criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Roll Needs To Be Buffed And Ignore Sabers

ROMG4
2887 posts Member
edited August 16
In it's current state roll is as unreliable if not more so then block. Time and time again have I timed roll, gone the distance only to still be hit either by the saber user hitting thin air or the glorious auto aim system sent him blasting off to me

The roll mechanic has been going down-hill (Nailed it) since it's first nerf way back in 2018, this nerf removed most of roll's I-Frames. Since then button mashing has been indirectly buffed over and over and over again through the years, to the point that really why not button mash? You'll get the saber hit stagger eventually and then you can just melt the other player's hp like butter

What needs to be changed in my opinion is this. If you have a full unused set of dodges which is generally 2 for most heroes, the first roll you do will be a guaranteed break-away. This will allow a blaster/saber hero to get away from a button mashing or bad position and get some time to breath. The I-Frames in it will be almost identical to what they were like at launch to ensure that it functions as intended. To prevent it from being spammed like it was at launch. This I-Frame roll will enter a cool-down that will only start ticking down once the roll count has been reset to the max 2 or 3 roll counts depending on the hero. The cool-down could be 5 seconds for example, now if you use your roll again it will not pause the cool-down, but you will have to have a full roll count to utilize I-Roll as before so it doesn't matter if it's cooled-down if you don't have the max set

This would be a great improvement to the game and with additional fixes to improve roll's reliability could make Saber fights actually fun again

Instead of watching 2 cavemen beat each other with a club hoping to get the saber stagger and then hopelessly beat on the other while they cannot fight back.
OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
The OOM-9 Thread
https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1

Replies

• Really? I feel like rolling always work for me in terms of not getting hit by a lightsaber
  • Billkwando
    1926 posts Member
    edited August 17
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    This I-Frame roll will enter a cool-down

Whether or not I agree with the necessity of this, I have to say this is a pretty innovative idea. The problem is there's pretty much zero chance of them implementing it without breaking 5 to 15 other things in the process, if they could do it at all.

My original thought, before I really started reading your post, was to say something along lines of how it's ridiculous that blasters can already roll through massive cone-shaped force moves, and you want to make them more invincible? That's pretty much how I still feel.

As a saber player, sometimes all it takes is for the blaster to get one good roll backwards and you're toast. Considering that blasters can just shrug off force moves, we wanna be careful that we don't overbalance to the wrong side.

Now, if they wanna make it possible for saber users to walk (not run) forward while blocking, then I would be all for it. Otherwise, you have the choice of standing and blocking, and never catching the blaster, or the second choice, run forward and try to catch the blaster bolts with your teeth. :D

I'm tired, so maybe I'm not thinking it through properly and not married to any opinions above, so no need to yell at me if you disagree. :p

Edit: OK, one opinion - rolling through force powers is still *****.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • Billkwando
    1926 posts Member
    edited August 17
    "Professor, what's another word for 'pirate treasure'?"
    "Well, I think it's 'b00ty'. B00ty, b00ty, that's what it is."

- Beastie Boys, "Professor B00ty"

Wow, can't believe it wouldn't let me say "b00ty".
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • ROMG4
    2887 posts Member
    Hmm, seems there's a lot of button mashers on the forum now. Seeing the dislikes and all
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Hmm, seems there's a lot of button mashers on the forum now. Seeing the dislikes and all

Yes.
    Tbh I didn’t quite understand the I-frame part, but what I do understand is that maybe 50% of my rolls don’t work when I’m trying to evade lightsabers and it stinks.

This is infantry, of course.

• ROMG4 wrote: »

I actually agree with this post. Its a good idea. And I think the number of dodges should be increased to 3(except Boba and maybe Bossk). They just shouldnt be able to spam it like they could at launch. Overall reliability needs to be improved and saber tracking nerfed. I say this as someone who plays sabers alot.
  • The thing thats supposed to protect you doesn't even protect you. Certain abilities need to be nerfed in order for blaster heroes to be on a level playing field. Luke & yoda's dashes do no not need to go through dodges, kylo's frenzy needs to be 17 seconds, vaders combo needs a nerf & the cc immunity needs to be removed
  • No thank you. It is incredible frustrating to chase down blaster heroes with sabers. You have to use one or two abilities just to make them stand still.

Make a mode where we can get rid of the blaster and only play as sabers. The blasters can then kill each others in a separate mode.

They will rage when they realize that without easy cheesy kill on sabers the game isn't fun at all.

qmr9lq6eokw5.gif
  • No thank you. It is incredible frustrating to chase down blaster heroes with sabers. You have to use one or two abilities just to make them stand still.

Make a mode where we can get rid of the blaster and only play as sabers. The blasters can then kill each others in a separate mode.

They will rage when they realize that without easy cheesy kill on sabers the game isn't fun at all.

e7fezjkgd3zz.gif
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• CC_1010
    1773 posts Member
    No thank you. It is incredible frustrating to chase down blaster heroes with sabers. You have to use one or two abilities just to make them stand still.

Glowstick Party? Without me!
  • Versatti
    2119 posts Member
    Tracking + pre-nerf dodge/roll = utter pants.