criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

For the Last Time Remove Retribution!!

Prev1
Anakin is the chosen one, so what? That doesn't mean he has to be special and have fourth ability which is really, I mean really unfair when compared to other heroes. If Anakin has fourth ability then why not give one to Luke and Rey too? Palpatine was the chosen one of the Sith, but he doesn't have fourth ability? Removing Retribution and then tweaking Anakin a little would settle things down. Removing it would be the right path towards having a balance. After all this is just a game, not super accurate canon storyline. God... :unamused:

Replies

• Anakin is the chosen one, so what? That doesn't mean he has to be special and have fourth ability which is really, I mean really unfair when compared to other heroes. If Anakin has fourth ability then why not give one to Luke and Rey too? Palpatine was the chosen one of the Sith, but he doesn't have fourth ability? Removing Retribution and then tweaking Anakin a little would settle things down. Removing it would be the right path towards having a balance. After all this is just a game, not super accurate canon storyline. God... :unamused:

Let me guess, Luke needs a damage buff among with being able to do 300 damage with Repulse and Yoda should buff 500 HP right? And Vader should do 100 damage with 500 HP? God you Anakin haters are something else.
  • Also, you clearly haven't used Anakin in a long time because Retribution is a death trap. Almost instantly he loses his damage reduction and gets melted. Every. Time. I literally just got choked by Vader out of it. But yes, lets remove an ability that sucks because it's "too good" against your 150 health infantry. Poor you.
  • Also, you clearly haven't used Anakin in a long time because Retribution is a death trap. Almost instantly he loses his damage reduction and gets melted. Every. Time. I literally just got choked by Vader out of it. But yes, lets remove an ability that sucks because it's "too good" against your 150 health infantry. Poor you.
    You only die with retribution if used in areas where people are out of retribution’s range, every time I get retribution I make sure that this never happens
  • I used to agree with this but I feel like retribution is fine in its current state. It's damage has been heavily nerfed and it doesn't come up that often. However I feel like one of the dark siders should also have an ultimate. Only fair
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Iden & poe got 4 abilities in starfighters. Oh wait lemme guess you don't play the mode so you don't care. But sure remove it & give him his power after the 1st heroic might nerf.

Oh also you probably ran into a good anakin player & got put in his ultimate huh

Hero ships and regular heroes aren't really compatible, those Iden's is a slight team buff and Poe's is just a super zoom where he can't even use his weapons, and on top of all that both Iden's TIE fighter and Poe's X-wing are inferior to Y-Wings.

The very idea of an ultimate is unbalanced

It's not an ultimate any more though :/ just a regular move that can't be earned but 2 times a game. Vaders choke does 262 damage when choking 2 people & allow him to do 600 plus that sounds like a ultimate.
  • Also... "For the last time"? Really? Do you have the power to enforce your ultimatum? If so, why wait all this time to act? Someone with the power to bend EA to his/her/ect. will could've saved the lot of us a great deal of trouble in the past year... 🤔🤨🧐
  • I honestly don't care whether it stays or goes. It can be useful, but the majority of the time it isn't.
  • retribution is fine its an annoying ability but its not overpowered its no were close to the power it once had. I think the only and last change it needs is maybe have an aura around Anakin when retribution is ready to be used cause right now the only issue is its hard to tell if Anakin has it ready or not outside of reading the way the Anakin player moves but even that isn't really needed imo.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Oh god here we go, yet ANOTHER nerf Anakin post after he's been nerfed 20 times now.

No one said this was about nerfing him. :wink:
  • Retribution is the ultimate no skill ability. Instant, no warning, 360, wide radius.

He's not killing anyone with that move. Does no damage to phasma & vader, boba just laughs, grevious & dooku lol they regen 300 plus. Laughable ability now.

It still damages and in ga it can be a death sentence for a low level hero, especially since it still stuns for 2 seconds. It is the cheapest ability in the game and a noobs dream. It needs to go.
  • A 4th ability while everyone else only has 3 is inherently unfair. However retribution is a shell of what it used to be, & is in most cases only used 1-2 times tops over the course of a match.
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • Retribution is the ultimate no skill ability. Instant, no warning, 360, wide radius.

He's not killing anyone with that move. Does no damage to phasma & vader, boba just laughs, grevious & dooku lol they regen 300 plus. Laughable ability now.

It still damages and in ga it can be a death sentence for a low level hero, especially since it still stuns for 2 seconds. It is the cheapest ability in the game and a noobs dream. It needs to go.

A grenade can be a death sentence to a low level hero. He's also only killing the 4 classes & that's it. He's not killing an aerial, enforcer or a hero. Get retribution & use it surrounded by enemies & you'll at best kill 5 people.
  • DarthLando wrote: »
    A 4th ability while everyone else only has 3 is inherently unfair. However retribution is a shell of what it used to be, & is in most cases only used 1-2 times tops over the course of a match.

He only has 3 in HvV
  • Oh god here we go, yet ANOTHER nerf Anakin post after he's been nerfed 20 times now.

He was never nerfed though; he was fixed.

Can't be fixed if you was working as intended

He clearly wasn't working as intended, because he wasn't. Now he is thankfully, time to move along.

He was though. Playerbase cried so they changed him.

