criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

The future of humanityyyy

2

Replies

  • unit900000 wrote: »
    dont know but what I do know is apparently the people that will be on mars is going to turn orange at some point im just sad I prob wont be alive to see some sexy orange babes.

    in all seriousness though I think something will kill us off before we can make it out of this solar system and end the end even the universe will die so it dont matter.

    Did you actually read somewhere that people on mars will turn orange if they lived there? Haha

    Why do you think something will kill us off before we make it out of the solar system? Also perhaps there's another universe we can jump into if this one dies, who knows.

    about the orange thing you should watch the video I posted thats were I got it from.

    because I have all ways been fascinated by anything to do with anything that could wipe us out and there is so so many things that could do it though most are low chance of happening and these things could come from are own planet, from us or from outer space. I do agree they there could be another universe we could go to.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Maybe it sounds strange, but I think we extinct in this century.
  • Spiito
    1913 posts Member
    edited August 18
    This thread was magnificent to read.
    skincarver wrote: »
    [...]
    Before altering ourselves there’s unused capacity that needs to be accessed.

    The next step in our evolution is to
    reorganize the whole planet, raise knowledge and awareness, co-operate on a global level and effectively become one.
    These steps are required to go beyond of what we can imagine.

    Sticking to the current system in all it forms will ultimately result in our doom.
    Becoming one would require a lot of minds to be on the same channel. A lot of minds would need to be similar and produce similar thoughts. (No thank you.) I kind of like the diversity of individuality and difference of opinion. Clashing perspectives giving life to new ones.

    We reorganized rivers, lakes, and mountains, etc, and caused destruction to ecosystems which previously teemed with life.

    All paths lead to Doom.

    There is no order that is required.
    David1543 wrote: »
    Another thing to consider is that if transhumanism ever happened It would probably be by some control freak's design and could be used as a form of mind control. Would you like to lose your free will and have your mind programed to obey procedures installed in your brain without a second thought? All It takes is a tiny microchip to turn you into a subservient drone. It is very much likely that It would be a tool of abuse rather than "improving" humanity. Following pleasures are not always the rational way to go. Drugs make you feel good and destroy you internally, in the same way transhumanism destroys your humanity, but for reasons that I think are far more based within vanity and stupidity.

    I'd just like to point out that a few cultures which used to be individual / different are no longer following their previous course of cultural development, since they've been monotonized into previously larger colonization efforts.
    Brainwashing doesn't require a chip. We are organic so there are organic means of imposing control of behavior. There is more than one way to put an idea into someone's mind, presently.

    Destruction is inevitable. Some people seek to accelerate it and be done.
    Wknuto!
  • ROMG4
    2893 posts Member
    edited August 18
    *Sees thread posts*

    389m1q.jpg
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • David1543 wrote: »
    David1543 wrote: »
    David1543 wrote: »
    Transhumanism will be the death of what we knew humanity to be and will be necessary to turn us into bots once the entire earth turns into a concrete jungle. All I can say is the future is not bright and Im glad I will be long dead by then. Take that however you want.

    How can you know you want like it though? I mean you've never known what it's like to be anything other than what you are. Perhaps it's better being something integrated with machines. Humans are all about pleasure. So it's highly unlikely we would eventually design ourselves new vessels to inhabit that are better in every way than our current bodies. Also why would the earth be a concrete jungle? It's far from it right now and we section of massive areas of the planet to keep it free from any kind of construction and preserve the natural environment. Earth aside though, world building will most likely become a thing in the future. If and when that happens, then world's completely devoted to tropical looking beaches and rainforests will probably become a thing. Hardly a bleak future if it all goes that way.

    You see, something about letting go of how I was naturally designed to be and implementing man-made machinery in my body or even completely replacing It is something unsettling to me. Having a conscious existence inside an artificial vessel would make you emotionally deranged and afflicted, negative results is all youre going to get when trying to surpass nature's design of things. Another thing to consider is that if transhumanism ever happened It would probably be by some control freak's design and could be used as a form of mind control. Would you like to lose your free will and have your mind programed to obey procedures installed in your brain without a second thought? All It takes is a tiny microchip to turn you into a subservient drone. It is very much likely that It would be a tool of abuse rather than "improving" humanity. Following pleasures are not always the rational way to go. Drugs make you feel good and destroy you internally, in the same way transhumanism destroys your humanity, but for reasons that I think are far more based within vanity and stupidity.

    Nature's design is pretty flawed. There is huge depression throughout the species. Disease and illness all around. If not for our brains we are also a physically weak bunch. I mean in 1918 the flu killed 100 million people and wiped out 2-3% of the entire human population. The flu!! Like yes the human body has great things about it when it does work well. But I'm talking about transferring consciousness into a type of vessel that doesn't diminish our humanity, but rather enhances our experiences and secures our safety and individual longevity. I personally wouldn't transfer my consciousness into anything that takes away fro who I am currently, but only to something that makes life better.

    Also how come you're so sure we weren't designed in the first place? I never personally understand why sticking to natural guidelines is so essential to some people just because it's "natural". I mean for all we know our whole species, even universe was designed by something or someone else. I'm not saying it is. But if the possibility exists, then holding onto the thought of us being the way we are because the universe choses it that way just seems to take options off the table and limit our possibilities.

    Yeah I know the dangers of merging humans with technology is pretty great, and I hope the worst case scenarios don't ever come true. Perhaps severe consequences for invasion of minds will need to be put in place. I mean like really severe. Millions of years of torture kind of thing. But I imagine we will all live under the technological saftey umbrella of future firewalls equivalent to the present day effectiveness of what the US department of defence has in place and what not.

    Say you could transfer your consciousness into an almost exact replica of your body and mind. Yet you have super intelligence, super strength, you can fly, you can teleport, build world's with a thought, and you live forever. Wouldn't you chose that over what you have now?

    To start off with your last paragraph, no I would not. Im happy with my physical/mental limitations, everything was made according to design. Humans were meant to be created as limited finite beings and I will live as one. I dont want to bring spirituality into this conversation because I may get banned and bashed, but if you put that into context you will see why things are the way they are and Its the lack of knowledge of this particular truth that people have these dangerous imaginations. The problem is people put to much faith in government and corporations to lead them to whatever they want to sell you as "safe" and have this secular humanist view philosophy as the means to help society.

    The very reason something created us is why we should abide by our natural limitations, why would we be created this way and not that way unless If It wasnt by the intention of an intelligent architect? Or If we were to evolve why does It have to be a forced unnatural process instead of natural design? You know, humanity in fact devolved and is continuing in this path. We are being dumbed down and our life expectency is lowering by many factors. We used to have so much more brain power in ancient times and lived for not hundreds but thousands of years. You may laugh at It because Its not part of our mainstream education but Its well documented. We used to be at a much better spot without the need of any of that nonsense. All of the air intoxication and destruction of our environment is happening by design and the solution is not having technology dominating our body and minds, thats the climax that the corporate beurocrats want for humanity after all the destruction they caused.

    Well when the rest of that do want to live in those invincible and godlike bodies do take on that form. You really think you would be able to resist it? I mean your only other option is disease and death and the same old same old that we've had for thousands of years. If some person was in front of you while your on your death bed and they offered you life. Would you actually turn it down? I dont think many people at all would. It's the same reason people have surgery when they have some life threatening problem. It's because they don't want to die. If they truly believed in the will of nature to take it's course, they would refuse all help in my opinion.

    How come you look to nature and the possible intentions of an intelligent designers as to what we should or shouldn't do? Why can't we just do what we want unless made to do other wise? I mean obviously all our choice is an illusion anyway. Everything is already set in motion. Every decision you made, all chemical and physical actions and reactions all predetermined since the big bang (or earlier). Every path of every particle all has a rhyme and reason for doing what it has done in the past and therefore if no outside involvement is introduced to the universe then all those particles have predictable futures as well. Every thought and feeling of independence is delusion at its highest level. Yet we are powerless against it's complexity, so there is nothing to do but live in a way where we ignore it.

    I don't know what to make of the second half of your second paragraph haha but sounds a little farfetched that humans used to live longer than they do now. I don't see any remnants of a more advanced and intelligent civilisation of humans ever having inhabited earth than what the western world is now.

