criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Top 10 things I HATE about Capital Supremacy.

David1543
447 posts Member
edited August 17
1. Lack of eras. This mode was delayed so many times to just launch CW exclusive with 1 new map. This was bad for people who hate cross era heroes since they are stuck with only 1 mode to play that gives them only 1/3 of content of the game. In addition you are depriving the other portion of the community to enjoy new conent as well, the OT and ST fans who are fed up of the CW. At this point we all want content for other eras.

2. Too much work for little pay. The only and longest lasting mode, where I can finish in the winning team as the top player with over 80 kills and get rewarded only 300 credits, what am I some kind of servile laborer cutting off the grass?

3. BP rewards are ridiculously fast. For every two kills you literally earn 1000 bps, that is a huge problem because It makes the mode dominated by heroes and reinforcements, you will see them more frequently than in GA.

4. The ship phase is repetitive and the interiors all look the same regardless of the planet youre in. It needs some variety to make things a bit refreshing, the ships dont need an entire new layout, but every single fraction of item is placed in the exact same spot and we see the same things everytime. The means to accomplish objectives are also always the same, open blast doors via computer, place bombs and defend. Are we supposed to not get bored? I expect at least the first point to be adressed.

5. Every new map we've been getting is a copy paste of already existing maps with a few alterations. The only new map we got so far was Geonosis, entire months were stretched with tedious updates giving us locations already present in the game, not much to be excited about. Felucia is a good thing for CS and will be something fresh to the game, but Its expected to be at the end of the year. Hopefully we wont have to go through that same pattern again if other eras ever come, we need a ton of new planets.

6. No starfighters. They are essential to this game and gives the Star Wars feel to It. Not having them is content restricting and takes away from the gameplay experience. They could have been used as an option to take down the enemy capital ships and even board them.

7. Hero pricing is too low. This goes back to point 3 where BPs are granted too fast for hardly any effort, at this rate having them cost 4k is insanity. Make It distinguishable from GA, heroes should be expensive in CS and their current price should be kept in GA, a nice compromise.

8. Bots. They are easy kills and close to useless. This is a multiplayer game, I play for competition, which is the main fun element of all online games, but bots take It all away. Facing them Is just boring and they are badly programed. Sometimes I will see them jumping and running against walls and not even fight back. Their damage output and health is disgraceful, if you are not going to add real 64 players, like everyone wanted since you got the battlefront license, then you MUST buff them of remove this mess once and for all.

9. Cutscenes. They are one of the things I can say that the general community hates and made this mode an dissapointment, that was not what we had in mind at all when It comes to boarding and taking down capital ships. Not sure why players cant pilot multiple LAATs and bring a whole squad of Clones with them inside the enemy ship, then eventually having to board back in and land on the ground if the bombing failed. That was the ideal, but It turns out It was nothing like battlefield's Titan mode like we expected.

10. Vehicles should be stationary. Can we just have one mode a tiny bit lesser arcadey than the rest? Give us a break from having to respawn as vehicles and allow us to get in and out of them at our own will. This would create some interesting gameplay and even allow us to steal enemy vehicles.
Post edited by David1543 on

Replies

• Most of this is the reason why I never play CS, it’s just very boring to me, but I don’t feel like cutscenes are annoying and honestly like the prospect of bots
  • Most of this is the reason why I never play CS, it’s just very boring to me, but I don’t feel like cutscenes are annoying and honestly like the prospect of bots

