criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

It’s Time To Talk About How OP Han Solo Is

2Next

Replies

• MC_XIX
    1917 posts Member
    The general consensus here is that he is a glass cannon so everything is justified.
    But what happens when the "glass cannon" gets 910 hp (more than any hero except Vader) or 770 hp + 50 % damage reduction + no blaster heat build up + The "not a stun" Detonite every 6 seconds + "Not also a stun" Shoulder Charge every 5 seconds ?

That's a problem with Yoda and Finn's overpowered health buffs, not Han himself. I agree that he's unstoppable when regularly buffed by Yoda and/or Finn, so if anything their buffs need to be toned down. I've always said that a LS team with a supportive Yoda or Finn buffing them 24/7 is better than anything the DS has.
  • The general consensus here is that he is a glass cannon so everything is justified.
    But what happens when the "glass cannon" gets 910 hp (more than any hero except Vader) or 770 hp + 50 % damage reduction + no blaster heat build up + The "not a stun" Detonite every 6 seconds + "Not also a stun" Shoulder Charge every 5 seconds ?

Uhh , get kylo to pull finn and han. Ill come in to barrage, and Vader still has his choke. And whoever we have as a 4th will come to attack the others while we already killed the two blaster heroes (finn and han). Han with yoda/finn health is still easy to kill. Thr only way they'll survive is if they're hiding in a room and the whole team is in there. Finn and han will not defeat Vader and whoever else alone.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    The general consensus here is that he is a glass cannon so everything is justified.

That's a problem with Yoda and Finn's overpowered health buffs, not Han himself. I agree that he's unstoppable when regularly buffed by Yoda and/or Finn, so if anything their buffs need to be toned down. I've always said that a LS team with a supportive Yoda or Finn buffing them 24/7 is better than anything the DS has.

There are some brutal combos for people who think ahead and play together. Rey and Obi's combined mind tricks, with Finn buffing and reducing cool down is nuts. Phasma, Iden and Bossk locking down an area is nuts. There are more but thankfully most players just pick their favorite and run around like a chicken with it's head cut off :)
  • Moojammin_10
    2229 posts Member
    edited August 18
    Han and bossk were, and continue to be, the best heros in the game for balance, playability and character traits.
    This is one of the most absurd requests I've read on the forums to date.
  • The general consensus here is that he is a glass cannon so everything is justified.
    MC_XIX wrote: »

Exactly. This can't be blamed on Han, but on how some team combos are way more powerful then others. Yoda + Finn is a really good combo for the extra health + damage reduction, and if yoda remains on the defensive, it's almost impossible to take the team down. If you add Han and either Chewie or Lando, and all are at least average players which stick together, good luck taking them out.

Yoda as a protective saber can saber lock enemies, attack bypassing blocks for pressure and snatching a kill through a block, use unleash to control the zone, or get an ally out of danger. This is enough for a team like this, no other saber hero is needed (and if it wasn't for the extra health, I'd say no sabers are even needed).

Finn will allow all blaster heroes unlimited blaster shots while Big Deal is active, and make all skills faster to cooldown. He can use all 3 of the Big Deal cards, which means that if his team sticks together, not only he'll get the usual perks of a full HvV team in his Big Deal radius (45% damage reduction to him and I suppose 35% damage reduction to his allies, 140 extra health for him and 120 extra health for allies, although Yoda's extra health will supersede it), but also the extra ones from his cards like a bigger area of effect if affecting 2 allies, a faster recharge of Big Deal if affecting 3 allies, and extra active time for each headshot he scores. If that isn't enough he has Deadeye to take care of pesky mobile enemies (especially Boba and Palpatine, 2 of the most annoying villains), and Undercover Team for fast shooting, but especially getting to see the enemies in the radar and their outlines.

Han with extra 260 health from Yoda for a total of 910 HP, supposedly 35% damage reduction from Finn, unlimited blaster shots, and faster recharge time for his skills, will be the most effective Striker/DPS in this game. Shoulder Charge isn't that much useful, but in the right moments can yield some great results. Sharpshooter is useful, but not that important either, especially if Han can shoot indefinetly thanks to Finn. And a faster recharging Detonite will wreak havoc. Han can even let go of the heat buildup Star Card if he's in a team like this to get another card to fill its slot.

Lastly, Lando is a menace from afar and very good up close, and with unlimited blaster shots because of Finn his pistol almost becomes a machine gun. And he has a stun, which is always a good thing. Chewie OTOH won't benefit from unlimited shots as he already has this perk by himself, but he has both a stun and a knockdown abilitiy, both with increased recharge times from Big Deal, which are great to control the battle (much like Yoda does in this team build). If it wasn't for Yoda's extra health, I'd say Chewie in Yoda's place would be better. But I believe either team (Yoda+Finn+Han+Lando/Chewie or Chewie+Finn+Han+Lando) is a great option for a coordinated premade in HvV.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Sounds like a "I can't counter Han" thread...
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber

giphy.gif
  • DarthJ
    6666 posts Member
    No he isnt. Hes a glass cannon. Get a few hits on him and hes down. Plus I rarely saw a great Han player when I played regularly. Great players can dominate with him but thats like every other hero
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • The game has been out for a pretty long time now. you have to expect people to get better. I'm way better now with han then i was a year ago. he takes some practice. you're right, he can whoop dat *** but someone just entering the game isn't going to be able to go on any decent kill streak.
  • In fact both Han's and Leia's blaster deal 80 damage

But even if rarely, leia can miss one of the two blaster shots, halving the damage. Each of Han's blaster shots deal 80 damage, while Leia's deal 40. But each time you press the attack button with Leia, 2 shots are sent.

