criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

New game mode concept — Cruiser Assault

SwankyHotel
7 posts Member
edited August 17
This game mode may never be a thing not is it very well thought out but it would incorporate a feature you’ve never experienced. Cruiser Assault. I like the big game modes and like piloting starfighters, but after a while it gets kinda boring. Cruiser assault is a large game mode where multiple players control a star cruiser (Star desrtoyer, Mon Calamari, etc) vehicles. Similar to star fighter assault, but with three or four cruisers on each side, attack or defend certain objectives.

HOW THE CRUISERS PLAY
- one pilot in control of the cruiser
- Two players in control of turbolasers (one on each side)
- One player to control a special ability (like say for instance on an Agressor class they would control the missile launchers)

HOW THE GAME MODE WORKS
- teams of four cruisers battle over control of objectives (like capital supremacy)
- Each team has a command ship not in the battle
- Once a team has enough points gained, from capturing and holding objectives, they can have the opertunity to board the enemy command ship (you can also choose to remain in you cruiser to attack the command ship)
- Players that board the command ship must try to disable the shield generator protecting it
- Boarding players each will have 10 lives to disable the generator
- While enemies are disabling the generator, the shield will be down and the command ship will be vulnerable to the enemy cruisers attack (players who chose not to board)
- Once every player has spent their lives, you will return to main cruiser assault game and continue playing
- while the enemies are boarding your command ship (or vice versa) you or the enemies who didn’t board continue fighting over the objectives
- Once you or the enemy team enough of their own points you can board while the enemy is on your command ship
- Once the generator is disabled, the shield will be permanently down and the command ship will always be vulnerable to enemy attack (once the shield is down, the objectives will be removed a time limiter will replace them)
- The time limited will give them five minutes to destroy the command ship. If you don’t the other team wins

MAPS
- it would probably feature the same maps as star fighter assault and maybe some new additions

I know this is really complicated and may never be added but I thought it would be an interesting idea for a new game mode. Thank you

Replies

• This game mode may never be a thing not is it very well thought out but it would incorporate a feature you’ve never experienced. Cruiser Assault. I like the big game modes and like piloting starfighters, but after a while it gets kinda boring. Cruiser assault is a large game mode where multiple players control a star cruiser (Star desrtoyer, Mon Calamari, etc) vehicles. Similar to star fighter assault, but with three or four cruisers on each side, attack or defend certain objectives.

HOW THE CRUISERS PLAY
    - one pilot in control of the cruiser
    - Two players in control of turbolasers (one on each side)
    - One player to control a special ability (like say for instance on an Agressor class they would control the missile launchers)

HOW THE GAME MODE WORKS
    - teams of four cruisers battle over control of objectives (like capital supremacy)
    - Each team has a command ship not in the battle
    - Once a team has enough points gained, from capturing and holding objectives, they can have the opertunity to board the enemy command ship (you can also choose to remain in you cruiser to attack the command ship)
    - Players that board the command ship must try to disable the shield generator protecting it
    - Boarding players each will have 10 lives to disable the generator
    - While enemies are disabling the generator, the shield will be down and the command ship will be vulnerable to the enemy cruisers attack (players who chose not to board)
    - Once every player has spent their lives, you will return to main cruiser assault game and continue playing
    - while the enemies are boarding your command ship (or vice versa) you or the enemies who didn’t board continue fighting over the objectives
    - Once you or the enemy team enough of their own points you can board while the enemy is on your command ship
    - Once the generator is disabled, the shield will be permanently down and the command ship will always be vulnerable to enemy attack (once the shield is down, the objectives will be removed a time limiter will replace them)
    - The time limited will give them five minutes to destroy the command ship. If you don’t the other team wins

MAPS
    - it would probably feature the same maps as star fighter assault and maybe some new additions

I know this is really complicated and may never be added but I thought it would be an interesting idea for a new game mode. Thank you

Suggestions...I rather let the cruisers be AI controlled, and the turrets automatic (also AI controlled. It can play as a good mode in space with both players and AI players dogfighting while the rest of the teams wrest control of the opposing capital ship similar to CS.
  • SQJACKIE
    1249 posts Member
    I would like a gamemode where players have to destroy ship's shields, turrets, command bridges and get in them to fight inside like in the og game.