I explained how it is exactly. How can that be fake news? Also yeah only half agree with you. The half that play CS and want GA to be the same. The other half just play GA and are happy with it how it is. So we got a good balanced with what the community wants right? 50% GA and 50% CS. You said it yourself. So 2 game modes for both halves of the community. But hey, I'd like you to provide actual sources of that 50% :P
  • Cross-era heroes in GA, more than two heroes per side in GA, and Heroes Unleashed event are the three worst features ever brought into this game that make the experience trash.

    You'll only get 2 villans in the sequel trilogy so there you go
  • I actually went back and checked F8rges reply to your era lock thing on your January 22 thread and he said he won't make an authentic experience obviously they eventually decided to. But his response got 12 agree 2 likes and 5 awesome and 8 LOL and you think that post had a huge effect on their decision to go era lock on CS? Haha seems that his reply in your thread reflected the majority agreed completely with f8rge and liked the cross era in GA.
  • Lyc4n
    1123 posts Member
    Im pretty sure the hero number in cs is meant to stay at 2 anyway they just cost less Nd seeing as theres almost always 2 on the battlefield anyway, cs isnt getting changed for this event. Stop crying.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    w78489tjk72c.gif
    5char

    Yes, yes, we know. Your a saber main.

    Please tell us more how it takes extreme amounts of skill to go on a killstreak in a casual game with characters that have anywhere from 600-900hp with high mobility and get out of jail free ability powers

    Truly the definition of skill and fun having to fight these things which are now more common then infantry, thanks to HU. Sigh, I'd give anything to have wall-hack palpatine back for these events, though I won't be playing anyway. I've played HU enough times to know it's a trash fire of an event that shouldn't supercede the actual GA event but it does anyway

    If your good enough you shouldn't need HU to play as a Hero anyway

    1. Who said I'm a saber main? I enjoy sabers and blasters equally.
    2. I enjoy trooper play and hero play.
    3. Who gives a crap about what a handful of players define as skill when this is a casual game.
    4. Everyone is entitled to their opinion you can dislike heroes that is fine. But the way that this guy continues to convey his opinion makes him come off as a hypocritical a hole. He insults the intelligence of those who disagree with him, he claims to speak for the majority of players, and he claims the game is trash and he uninstalled yet still continues to spam the forums with thread after thread complaining about the same thing. *****.
    5. I enjoy HU when it comes around but no I have no problem getting the hero in normal Ga.
    6. That is all have a great day @ROMG4! MTFBWY😘
  • I'm not a fan of this event either, but for a weekend it's not much of a deal, just don't take the game to serious in this time or play some other games. Maybe go out with your friends and do something else.

    About the core game mechanics you don't like, i just want to say that much other players like how the game works right now too. There is not only you and some others who hate how heroes work in this game, there is also more then enough players who like how they work right now. I also think that the majority of players who enjoys the game not even visit the forums, because they have nothing to complain about.
  • David1543 wrote: »
    Cross-era heroes in GA, more than two heroes per side in GA, and Heroes Unleashed event are the three worst features ever brought into this game that make the experience trash.

    Congrats, you are the first to post something intelligent here.

    Just leave this "trash" Battlefront II, re-install "good" Battlefront II and play it, what's problem?
  • Laser921
    2060 posts Member
    I dont mind it I just wish abilities worked more consistently. It always seems during heroes unleashed that abilities dont work more often than not, like I play Luke a lot. yesterday I was hitting villains with pushes but nothing happened, just the highlight that they were hit
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • It’s just a weekend event and a majority of the community loves it, just stop, you’ll never get the changes you want

    That's your Uncle talking... . Seriously, I love how you guys just eat that stuff up and take it without regard to context. I have a nice, fantastic ocean-view villa to sell you in southern California. Easy access in to Malibu & Hollywood. Priced to sell!
  • Elephant in the room:

    Bossk is in CS and that is not era locked 😂

    But honestly, I know enough people who think HU is a laugh and if you don't like it, just find another game or game mode to play for that weekend

  • I notice your pp is the original SWB2 2005. The hero's on that were insanely good against infantry
  • Elephant in the room:

    Bossk is in CS and that is not era locked 😂

    But honestly, I know enough people who think HU is a laugh and if you don't like it, just find another game or game mode to play for that weekend

    I think coz he is in the clone wars animated series they consider him apart of CW era as well as OT
  • I notice your pp is the original SWB2 2005. The hero's on that were insanely good against infantry

    Bossk was in the Clown Wars.

    There were never 8 heroes on one map in BF2005.
  • Lawnmow3rMan
    1241 posts Member
    edited August 17
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    3. Who gives a crap about what a handful of players define as skill when this is a casual game.

    A. Language.
    B. If its a casual game, why can't I casually enjoy my trooper? Why can't I get 53,000 Health for my base-4 trooper and 1-shot kill any Hero that casually comes in to my view? Your argument is about as clumsy as Admiral Ozzel's making plans to assault Hoth.
    4. Everyone is entitled to their opinion you can dislike heroes that is fine. But the way that this guy continues to convey his opinion makes him come off as a hypocritical a hole. He insults the intelligence of those who disagree with him, he claims to speak for the majority of players, and he claims the game is trash and he uninstalled yet still continues to spam the forums with thread after thread complaining about the same thing. ????.

    And yet, Hero-lords like yourself continue to chastise and lambast every rational attempt by those who want Trooper play to be a level playing field. Do you know the definition of hypocrisy? Have you not seen the vile quips thrown at the Base-4 protagonists on these forums? Need I remind you of a certain "gif" with a baby crying in it in this very thread? Who insults whom again? Apparently the opinions can only go in 1-direction in your view of the world. No room for "inclusion", apparently.