If they had the same health and damage output of normal players then I would probably not complain.
  • The AI need to be removed and the player count increased. Numbers are a boomin!
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • OcDoc
    1790 posts Member
    I think all those complaints have merit. There are a few that don’t bother me so much but I can’t disagree with someone having a problem with all of the top 10 you presented.
  • Chico
    414 posts Member
    I can't believe CS is the most popular mode. I have tried to like it, but it is boring and repetitive. GA has far more replayability IMO. And you can play as all heroes. Seems crazy to me to build a new mode and then restrict it to one era.
  • Now you know what would be cool? If @F8RGE answered each of my criticism thoroughly to clarify wether they are/will do something about It.
  • The boarding pahse shouldn't be a cinematic, once you get into the ship, you should be able to shoot enemies that are on the ground so you can defend allies tryig to board it (that would stop the enemies that camp at the enemy ships), instead of hold □ or X or E, it should be just press it once. And replace the cinematic for an ANIMATION of the transport moving to the capital ship while players are in third person camera still. The enemies could do exactly the same so they can reposition at their ship to defend it (this can balance the great amount of tickets that the attackers have)
    What do you think?
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    The boarding pahse shouldn't be a cinematic, once you get into the ship, you should be able to shoot enemies that are on the ground so you can defend allies tryig to board it (that would stop the enemies that camp at the enemy ships), instead of hold □ or X or E, it should be just press it once. And replace the cinematic for an ANIMATION of the transport moving to the capital ship while players are in third person camera still. The enemies could do exactly the same so they can reposition at their ship to defend it (this can balance the great amount of tickets that the attackers have)
    What do you think?

Thats a change I would be willing to kill to have.
  • SQJACKIE
    434 posts Member
    edited August 17
    David1543 wrote: »
    SQJACKIE wrote: »
    The boarding pahse shouldn't be a cinematic, once you get into the ship, you should be able to shoot enemies that are on the ground so you can defend allies tryig to board it (that would stop the enemies that camp at the enemy ships), instead of hold □ or X or E, it should be just press it once. And replace the cinematic for an ANIMATION of the transport moving to the capital ship while players are in third person camera still. The enemies could do exactly the same so they can reposition at their ship to defend it (this can balance the great amount of tickets that the attackers have)
    What do you think?

Thats a change I would be willing to kill to have.

I just made a post about this
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/143364/this-could-be-a-nice-addition-to-cs#latest
    Post edited by SQJACKIE on
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • I stay out of that mode simply because of the bots. Anything else is just bonus.
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

• I just wanna throw this out there.

If the devs aren’t going to add new maps to these modes, then how about merging **Starfighter Assault, Strike and Extraction** into Capital Supremacy as phases?

These new phases would occur onboard the capital ship as **Sabotage and Extract** and as a final **Starfighter Assault** phase. The ground phase will remain exactly the way it is (no starfighters).

**Sabotage:**

The teams could plant explosives on new objectives such as:

•Hyperdrive Generators (to prevent an escape).

•Transport shuttles or vehicles.

•Heavy cannons onboard the ship.

•etc.

**Extract:**

Push into the ship and extract:

•A payload.

•A droid.

•other ideas.

After the Capital Ship phase, the very final phase features a **Starfighter Assault** phase.

In this phase, whichever team Sabotages and Extracts their objectives from the enemy’s capital ship first gets to attack and destroy the enemy capital ship in starfighters.

It will be an epic all-out starfighter battle that revolves around destroying the enemy’s capital ship featuring 20 vs. 20 in starfighters (no AI needed except for the light cruisers and bombing squadrons).

**EVERYONE** will be in a starfighter and will be having an epic dogfight around the capital ships.

The **defenders** get 2-4 light cruisers around their capital ship.

The **attackers** get Bombing Squadrons.

**Edit:** I forgot to mention some things:

•I’m mainly hoping that they do this if they bring in an OT version of Capital Supremacy.

•If they do decide to do this, the starfighter phase should only be on 2-3 maps because I do understand that some people hate forced flying and would like the game to end with the capital ship phase. But please, include a starfighter phase.
  • I agree with everything OP wrote. Point 1 just means I won't be plying it anytime soon. Based on the worst possible era of Star Wars based on revisionist history. Fine idea Dice. That won't get dated at all.
  • I have grown to like it more then I did in the past but the mode is full of people that dont play the objective on the ship phase the people that play that mode are so bad its insane wish they would add some bots to that ship phase so I can actually get someone besides me on the objective.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Versatti
    2119 posts Member
    1. Agree, more eras would be welcome.