    Thats called suppression of information. Civilizations during the antediluvian world were not just highly advanced, they were far ahead of anything we know in the sciences and technology today. There's artifacts found beneath the earths surface and under the sea even in the US by archeologists under the Smithsonian which is ran by uncle Sam, described as higly technological devices. Oddly enough you wont see any of It displayed in their museums. Much of the things we see in sci fi are not just "made up", It is inspired from real existent things, the people in the film industry and famous sci fi novel authors tend to have insight about esoteric and classified historical knowledge the general population doesnt know, much of their insight came from government intelligence agencies, research or communication with spiritual entitties. The spiritual realm is part of our day to day life more than you think and influences just about everything and everyone, to you It might be fiction, to some Its a day to day experience. We are slowly recovering what was lost, not evolving. What you might find interesting to know is that technology has more to do with the supernatural rather than human achievement, something I will not expand much on right now, but It explains that human logic has hardly achieved anything by It self without the help of outside forces. We are nothing, just humble yourself and accept It. What makes your mind think that disease will just run so amuck to the point of needing synthetic implementations in our body? Why is that the only solution for a safer living when there are better, healthier alternatives, that doesn't fight against nature and eradicates our humanity? Thats very different from a surgery. People With agendas and schemes will want you to belive that for every little issue you need something to be injected inside of you. Just like we are told that vaccines prevent disease and that cancer must be treated with radiation when in fact It shuts down our immune system making us helpless in fighting It back or contains poisonous substances that end up causing all forms of illness. But people today are taking more unconventional paths to prevent and even cure these diseases that once were entrusted in the medical system to solve. And Im talking about methods that were used at tribal times even before the invention of any technology and the modern "education" we have today. It is as we are literally devolving in every aspect. How further are you willing to trust in government and science folks when Its run by evil? Humans are liars and evil by nature, they lust for power, control, and selfish desires of their heart. We have all these resources at our hands but Its hardly used for any good, because the authorities choose to abuse It and ignore the moral code of the creator. They are in opposition and are traitors to the human race, every single government. Answer to all our problems lies in reconnecting with our maker, secular humanism will not bring any progress other than degeneracy and spiritual depravity. When we try to be something more than what we were meant to be and be the gods of our own wisdom, then the result is that the very thing we were trying to prevent just happened, extinction. We become inhuman by exchanging the perfect image of our architect for machinery, and the consequences will be damnation. Human logic and reason is a joke, compared to divine wisdom. I think we were better off before any technology even existed.
  • Spiito wrote: »
    This thread was magnificent to read.
    skincarver wrote: »
    [...]
    Before altering ourselves there’s unused capacity that needs to be accessed.

    The next step in our evolution is to
    reorganize the whole planet, raise knowledge and awareness, co-operate on a global level and effectively become one.
    These steps are required to go beyond of what we can imagine.

    Sticking to the current system in all it forms will ultimately result in our doom.
    Becoming one would require a lot of minds to be on the same channel. A lot of minds would need to be similar and produce similar thoughts. (No thank you.) I kind of like the diversity of individuality and difference of opinion. Clashing perspectives giving life to new ones.

    We reorganized rivers, lakes, and mountains, etc, and caused destruction to ecosystems which previously teemed with life.

    All paths lead to Doom.

    There is no order that is required.
    David1543 wrote: »
    Another thing to consider is that if transhumanism ever happened It would probably be by some control freak's design and could be used as a form of mind control. Would you like to lose your free will and have your mind programed to obey procedures installed in your brain without a second thought? All It takes is a tiny microchip to turn you into a subservient drone. It is very much likely that It would be a tool of abuse rather than "improving" humanity. Following pleasures are not always the rational way to go. Drugs make you feel good and destroy you internally, in the same way transhumanism destroys your humanity, but for reasons that I think are far more based within vanity and stupidity.

    I'd just like to point out that a few cultures which used to be individual / different are no longer following their previous course of cultural development, since they've been monotonized into previously larger colonization efforts.
    Brainwashing doesn't require a chip. We are organic so there are organic means of imposing control of behavior. There is more than one way to put an idea into someone's mind, presently.

    Destruction is inevitable. Some people seek to accelerate it and be done.

    Becoming a collective like the borg might be enjoyable though haha never know until you try :D

    Try have more faith in humanity. I mean who woulda thought we'd ever make it out of the dark ages or the caves and be here right now. Those people back in those times would never in their wildest dreams be able to comprehend what a smart phone is capable of or what doctors can do for people these days. The giant wars of the 20th century are unlikely to happen again because of mutually assured destruction and also the world has become way more critical of itself and the entire planet seems much smaller and political issues more transparent and less open to leaders making rash decisions that could annihilate so many of us like in the past. The United States is also pushing further and further outwards into space. Within a few years people will be on mars. Colonies will exist throughout the solar system. And although that distance could lead to conflict (like in infinite warfare COD haha). As long as earth maintains supreme military dominance, then peace through strength will keep all in check. Either that or perhaps some highly technological advances human minds will by then be beyond feeling the need for conflict.

    I suppose it all could come crashing down. Who knows what A.I. will do when it comes about. Maybe it will be our friend. Maybe it won't. I suppose as long as it's programmed with artificial emotions similar to ours. We can at least assume that it's first programmed emotion will be compassion, and as long as it "feels" that then it has a chance at being nice. It will inevitably see us as a threat, but we also see it as a threat right now, yet we are deciding to bring it to life.

    Anyway, my point is to maybe just think a little more positive about the future. I mean you like star wars obviously. So probably enjoy thinking about what will happen eventually. Things will probably work out ok considering we've survived 2 world wars and the cold war.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    *Sees thread posts*

    389m1q.jpg

    Who's the weirdest? Haha
  • David1543 wrote: »
    David1543 wrote: »
    David1543 wrote: »
    David1543 wrote: »
    Transhumanism will be the death of what we knew humanity to be and will be necessary to turn us into bots once the entire earth turns into a concrete jungle. All I can say is the future is not bright and Im glad I will be long dead by then. Take that however you want.

    How can you know you want like it though? I mean you've never known what it's like to be anything other than what you are. Perhaps it's better being something integrated with machines. Humans are all about pleasure. So it's highly unlikely we would eventually design ourselves new vessels to inhabit that are better in every way than our current bodies. Also why would the earth be a concrete jungle? It's far from it right now and we section of massive areas of the planet to keep it free from any kind of construction and preserve the natural environment. Earth aside though, world building will most likely become a thing in the future. If and when that happens, then world's completely devoted to tropical looking beaches and rainforests will probably become a thing. Hardly a bleak future if it all goes that way.

    You see, something about letting go of how I was naturally designed to be and implementing man-made machinery in my body or even completely replacing It is something unsettling to me. Having a conscious existence inside an artificial vessel would make you emotionally deranged and afflicted, negative results is all youre going to get when trying to surpass nature's design of things. Another thing to consider is that if transhumanism ever happened It would probably be by some control freak's design and could be used as a form of mind control. Would you like to lose your free will and have your mind programed to obey procedures installed in your brain without a second thought? All It takes is a tiny microchip to turn you into a subservient drone. It is very much likely that It would be a tool of abuse rather than "improving" humanity. Following pleasures are not always the rational way to go. Drugs make you feel good and destroy you internally, in the same way transhumanism destroys your humanity, but for reasons that I think are far more based within vanity and stupidity.

    Nature's design is pretty flawed. There is huge depression throughout the species. Disease and illness all around. If not for our brains we are also a physically weak bunch. I mean in 1918 the flu killed 100 million people and wiped out 2-3% of the entire human population. The flu!! Like yes the human body has great things about it when it does work well. But I'm talking about transferring consciousness into a type of vessel that doesn't diminish our humanity, but rather enhances our experiences and secures our safety and individual longevity. I personally wouldn't transfer my consciousness into anything that takes away fro who I am currently, but only to something that makes life better.

    Also how come you're so sure we weren't designed in the first place? I never personally understand why sticking to natural guidelines is so essential to some people just because it's "natural". I mean for all we know our whole species, even universe was designed by something or someone else. I'm not saying it is. But if the possibility exists, then holding onto the thought of us being the way we are because the universe choses it that way just seems to take options off the table and limit our possibilities.

    Yeah I know the dangers of merging humans with technology is pretty great, and I hope the worst case scenarios don't ever come true. Perhaps severe consequences for invasion of minds will need to be put in place. I mean like really severe. Millions of years of torture kind of thing. But I imagine we will all live under the technological saftey umbrella of future firewalls equivalent to the present day effectiveness of what the US department of defence has in place and what not.

    Say you could transfer your consciousness into an almost exact replica of your body and mind. Yet you have super intelligence, super strength, you can fly, you can teleport, build world's with a thought, and you live forever. Wouldn't you chose that over what you have now?

