criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

BF15 is better than BF2

Prev1
It says it in the title really BF2 is pants apart from the graphics it hasn’t really moved on. Weapons are at an absolute minimum, no stats (at least for PS4 users) ally vehicles show as enemy approaching on radar (from day 1 not fixed) hero on hero combat is terrible compared to BF15 could actually have a good duel whereas now 1 heroes either buffed too much other is too little etc but I think the main point is BF2 has become too boring too soon because of the crap and inconsistencies. BF15 was pretty good but you’ve changed too much and it’s not enjoyable

Replies

  • WookieTickler
    7 posts Member
    edited August 19
    I haven’t really covered half of the [removed] that’s wrong with this game but just can’t remember because I’m pretty [removed] and can’t be [removed] because it’s not worth it haha



    Ease up on the swearing please. ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • But the last game HvV is still going now you can still play that all day full games so that was doing something right as for HvV on BF2 all I’ve seen is problems and as for finding random power ups round the maps that wasn’t a bad thing saves the power ups being given to every class and every ***** player when they want it for example ‘rocket jumper flying and firing rocket’ 👀
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    BF2 has better ideas but BF2015 had better execution.
    BF2 they had to keep weapons, heroes, gameplay the same but update and introduce a little of BF2 into it like different eras characters maps but for me they’ve messed up I’d drop BF2 for BF15 in a heartbeat if my disc tray wasn’t broken haha
  • I would have happily paid for a season pass if I knew they were going to drip feed content like this. We haven’t even got new weapons yet! Let’s face it, all the post launch content we’ve received is stuff we should have got at launch.

    Yup. Bring back the SP. This “live service” is a crock.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Lots of content from BF2015 must be ported to BF2017
  • Lots of content from BF2015 must be ported to BF2017
    Agreed a good dlc but every playable mode on every map those were the good old days. Jabbas palace, bespin, Death Star like previously said everything was fun and enjoyable but challenging and balanced whereas now it’s just annoying and unenjoyable
  • OcDoc
    1782 posts Member
    It’s closer than it should be. The new game should hands down be better but lack of modes and new content are really really holding it back.
  • I would have happily paid for a season pass if I knew they were going to drip feed content like this. We haven’t even got new weapons yet! Let’s face it, all the post launch content we’ve received is stuff we should have got at launch.

    hqx8bll6ezwh.gif
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

  • I would have happily paid for a season pass if I knew they were going to drip feed content like this. We haven’t even got new weapons yet! Let’s face it, all the post launch content we’ve received is stuff we should have got at launch.

    This. I said it from the start...lets see just how much "free" content we will get compared to a Season Pass. Now granted this game's post launch support got derailed with the terrible launch and EA vectoring people off to BFV. But BFV itself has shown that "free live service content" ends up being mediocre at best and stocked full of MTXs.

    Historically, a Season Pass has tripled the online multiplayer content in games like COD and Battlefield. Battlefront 2015? Not so much. Really the content stunk which is why most of their launch players didn't stay around for it.
  • ArchAngeL_777
    1798 posts Member
    edited August 18
    BF2015 had great maps and was fun while it was around, but BFII is superior in every way. And a Live Service is much better than an obsolete Season Pass that locks maps and modes (two of the most important things) behind a paywall, which only limits the playerbase.

    Battlefront is the only example I've seen where a live service is even on par with a previous Season Pass. Battlefield V is a mess, and has delivered less than half the content up to this point that a Season Pass has delivered in the past.

    For a game like Battlefield or COD, so many people buy the Season Passes that splitting the player base is never a concern. A big reason why is the sheer amount of content those passes delivered. A typical Battlefield or COD Season Pass had 4-5 DLC packs with 4 maps each, new weapons, new game modes, etc. Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1 have over 30 maps each in Conquest rotation due to a Season Pass. Battlefield V will be lucky to have 15 maps in Conquest rotation by the end of the year.
  • As for Battlefront 2015 vs Battlefront 2? No way 2015 game is better than this game. The 2015 game mechanics were terrible with the tokens on the map, ridiculous Star Cards that were never close to balanced, terrible map design philosophy, and a matchmaking system that forced DLC to be in it's own playlists.

    I am a large map player, and the Season Pass literally did nothing for me. Small map DLC for 3 packs. By the time Scarif came along, I had already sold the game and given up. I had played the 7 total maps in the Supremacy rotation to death.

    And it's only OT ERA content. No content from TFA. No content from Prequels. Just OT era which is a big reason why the Prequel content of this past year has been popular.

    Am I saying this game is a gem? Not even close. I WANT A CONQUEST BATTLEFRONT! PERIOD!!!! VEHICLES ON THE MAP! No Battlefront will ever measure up to the original games until we get that.

    But there's been a lot more to keep me coming back and not giving up like I did the 2015 game:
    • The single player is good
    • Arcade mode is an improvement over 2015
    • Starfighter Assault is a fun mode and a huge improvement over 2015
    • Ewok Hunt is fun
    • The new class system is much better than Star Cards
    • More than one ERA which has brought a lot more variety
    • Capital Supremacy added
    • PvE content coming this month

    I could keep going but this game keeps getting better while the 2015 game for large map players never did. The one large misstep is Galactic Assault as the only large scale game mode at launch. They should have had Supremacy as well.

