criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Can Turning Point come over to BATTLEFRONT II?

I absolutely loved this mode in BATTLEFRONT 2015, with infantry and vehicles in a hectic battle to take control of control points to oust the other team, and not a single Hero in sight. With Heroes in every single large-scale game mode, I'd love for this mode to come back, as I for one am tired of getting cut down and thrown across the map every five seconds by a Hero, even in non-Heroes Unleashed events. Having at least one large-scale Trooper and vehicle only mode would be very welcome.

Replies

• I pretty much only played Turning Point in BF2015. Let me tell ya, that was a lot of months on only Jakku. BFII has been missing a heroless mode. Sadly with these reinforcements that are just as bad as some heroes if not worse I fear Turning Point would turn out to be bad. CS is as close as we’ll get probably.
  • Infantry only Turning Point would be Epic
  • OcDoc
    1864 posts Member
    This game needs some work in diversifying the modes. I am on board with anything as long as it is good and has a minimum of 4 maps. More maps preferred.
  • Extraction: 2 maps
    Ewok hunt: 1 map

More maps before more modes.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Turning Point is basically Galactic Assault now.
    The premise of TP was for the attacking side to take control points and move the enemy backwards and every GA map involves the attacking side trying to take certain points and move the enemy backwards.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • i thought you were asking for this game to get a turning point and actualy become playable/with less bugs :D
    The premise of TP was for the attacking side to take control points and move the enemy backwards and every GA map involves the attacking side trying to take certain points and move the enemy backwards.

The difference being heroes. I’d say bring over TP so troopers have a large objective based mode without the hero spam and change GA to GA HU permanently. Thriving player base should have no problems filling both lobbies. I know I’d play both modes.
    #StarWars-y
  • I’m just watching some gameplay vids of turning point on YT.

Awesome.

Since it seems difficult to port the old maps over, couldn’t the GA maps provide enough space? Or as someone recently suggested the ground phase of CS, but reworked to infantry turning point?

Maps, control points, a timer- couldn’t you, dear Dice, just create a mode out of the existing assets in game?

It saddens me to see all the bf15 content that never made it over.
    I would feel very disappointed to put effort into creating stuff that people enjoy, just to never revisit or build upon it ever again.
  • Please!
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • skincarver wrote: »
    I’m just watching some gameplay vids of turning point on YT.

Awesome.

Since it seems difficult to port the old maps over, couldn’t the GA maps provide enough space? Or as someone recently suggested the ground phase of CS, but reworked to infantry turning point?

Maps, control points, a timer- couldn’t you, dear Dice, just create a mode out of the existing assets in game?

I would feel very disappointed to put effort into creating stuff that people enjoy, just to never revisit or build upon it ever again.

I think @WodiQuix was just referring to the mode itself and not the SWBF 15 maps. Many many many players, including Quix, would really really really like to see Sullust, Scarif,twilight Hoth, Bespin and survivors of Endor maps available in this game.
    A Turning Point mode should have been available at launch.
    #StarWars-y
  • JustinReade
    609 posts Member
    edited August 16
    Even watching Turning Point/Battle of Jakku on YouTube is more exciting than playing Galactic Assault or Capital Supremacy, in my opinion. The music, the feel, the overdubbed audio clips during battle, the trooper only experience. All a lot of fun.
  • I loved turning point last game, if brought back it could be what the game needs to cater to all the trooper combat guys.
  • skincarver wrote: »
    I’m just watching some gameplay vids of turning point on YT.

Awesome.

I think @WodiQuix was just referring to the mode itself and not the SWBF 15 maps. Many many many players, including Quix, would really really really like to see Sullust, Scarif,twilight Hoth, Bespin and survivors of Endor maps available in this game.
    A Turning Point mode should have been available at launch.

Yeah, agreed. I was just mentioning the maps because if the GA maps provide sufficient space then there is really no reason at all why we shouldn’t have TP.

The difference being heroes. I’d say bring over TP so troopers have a large objective based mode without the hero spam and change GA to GA HU permanently. Thriving player base should have no problems filling both lobbies. I know I’d play both modes.

Heroes or no heroes, the basic premise of the modes is somewhat the same. In both of them, the defending side is on the backfoot and being pushed backwards. I played plenty of TP matches that never reached the final stage because of good defense so I don't see that being any different to not getting to the final stage of a GA map.
    A TP mode in this game is basically just GA without the heroes, so they don't have to bring back an old mode, just give us this variant of GA and that'll be that.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • SQJACKIE
    439 posts Member
    edited August 16
    GA is like his annoying ugly littler brother
    9wexqoicrpnu.png