criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Why is this forum not promoted, why is it even a thing? The devs rarely check it.

I've been on this forum since the launch of BF2 & I RARELY see devs reply to stuff, it's a weekly or biweekly thing. So I'm curious, why is this forum even a thing? Seems like a waste of resources to me. I just wish devs would actually check it.
th1t3mn151el.gif

"Never doubt what you have done, All your decisions brought you to that point."
-Kreia / KOTOR 2

Euaaagh
-Lego Yoda

Replies

• Defbored wrote: »
    Not sure how many times I’ve seen members here directly insult the devs of the game

? I'm not insulting them @Defbored , I'm simply stating they rarely check the official battlefront forums
    th1t3mn151el.gif

"Never doubt what you have done, All your decisions brought you to that point."
    -Kreia / KOTOR 2

Euaaagh
    -Lego Yoda
  • ROMG4
    2860 posts Member
    Because it is a thing of monstrous beauty
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • Spiito
    1906 posts Member
    The forums probably exist out of a sense/obligation of protocol. I'm just guessing though.

You could have gotten a Dev response at some point in time and not even known it because of alternate accounts being used.

The anonymity which forums provide probably acts as a double edged sword. Perceived neglect on one end. Perceived comfort and safety on the other.
    Forums can make people feel more at ease with posting things they normally wouldn't openly say in an environment connected to their direct social circles. (People in general have lost their jobs from being inappropriate on social media that directly ties to their identity.) So the users on here are probably more likely to be hostile, trashy, and vulgar, since their anonymous actions here have little consequences on their real life situations.

I wouldn't blame Devs for avoiding this place, if they even do. ((Which I doubt. I'm under the impression some creative minds have peeked through some threads here... Maybe not even just ones specifically tied to the game, but have access to Star Wars happenings in general. Older minds may be more partial & familiar to forums as opposed to things like twitter and such. But these are just my own wild imaginings.))

I dunno.
    Wknuto!
  • Lyc4n
    1123 posts Member
    Defbored wrote: »
    Not sure how many times I’ve seen members here directly insult the devs of the game

? I'm not insulting them @Defbored , I'm simply stating they rarely check the official battlefront forums

Ive actually had ben reply to me personally at least three times and take part in one of my threads aswell this month alone and thats just me personally. You need to remember that just because they dont reply doesnt mean they dont read. They also have to check reddit and twitter. They probsbly check other places we arnt even aware of just to get as good and wide a picture as they can. Not to mention actually work on the game and whats coming constantly passing on messaged from community and devs back to each other.

I personally think if dice is good at something with this game, its engaging with the community, even if its not the answers we want to hear, i always appreciate the time they take to reply to me.
  • F8RGE wrote: »
    I'm around quite a bit. Always reading, often posting.

A little quieter as of late as we ramp up towards gamescom.

Will the announcement be on one day only or multiple days?
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
    F8RGE wrote: »

One day only for the announcement.

Exquisite.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Lyc4n
    1123 posts Member

Will it coincide with anything st gamescon like maybe a day where star wars games are shown, or will it just be a completly random moment throughout the 5 days?
  • Lyc4n wrote: »

Will it coincide with anything st gamescon like maybe a day where star wars games are shown, or will it just be a completly random moment throughout the 5 days?

It's gonna be a drag if it's on the last day
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Lyc4n
    1123 posts Member
    Lyc4n wrote: »

Random moment.

Thanks for the feedback.

Random moment.

Please tell us which day @F8RGE I can’t take it any more!!!!!
  • Defbored wrote: »

Probably because insulting and/or meanly criticizing them is against the official forum rules they wrote, lol.
  • TheUltimateHope
    1078 posts Member
    edited August 19
    This forum is only for those who actually own and play the game , its too reclusive. Reddit on the other way due to its openness to the world is a better place to have good reputation, it is after all the bastion where the [removed] at launch started, a territory you shouldn't at any cost lose.

Removed profanity ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Lyc4n
    1123 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    F8rge has been better lately.

He is away at gamescon.

He is away at gamescon.