    I agree with some of the things you say yes it has a story mode and arcade is better etc but for online play yeah the class system is a good touch but plays into the hands of ***** that can spam rockets jumpers with rockets and 5 enforcers throwing imploders at the same time where as picking up random power ups across the map wasn’t a bad thing. As for wanting a bigger than they already had? Why is that because you’re bad and you need to hide more? Supremacy was a decent all round sized game yeah some maps were favoured LS over DS as is BF2 but everything you’ve added is only pretty much offline play and a few other other things that don’t really interest people
  • As for Battlefront 2015 vs Battlefront 2? No way 2015 game is better than this game. The 2015 game mechanics were terrible with the tokens on the map, ridiculous Star Cards that were never close to balanced, terrible map design philosophy, and a matchmaking system that forced DLC to be in it's own playlists.

    I am a large map player, and the Season Pass literally did nothing for me. Small map DLC for 3 packs. By the time Scarif came along, I had already sold the game and given up. I had played the 7 total maps in the Supremacy rotation to death.

    And it's only OT ERA content. No content from TFA. No content from Prequels. Just OT era which is a big reason why the Prequel content of this past year has been popular.

    Am I saying this game is a gem? Not even close. I WANT A CONQUEST BATTLEFRONT! PERIOD!!!! VEHICLES ON THE MAP! No Battlefront will ever measure up to the original games until we get that.

    But there's been a lot more to keep me coming back and not giving up like I did the 2015 game:
    • The single player is good
    • Arcade mode is an improvement over 2015
    • Starfighter Assault is a fun mode and a huge improvement over 2015
    • Ewok Hunt is fun
    • The new class system is much better than Star Cards
    • More than one ERA which has brought a lot more variety
    • Capital Supremacy added
    • PvE content coming this month

    I could keep going but this game keeps getting better while the 2015 game for large map players never did. The one large misstep is Galactic Assault as the only large scale game mode at launch. They should have had Supremacy as well.
    Agree with everything except I think Bf2015’s offline was a lot better than Bf2017’s

  • Defbored
    1544 posts Member
    “Too boring too soon”. The game has been out for almost two years and you’re still playing it lol.

  • As for Battlefront 2015 vs Battlefront 2? No way 2015 game is better than this game. The 2015 game mechanics were terrible with the tokens on the map, ridiculous Star Cards that were never close to balanced, terrible map design philosophy, and a matchmaking system that forced DLC to be in it's own playlists.

    I am a large map player, and the Season Pass literally did nothing for me. Small map DLC for 3 packs. By the time Scarif came along, I had already sold the game and given up. I had played the 7 total maps in the Supremacy rotation to death.

    And it's only OT ERA content. No content from TFA. No content from Prequels. Just OT era which is a big reason why the Prequel content of this past year has been popular.

    Am I saying this game is a gem? Not even close. I WANT A CONQUEST BATTLEFRONT! PERIOD!!!! VEHICLES ON THE MAP! No Battlefront will ever measure up to the original games until we get that.

    But there's been a lot more to keep me coming back and not giving up like I did the 2015 game:
    • The single player is good
    • Arcade mode is an improvement over 2015
    • Starfighter Assault is a fun mode and a huge improvement over 2015
    • Ewok Hunt is fun
    • The new class system is much better than Star Cards
    • More than one ERA which has brought a lot more variety
    • Capital Supremacy added
    • PvE content coming this month

    I could keep going but this game keeps getting better while the 2015 game for large map players never did. The one large misstep is Galactic Assault as the only large scale game mode at launch. They should have had Supremacy as well.

    I agree with some of the things you say yes it has a story mode and arcade is better etc but for online play yeah the class system is a good touch but plays into the hands of **** that can spam rockets jumpers with rockets and 5 enforcers throwing imploders at the same time where as picking up random power ups across the map wasn’t a bad thing. As for wanting a bigger than they already had? Why is that because you’re bad and you need to hide more? Supremacy was a decent all round sized game yeah some maps were favoured LS over DS as is BF2 but everything you’ve added is only pretty much offline play and a few other other things that don’t really interest people

    What are you talking about wanting to hide? That's exactly what people do in GA and Supremacy. They stand back and camp choke points because they know exactly where the enemy is coming from. Then they rack up battle points for heroes, run in and mess people up in a hallway.

    Those same people are complaining about vehicles destroying their heroes in CS. Why? Because Phase 1 is modeled after Conquest. Objectives are all over the place so you don't know where an enemy is coming from. You can't line them up like Supremacy and GA. Full Conquest mode has all kinds of vehicles on the map and combined arms gameplay that you can't get in any other mode.

  • BF2015 had great maps and was fun while it was around, but BFII is superior in every way. And a Live Service is much better than an obsolete Season Pass that locks maps and modes (two of the most important things) behind a paywall, which only limits the playerbase.