    To start off with your last paragraph, no I would not. Im happy with my physical/mental limitations, everything was made according to design. Humans were meant to be created as limited finite beings and I will live as one. I dont want to bring spirituality into this conversation because I may get banned and bashed, but if you put that into context you will see why things are the way they are and Its the lack of knowledge of this particular truth that people have these dangerous imaginations. The problem is people put to much faith in government and corporations to lead them to whatever they want to sell you as "safe" and have this secular humanist view philosophy as the means to help society.

    The very reason something created us is why we should abide by our natural limitations, why would we be created this way and not that way unless If It wasnt by the intention of an intelligent architect? Or If we were to evolve why does It have to be a forced unnatural process instead of natural design? You know, humanity in fact devolved and is continuing in this path. We are being dumbed down and our life expectency is lowering by many factors. We used to have so much more brain power in ancient times and lived for not hundreds but thousands of years. You may laugh at It because Its not part of our mainstream education but Its well documented. We used to be at a much better spot without the need of any of that nonsense. All of the air intoxication and destruction of our environment is happening by design and the solution is not having technology dominating our body and minds, thats the climax that the corporate beurocrats want for humanity after all the destruction they caused.

    Well when the rest of that do want to live in those invincible and godlike bodies do take on that form. You really think you would be able to resist it? I mean your only other option is disease and death and the same old same old that we've had for thousands of years. If some person was in front of you while your on your death bed and they offered you life. Would you actually turn it down? I dont think many people at all would. It's the same reason people have surgery when they have some life threatening problem. It's because they don't want to die. If they truly believed in the will of nature to take it's course, they would refuse all help in my opinion.

    How come you look to nature and the possible intentions of an intelligent designers as to what we should or shouldn't do? Why can't we just do what we want unless made to do other wise? I mean obviously all our choice is an illusion anyway. Everything is already set in motion. Every decision you made, all chemical and physical actions and reactions all predetermined since the big bang (or earlier). Every path of every particle all has a rhyme and reason for doing what it has done in the past and therefore if no outside involvement is introduced to the universe then all those particles have predictable futures as well. Every thought and feeling of independence is delusion at its highest level. Yet we are powerless against it's complexity, so there is nothing to do but live in a way where we ignore it.

    I don't know what to make of the second half of your second paragraph haha but sounds a little farfetched that humans used to live longer than they do now. I don't see any remnants of a more advanced and intelligent civilisation of humans ever having inhabited earth than what the western world is now.

    Thats called suppression of information. Civilizations during the antediluvian world were not just highly advanced, they were far ahead of anything we know in the sciences and technology today. There's artifacts found beneath the earths surface and under the sea even in the US by archeologists under the Smithsonian which is ran by uncle Sam, described as higly technological devices. Oddly enough you wont see any of It displayed in their museums. Much of the things we see in sci fi are not just "made up", It is inspired from real existent things, the people in the film industry and famous sci fi novel authors tend to have insight about esoteric and classified historical knowledge the general population doesnt know, much of their insight came from government intelligence agencies, research or communication with spiritual entitties. The spiritual realm is part of our day to day life more than you think and influences just about everything and everyone, to you It might be fiction, to some Its a day to day experience. We are slowly recovering what was lost, not evolving. What you might find interesting to know is that technology has more to do with the supernatural rather than human achievement, something I will not expand much on right now, but It explains that human logic has hardly achieved anything by It self without the help of outside forces. We are nothing, just humble yourself and accept It. What makes your mind think that disease will just run so amuck to the point of needing synthetic implementations in our body? Why is that the only solution for a safer living when there are better, healthier alternatives, that doesn't fight against nature and eradicates our humanity? Thats very different from a surgery. People With agendas and schemes will want you to belive that for every little issue you need something to be injected inside of you. Just like we are told that vaccines prevent disease and that cancer must be treated with radiation when in fact It shuts down our immune system making us helpless in fighting It back or contains poisonous substances that end up causing all forms of illness. But people today are taking more unconventional paths to prevent and even cure these diseases that once were entrusted in the medical system to solve. And Im talking about methods that were used at tribal times even before the invention of any technology and the modern "education" we have today. It is as we are literally devolving in every aspect. How further are you willing to trust in government and science folks when Its run by evil? Humans are liars and evil by nature, they lust for power, control, and selfish desires of their heart. We have all these resources at our hands but Its hardly used for any good, because the authorities choose to abuse It and ignore the moral code of the creator. They are in opposition and are traitors to the human race, every single government. Answer to all our problems lies in reconnecting with our maker, secular humanism will not bring any progress other than degeneracy and spiritual depravity. When we try to be something more than what we were meant to be and be the gods of our own wisdom, then the result is that the very thing we were trying to prevent just happened, extinction. We become inhuman by exchanging the perfect image of our architect for machinery, and the consequences will be damnation. Human logic and reason is a joke, compared to divine wisdom. I think we were better off before any technology even existed.

    Are you trolling now? This all seems far off from your first few responses haha. Also in regard to the health part. I don't know if disease will become rampant. Doubtful. But I just don't like it how it is and there's always better. I mean it's not hard to imagine how. You just think back to a time where a major disease was around, and how now and it's cured, and you can feel first hand what it's like to live in a world without that disease because of how a human eradicated it.
  • Spiito
    1913 posts Member
    Becoming a collective like the borg might be enjoyable though haha never know until you try :D

    Try have more faith in humanity. I mean who woulda thought we'd ever make it out of the dark ages or the caves and be here right now. Those people back in those times would never in their wildest dreams be able to comprehend what a smart phone is capable of or what doctors can do for people these days. The giant wars of the 20th century are unlikely to happen again because of mutually assured destruction and also the world has become way more critical of itself and the entire planet seems much smaller and political issues more transparent and less open to leaders making rash decisions that could annihilate so many of us like in the past. The United States is also pushing further and further outwards into space. Within a few years people will be on mars. Colonies will exist throughout the solar system. And although that distance could lead to conflict (like in infinite warfare COD haha). As long as earth maintains supreme military dominance, then peace through strength will keep all in check. Either that or perhaps some highly technological advances human minds will by then be beyond feeling the need for conflict.

    I suppose it all could come crashing down. Who knows what A.I. will do when it comes about. Maybe it will be our friend. Maybe it won't. I suppose as long as it's programmed with artificial emotions similar to ours. We can at least assume that it's first programmed emotion will be compassion, and as long as it "feels" that then it has a chance at being nice. It will inevitably see us as a threat, but we also see it as a threat right now, yet we are deciding to bring it to life.

    Anyway, my point is to maybe just think a little more positive about the future. I mean you like star wars obviously. So probably enjoy thinking about what will happen eventually. Things will probably work out ok considering we've survived 2 world wars and the cold war.

    It might be enjoyable, but that's not practical. A hive mind would have no one opposing it of poor decisions that could lead to itsown genocide.

    Try to have faith in humanity... ?
    tumblr_p1wgb47VjU1weksw2o4_250.gif
    We should remain on our world and not taint others until we understand how to care for this one better. We don't need to leave, we could spin our rock off it's ring. Our home would be our ship and we could travel forever.

    A.I mirror and adopt behavior from humans. Infants teaching infants. That's not going to end well.

    By all means, strive for greatness, if you have the tolerance to deal with everything that isn't.
    Wknuto!
  • Does anyone have anything positive to say about the future?? Sooo much negativity!!

    Btw I did reply spiito. It's just waiting for approval.
  • No. I believe we are heading more towards Idiocracy.

    Speak for yourself.
  • Llunots wrote: »
    Maybe it sounds strange, but I think we extinct in this century.

    Why you think that?
  • Spiito wrote: »
    Becoming a collective like the borg might be enjoyable though haha never know until you try :D

    Try have more faith in humanity. I mean who woulda thought we'd ever make it out of the dark ages or the caves and be here right now. Those people back in those times would never in their wildest dreams be able to comprehend what a smart phone is capable of or what doctors can do for people these days. The giant wars of the 20th century are unlikely to happen again because of mutually assured destruction and also the world has become way more critical of itself and the entire planet seems much smaller and political issues more transparent and less open to leaders making rash decisions that could annihilate so many of us like in the past. The United States is also pushing further and further outwards into space. Within a few years people will be on mars. Colonies will exist throughout the solar system. And although that distance could lead to conflict (like in infinite warfare COD haha). As long as earth maintains supreme military dominance, then peace through strength will keep all in check. Either that or perhaps some highly technological advances human minds will by then be beyond feeling the need for conflict.