2. Yes, but kind of irrelevant as there’s nothing really to spend credits on. They need to add an exit option that apportions XP/credits based on your score/kills on exit.

3. Disagree, the two hero limit is a good compromise for this.

4. Good observation and a great idea to mix it up.

5. Suppose, but still better than the 1 map scenario we had at launch.

6. While I agree it was a bad decision to not have starfighters, I suspect it would have significantly increased development time and pushed back CS’s launch date during a time that people were complaining about new content.

7. ?

8. Disagree, I actually think the AI is pretty decent. Obviously if you’re a hero they’re super fast kills but they’ll dodge and roll and also defend control points which is something players very rarely do. Also I like to hide amongst them for ***** and giggles.

9. Agree but like point 6, I suspect that was all down to resource/development time and we desperately needed new content.

10. Similar to point 6/9, while this would have been nice it’d have probably just been a hold x for 4 seconds to enter the vehicle and I’m not really sure what that would add to the game?
  • Versatti wrote: »
    1. Agree, more eras would be welcome.

2. Yes, but kind of irrelevant as there’s nothing really to spend credits on. They need to add an exit option that apportions XP/credits based on your score/kills on exit.

3. Disagree, the two hero limit is a good compromise for this.

4. Good observation and a great idea to mix it up.

5. Suppose, but still better than the 1 map scenario we had at launch.

6. While I agree it was a bad decision to not have starfighters, I suspect it would have significantly increased development time and pushed back CS’s launch date during a time that people were complaining about new content.

7. ?

8. Disagree, I actually think the AI is pretty decent. Obviously if you’re a hero they’re super fast kills but they’ll dodge and roll and also defend control points which is something players very rarely do. Also I like to hide amongst them for **** and giggles.

9. Agree but like point 6, I suspect that was all down to resource/development time and we desperately needed new content.

10. Similar to point 6/9, while this would have been nice it’d have probably just been a hold x for 4 seconds to enter the vehicle and I’m not really sure what that would add to the game?

How could I forget point 7?
  • I like how you mentioned the lack of starfighters and the repetitiveness of the capital ship phase.

To anyone who’s interested, since Starfighter Assault, Extraction and Strike will most likely not be getting new maps, do you think that these modes should be merged into Capital Supremacy as individual phases?

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/143370/if-we-ever-get-ot-capital-supremacy-please-make-it-different-from-pt-capital-supremacy/p1?new=1
  • ROMG4
    2887 posts Member
    When you hear the Clone and Droid announcer intro for Kashyyk and Kamino

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • CypressHorn
    298 posts Member
    edited August 17
    1. Lack of eras.

Lack of maps bothers me more.

2. Too much work for little pay.

Don't care about rewards. I play to play.

3. BP rewards are ridiculously fast.

Costs for heroes double current with similar changes to reinforcements and vehicles.

4. The ship phase is repetitive.

I'm tempted to quit after boarding.

5. Every new map we've been getting is a copy paste of already existing maps with a few alterations.

New maps would be good. Having GA maps doesn't bother me as more maps is better. Naboo on CS is the boom.

6. No starfighters.

Not a fan of starfighters, but would be fine if starfighters are added as they make sense. Just wish a trooper only mode was made as I'm not a fan of starfighters, and trooper counters aren't that good against good pilots.

7. Hero pricing is too low.

Seems redundant with topic 3. Same answer.

8. Bots.

More health and they would be fine. More players would be better, but stupid ship phase likely isn't big enough.

9. Cutscenes.

Stupid ship phase strikes again.

10. Vehicles should be stationary.

Like how vehicles currently are.

For me, CS ground phase only being trooper only (base 4) would be my favorite mode. It removes need for cut scenes, BP generation and pricing issues, and stupid ship phase. It would be easier to add more eras and existing maps if they didn't need the ship phase to be created.