    Battlefront is the only example I've seen where a live service is even on par with a previous Season Pass. Battlefield V is a mess, and has delivered less than half the content up to this point that a Season Pass has delivered in the past.

    For a game like Battlefield or COD, so many people buy the Season Passes that splitting the player base is never a concern. A big reason why is the sheer amount of content those passes delivered. A typical Battlefield or COD Season Pass had 4-5 DLC packs with 4 maps each, new weapons, new game modes, etc. Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1 have over 30 maps each in Conquest rotation due to a Season Pass. Battlefield V will be lucky to have 15 maps in Conquest rotation by the end of the year.

    Sorry, but don't agree with you at all.

    BFII already has so much more content, and it's all available to everyone. Doing much better than BF2015, not "on par" to a Season Pass.

    And BFV's content so far is good, and will have 18 maps in rotation by the end of the year (its first year). The content coming for the rest of the year that was revealed in its recent BFV roadmap is quality, definitely ain't a mess. Do you even play BFV lol?

    Maps and modes (literally the two most important forms of content) should be available to all players who purchase a game (as they've purchased the actual game), not blocked off to everyone and only limited to those who have paid extra (when they shouldn't).

    What's the point of having extra maps and modes when they're blocked away from what matters most: the players. And as proven in previous games, the base content is always more popular, as it's there for everyone. Which only makes DLC content underwhelming... because its blcoked off to the rest of the players.

    Those that defend the outdated and obsolete Season Pass / Premium Pass structure need to move on, and saying something like "splitting the playerbase for games like Battlefield and CoD isn't an issue" is probably the worst excuse I've ever hear. No game should have their playerbase split up over content blocked off by a paywall, no matter how popular the game.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • BF2015 had great maps and was fun while it was around, but BFII is superior in every way. And a Live Service is much better than an obsolete Season Pass that locks maps and modes (two of the most important things) behind a paywall, which only limits the playerbase.

    Battlefront is the only example I've seen where a live service is even on par with a previous Season Pass. Battlefield V is a mess, and has delivered less than half the content up to this point that a Season Pass has delivered in the past.

    For a game like Battlefield or COD, so many people buy the Season Passes that splitting the player base is never a concern. A big reason why is the sheer amount of content those passes delivered. A typical Battlefield or COD Season Pass had 4-5 DLC packs with 4 maps each, new weapons, new game modes, etc. Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1 have over 30 maps each in Conquest rotation due to a Season Pass. Battlefield V will be lucky to have 15 maps in Conquest rotation by the end of the year.

    Sorry, but don't agree with you at all.

    BFII already has so much more content, and it's all available to everyone. Doing much better than BF2015, not "on par" to a Season Pass.

    And BFV's content so far is good, and will have 18 maps in rotation by the end of the year (its first year). The content coming for the rest of the year that was revealed in its recent BFV roadmap is quality, definitely ain't a mess. Do you even play BFV lol?

    Maps and modes (literally the two most important forms of content) should be available to all players who purchase a game (as they've purchased the actual game), not blocked off to everyone and only limited to those who have paid extra (when they shouldn't).

    What's the point of having extra maps and modes when they're blocked away from what matters most: the players. And as proven in previous games, the base content is always more popular, as it's there for everyone. Which only makes DLC content underwhelming... because its blcoked off to the rest of the players.

    Those that defend the outdated and obsolete Season Pass / Premium Pass structure need to move on, and saying something like "splitting the playerbase for games like Battlefield and CoD isn't an issue" is probably the worst excuse I've ever hear. No game should have their playerbase split up over content blocked off by a paywall, no matter how popular the game.

    I already said Battlefront is the one example of a season pass not being up to par. At the same time, Battlefront 2 launched with a lot more content. 2015 Battlefront was very light on content at launch.

    But then it took this game a year to get the content rolling. We got very little in the first year, while Battlefront 2015 got 3 map packs in the first year plus a variety of free maps and content to fill out the base game.

    Battlefield V? You HOPE they will have 18 maps out by the end of the year. They have just 12 now, and one of them is bugged in Conquest mode. The maps supposed to come out this month are small maps, not Conquest maps from what I understand. Operation Metro remake is scheduled for October. No date has been set for Pacific maps yet. Unless they get 3 out before 2020, you will fall short of 18.

    Compare that to Battlefield 4 and it's season pass. Battlefield 4 launched with 10 maps, not 8 like BFV. In less than a year, the Season Pass added 4 DLC packs, each with 4 maps plus new modes, weapons, and vehicles. That's 26 total maps. The 5th and final season Pass DLC was added just after the one year mark brining the map total to 30, and 3 more maps were added in year 2 for free. A total of 33 maps for the game.

    The point? A Season Pass has been repeatedly proven to throw content into a game far quicker than live service. BF4 had 26 maps available for Conquest in a shorter time frame than BFV will get to map 13 in Conquest. They only reason BF and COD switched to live service is they think they can get more money out of cosmetics. It's proven people will spend more $5 at a time than if you ask them for $50 up front.
  • Defbored wrote: »
    “Too boring too soon”. The game has been out for almost two years and you’re still playing it lol.