    I suppose it all could come crashing down. Who knows what A.I. will do when it comes about. Maybe it will be our friend. Maybe it won't. I suppose as long as it's programmed with artificial emotions similar to ours. We can at least assume that it's first programmed emotion will be compassion, and as long as it "feels" that then it has a chance at being nice. It will inevitably see us as a threat, but we also see it as a threat right now, yet we are deciding to bring it to life.

    Anyway, my point is to maybe just think a little more positive about the future. I mean you like star wars obviously. So probably enjoy thinking about what will happen eventually. Things will probably work out ok considering we've survived 2 world wars and the cold war.

    It might be enjoyable, but that's not practical. A hive mind would have no one opposing it of poor decisions that could lead to itsown genocide.

    Try to have faith in humanity... ?
    tumblr_p1wgb47VjU1weksw2o4_250.gif
    We should remain on our world and not taint others until we understand how to care for this one better. We don't need to leave, we could spin our rock off it's ring. Our home would be our ship and we could travel forever.

    A.I mirror and adopt behavior from humans. Infants teaching infants. That's not going to end well.

    By all means, strive for greatness, if you have the tolerance to deal with everything that isn't.

    I don't really understand why a hive mind would make decisions that would lead to it's own destruction. It's not like the borg are anything like that. If anything for certain can be said of the borg, they are all about preservation of their civilisation.

    I'm pretty sure space travel through star ships and colonisation of planets is a lot easier than moving the entire planet with us haha. What would be your plan to replace the sun while we've left the solar system? Haha unless you get an artificial replacement for the sun exactly right, then you can kiss goodbye a lot of the wildlife. Also why can't we just find a world without life on it but livable atmosphere? I mean there is no harm in tainting anything in that scenario.
  • Spiito wrote: »
    This thread was magnificent to read.
    skincarver wrote: »
    [...]
    Before altering ourselves there’s unused capacity that needs to be accessed.

    The next step in our evolution is to
    reorganize the whole planet, raise knowledge and awareness, co-operate on a global level and effectively become one.
    These steps are required to go beyond of what we can imagine.

    Sticking to the current system in all it forms will ultimately result in our doom.
    Becoming one would require a lot of minds to be on the same channel. A lot of minds would need to be similar and produce similar thoughts. (No thank you.) I kind of like the diversity of individuality and difference of opinion. Clashing perspectives giving life to new ones.

    We reorganized rivers, lakes, and mountains, etc, and caused destruction to ecosystems which previously teemed with life.

    All paths lead to Doom.

    There is no order that is required.
    David1543 wrote: »
    Another thing to consider is that if transhumanism ever happened It would probably be by some control freak's design and could be used as a form of mind control. Would you like to lose your free will and have your mind programed to obey procedures installed in your brain without a second thought? All It takes is a tiny microchip to turn you into a subservient drone. It is very much likely that It would be a tool of abuse rather than "improving" humanity. Following pleasures are not always the rational way to go. Drugs make you feel good and destroy you internally, in the same way transhumanism destroys your humanity, but for reasons that I think are far more based within vanity and stupidity.

    I'd just like to point out that a few cultures which used to be individual / different are no longer following their previous course of cultural development, since they've been monotonized into previously larger colonization efforts.
    Brainwashing doesn't require a chip. We are organic so there are organic means of imposing control of behavior. There is more than one way to put an idea into someone's mind, presently.

    Destruction is inevitable. Some people seek to accelerate it and be done.

    What I’m trying to say has nothing at all to do with a hive mind collective or conformity in thought.
    On the opposite, it would mean ultimate freedom for everyone to do as they like.

    And sure as heck I don’t want to reorganize nature, mankind has already done enough harm as it is.

    It is difficult to think of an alternative way of living when all of us are raised in our respective environments and societies, and therefore are -for lack of a better word- indoctrinated to believe that the society we have built is the be-all and the end-all of societies.
    Considering how unjust our system is, rooting for it is rather comical.

    For those who are interested:

    A proposal of a different (better) society; I have revisited

    www.thevenusproject.com

    and have watched their 90min documentary. It is quite watchable, not without minor flaws and you don’t necessarily have to agree on everything that is said.

    However, their proposal is better than anything we have today and if
    you’re unfamiliar with it I would suggest to watch it.

    It’s a positive possibility of a future we could have in just a few years, but in order to achieve it a major reorganization of our world, our societies and our thoughts would be required.

    Doom is only inevitable if we continue to operate the way we do.
    If we don’t change our ways the outlook is not so good.

    Einstein comes into ones mind:

    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones”


  • skincarver wrote: »
    Spiito wrote: »
    This thread was magnificent to read.
    skincarver wrote: »
    [...]
    Before altering ourselves there’s unused capacity that needs to be accessed.

    The next step in our evolution is to
    reorganize the whole planet, raise knowledge and awareness, co-operate on a global level and effectively become one.
    These steps are required to go beyond of what we can imagine.

    Sticking to the current system in all it forms will ultimately result in our doom.
    Becoming one would require a lot of minds to be on the same channel. A lot of minds would need to be similar and produce similar thoughts. (No thank you.) I kind of like the diversity of individuality and difference of opinion. Clashing perspectives giving life to new ones.

    We reorganized rivers, lakes, and mountains, etc, and caused destruction to ecosystems which previously teemed with life.

    All paths lead to Doom.

    There is no order that is required.
    David1543 wrote: »
    Another thing to consider is that if transhumanism ever happened It would probably be by some control freak's design and could be used as a form of mind control. Would you like to lose your free will and have your mind programed to obey procedures installed in your brain without a second thought? All It takes is a tiny microchip to turn you into a subservient drone. It is very much likely that It would be a tool of abuse rather than "improving" humanity. Following pleasures are not always the rational way to go. Drugs make you feel good and destroy you internally, in the same way transhumanism destroys your humanity, but for reasons that I think are far more based within vanity and stupidity.

    I'd just like to point out that a few cultures which used to be individual / different are no longer following their previous course of cultural development, since they've been monotonized into previously larger colonization efforts.
    Brainwashing doesn't require a chip. We are organic so there are organic means of imposing control of behavior. There is more than one way to put an idea into someone's mind, presently.

    Destruction is inevitable. Some people seek to accelerate it and be done.

    What I’m trying to say has nothing at all to do with a hive mind collective or conformity in thought.
    On the opposite, it would mean ultimate freedom for everyone to do as they like.

    And sure as heck I don’t want to reorganize nature, mankind has already done enough harm as it is.

    It is difficult to think of an alternative way of living when all of us are raised in our respective environments and societies, and therefore are -for lack of a better word- indoctrinated to believe that the society we have built is the be-all and the end-all of societies.
    Considering how unjust our system is, rooting for it is rather comical.

    For those who are interested:

    A proposal of a different (better) society; I have revisited

    www.thevenusproject.com

    and have watched their 90min documentary. It is quite watchable, not without minor flaws and you don’t necessarily have to agree on everything that is said.

    However, their proposal is better than anything we have today and if
    you’re unfamiliar with it I would suggest to watch it.

    It’s a positive possibility of a future we could have in just a few years, but in order to achieve it a major reorganization of our world, our societies and our thoughts would be required.

    Doom is only inevitable if we continue to operate the way we do.
    If we don’t change our ways the outlook is not so good.

    Einstein comes into ones mind:

    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones”


    What is the gist of the venus project thing? I read the little blog they have about "what is the venus project?" and it sounded a lot like socialism. Humans aren't ready for a change like that for decades at least most likely. Once basic survival needs of every single person are met without having to be worked for, maybe then something along those lines, like on star trek TNG would work.

    Einstein shouldn't of said with a certainty that another world war would come about. But hey, it probably seemed imminent considering both world wars happened in his lifetime. We have the luxury of knowing what has happened the last 70-80 years, and there is no world war in sight. As long as America maintains global military dominance, no country will risk a war them or their allies. Thus keeping the peace.
  • If you like to know more it’s better you watch it and let them speak for themselves rather than me giving an inaccurate summarization.
    And it has nothing to do with any political concepts.

    You know why people aren’t ready for this? They aren’t taught it.
    Telling people we could live in a world without money is utterly incomprehensible to them.
    These are the things we need to teach, instead of getting pointed out the differences between us, be it politically, racially or whatever.
    That only serves to separate us.

    And seriously- I don’t know what peace you are talking about.
    Just because we can let the sun shine on our belly not all is fine and dandy.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ongoing_armed_conflicts

    The workings of the “military-industrial-complex” are common knowledge. Another field you can investigate should you be interested.