But Leia doesn't have a Detonite Charge, nor any knockdown ability.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)

But even if rarely, leia can miss one of the two blaster shots, halving the damage. Each of Han's blaster shots deal 80 damage, while Leia's deal 40. But each time you press the attack button with Leia, 2 shots are sent.

But Leia doesn't have a Detonite Charge, nor any knockdown ability.

She does have a blind xD
    ''The difference between a fall and a sacrifice is sometimes difficult, but I feel he understood that difference, more than anyone knew. The galaxy would have fallen if he had not gone to war. Perhaps he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to prevent a greater evil''
    9qkoakxcje0l.gif

Exactly. This can't be blamed on Han, but on how some team combos are way more powerful then others. Yoda + Finn is a really good combo for the extra health + damage reduction, and if yoda remains on the defensive, it's almost impossible to take the team down. If you add Han and either Chewie or Lando, and all are at least average players which stick together, good luck taking them out.

Yoda as a protective saber can saber lock enemies, attack bypassing blocks for pressure and snatching a kill through a block, use unleash to control the zone, or get an ally out of danger. This is enough for a team like this, no other saber hero is needed (and if it wasn't for the extra health, I'd say no sabers are even needed).

Finn will allow all blaster heroes unlimited blaster shots while Big Deal is active, and make all skills faster to cooldown. He can use all 3 of the Big Deal cards, which means that if his team sticks together, not only he'll get the usual perks of a full HvV team in his Big Deal radius (45% damage reduction to him and I suppose 35% damage reduction to his allies, 140 extra health for him and 120 extra health for allies, although Yoda's extra health will supersede it), but also the extra ones from his cards like a bigger area of effect if affecting 2 allies, a faster recharge of Big Deal if affecting 3 allies, and extra active time for each headshot he scores. If that isn't enough he has Deadeye to take care of pesky mobile enemies (especially Boba and Palpatine, 2 of the most annoying villains), and Undercover Team for fast shooting, but especially getting to see the enemies in the radar and their outlines.

Han with extra 260 health from Yoda for a total of 910 HP, supposedly 35% damage reduction from Finn, unlimited blaster shots, and faster recharge time for his skills, will be the most effective Striker/DPS in this game. Shoulder Charge isn't that much useful, but in the right moments can yield some great results. Sharpshooter is useful, but not that important either, especially if Han can shoot indefinetly thanks to Finn. And a faster recharging Detonite will wreak havoc. Han can even let go of the heat buildup Star Card if he's in a team like this to get another card to fill its slot.

Lastly, Lando is a menace from afar and very good up close, and with unlimited blaster shots because of Finn his pistol almost becomes a machine gun. And he has a stun, which is always a good thing. Chewie OTOH won't benefit from unlimited shots as he already has this perk by himself, but he has both a stun and a knockdown abilitiy, both with increased recharge times from Big Deal, which are great to control the battle (much like Yoda does in this team build). If it wasn't for Yoda's extra health, I'd say Chewie in Yoda's place would be better. But I believe either team (Yoda+Finn+Han+Lando/Chewie or Chewie+Finn+Han+Lando) is a great option for a coordinated premade in HvV.

Those two teams you put at the end. If I get a team of vader,boba,kylo and maul. Those two teams are easily Dead. Ive done in it the past where we target blasters easily and they switch.

whats with all the lols on this post? Finn is a joke let alone using 2 blaster heroes at once Finn is good on paper but awful in execution hes trash at high level play in HvV.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • EA_Rtas
    1180 posts EA Moderator
    Alright I've removed some posts in here that were needlessly antagonistic, cool it down and cut it out with comments like "trashcan lil kids" and the like, they don't add to the conversation and they're just going to start an argument derailing the thread.
  • I don’t really have trouble against Han with any DS saber. My opponent’s skill only determines how much health I might lose before they die.

Now this is 1v1 mind you. In the context of an open 4v4 engagement, lots of different things happen.
  • unit900000 wrote: »

Those two teams you put at the end. If I get a team of vader,boba,kylo and maul. Those two teams are easily Dead. Ive done in it the past where we target blasters easily and they switch.

whats with all the lols on this post? Finn is a joke let alone using 2 blaster heroes at once Finn is good on paper but awful in execution hes trash at high level play in HvV.

Bcuz players think finn lando or han will destroy boba. i always ask them to 4v4 but they're too scared to get destroyed by boba. its cool tho,bcuz itll be a waste time to destroy they're average finn,lando,or han.