    Nope. I stopped playing almost instantly. The game modes are a mess and there's nothing enhancing replayability for me. There's not really any reason to grind BF17, so it was an easy choice for me to uninstall as soon as it got boring.
    My name is Bob

  • Defbored wrote: »
    “Too boring too soon”. The game has been out for almost two years and you’re still playing it lol.

    Nope. I stopped playing almost instantly. The game modes are a mess and there's nothing enhancing replayability for me. There's not really any reason to grind BF17, so it was an easy choice for me to uninstall as soon as it got boring.

    Me too, although I didn't go as far as uninstall. I've been popping in and out of the game. There's enough interesting new stuff to keep me revisiting the game, but it's not substantial enough to keep me playing for long stretches. GA is so boring I can barely do the daily challenges to play 3 maps of it lol

    This is where they dropped the ball by not doing Conquest mode. Conquest mode will keep players in the game because it's basically sandbox gameplay.
  • "Live Service" = mediocre levels of content dropped at a snail's pace, but stuffed full of micro transactions.

    That's all even games like Fortnite and Apex are doing. Minor map changes and a ton of new skins in a season pass.

    There's no forgetting the sheer amount of content that Season Pass DLC and even paid Expansion packs before that provided by comparison and in a much shorter time frame.
  • BF2015 had great maps and was fun while it was around, but BFII is superior in every way. And a Live Service is much better than an obsolete Season Pass that locks maps and modes (two of the most important things) behind a paywall, which only limits the playerbase.

    Battlefront is the only example I've seen where a live service is even on par with a previous Season Pass. Battlefield V is a mess, and has delivered less than half the content up to this point that a Season Pass has delivered in the past.

    For a game like Battlefield or COD, so many people buy the Season Passes that splitting the player base is never a concern. A big reason why is the sheer amount of content those passes delivered. A typical Battlefield or COD Season Pass had 4-5 DLC packs with 4 maps each, new weapons, new game modes, etc. Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1 have over 30 maps each in Conquest rotation due to a Season Pass. Battlefield V will be lucky to have 15 maps in Conquest rotation by the end of the year.

    Sorry, but don't agree with you at all.

    BFII already has so much more content, and it's all available to everyone. Doing much better than BF2015, not "on par" to a Season Pass.

    And BFV's content so far is good, and will have 18 maps in rotation by the end of the year (its first year). The content coming for the rest of the year that was revealed in its recent BFV roadmap is quality, definitely ain't a mess. Do you even play BFV lol?

    Maps and modes (literally the two most important forms of content) should be available to all players who purchase a game (as they've purchased the actual game), not blocked off to everyone and only limited to those who have paid extra (when they shouldn't).

    What's the point of having extra maps and modes when they're blocked away from what matters most: the players. And as proven in previous games, the base content is always more popular, as it's there for everyone. Which only makes DLC content underwhelming... because its blcoked off to the rest of the players.

    Those that defend the outdated and obsolete Season Pass / Premium Pass structure need to move on, and saying something like "splitting the playerbase for games like Battlefield and CoD isn't an issue" is probably the worst excuse I've ever hear. No game should have their playerbase split up over content blocked off by a paywall, no matter how popular the game.

    I already said Battlefront is the one example of a season pass not being up to par. At the same time, Battlefront 2 launched with a lot more content. 2015 Battlefront was very light on content at launch.

    But then it took this game a year to get the content rolling. We got very little in the first year, while Battlefront 2015 got 3 map packs in the first year plus a variety of free maps and content to fill out the base game.

    Battlefield V? You HOPE they will have 18 maps out by the end of the year. They have just 12 now, and one of them is bugged in Conquest mode. The maps supposed to come out this month are small maps, not Conquest maps from what I understand. Operation Metro remake is scheduled for October. No date has been set for Pacific maps yet. Unless they get 3 out before 2020, you will fall short of 18.

    Compare that to Battlefield 4 and it's season pass. Battlefield 4 launched with 10 maps, not 8 like BFV. In less than a year, the Season Pass added 4 DLC packs, each with 4 maps plus new modes, weapons, and vehicles. That's 26 total maps. The 5th and final season Pass DLC was added just after the one year mark brining the map total to 30, and 3 more maps were added in year 2 for free. A total of 33 maps for the game.

    The point? A Season Pass has been repeatedly proven to throw content into a game far quicker than live service. BF4 had 26 maps available for Conquest in a shorter time frame than BFV will get to map 13 in Conquest. They only reason BF and COD switched to live service is they think they can get more money out of cosmetics. It's proven people will spend more $5 at a time than if you ask them for $50 up front.

    There's no point throwing more content (maps and modes) into a game quicker when it's blocked behind a paywall (immediately diluting the playerbase), sorry. It only contradicts itself, and limits the experience that should be there for everyone who's bought the game. That's what it's proven. Completely flawed and obsolete, so glad it's been phased out. Season Passes ain't ever coming back.