Fixed him*, as he wasn't working as intended until now. Thanks for agreeing.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • I'm happy whenever Anakin uses Retribution, means either me or my team will bang him up in the next 5 seconds.
    Ever heard about a swan song ?
  • All that for a drip of blood?
    9wexqoicrpnu.png
  • Defbored
    1546 posts Member
    edited August 20
    Retribution is the ultimate no skill ability. Instant, no warning, 360, wide radius.

it definitely one of the more cheese abilities in the game. not only is anakin damaging you, but you're left open to blaster fire as well. But this is a trend in the game.
    Post edited by Defbored on
  • Rinku
    88 posts Member
    I thought the whole hating on Anakin thing was over, guess it isn’t. I personally think he’s fine currently and its not like he’s still some sort of god. Pre Patch Anakin was too OP and even if you were the most skilled player in the game you wouldn’t beat him in a thousand years. But now if you know what you are doing you can take him out that is if he doesn’t have others constantly assisting him.
    Open your eyes...
    ekn97qol2xso.gif

• oHK47
    21 posts Member
    I've said it before I'll say it again. Leia/Iden and Boba all have 4th abilities with their alt-fire and jetpack, respectively. The only difference I see is that they all have cards buffing these abilities whereas Anakin does not. Personally I die way more to Iden's alt-fire than I do retribution. I think Anakin is fine now but it'd be nice to see everyone get a 4th ability.

Just my two cents...
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    All that for a drip of blood?

I appreciate u
  • oHK47 wrote: »
    I've said it before I'll say it again. Leia/Iden and Boba all have 4th abilities with their alt-fire and jetpack, respectively. The only difference I see is that they all have cards buffing these abilities whereas Anakin does not. Personally I die way more to Iden's alt-fire than I do retribution. I think Anakin is fine now but it'd be nice to see everyone get a 4th ability.

Just my two cents...

Left trigger/right button zoom replacement would not count as a 4th ability.

As sabers have blocking as that trigger/button and anakin has both block and 4th ability.

But yes I would like 4th abilities for everyone but as ultimate abilities like in MOBAs. The system is based on them and they should.

Though the build up is not worth it as it only does little bit by it self.
    What does DX in my name stand for?
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Oh god here we go, yet ANOTHER nerf Anakin post after he's been nerfed 20 times now.

HAHAHAHAHAHA GREAT JOKE

Anakin is a great joke, yes. Thank you for confirming.

What’s a joke is people like you who complain and complain and complain to nerf a character then as soon as he’s nerfed into the ground, still say he’s OP. God you people are delusional.

We didn't ask for nerfs, we asked for balance.

Anakin was literally the best hero in every category for months. None of the villains could touch him for far too long.

Now, he's pretty well balanced and in line with the other heroes, however, having 4 abilities is still OTT for me. Buff passionate strike and remove Retribution!

Exactly.
  • If Dice removes retribution but reverts heroic might to its previous state. I think that’s fair; just don’t shoot him lol
  • It’s not nearly as bad these days, particularly from an infantry play point of view.

For me the worst case scenario here is they add a fourth ability for all heroes to bring them in line with him. This will just ruin the game imo.
  • MC_XIX
    1914 posts Member
    MC_XIX wrote: »
    Oh god here we go, yet ANOTHER nerf Anakin post after he's been nerfed 20 times now.

HAHAHAHAHAHA GREAT JOKE

What’s a joke is people like you who complain and complain and complain to nerf a character then as soon as he’s nerfed into the ground, still say he’s OP. God you people are delusional.

Anakin was literally the best hero in every category for months. None of the villains could touch him for far too long.

Now, he's pretty well balanced and in line with the other heroes, however, having 4 abilities is still OTT for me. Buff passionate strike and remove Retribution!

He was perfectly fine 2 nerfs ago now stop crying

Was that back when Heroic Might was dealing 400 damage to villains and breaking GA & CS? If so, he was absolutely not fine 2 nerfs ago.
  • Oh, this... this is the last time? Ok... thank goodness. I thought the last time was last time but I guess this time is the last time.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »

HAHAHAHAHAHA GREAT JOKE

He was perfectly fine 2 nerfs ago now stop crying

Was that back when Heroic Might was dealing 400 damage to villains and breaking GA & CS? If so, he was absolutely not fine 2 nerfs ago.

All they has to do was nerf the damage to q max of 170 against troopers.
  • Will this really be the last time for this request? I certainly hope so.
  • Will this really be the last time for this request? I certainly hope so.

No- :)
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    Iden & poe got 4 abilities in starfighters. Oh wait lemme guess you don't play the mode so you don't care. But sure remove it & give him his power after the 1st heroic might nerf.

Oh also you probably ran into a good anakin player & got put in his ultimate huh

Hero ships and regular heroes aren't really compatible, those Iden's is a slight team buff and Poe's is just a super zoom where he can't even use his weapons, and on top of all that both Iden's TIE fighter and Poe's X-wing are inferior to Y-Wings.

Afraid I have to disagree there, friend. Poe’s ship is the best in the game in my opinion.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • lerodemmy wrote: »
    Empire_TW wrote: »

Afraid I have to disagree there, friend. Poe’s ship is the best in the game in my opinion.

A Y-Wing would kick his *****
    Janina Gavankar/Iden Versio Fan
    First Max Prestige Iden Versio
    hojevrxvarht.png
    PSN: Empire_TW. Twitter: Empire_TW. Youtube: Empire_TW.