criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Biggest disappointment to this game yet?

What is the biggest disappointment that you have experienced on this game yet? Can be anything! For me it will always be the lack of content that comes to a game that’s supposed to span across all eras 👀😂

Replies

• Lyc4n
    1123 posts Member
    What is the biggest disappointment that you have experienced on this game yet? Can be anything! For me it will always be the lack of content that comes to a game that’s supposed to span across all eras 👀😂

Thinking were the game could be now if it was not for the awfull launch and resources put into recreating a progression system.
  • CC_1010
    1751 posts Member
    edited August 19
    Lack of bug fixes and lack of faith, it is disturbing.
    Post edited by CC_1010 on
  • ROMG4
    2860 posts Member
    edited August 18
    Seeing the combat system I enjoyed at launch slowly and systemically blunted, reworked, and nerfed to the point that it's now a system I can barely enjoy playing with currently

On top of the bugs that have never been fixed and the complete lack of balancing changes that have been needed to fix issues that have been in the game since launch. Almost all of them have been ignored and given only the barest wide sweeping band-aid fixes possible

I miss the launch months even with all their issues even the lag
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • CC_1010
    1751 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Seeing the combat system I enjoyed at launch slowly and systemically blunted, reworked, and nerfed to the point that it's now a system I can barely enjoy playing with currently

On top of the bugs that have never been fixed and the complete lack of balancing changes that have been needed to fix issues that been in the game since launch. All ignored and given only the barest wide sweeping band-aid fixes

The hero combat is almost unbearable at this point. I quit a 2v2 match a few days ago after the enemy player challanged me to a duel. He was able to choke and strike at me me through my block resulting in massive damage while hitting me while jumping and my attacks canceling out or not connecting. This happened in two rounds and always heavily in my enemy’s favor. Enough is enough. Fix your game Dice.
  • ROMG4
    2860 posts Member
    edited August 18
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »

On top of the bugs that have never been fixed and the complete lack of balancing changes that have been needed to fix issues that been in the game since launch. All ignored and given only the barest wide sweeping band-aid fixes

The hero combat is almost unbearable at this point. I quit a 2v2 match a few days ago after the enemy player challanged me to a duel. He was able to choke and strike at me me through my block resulting in massive damage while hitting me while jumping and my attacks canceling out or not connecting. This happened in two rounds and always heavily in my enemy’s favor. Enough is enough. Fix your game Dice.
    It's all compound issues. DICE nerfed roll way back in 2018 by removing most of the I-Frames thus making stuns a much bigger issue, that said it was still fine and good. Then they removed the stagger characters would get from hitting a blocking saber hero, this meant button mashing got a huge in-direct buff and made all the bugs with block that much more unbearable. Because before hand that stagger was strong and consistent enough to allow the mechanic to function even with its bugs. Because they've removed most of these mechanics it's made the combat really, really, awful and worst of all

Dependent on RNG. Add on the fact that map telemetry can make the game think your jumping so it wil disable block, even if there's nothing there simply because the maps haven't been polished and smoothened out
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • The new "big nonlinear" mode

It is neither.

Everyone wanted an alternative to GA, not another version of it with fewer options.
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.
  • What is the biggest disappointment that you have experienced on this game yet? Can be anything! For me it will always be the lack of content that comes to a game that’s supposed to span across all eras 👀😂

I first bought BF 2015 and had the VR headset. That mission was boring but it gave me hope of maybe a VR portion in this game. The fact that we never got it and never will really bothers me.
  • Only 2 maps in Extraction and no Sullust, Scarif, Krennic and Jyn.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • The lack of content to other modes/eras.

Extraction and Starfighter Assault are in desperate need of new maps.

OT and ST need new content.
  • Lack of offline content and no large maps offline. Not even being able to play any era on any map in arcade.
  • RogueZeroRendar
    1102 posts Member
    edited August 18
    BUGs, BUGs, BUGs, BUGs, BUGs, BUGs...