    It’s been a nice discussion, but this isn’t the place for politics and I don’t want to discuss these any longer and it would result in me getting perma-banned.

    Neither of us will change each others mind, all I can say is that IMHO the road we’re on will ultimately lead to destruction, what will come out of the rubble remains to be seen.

    On a side note: in Star Trek canon WWIII started 2026. First contact was made 2063. They too, went through a bottleneck but came out stronger. Would it be the same for us?

    Cu around when we talk Star Wars again.

    Infantry only game mode

    😀
  • skincarver wrote: »
    If you like to know more it’s better you watch it and let them speak for themselves rather than me giving an inaccurate summarization.
    And it has nothing to do with any political concepts.

    You know why people aren’t ready for this? They aren’t taught it.
    Telling people we could live in a world without money is utterly incomprehensible to them.
    These are the things we need to teach, instead of getting pointed out the differences between us, be it politically, racially or whatever.
    That only serves to separate us.

    And seriously- I don’t know what peace you are talking about.
    Just because we can let the sun shine on our belly not all is fine and dandy.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ongoing_armed_conflicts

    The workings of the “military-industrial-complex” are common knowledge. Another field you can investigate should you be interested.

    It’s been a nice discussion, but this isn’t the place for politics and I don’t want to discuss these any longer and it would result in me getting perma-banned.

    Neither of us will change each others mind, all I can say is that IMHO the road we’re on will ultimately lead to destruction, what will come out of the rubble remains to be seen.

    On a side note: in Star Trek canon WWIII started 2026. First contact was made 2063. They too, went through a bottleneck but came out stronger. Would it be the same for us?

    Cu around when we talk Star Wars again.

    Infantry only game mode

    😀

    Hmm, if you believe as much as you do in the venus project, then why wouldn't you give an inaccurate summary of it? Shouldn't you know it well enough to explain it if it's what you wish our path should be?

    90 Mins is a little long to devote to a concept by a man that spent his time writing all about what he wants the future to be rather than doing anything about it. I mean this thread is all well and good to talk about ideas and get the imagination going, but it ends there for us. The founder of the venus project spent his entire life basically writing and lecturing about an idea that (on the surface at least) seems to share socialist concepts and couldn't get anyone to follow him because he didn't lead by example. He's far from what someone like Elon Musk is. Fresco (venus project founder) could of devoted 30 or 40 years to scientific research that would benefit us all and better his cause and also jott down at least most of his thoughts about this concept of the future he has and he would of got more of a following if he had made actual successful scientific breakthroughs. Now he has the credibility of some random person that blogs about a future he would like to see. He has no position of scientific authority of which would gather the needed respect of people to pursue such a radical change in society. Hell, whatever his idea is, it may actually come to pass, but it almost definately won't be because of him that we make the change.

    We have relative world peace in regards to the percentage of wartime deaths of the human race throughout the decades and centuries. The only major conflict in the last 70 years was Vietnam, and that was only an extremely small fraction of death compared to the other wars throughout our time. Obviously I didn't mean absolute peace though, but just that no world powers have gone to war for a long long time and there is no sight of world war 3 on the horizon so far.

    This species has had its fair share of "bottleneck"ing as you put it. 2 world wars last century, a flu virus that killed 100 million people right after world war 1. The great depression in the 1930s. That was one hell of a horrible few decades. If you just take a moment to think that perhaps the worst is behind us, maybe fear of doom and gloom will pass. How can you be so pessimistic when there is so much less problems we face than the average person living in the early 20th century? I mean, in general, we have it so much better than any of them. So many people jump to looking at the bad things and rarely appreciating the good. It's so weird to me. This entire thread is full of some of the most depressing people I've heard from haha I shouldn't of expected much more considering it's the most negative forum on earth haha
  • Anyone at all have a positive outlook on the future??
  • No. I believe we are heading more towards Idiocracy.

    Speak for yourself.

    That trigger you? It’s clear to me that although technology has improved, people are too dependent on it, and I believe people are getting dumbed down by it.

    To play along with your thread, I think humanity on the whole is destructive. I believe that humans exploring space to the point of colonization would be a negative thing for the universe.
  • No. I believe we are heading more towards Idiocracy.

    Speak for yourself.

    That trigger you? It’s clear to me that although technology has improved, people are too dependent on it, and I believe people are getting dumbed down by it.

    To play along with your thread, I think humanity on the whole is destructive. I believe that humans exploring space to the point of colonization would be a negative thing for the universe.

    I asked for some positivity! Haha

    Why so negative?? Why?! How can you say that the technology that gives us the internet at our fingertips dumbs us down? Perhaps it enhances the stupidity of the already dumb and we're just more aware of those people because we're all a lot more connected these days and the entertainment industry has always propped up people for superficial reason alone. But almost every person on earth has access to every bit of information available to humans. Just the ones that use it for intelligent and productive reasons aren't necessarily as elevated as the ones doing it for reasons of vanity for example.

    I did however ask what people thought the future would exactly be like, rather than just to say humans are destructive. We might be, but can't you elaborate and say what it will be like rather than just saying we'll ruin the universe haha

    Also can't you think of anything positive??

    What's with all you people haha
  • No. I believe we are heading more towards Idiocracy.

    Speak for yourself.

    That trigger you? It’s clear to me that although technology has improved, people are too dependent on it, and I believe people are getting dumbed down by it.

    To play along with your thread, I think humanity on the whole is destructive. I believe that humans exploring space to the point of colonization would be a negative thing for the universe.

    I asked for some positivity! Haha

    Why so negative?? Why?! How can you say that the technology that gives us the internet at our fingertips dumbs us down? Perhaps it enhances the stupidity of the already dumb and we're just more aware of those people because we're all a lot more connected these days and the entertainment industry has always propped up people for superficial reason alone. But almost every person on earth has access to every bit of information available to humans. Just the ones that use it for intelligent and productive reasons aren't necessarily as elevated as the ones doing it for reasons of vanity for example.

    I did however ask what people thought the future would exactly be like, rather than just to say humans are destructive. We might be, but can't you elaborate and say what it will be like rather than just saying we'll ruin the universe haha

    Also can't you think of anything positive??

    What's with all you people haha

    Spend an afternoon on Reddit politics or political twitter and you might have as poor outlook as me haha. That’s my fault for reading that nonsense though. I do think we live in amazing times and things are really good right now for a lot of the world.

    I believe the world economic system that is based on endless growth is unsustainable. It currently seems to work because there are so many people, but I fear over population will catch up to us eventually. There are only so many resources.

    One positive for the near future. It looks like Trump will have an easy win in 2020 given the clowns the Dems are running atm. 😁
  • No. I believe we are heading more towards Idiocracy.

    Speak for yourself.

    That trigger you? It’s clear to me that although technology has improved, people are too dependent on it, and I believe people are getting dumbed down by it.

    To play along with your thread, I think humanity on the whole is destructive. I believe that humans exploring space to the point of colonization would be a negative thing for the universe.

    I asked for some positivity! Haha

    Why so negative?? Why?! How can you say that the technology that gives us the internet at our fingertips dumbs us down? Perhaps it enhances the stupidity of the already dumb and we're just more aware of those people because we're all a lot more connected these days and the entertainment industry has always propped up people for superficial reason alone. But almost every person on earth has access to every bit of information available to humans. Just the ones that use it for intelligent and productive reasons aren't necessarily as elevated as the ones doing it for reasons of vanity for example.

    I did however ask what people thought the future would exactly be like, rather than just to say humans are destructive. We might be, but can't you elaborate and say what it will be like rather than just saying we'll ruin the universe haha

    Also can't you think of anything positive??

    What's with all you people haha

    Spend an afternoon on Reddit politics or political twitter and you might have as poor outlook as me haha. That’s my fault for reading that nonsense though. I do think we live in amazing times and things are really good right now for a lot of the world.

    I believe the world economic system that is based on endless growth is unsustainable. It currently seems to work because there are so many people, but I fear over population will catch up to us eventually. There are only so many resources.

    One positive for the near future. It looks like Trump will have an easy win in 2020 given the clowns the Dems are running atm. 😁

    Omg your a trump supporter. Go away... only joking haha I bet that's the response you expected though! Trump is the man. Dems have no chance.

    Praise the Lord for someone at last saying something uplifting about the current world at least. Still striving for a good comment about the future, but I'll take it nonetheless haha. Well I just hope that we do what we always do, which is adapt and change to ensure our survival and at the very least the future of energy production/gathering will be very sustainable. Nuclear fusion (when net positive outputs come about), and even current fission reactors, are very reliable, safe and their nuclear reactants are in abundance. Them and solar power will no doubt ensure the longevity of our energy industry. So something good about the future at least.
  • One positive for the near future. It looks like Trump will have an easy win in 2020 given the clowns the Dems are running atm. 😁

    You’re one of those. Too bad.