I think hes always pretty good to be honest
  • Cadoth
    1134 posts Member

He is away at gamescon.

He is away at gamescon.

I think hes always pretty good to be honest

Actually he’s started to post often and regularly about two months ago or something, which is not a criticism to him but a statement, thx @F8RGE for giving the forums more attention 🤠

will you guys be telling us the exact time before the announcement or will it be random? would be better if u would give us a time 1 day prior because i want to immediately see the CT and not get spoilered
  • Lyc4n
    1123 posts Member
    jordi1337 wrote: »

will you guys be telling us the exact time before the announcement or will it be random? would be better if u would give us a time 1 day prior because i want to immediately see the CT and not get spoilered

Yh i agree with the spoilers
  • I've been on this forum since the launch of BF2 & I RARELY see devs reply to stuff, it's a weekly or biweekly thing. So I'm curious, why is this forum even a thing? Seems like a waste of resources to me. I just wish devs would actually check it.

Dude, Ben is on here like all the time lol what are you even talking about? The only times I've seen devs not active on the forums are when they're on vacation or in really intense development, both of which they always give us advance notice. Just because they don't reply to every single thread doesn't mean they aren't active or promoting the forums.
  • This forum is only for those who actually own and play the game , its too reclusive. Reddit on the other way due to its openness to the world is a better place to have good reputation, it is after all the bastion where the **** at launch started, a territory you shouldn't at any cost lose.

I see a lot, and I mean A LOT of people on the forum that no longer play the game and are still hating on the game from well over six months ago. They’ll redownload for an update play a single match and then delete and hop online to complain about it.
  • This thread is pretty unfair in my opinion.

Random moment.

Please tell us which day @F8RGE I can’t take it any more!!!!!

Yes, please do, I really want to watch the announcement live and not on replay.
  • They may not post, but I always have this strange feeling. Like I'm being watched. Surely there are some dev lurkers about
  • They do watch
    srhpl6pquij2.png
  • Draxin
    227 posts Member
    Disboy wrote: »
    Draxin wrote: »

I think he meant that this is one if the reasons why other devs don’t post here.

People becoming more toxic.

Fixed it for you. You want people to be more active and positive? Post regular updates on the games state, acknowledge and give detailed status updates on prominent issues and upcoming content instead of keeping eveyone in the dark. Lastly, fix the games issues.

EZ PZ if you know what you're doing.

You’ve perfectly embodied the toxic behavior he was referring as to why the devs don’t post often and yet wonder why they continue to do as they do.

What you call "toxicity" I call being patient long enough for this game to get its crap together and turn it-self around so the player pop doesn't die after a week when the new content gets dropped.

Bugs, imbalance, tick-rate, server lag, and cheaters are all very prominent issues on nearly all platforms this game is available on.

I swear if you reply with the common "it doesn't happen to me lol so that means it doesn't exist" excuse then I'm flipping the table dude.
    Hi.
  • Disboy wrote: »
    Draxin wrote: »

I think he meant that this is one if the reasons why other devs don’t post here.

People becoming more toxic.

Fixed it for you. You want people to be more active and positive? Post regular updates on the games state, acknowledge and give detailed status updates on prominent issues and upcoming content instead of keeping eveyone in the dark. Lastly, fix the games issues.

EZ PZ if you know what you're doing.

You’ve perfectly embodied the toxic behavior he was referring as to why the devs don’t post often and yet wonder why they continue to do as they do.

What on the Gods earth are you on about? That wasn’t toxic at all
  • Please give us warning before it comes @F8RGE I want to read it myself and not have spoilers.
  • I've been on this forum since the launch of BF2 & I RARELY see devs reply to stuff, it's a weekly or biweekly thing. So I'm curious, why is this forum even a thing? Seems like a waste of resources to me. I just wish devs would actually check it.

Not to mention that they announce stuff on twitter that they never do here, and we have to find out from some random poster who follows them, to screenshot it and post it here. Honestly, I assumed that was what this topic was actually about.

Also, last I checked mods and community folks weren't writing code for the game. Funny how the devs can post on twitter but posting on their official forum seems to be too much effort.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.