    And 18 BFV maps will be out by the end of the year / its first year; I think you need to read BFV's roadmap that reveals everything for the rest of the year, as well as actually play the game. The game will get support in 2020 so it's only gonna grow, but everything will be there for everyone thankfully.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Lots of content from BF2015 must be ported to BF2017

    We lost that fight a long time ago.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • WookieTickler
    7 posts Member
    edited August 19
    As for Battlefront 2015 vs Battlefront 2? No way 2015 game is better than this game. The 2015 game mechanics were terrible with the tokens on the map, ridiculous Star Cards that were never close to balanced, terrible map design philosophy, and a matchmaking system that forced DLC to be in it's own playlists.

    I am a large map player, and the Season Pass literally did nothing for me. Small map DLC for 3 packs. By the time Scarif came along, I had already sold the game and given up. I had played the 7 total maps in the Supremacy rotation to death.

    And it's only OT ERA content. No content from TFA. No content from Prequels. Just OT era which is a big reason why the Prequel content of this past year has been popular.

    Am I saying this game is a gem? Not even close. I WANT A CONQUEST BATTLEFRONT! PERIOD!!!! VEHICLES ON THE MAP! No Battlefront will ever measure up to the original games until we get that.

    But there's been a lot more to keep me coming back and not giving up like I did the 2015 game:
    • The single player is good
    • Arcade mode is an improvement over 2015
    • Starfighter Assault is a fun mode and a huge improvement over 2015
    • Ewok Hunt is fun
    • The new class system is much better than Star Cards
    • More than one ERA which has brought a lot more variety
    • Capital Supremacy added
    • PvE content coming this month

    I could keep going but this game keeps getting better while the 2015 game for large map players never did. The one large misstep is Galactic Assault as the only large scale game mode at launch. They should have had Supremacy as well.

    I agree with some of the things you say yes it has a story mode and arcade is better etc but for online play yeah the class system is a good touch but plays into the hands of **** that can spam rockets jumpers with rockets and 5 enforcers throwing imploders at the same time where as picking up random power ups across the map wasn’t a bad thing. As for wanting a bigger than they already had? Why is that because you’re bad and you need to hide more? Supremacy was a decent all round sized game yeah some maps were favoured LS over DS as is BF2 but everything you’ve added is only pretty much offline play and a few other other things that don’t really interest people

    What are you talking about wanting to hide? That's exactly what people do in GA and Supremacy. They stand back and camp choke points because they know exactly where the enemy is coming from. Then they rack up battle points for heroes, run in and mess people up in a hallway.

    Those same people are complaining about vehicles destroying their heroes in CS. Why? Because Phase 1 is modeled after Conquest. Objectives are all over the place so you don't know where an enemy is coming from. You can't line them up like Supremacy and GA. Full Conquest mode has all kinds of vehicles on the map and combined arms gameplay that you can't get in any other mode.

    One quote is enough don't spam them in the same post ~Rtas


    No but I’m saying in BF15 supremacy there’s no need for bigger maps you can change the course of a battle and it’s a lot less one sided than it is on BF2 choke points and spawn points are badly designed on BF2
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • No but I’m saying in BF15 supremacy there’s no need for bigger maps you can change the course of a battle and it’s a lot less one sided than it is on BF2 choke points and spawn points are badly designed on BF2

    Supremacy should have been in BF2 at launch. Conquest is still better, but I would have continued to play Supremacy on 2015 Battlefront if they had done the DLC properly. Every DLC map should have been large enough for Supremacy, and smaller cut-outs used for other game modes. They sort of did that with Bespin, but it had just one Supremacy map.
  • BF2015 had great maps and was fun while it was around, but BFII is superior in every way. And a Live Service is much better than an obsolete Season Pass that locks maps and modes (two of the most important things) behind a paywall, which only limits the playerbase.

    Battlefront is the only example I've seen where a live service is even on par with a previous Season Pass. Battlefield V is a mess, and has delivered less than half the content up to this point that a Season Pass has delivered in the past.

    For a game like Battlefield or COD, so many people buy the Season Passes that splitting the player base is never a concern. A big reason why is the sheer amount of content those passes delivered. A typical Battlefield or COD Season Pass had 4-5 DLC packs with 4 maps each, new weapons, new game modes, etc. Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 1 have over 30 maps each in Conquest rotation due to a Season Pass. Battlefield V will be lucky to have 15 maps in Conquest rotation by the end of the year.

    Sorry, but don't agree with you at all.

    BFII already has so much more content, and it's all available to everyone. Doing much better than BF2015, not "on par" to a Season Pass.

    And BFV's content so far is good, and will have 18 maps in rotation by the end of the year (its first year). The content coming for the rest of the year that was revealed in its recent BFV roadmap is quality, definitely ain't a mess. Do you even play BFV lol?

    Maps and modes (literally the two most important forms of content) should be available to all players who purchase a game (as they've purchased the actual game), not blocked off to everyone and only limited to those who have paid extra (when they shouldn't).