    The shepherd may change but the sheep will always be sheep.
    #StarWars-y
  • No. I believe we are heading more towards Idiocracy.

    Speak for yourself.

    That trigger you? It’s clear to me that although technology has improved, people are too dependent on it, and I believe people are getting dumbed down by it.

    To play along with your thread, I think humanity on the whole is destructive. I believe that humans exploring space to the point of colonization would be a negative thing for the universe.

    I asked for some positivity! Haha

    Why so negative?? Why?! How can you say that the technology that gives us the internet at our fingertips dumbs us down? Perhaps it enhances the stupidity of the already dumb and we're just more aware of those people because we're all a lot more connected these days and the entertainment industry has always propped up people for superficial reason alone. But almost every person on earth has access to every bit of information available to humans. Just the ones that use it for intelligent and productive reasons aren't necessarily as elevated as the ones doing it for reasons of vanity for example.

    I did however ask what people thought the future would exactly be like, rather than just to say humans are destructive. We might be, but can't you elaborate and say what it will be like rather than just saying we'll ruin the universe haha

    Also can't you think of anything positive??

    What's with all you people haha

    Spend an afternoon on Reddit politics or political twitter and you might have as poor outlook as me haha. That’s my fault for reading that nonsense though. I do think we live in amazing times and things are really good right now for a lot of the world.

    I believe the world economic system that is based on endless growth is unsustainable. It currently seems to work because there are so many people, but I fear over population will catch up to us eventually. There are only so many resources.

    One positive for the near future. It looks like Trump will have an easy win in 2020 given the clowns the Dems are running atm. 😁

    Omg your a trump supporter. Go away... only joking haha I bet that's the response you expected though! Trump is the man. Dems have no chance.

    Praise the Lord for someone at last saying something uplifting about the current world at least. Still striving for a good comment about the future, but I'll take it nonetheless haha. Well I just hope that we do what we always do, which is adapt and change to ensure our survival and at the very least the future of energy production/gathering will be very sustainable. Nuclear fusion (when net positive outputs come about), and even current fission reactors, are very reliable, safe and their nuclear reactants are in abundance. Them and solar power will no doubt ensure the longevity of our energy industry. So something good about the future at least.

    Haha I did expect that. I am also optimistic about the future of nuclear energy, especially gen 4 nuclear.
  • One positive for the near future. It looks like Trump will have an easy win in 2020 given the clowns the Dems are running atm. 😁

    You’re one of those. Too bad.

    The shepherd may change but the sheep will always be sheep.


    I’m sure the irony and lack of self awareness of your own statement is lost on you.
  • Jett_Fett_91166
    3810 posts Member
    edited August 18
    One positive for the near future. It looks like Trump will have an easy win in 2020 given the clowns the Dems are running atm. 😁

    You’re one of those. Too bad.

    The shepherd may change but the sheep will always be sheep.


    I’m sure the irony and lack of self awareness of your own statement is lost on you.

    Not at all. Both parties have deteriorated but I’ll take the one without the [email protected]
    #StarWars-y
  • One positive for the near future. It looks like Trump will have an easy win in 2020 given the clowns the Dems are running atm. 😁

    You’re one of those. Too bad.

    The shepherd may change but the sheep will always be sheep.


    I’m sure the irony and lack of self awareness of your own statement is lost on you.

    Not at all. Both parties have deteriorated but I’ll take the one without the [email protected]

    So predictable...and you call me a sheep. Orange man bad because CNN says so. EvEryONeIsaNaZi! Enjoy siding with Antifa communist that chant about hating America. You probably believe the Russia collusion hoax and the fine people hoax.
  • Spiito
    1913 posts Member
    edited August 18
    I don't really understand why a hive mind would make decisions that would lead to it's own destruction. It's not like the borg are anything like that. If anything for certain can be said of the borg, they are all about preservation of their civilisation.

    I'm pretty sure space travel through star ships and colonisation of planets is a lot easier than moving the entire planet with us haha. What would be your plan to replace the sun while we've left the solar system? Haha unless you get an artificial replacement for the sun exactly right, then you can kiss goodbye a lot of the wildlife. Also why can't we just find a world without life on it but livable atmosphere? I mean there is no harm in tainting anything in that scenario.
    Virus. Mental illness. Lack of perspectives focused in unique directions that would prevent something which a hive mind would overlook. ""Mental-hijacking"" (?) Via biology we can observe that minds can be hijacked, you can see this in some insects, and you might be able to find something about humans studying how to use tools/technology to take control of lesser mammals' minds in lab studies. Psychology probably has some interesting ideas regarding influence and suggestion, but I don't particularly feel like the knowledge humanity has collected in that field's various regards are complete nor accurate. Meanwhile, anything can be said about the Borg because they're fiction.

    Experimental Advanced Superconducting Tokamak (EAST) reactor might be the first steps being made towards what could be used to understanding how humans could survive without our sun. Maybe not themselves personally, but the work being done there could inspire some minds to put other puzzle pieces together. Elsewhere, studies being made into liquid light might be beneficial... If collaborations between differing fields could be achieved, then lack of sun wouldn't be too big of a deal for our Death-Star-Earth inhabitants. ((Wouldn't we rename our planet after making it into a ship/A traveling vessel/cell? Star-Ship-Earth doesn't really sound all that impressive...)) Anyways, we're using natural forces to float satellites around in order to communicate right now. So why not use greater natural forces to explore.

    Positivity and negativity are both required. Literally and figuratively.

    This is our rock. We were born here. I prefer the mindset of a turtle rather than a hermit crab. I would bring my home with me and travel. People constantly show me that by thinking they can live wherever they want on land, they drive other species to death. If we find a place to live where we think we won't be disturbing anything, chances are we will be doing so in ignorance. We would either prevent that other rock's natural course of development, or we would destroy its presently-in-motion cultural development.
    Wknuto!
  • Star Wars and any Sci-Fi similar to it are no where near where I expect humanity to go. Cyberpunk is much more realistic
  • Alex64
    7672 posts Member
    there's no future
    Why so serious?
  • Spiito
    1913 posts Member
    skincarver wrote: »
    What I’m trying to say has nothing at all to do with a hive mind collective or conformity in thought.
    On the opposite, it would mean ultimate freedom for everyone to do as they like.

    And sure as heck I don’t want to reorganize nature, mankind has already done enough harm as it is.

    It is difficult to think of an alternative way of living when all of us are raised in our respective environments and societies, and therefore are -for lack of a better word- indoctrinated to believe that the society we have built is the be-all and the end-all of societies.
    Considering how unjust our system is, rooting for it is rather comical.

    For those who are interested:

    A proposal of a different (better) society; I have revisited

    www.thevenusproject.com

    and have watched their 90min documentary. It is quite watchable, not without minor flaws and you don’t necessarily have to agree on everything that is said.

    However, their proposal is better than anything we have today and if
    you’re unfamiliar with it I would suggest to watch it.

    It’s a positive possibility of a future we could have in just a few years, but in order to achieve it a major reorganization of our world, our societies and our thoughts would be required.

    Doom is only inevitable if we continue to operate the way we do.
    If we don’t change our ways the outlook is not so good.

    Einstein comes into ones mind:

    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones”
    Things are never so straightforward as words depict them to be.

    That Venus project sounds very familiar, I believe I looked into it a long time ago.

    In a later post you go on, "Telling people we could live in a world without money is utterly incomprehensible to them."
    (Ah, yes. I most certainly did. Heh, it's coming back to me, slightly.)
    It's not incomprehensible. There are just vast differences of opinion. c:
    Imagine, if we didn't squabble over ownership and money, we'd already have X-men crossed over with Avengers media to enjoy on the big screen, but as things are now - instead - we have silly contracts bound by business and we're waiting on old ties to expire /alter before we can enjoy stories that a lot of us *want* to see filmed. Stories which have already been told on paper. SMH. There are a lot of aspects about society that are depressingly amusing, but I suppose the same could be said for existence in general.

