criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Does anyone play the objective during heroes unleashed in ga?

I've played a couple of matches this morning and lost because no one was focusing on the objective instead people were focused on getting either Anikan and Vader next.

Replies

• OcDoc
    1829 posts Member
    I have played tons of HU and from my experience there is a lot of objective play. There is less need for camping on the selection screen and heroes are constantly engaging one another so to get points you are best off going for the objective in most cases.

However, there a few maps with certain objective types that become so highly contested the objective can’t really be completed. Generally anything with shooting an ION rocket can really get locked down by the opposing team depending on the balance between the teams.
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    I have played tons of HU and from my experience there is a lot of objective play. There is less need for camping on the selection screen and heroes are constantly engaging one another so to get points you are best off going for the objective in most cases.

However, there a few maps with certain objective types that become so highly contested the objective can’t really be completed. Generally anything with shooting an ION rocket can really get locked down by the opposing team depending on the balance between the teams.

It mostly sucks if you're not the defending team. The heroes ruin that balance. Between all 4 clone wars maps in ga I did not win a single match playing as the droids.
  • Always
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber

giphy.gif
  • I played through several full games last night.
  • As with anything it depends on your team. It's the same amount of heros per side and if everyone is doing their job properly those hero's should be engaging with each other.
    If people want heros just to rack up killstreaks they will probably lose the match.
  • I certainly always try. It depends what my team is like though.
    Heroes are born on the battlefront... especially if you play the objective.
    kui7ctmgyzll.png
  • Not anymore because dice, in their infinite wisdom, (more like nonexistent wisdom) no longer allows saber users to hold block while arming/disarming an obj
  • Always objective.
  • jonci
    1087 posts Member
    Increase BP for objective play, cut em down for kills, that stops farming in certain modes so if you want a hero or reinforcement, you objective play to get the points.
  • Who cares what happens during HU. Would rather sit and stare at a wall than play it.
  • My experience is that in most matches the objective gameplay is much higher than usual.
  • I play objective with heroes, and I honestly prefer not to use Anakin or Vader
  • Moojammin_10
    2227 posts Member
    edited August 17
    TjPunx wrote: »
    HU is great for killstreaks. Pto is boring[/q

Each to their own
  • Not really, some people can't given that getting killed upon spawning is very common.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Half the time I don’t even know what or where the objective is in GA matches.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Alex64
    7654 posts Member
    I don't think so
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • It depends - and when heroes do play the objective during HU, it can also unbalance GA games pretty badly. Try using a rocket launcher on Endor or Naboo when you're surrounded by sabre wielders zeroing in on the target painted on your head.
  • I've played a couple of matches this morning and lost because no one was focusing on the objective instead people were focused on getting either Anikan and Vader next.

Yes, this a huge problem about this game regarding hero mechanics (take a look to my other posts, click on my avatar's name)
  • I always PTO, but it’s obvious that a lot of players consider HU glorified HvV and spend their time chasing dots on the mini map.
  • I’ve been avoiding the big game modes during HU for the most part but ended up playing a couple matches of CS just to see how it was going. While I can’t speak to how its going with PTO behavior in GA, players seem to be doing it just fine in CS (easier objectives though - I know). That said, I noticed right away the changed dynamic on the field and had a lot of fun (and laughs, tbh) using a heavy to repeatedly take down overly aggressive players that were definitely still learning the ropes for how to properly use heroes and, to a lesser extent, some of the vehicles (since everyone is spamming vehicles in CS in response to the hero swarm). I just swapped in the ion torpedo card for the vehicles and DC-15LE with explosive shot and then parked myself at command post. I kind of pity all those players (there were a lot) that grabbed a saber hero and then ran up alone and with no cover to try to take the post away from me/my teammates only to be defeated a few seconds later. Besides being still somewhat unsure on the proper play style (and how to hit a dodging/rolling target), I think there were a good number of them that didn’t realize that saber blocking won’t negate damage from explosive shots. I noticed this kind of stuff on both sides during the matches so I doubt I’m the only one who had a bit of fun hunting heroes for a change, lol.

That said, I’m glad this is just a weekend event.
  • No, don't even bother.
    Just plays as an officer, and hang out in the spawn screen and wait to be a hero.
  • RyanK388
    1777 posts Member
    I try to.
    Damned if I don’t try hard without any heroes backing me and I have one or two villains gunning for me
  • MerovechI
    112 posts Member
    edited August 18
    I've had one GA match that made it past the first objective this weekend. One.
    Post edited by MerovechI on
  • WodiQuix
    4559 posts Member
    MerovechI wrote: »
    I've had one GA match that made it passed the first objective this weekend. One.

I haven't been that unlucky, but several have been shut down in Phase I. Can't imagine why.
  • Werowe4
    197 posts Member
    edited August 18
    MerovechI wrote: »
    I've had one GA match that made it past the first objective this weekend. One.

Because of the abundance of heroes on defense?

(Really - im not trolling; I might check out a GA game later today if the difficulty is really up there.)
  • HU is best time to play OBJ, heroes are so cheap. but i gather there are some people who don't and they never will.