    What's the point of having extra maps and modes when they're blocked away from what matters most: the players. And as proven in previous games, the base content is always more popular, as it's there for everyone. Which only makes DLC content underwhelming... because its blcoked off to the rest of the players.

    Those that defend the outdated and obsolete Season Pass / Premium Pass structure need to move on, and saying something like "splitting the playerbase for games like Battlefield and CoD isn't an issue" is probably the worst excuse I've ever hear. No game should have their playerbase split up over content blocked off by a paywall, no matter how popular the game.

    I already said Battlefront is the one example of a season pass not being up to par. At the same time, Battlefront 2 launched with a lot more content. 2015 Battlefront was very light on content at launch.

    But then it took this game a year to get the content rolling. We got very little in the first year, while Battlefront 2015 got 3 map packs in the first year plus a variety of free maps and content to fill out the base game.

    Battlefield V? You HOPE they will have 18 maps out by the end of the year. They have just 12 now, and one of them is bugged in Conquest mode. The maps supposed to come out this month are small maps, not Conquest maps from what I understand. Operation Metro remake is scheduled for October. No date has been set for Pacific maps yet. Unless they get 3 out before 2020, you will fall short of 18.

    Compare that to Battlefield 4 and it's season pass. Battlefield 4 launched with 10 maps, not 8 like BFV. In less than a year, the Season Pass added 4 DLC packs, each with 4 maps plus new modes, weapons, and vehicles. That's 26 total maps. The 5th and final season Pass DLC was added just after the one year mark brining the map total to 30, and 3 more maps were added in year 2 for free. A total of 33 maps for the game.

    The point? A Season Pass has been repeatedly proven to throw content into a game far quicker than live service. BF4 had 26 maps available for Conquest in a shorter time frame than BFV will get to map 13 in Conquest. They only reason BF and COD switched to live service is they think they can get more money out of cosmetics. It's proven people will spend more $5 at a time than if you ask them for $50 up front.

    There's no point throwing more content (maps and modes) into a game quicker when it's blocked behind a paywall (immediately diluting the playerbase), sorry. It only contradicts itself, and limits the experience that should be there for everyone who's bought the game. That's what it's proven. Completely flawed and obsolete, so glad it's been phased out. Season Passes ain't ever coming back.

    And 18 BFV maps will be out by the end of the year / its first year; I think you need to read BFV's roadmap that reveals everything for the rest of the year, as well as actually play the game. The game will get support in 2020 so it's only gonna grow, but everything will be there for everyone thankfully.

    No one was worried about a paywall in Battlefield or COD. No one ever has been. Worse case, people were waiting until the season pass got discounted. No one was ever having problems with maps. If you didn't have the DLC, you could join a launch map server and still play.

    And yes the level of content matters. Those season passes were pushing out a lot more content for the money. And now we see what a "free DLC" model looks like...not even close. How many people left this game during year one because nothing much was being added?

    I've seen the roadmap. If they don't get at least 3 Pacific maps out this year, they won't reach 18 and at least 2 of those maps are not playable in regular Conquest mode
  • If Season Pass doesn't return to COD and Battlefield, it will be strictly because they have made more money on cosmetics. Otherwise, it will return because people are dropping these games and moving on to others that have content. I'm on BF4 right now, and it's player base on PS4 is stronger than BF1 because people are abandoning BFV.
  • vonVile
    335 posts Member
    edited August 18
    WA is better than anything in BF2. The thing that made it fun was the unpredictability factor. This was done with the Power Up tokens that randomly gave a high powered weapon like; Orbital Strike, Respulse Rifle, Blast Cannon, etc.
    BF2's GA is boring because of the class system limiting choice thus making every map scenario feel exactly the same. You know exactly what situation you are in by what enemy you see. There are no surprises in game play.
  • vonVile wrote: »
    WA is better than anything in BF2. The thing that made it fun was the unpredictability factor. This was done with the Power Up tokens that randomly gave a high powered weapon like; Orbital Strike, Respulse Rifle, Blast Cannon, etc.
    BF2's GA is boring because of the class system limiting choice thus making every map scenario feel exactly the same. You know exactly what situation you are in by what enemy you see. There are no surprises in game play.

    Unpredictability? It was the exact same objective across every map. Not a bad mode, but GA is better as the objectives alter depending on the map / era / environment. Just seems like a bit more effort has been put into it objective-wise, as opposed to WA which got boring pretty quick.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    BF2 has better ideas but BF2015 had better execution.

    Think ya nailed it. I personally like BF2 moee because their in what you can play, but the lack of weapons is pretty awful
  • As for Battlefront 2015 vs Battlefront 2? No way 2015 game is better than this game. The 2015 game mechanics were terrible with the tokens on the map, ridiculous Star Cards that were never close to balanced, terrible map design philosophy, and a matchmaking system that forced DLC to be in it's own playlists.