    Wknuto!
  • ROMG4
    2893 posts Member
    edited August 18
    ROMLUM! Stretches across the Milky Way Galaxy, besieged by Xenos, Monsters, and galactic horrors. For 10,000 years it has endured, protected by fleets of warships and legions of cybernetic and cybernetically enhanced warriors, The Mighty OOM Marines. They are more than mortal and machine, they are steel and they are Doom. They are the champions of Mankind and The greatest of them all are the OOM Class B-1 Battle Droids.
    Post edited by ROMG4 on
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Spiito wrote: »
    I don't really understand why a hive mind would make decisions that would lead to it's own destruction. It's not like the borg are anything like that. If anything for certain can be said of the borg, they are all about preservation of their civilisation.

    I'm pretty sure space travel through star ships and colonisation of planets is a lot easier than moving the entire planet with us haha. What would be your plan to replace the sun while we've left the solar system? Haha unless you get an artificial replacement for the sun exactly right, then you can kiss goodbye a lot of the wildlife. Also why can't we just find a world without life on it but livable atmosphere? I mean there is no harm in tainting anything in that scenario.
    Virus. Mental illness. Lack of perspectives focused in unique directions that would prevent something which a hive mind would overlook. ""Mental-hijacking"" (?) Via biology we can observe that minds can be hijacked, you can see this in some insects, and you might be able to find something about humans studying how to use tools/technology to take control of lesser mammals' minds in lab studies. Psychology probably has some interesting ideas regarding influence and suggestion, but I don't particularly feel like the knowledge humanity has collected in that field's various regards are complete nor accurate. Meanwhile, anything can be said about the Borg because they're fiction.

    Experimental Advanced Superconducting Tokamak (EAST) reactor might be the first steps being made towards what could be used to understanding how humans could survive without our sun. Maybe not themselves personally, but the work being done there could inspire some minds to put other puzzle pieces together. Elsewhere, studies being made into liquid light might be beneficial... If collaborations between differing fields could be achieved, then lack of sun wouldn't be too big of a deal for our Death-Star-Earth inhabitants. ((Wouldn't we rename our planet after making it into a ship/A traveling vessel/cell? Star-Ship-Earth doesn't really sound all that impressive...)) Anyways, we're using natural forces to float satellites around in order to communicate right now. So why not use greater natural forces to explore.

    Positivity and negativity are both required. Literally and figuratively.

    This is our rock. We were born here. I prefer the mindset of a turtle rather than a hermit crab. I would bring my home with me and travel. People constantly show me that by thinking they can live wherever they want on land, they drive other species to death. If we find a place to live where we think we won't be disturbing anything, chances are we will be doing so in ignorance. We would either prevent that other rock's natural course of development, or we would destroy its presently-in-motion cultural development.

    Maybe one day the planet will be moved to explore things. I suppose eventually some kind of artificial sun could be created. But I also wonder why we would bother moving it when you could just take a ship with a holodeck and just pretend you're on earth whenever you like. Also everyone would have to agree on it. By the time that would be possible, there would be colonies all throughout the solar system. Perhaps people wouldn't want their home moved away from friends and family that live nearby. Or even if instant travel was possible at that point so that they could visit mars for example whenever they like, then moving the planet would become a useless endeavour anyway. Moving the planet out of a need for survival because of the sun eventually dying or a black hole approaching would obviously be good reasons to move however.

    I know positivity and negatively are required. Have you read this thread though??? The whole thing is negative almost. So I asked for some more uplifting thoughts.

    To say the Earth is ours is a little arrogant. There's no difference to us being here and destroying wildlife on this planet than moving to another planet and destroying the wildlife that lives or could eventually live there. Just because something lives on a more distant object to us, we should respect it's right to live more than that of things that live on the object we grew up on? Technological advance is apart of natural evolution. I mean we are "natural" beings. Anything we create must be considered so also. Many humans think we're so above nature. Imagine a highly advanced and telepathic and telekinetic race looking down at us and seeing the current handheld objects we use to get jobs done.we would look like chimpanzees to them. We would just look like we're apart of the natural environment. And to assume that a species from another world has no natural right to insert itself into another planets ecosystem based off of the argument of some kind of natural preservation, is a little backwards thinking. Assuming that ^ is your only argument for not interfering. A human with a smart phone is just as apart of nature as is a monkey with a stick.

  • Star Wars and any Sci-Fi similar to it are no where near where I expect humanity to go. Cyberpunk is much more realistic

    Yessss. Cyberpunk looks pretty realistic for the near future hey. It could certainly go the way of having all those implants. Seems odd to imagine that now, but who's going to pass up the opportunity to have super strength or intelligence just at the cost of having a few lines of metal muddying the surface of your skin. Deaf people do it now with their implants into their brains.
  • Spiito
    1913 posts Member
    edited August 19
    Maybe one day the planet will be moved to explore things. I suppose eventually some kind of artificial sun could be created. But I also wonder why we would bother moving it when you could just take a ship with a holodeck and just pretend you're on earth whenever you like. Also everyone would have to agree on it. By the time that would be possible, there would be colonies all throughout the solar system. Perhaps people wouldn't want their home moved away from friends and family that live nearby. Or even if instant travel was possible at that point so that they could visit mars for example whenever they like, then moving the planet would become a useless endeavour anyway. Moving the planet out of a need for survival because of the sun eventually dying or a black hole approaching would obviously be good reasons to move however.

    I know positivity and negatively are required. Have you read this thread though??? The whole thing is negative almost. So I asked for some more uplifting thoughts.

    To say the Earth is ours is a little arrogant. There's no difference to us being here and destroying wildlife on this planet than moving to another planet and destroying the wildlife that lives or could eventually live there. Just because something lives on a more distant object to us, we should respect it's right to live more than that of things that live on the object we grew up on? Technological advance is apart of natural evolution. I mean we are "natural" beings. Anything we create must be considered so also. Many humans think we're so above nature. Imagine a highly advanced and telepathic and telekinetic race looking down at us and seeing the current handheld objects we use to get jobs done.we would look like chimpanzees to them. We would just look like we're apart of the natural environment. And to assume that a species from another world has no natural right to insert itself into another planets ecosystem based off of the argument of some kind of natural preservation, is a little backwards thinking. Assuming that ^ is your only argument for not interfering. A human with a smart phone is just as apart of nature as is a monkey with a stick.

    Things that are in place now, not every one agrees upon but continue to happen anyways. It's doubtful that you will ever get everyone to agree on whether we should move out of our ring or not. Man-made ships would be fine additions for temporary traveling distances, but our environment/s would alter us over generations, which is why I don't think man-made ships would be good long term living conditions.

    How you perceive responses as positive and/or negative is up to you. But I feel as though we differ in what we consider to be negative expressions.

    Yes. - - - "we should respect it's right to live" period. I guess I didn't make myself clear enough when I said, "We should remain on our world and not taint others until we understand how to care for this one better." Foreign bodies being introduced to other environments causes damage. We still have a lot of repair and responsibility to do here on Earth that is being neglected. We've maybe not fully learned important things if we think crossing the space-ocean to new land-worlds is a good idea. Voyaging over Earth oceans to new lands/countries brought a lot of halting to cultures natural development, and in some cases the extinction of animal life. Traveling to new worlds is disrespectful to future life that would be slated to grow there naturally on it's own... Without the introduction of alien material to itself.
    I'm not saying tech is unnatural. I'm saying ecosystems/societies/cultures/plants/animals cease, or never come to be, where they normally would have without reckless travelers.

    Maybe it's arrogant to claim anything is possessed as One's own, but I like to think that we were born of Earth, so we are it's and it is ours. If we weren't, then I'm wrong. *Shrug* But Earth has served as an example and taught us what consequences can look like based on the actions we made on it. We can continue to observe things on other worlds and in space from here, we don't need to directly be in contact with alien life or other worlds to learn more. We should be practicing self restraint, and reflection, not gluttony for living space/territory we don't presently need.

    I do say all of this and reflect of course that without traveling bodies in the first place, primordial goo would never have changed into anything other than goo... But some of us are at a point where we can understand and ask ourselves if we should be more than what we are at the cost of other life. Pretty sure goo doesn't get to make that call, but I'm no goo expert...
    Wknuto!
  • Star Wars and any Sci-Fi similar to it are no where near where I expect humanity to go. Cyberpunk is much more realistic

    Yessss. Cyberpunk looks pretty realistic for the near future hey. It could certainly go the way of having all those implants. Seems odd to imagine that now, but who's going to pass up the opportunity to have super strength or intelligence just at the cost of having a few lines of metal muddying the surface of your skin. Deaf people do it now with their implants into their brains.