And the list only increases. As soon as I realise I have 1000 BUGs listed, I'll share this with the community. I haven't taken the time to count all BUGs I have dealt with, but everytime I test something I find at least one new BUG.

The 2 latest being:
    - The Keyboard stops sending commands to the game if you open your Console (by hitting ` , not an Xbox1 or PS4), then open up Ansel to take some nice pics, and while in Ansel you close your Console. To fix this you must restart the game;
    - Holding Iden's Shock Droid button for a long time, which sends the droid off to the distance, and it can shock people really far away from her, even if you have no Line of Sight to them, or if they are behind unpassable structures like walls.

If you want to see some good quality BUG exposure, check my GIFs list here: https://giphy.com/channel/RogueZeroRendar

Or if you want some longer videos exposing or even explaining about BUGs and possible workarounds for them, check this playlist here:
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • lack of a hooded maul
  • Defbored wrote: »
    lack of a hooded maul

0j7wi1onxofj.jpg
    And this for Maul.
  • 20v20 players being the biggest mode
  • I could say alot so I am just gonna be nice for once and say bugs and offline content
  • The relentless clone wars updates were disappointing but the ultimate one for me was Capital Supremecy. Promised so much. Delivered so little.
  • Biggest disappointment: constant calls for nerf / buff OP or weak character XYX.
  • mrnedburns wrote: »
    Biggest disappointment: constant calls for nerf / buff OP or weak character XYX.

This right here, the community is almost bipolar in how much their perception of a character changes on a weekly basis
  • JediPacoElFlaco
    1272 posts Member
    edited August 19
    In summary the few contents. No new weapons, no new starcards, few maps, limit of 40 players, missing many vehicles and units.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • CS coming and it only having 1 era and map, that really disappointed me
  • Jbstiner
    2706 posts Member
    Management. Whoever is in charge should have been fired a long time ago...
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • For me. No Rogue One content, besides death troopers. No Scarif (except in campaign), no Jyn or Krennic.

qseu9rfw16ze.gif
  • Revan72 wrote: »
    For me. No Rogue One content, besides death troopers. No Scarif (except in campaign), no Jyn or Krennic.

qseu9rfw16ze.gif

And Scarif is barely in the campaign
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Wasted posibilities. CS had a lot of potential (could have been like BF3 Conquest but for some reason decided to give us another phase-based mode) They had us waiting for months just to add maps that were already in the game, and that makes you think ''Why don't do they the same with the other eras? Then realize they just don't care.
    There's a lot of ideas they could take from this forum (some of them are really easy to do like stormtrooper skins or rebel skins that were in BF2015) but they insist with senseless ideas (like the overoveroverpowered Anakin, useless droidekas, unaccurate skins, gamebreaking events like HU and other things that even had to fix after adding them), once every 2 months. Practically we didn't get a NEW MAP since Geonosis and that's the only time we got a new map in 21 months.
    They took everything that was good in the previous game and threw it to the trash (Game modes like Walker Assault, Supremacy, Break Point, weapons, characters, skins and maps)
    Idk what was the original idea for this game or what they thought about it's backlash but if DICE thinks this is the right way to treat a game with a good idea they could give me some of whatever the inhaled.
  • What is the biggest disappointment that you have experienced on this game yet? Can be anything! For me it will always be the lack of content that comes to a game that’s supposed to span across all eras 👀😂

I first bought BF 2015 and had the VR headset. That mission was boring but it gave me hope of maybe a VR portion in this game. The fact that we never got it and never will really bothers me.

VR mission?
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • By the by, my biggest disappointment is the loss of the Elite Trooper Add-on.
    #JoinTheBuzz
    8fqc6br4b0gm.jpeg
    Never forget
  • lack of game balance, lack of bug fixes, broken game mechanics, the continues hero power creep (waiting for the day heroes are running around with 1000+ damage abilities and saber swings) matchmaking, AT-TEs getting nerfed, and no private matches.

im sure there is more but im not going to sit here for several days coming up with a million more things.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Count Dooku