    So insulting people's intelligence and in general acting like a[removed] is what you consider to be a rational attempt... And yes a holes are my trigger and I fight feces with feces and cry babies with baby gifs. And why should troopers have a level playing field they are not the same tier as heroes my God it's insane to me that you people don't get this. Your side does the exact same thing btw... Inclusion give me a break. And by the way language? Are you kidding me🤣 I guess this is something that I will just have to agree to disagree with you on there are 2 sides of the hero fence and neither one is willing to budge so I'm not going to comment on this guys Spam threads anymore. But have a nice day anyhow😘
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • Ppong_Man12
    2570 posts Member
    edited August 16
    This is why we need to separate games imo, they already have the template with bf15 and now this game. 15 caterers more to infantry and is more the typical shooter and bf2 is primary for hero guys. If Dice would go back and work both games we wouldn’t need a bf3. Add new maps and refinement to bf15 and continue to work on bf2, something for everyone for two very different playerbases that both like Starwars.
  • This is why we need to separate games imo, they already have the template with bf15 and now this game. 15 caterers more to infantry and is more the typical shooter and bf2 is primary for hero guys. If Dice would go back and work both games we wouldn’t need a bf3. Add new maps and refinement to bf15 and continue to work on bf2, something for everyone for two very different playerbases that both like Starwars.

    Interesting idea - doubt DICE would go for it, though. Just fix up rolling on BF2015, add some new maps (or turn on the full DLC / Trench Run addendum again). They need the trooper base to be fodder for the Hero-clan. Not sure the Hero-clan would be content with AI bots for fodder.
  • I don’t love this event but I love how irrational some of these people get when this comes around 😂😂. It’s okay to change up your playlists or not play it. Play as a vehicle to get away from the big bad saber, or if you can’t handle it. It’s a weekend. Some of you sound like y’all just get farmed alllllllll day and that’s silly, these hero lords aren’t invincible....
  • ID_8615 wrote: »
    ID_8615 wrote: »
    3. Who gives a crap about what a handful of players define as skill when this is a casual game.

    A. Language.
    B. If its a casual game, why can't I casually enjoy my trooper? Why can't I get 53,000 Health for my base-4 trooper and 1-shot kill any Hero that casually comes in to my view? Your argument is about as clumsy as Admiral Ozzel's making plans to assault Hoth.
    4. Everyone is entitled to their opinion you can dislike heroes that is fine. But the way that this guy continues to convey his opinion makes him come off as a hypocritical a hole. He insults the intelligence of those who disagree with him, he claims to speak for the majority of players, and he claims the game is trash and he uninstalled yet still continues to spam the forums with thread after thread complaining about the same thing. ????.

    And yet, Hero-lords like yourself continue to chastise and lambast every rational attempt by those who want Trooper play to be a level playing field. Do you know the definition of hypocrisy? Have you not seen the vile quips thrown at the Base-4 protagonists on these forums? Need I remind you of a certain "gif" with a baby crying in it in this very thread? Who insults whom again? Apparently the opinions can only go in 1-direction in your view of the world. No room for "inclusion", apparently.

    So insulting people's intelligence and in general acting like a **** is what you consider to be a rational attempt... And yes a holes are my trigger and I fight feces with feces and cry babies with baby gifs. And why should troopers have a level playing field they are not the same tier as heroes my God it's insane to me that you people don't get this. Your side does the exact same thing btw... Inclusion give me a break. And by the way language? Are you kidding me🤣 I guess this is something that I will just have to agree to disagree with you on there are 2 sides of the hero fence and neither one is willing to budge so I'm not going to comment on this guys Spam threads anymore. But have a nice day anyhow😘

    i. I was banned for a lesser offense. If the moderators let this pass, I'll flip.
    ii. As soon as I pointed out your hypocrisy, you immediately acquiesced with a "well, but they're doing it, too..." line which completely nullifies anything you might have had for the basis of an argument. You called out hypocrites as <expletive>. Look in the mirror much?
    iii. Have a nice day, anyhow. 👍

    If I get banned I get banned either way it doesn't change the facts: Fact- The guy who made this thread is a butthole. Fact- Bf2 will always have heroes. Fact- Troopers are a base unit heroes are a high tier unit. Fact- To me going to the forums of a game that you supposedly hate and spamming it with thread after whiny thread is the definition of hypocrisy. I try to look at both sides of the argument on these forums. I even admit when Im wrong. I have stated there should be a trooper only mode. You anti hero people kill me. Youre to stubborn to see both sides because anyone who disagrees with you is automatically wrong. You dont represent the majority of players like you think. Fact is the majority of players will never find their way to these forums. Nobody is holding a blaster to your head forcing you to play... anywhoo this arguement has become dull and pointless to me. Its like talking to a brick wall so im done with this entire thread now. See you elsewhere...unless i get banned🤣

    How do you know someone isn't holding a blaster to anyone's head?
  • Fact is the majority of players will never find their way to these forums. Nobody is holding a blaster to your head forcing you to play... anywhoo this arguement has become dull and pointless to me. Its like talking to a brick wall so im done with this entire thread now. See you elsewhere...unless i get banned🤣

    If the majority of players will never find their way to these forums, it makes one wonder how you can make statements about the majority either way. So, it could very well be that the majority of players are indeed anti-hero. By the way, I play heroes aplenty... I just do it where the odds are more equal and skill matters more: HvV & Hero Showdown. Playing them on GA & CS is boring.

    Anyhow, I guess we won't be seeing any more of your ba_al retorts: either you've been banned or you're talking to a brick wall, so you're done. Good. 👍 Buh-bye.

  • DICE: "You're welcome"
    wwrwuw4bf4cs.jpg
  • Really not sure this is very constructive.

    Because you dont agree with It?
  • Let's make a petition to get this event to last forever and change normal galatic to this.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!