    For me personally, I would stay as far away from any implants unless for medical needs. Just seem way too easy for things to go wrong for the benfit of those who wish to do harm
  • Also, as you are asking for more positive responses, if we as a species dedicated all our knowledge, skills and money to anti-global warming efforts and space travel, I think we could end up with something similar to Star Wars, or at the very least Halo
  • MajorChief_IX
    183 posts Member
    edited August 19
    Interesting to hear all these discussions on the future. Don't get me wrong, I love technology such as films, games and spaceships, but sometimes I think it would be great just to go back in time and live in the Ice Age. A more simple life where I live in a cave and spend my days exploring and gathering with my family. I like cold weather much more than I like hot weather. It is one of my more peaceful dreams and I don't know if I'd choose it over some of the others but it is still something I think about.

    Question for everyone suggesting that technology can give you super intelligance:

    If you take someone and increase their intelligence, than wouldn't that completely change their personality as a person? There is an episode of Spongebob Squarepants where the stupid character Patrick gains hyper-intelligence and he loses his fun-loving persona to become a bored and depressed Scientist. The moral of the episode comes around when he gives up his intelligence to become happy again. It is something to consider.
    Instant Action is on the horizon! Thank you DICE so much for this incredible addition to the game!
  • Interesting to hear all these discussions on the future. Don't get me wrong, I love technology such as films, games and spaceships, but sometimes I think it would be great just to go back in time and live in the Ice Age. A more simple life where I live in a cave and spend my days exploring and gathering with my family. I like cold weather much more than I like hot weather. It is one of my more peaceful dreams and I don't know if I'd choose it over some of the others but it is still something I think about.

    Question for everyone suggesting that technology can give you super intelligance:

    If you take someone and increase their intelligence, than wouldn't that completely change their personality as a person? There is an episode of Spongebob Squarepants where the stupid character Patrick gains hyper-intelligence and he loses his fun-loving persona to become a bored and depressed Scientist. The moral of the episode comes around when he gives up his intelligence to become happy again. It is something to consider.

    Haha yeah that also reminds me of the Futurama episode where that monkey gets a hat that makes him really smart but he becomes depressed until his hat is damaged and he's only sort of smart.

    I think it's possible that if someone that has little interest in "smart" things, then maybe it would cause them to become depressed or lose certain aspects of their personality. They might be able to find a way to develop new interests though and maybe come to terms with leaving behind old aspects of themselves. I mean just because someone is smart doesn't necessarily mean they can't find the same things in life to be fun that an average or dumb person might enjoy. Plus, all throughout childhood to adulthood we are constantly changing and losing old habits and interests and developing new ones. Even looking back on the old ones and wonder why we ever did those things. It'll probably be something like that I imagine.

    Yeah the old way of life is very appealing. Seems like more of a easier set of guidelines to follow in life to be happy. Whereas nowadays or the future, things become more complex and there is more opportunity around, therefore more choices and finding out exactly what you want becomes all the more difficult and surrounded by things that can deceive you into believing they are what you want because they are so close to actually being that thing. Even simple things like which chocolate to chose can become a 1 or 2 minute decision to try and narrow down what you're craving at the time haha
  • Also, as you are asking for more positive responses, if we as a species dedicated all our knowledge, skills and money to anti-global warming efforts and space travel, I think we could end up with something similar to Star Wars, or at the very least Halo

    What do you think of elon musk and his efforts to do exactly what you said basically?
  • Also, as you are asking for more positive responses, if we as a species dedicated all our knowledge, skills and money to anti-global warming efforts and space travel, I think we could end up with something similar to Star Wars, or at the very least Halo

    What do you think of elon musk and his efforts to do exactly what you said basically?

    I absolutely love it, alongside Virgin as well
  • Zirius
    319 posts Member
    edited August 20
    Does anyone have anything positive to say about the future?? Sooo much negativity!!

    The future won't look bright most probably, because, stated by others as well, humans are simply destructive. Wars, conflicts, pollution, excessive hunting etc... Plus, the population is constantly rising ( we're almost 10 billions), and there are less and less resources. We're destroying this poor planet little by little.

  • Yea America politics is slowly getting poppier and poopier. I mean Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton were our choices, how much of a joke could we be. Our politics are all ran by the 1% and people still think it’s worth it to vote.

    I like that theory were all already dead and were in a simulation since 2012, at least it makes sense for all this weird stuff happening
  • Also, as you are asking for more positive responses, if we as a species dedicated all our knowledge, skills and money to anti-global warming efforts and space travel, I think we could end up with something similar to Star Wars, or at the very least Halo

    What do you think of elon musk and his efforts to do exactly what you said basically?

    I absolutely love it, alongside Virgin as well

    Yeah I think he's given a lot of people hope for a better future. I don't even care at this point if he makes good on his ambitions about mars, coz at the very least he's brought back a lot of the awe and wonder that would of been around during the race to the moon. Too many people can't understand wanting to get off the planet and explore. It's like if a dollar sign or if a problem here on earth isn't the focus then it's not worth while. They just can't see past the fact that just because we don't know what's out there, doesn't mean that something on another world or moon will give us major breakthroughs here on earth. Imagine if these people got their way and the English just never left Great Britain haha the whole species would hardly have any of the progress we have today. There'd be no America or Australia as it is today. Just the natives still running around the same as they did for 40,000 years. Some people might say that's a good thing. But c'mon...how many more years of the same stuff do they want? Haha only a matter of time until an extinction event comes along, and only technology will save us from that.
  • Zirius wrote: »
    Does anyone have anything positive to say about the future?? Sooo much negativity!!

    The future won't look bright most probably, because, stated by others as well, humans are simply destructive. Wars, conflicts, pollution, excessive hunting etc... Plus, the population is constantly rising ( we're almost 10 billions), and there are less and less resources. We're destroying this poor planet little by little.

    But we have hardly had any major wars in the last 70 years. Also we are doing better with pollution. It will never get to toxic levels to the point of our death. CO2 only risen 100 ppm since the industrial revolution. I think it's at like 380ppm right now, which is farrr from having a negative effect on us. Humans can survive without any adverse effects from CO2 up to at least about 800-1000ppm. We have time to fix it. Also fossil fuels will run out well before it ever reaches those levels anyway, so we have no choice but to use solar and nuclear power. Both extremely clean ways to produce energy. Granted, the hunting part is bad, and countries like Japan that kill species like whales n that should be brought into line. We should do a lot better there.
  • Yea America politics is slowly getting poppier and poopier. I mean Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton were our choices, how much of a joke could we be. Our politics are all ran by the 1% and people still think it’s worth it to vote.

    I like that theory were all already dead and were in a simulation since 2012, at least it makes sense for all this weird stuff happening

    Isn't America thriving at the moment though? Haha like record low unemployment and GDP growth extremely high. Also seems to be holding it's own against China in the trade war. I don't think China knows what it got itself into really.
  • Yea America politics is slowly getting poppier and poopier. I mean Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton were our choices, how much of a joke could we be. Our politics are all ran by the 1% and people still think it’s worth it to vote.

    I like that theory were all already dead and were in a simulation since 2012, at least it makes sense for all this weird stuff happening

    Isn't America thriving at the moment though? Haha like record low unemployment and GDP growth extremely high. Also seems to be holding it's own against China in the trade war. I don't think China knows what it got itself into really.

    America will never fail. It hardly has any reflection on whose the president. Capitalism is the victor. 1 of the few things trump did was help to keep jobs in the country and lowered their taxes, but that’s what any republican would’ve done, if he is that. The Chinese protest are helping more than a lot, one could call it leverage.
  • American politics is the joke
  • Also, as you are asking for more positive responses, if we as a species dedicated all our knowledge, skills and money to anti-global warming efforts and space travel, I think we could end up with something similar to Star Wars, or at the very least Halo

    What do you think of elon musk and his efforts to do exactly what you said basically?

    I absolutely love it, alongside Virgin as well

    Yeah I think he's given a lot of people hope for a better future. I don't even care at this point if he makes good on his ambitions about mars, coz at the very least he's brought back a lot of the awe and wonder that would of been around during the race to the moon. Too many people can't understand wanting to get off the planet and explore. It's like if a dollar sign or if a problem here on earth isn't the focus then it's not worth while. They just can't see past the fact that just because we don't know what's out there, doesn't mean that something on another world or moon will give us major breakthroughs here on earth. Imagine if these people got their way and the English just never left Great Britain haha the whole species would hardly have any of the progress we have today. There'd be no America or Australia as it is today. Just the natives still running around the same as they did for 40,000 years. Some people might say that's a good thing. But c'mon...how many more years of the same stuff do they want? Haha only a matter of time until an extinction event comes along, and only technology will save us from that.

    Very true
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!