    I am a large map player, and the Season Pass literally did nothing for me. Small map DLC for 3 packs. By the time Scarif came along, I had already sold the game and given up. I had played the 7 total maps in the Supremacy rotation to death.

    And it's only OT ERA content. No content from TFA. No content from Prequels. Just OT era which is a big reason why the Prequel content of this past year has been popular.

    Am I saying this game is a gem? Not even close. I WANT A CONQUEST BATTLEFRONT! PERIOD!!!! VEHICLES ON THE MAP! No Battlefront will ever measure up to the original games until we get that.

    But there's been a lot more to keep me coming back and not giving up like I did the 2015 game:
    • The single player is good
    • Arcade mode is an improvement over 2015
    • Starfighter Assault is a fun mode and a huge improvement over 2015
    • Ewok Hunt is fun
    • The new class system is much better than Star Cards
    • More than one ERA which has brought a lot more variety
    • Capital Supremacy added
    • PvE content coming this month

    I could keep going but this game keeps getting better while the 2015 game for large map players never did. The one large misstep is Galactic Assault as the only large scale game mode at launch. They should have had Supremacy as well.

    I pretty much have the exact opposite view. As shooter mechanics go this game is just bad imo. Take away the Starwars name and we’re not having this discussion. It’s slow, clunky, the running in mud feel. The skillbase is far to compressed imo...and ttk is terrible short of headshots. It’s plays like a older games imo and not a modern shooter. Even jetpacks are casual, as in a slow hover for an easy target.

    Maps on this game are designed to spam choke points, be it with Hail Mary grenades, gas, wall hacks, kamikaze type gameplay, heroes, all with no aim required. It simply doesn’t reward good gameplay and actually rewards bad/terrible gameplay. That’s not including the hero spam or screen camping. As far as tokens go they weren’t perfect, but it was better imo than this games exploit system called bp. Any ***** can get a hero in an eyeblink with a little knowhow.

    Small modes are also bad to worse in bf2 other than maybe HvV, remember extraction is a copy/paste. We have 0 stats, 3rd person looks bad on console imo and needs a fov slider, it feels like I'm playin a gears game. Even card refresh is to casual, meaning if you die it’s auto refresh, not so in the last game. There’s also no private matches, the blaster fire looks bad compared to 15, and the maps/modes are just no contest imo.

    Also noobs could use a partners hand to get started without being stuck with nothing , again not something that made it in this game. As weapons go most all of them were great in bf15, we also have a bigger variety, the same can’t be said of this game, not even close. Even the emotes were better in the last game, everything just worked better and ran smoother.

    Skins were better, the hutt contracts were cool, and we had a great companion app. We traded that for a below average campaign and it’s clear bf2’s Mp suffered at its expense. It’s 2 different play styles for two different playerbases imo, one being infantry focused and one is predominantly heroes.

    We each have very difficult opinions on what makes a fun or great battlefront game and that’s fine because neither of us is right or wrong, it’s all opinionated. I personally think we would do better with two different games for the different player styles though. But imo it’s not close, 15 is far superior in literally every way as a multiplayer Starwars shooter.

    Cheers.
  • Battlefront 2015 at least still had idea of Battlefront behind it. It was mostly about trooper combat with a hero here and there.
    Objective Modes like Walker Assault were way more fun to me. Maps played better and werent mostly choke points for hero campers.
  • Zman2202 wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    BF2 has better ideas but BF2015 had better execution.

    Think ya nailed it. I personally like BF2 moee because their in what you can play, but the lack of weapons is pretty awful

    Sadly a lot of BF2015 weapons are in BF2, either downgraded into skins for the bad default weapons or just sit in the game's files unused.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • For:

    Walker Assault mode (still better than any of the walker-based GA maps)
    Sullust and the two huuuge Hoth maps
    A hero system that worked nicely for mixed hero/trooper modes
    All the guns and customisation options for all troopers
    Really nice OT feel to the whole game

    Against:

    Bacta+Bodyguard+Shield combo creating unkillable players screwing up nearly every match
    Crap Starfighter modes
    Not enough maps without the DLC
    None of the problems in SWBF15 are ever going to be fixed now, but some of the deficiencies in SWBF2 might
  • For:

    Walker Assault mode (still better than any of the walker-based GA maps)
    Sullust and the two huuuge Hoth maps
    A hero system that worked nicely for mixed hero/trooper modes
    All the guns and customisation options for all troopers
    Really nice OT feel to the whole game

    Against:

    Bacta+Bodyguard+Shield combo creating unkillable players screwing up nearly every match
    Crap Starfighter modes
    Not enough maps without the DLC
    None of the problems in SWBF15 are ever going to be fixed now, but some of the deficiencies in SWBF2 might

    I actually find the health buff and damage reduction spam worse in BF2, which is still surprises me.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »

    I actually find the health buff and damage reduction spam worse in BF2, which is still surprises me.

    What you don't get though is the insane situation in BF15 where players could go through an entire match without getting killed - or even damaged much - in a single time just by rotating jump/shield/bacta. I don't miss that at all.
  • d0kRX
    1434 posts Member
    You guys oughta compare the melees from both games. Tell me battlefront 2015s melee isn't better than battlefront 2s melee.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • d0kRX wrote: »
    You guys oughta compare the melees from both games. Tell me battlefront 2015s melee isn't better than battlefront 2s melee.

    Good point.

    In BF2 I still have no idea how melee works. I don't even know if a hit has landed, or how far away I should attack from, or if dodging actually does anything. It seems like completely random button mashing with zero feedback.

    In BF15, melee actually felt like it worked.
  • Moojammin_10
    2216 posts Member
    edited August 19
    The Death star mode was the best star wars gaming experience iv had to date. Other than that.. I wouldn't agree.
    Post edited by Moojammin_10 on
  • It says it in the title really BF2 is pants apart from the graphics it hasn’t really moved on. Weapons are at an absolute minimum, no stats (at least for PS4 users) ally vehicles show as enemy approaching on radar (from day 1 not fixed) hero on hero combat is terrible compared to BF15 could actually have a good duel whereas now 1 heroes either buffed too much other is too little etc but I think the main point is BF2 has become too boring too soon because of the crap and inconsistencies. BF15 was pretty good but you’ve changed too much and it’s not enjoyable

    I started playing both at each of their launches, and this is my take on them:

    Battlefront 2017 has much better gameplay; way smoother, interactive and just a lot more fun. I also think the 2017 heroes are a massive improvement, they're a blast to play as. With that being said, BF2015 was a better game in every aspect. More DLC, better road-maps, set-in content, no drip-feeding, MUCH better execution. BF2015's game modes are also way better, BF2017 doesn't really have much diversity when it comes to game modes.

    All in all, if I had to rate my experience with each game it'd be like this:
    BF2017 - 6/10, amazing ideas but AWFUL execution / post-launch
    BF2015 - 7.5/10, gameplay is more boring/generic but overall much better experience.
    th1t3mn151el.gif


    "Never doubt what you have done, All your decisions brought you to that point."
    -Kreia / KOTOR 2

    Euaaagh
    -Lego Yoda
  • Hey, I have a problem with BF1, it doesn't matter how many times I shoot an enemy, they wont take damage and I get killed almost instantly. IDK why this happens but it's annoying. There's matches where this almost doesn't happen but it does 9 of 10. I find it really unfair and this never happende in another game I've ever played
    rvfcncp150f5.jpg
  • BF2 has way more content to choose from with regards to when you load up the game, but the execution of the game seems to be better in BF2015, people say the same combo of cards were used in 2015, yet dont mind officers running around with exactly the same cards to gain BP quicker in BF2,

    And dont get me started on the hero system, much better in 2015,
  • BF2015 is the better overall game. There's things I like from BFII that are better, but overall it's worse. Big modes like Supremacy, Turning Point and especially Walker Assault are MUCH better than Galactic Assault. I'd rather uplinks and Y-Wings then the catch-the-rabbit Ion Launchers we have in this game. Even though it was only OT era, it felt like a bigger game imo. WA NEVER got old to me. If I was bored I would go to Cargo, or Drop Zone, or OG HvV, or Hero Hunt, even Blast was better. The current game has nothing on BF2015's modes. CS even. I wish more people played BF2015 because I'd fire that up right now and play Bespin or Death Star.

    It had it's flaws though and there's things I would add from this game to make it near perfect, not just graphics either. Some of the hero play is worse in the current game, but I like the health total amount being a real number instead of 100. I like the HOK. I like the unique starcards etc. But BF2015 had better abilities in some cases like Luke's Rush, Vader's Choke, Bossk's Relby... And it seemed like their abilities actually worked and connected. You didn't have to wonder if Luke's push would magically be cancelled by a rock.

    Trooper customization was better too. I didn't like helmet-less troopers and bacta/bubble/jetpack repetitiveness, but actual uniqueness and looks were better. Still miss my shadow-trooper. Also weapons is no-contest. BF2015 hands down wins. So did gunplay. It took skill but it didn't seem like you had to keep your blaster on target until overheat just to win a battle. I liked the starcards too. Focus Fire especially because it transformed some weapons from spray and pray to deadly accurate. Traits were another thing that I liked as well. BFII did away with that and we had classes that limited weapons. And the weapons have upgrades that are lopsided. The devs had to nerf the Blurrg into the ground because Officer/Blurrg/Explosive Shot/4-burst shot was the go-to and 90% of the players were running this combo. So in the end it wasn't much different than the bacta/bubble combo. It makes decisions like putting weapons into classes look silly and ill-thought out.

    Imo, all they had to do was upgrade the last games graphics, add the new heroes, keep the game modes the same, put in the new maps and change some of the other things like starcards, hero abilities and the like.
  • If given the choice if swb2 brought out a DLC where it included everything as weps cards skins emotes would you all but if
  • Stupid buggering spell corrector makes me feel dyslexic(dislextrickd) meant to say if given the choice to buy a DLC with everything on it how many would buy it
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!