criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Genuinely curious? HvV strategy.. What’s yours?

What’s your go to for playing HvV?

A.) Stick with your team and cover each other. When you eventually die, regroup and repeat?

(The only way to actually win a match, based off countless hours I’ve poured into this dismal game. What we do for Star Wars. 🤦🏻‍♂️)

B.) Immediately run off and do your own thing or run away from teammates trying to stick with you? Never help when you’re close by and your teammate is being overrun.

I’m honestly genuinely curious, I really am baffled at how many players in this gamer base choose B. If you are someone who chooses B, what’s your thought process? I need my hope restored. 😭😝 Help!

Replies

• The sad thing is I don't think most people put that much thought in to how they play. They will die 15 times but be proud of themselves for that three kills they got.
  • There is really no strategy in this current game mode, it's just R2-spam, hiding, ambushing, or any other tactic does nothing because of incompetent teammates not knowing how to win 1 on 1's. The current HvV mode is just everyone fighting randomly, no guarding targets or trying to pin down who will be the next target, which is why I think the

The simple strategy of sticking together IS the unsaid objective and therefore strategy but NOBODY gets that. Ergo it’s boring, unbalanced, aggravating playing. I agree, the old target system was much more exciting! 👌🏻
  • My strategy?

Wipe them out. All of them.

Haha! I think that’s more of an objective... 😜

• Try not to get ambushed stay on level ground. Never let a Jedi take the high ground. Run.
  • What’s your go to for playing HvV?

A.) Stick with your team and cover each other. When you eventually die, regroup and repeat?

(The only way to actually win a match, based off countless hours I’ve poured into this dismal game. What we do for Star Wars. 🤦🏻‍♂️)

B.) Immediately run off and do your own thing or run away from teammates trying to stick with you? Never help when you’re close by and your teammate is being overrun.

I’m honestly genuinely curious, I really am baffled at how many players in this gamer base choose B. If you are someone who chooses B, what’s your thought process? I need my hope restored. 😭😝 Help!

I use A, obviously, but if I can’t end up corralling them all when I’m on a bad team, I’ll usually settle for sticking with at least one of them, preferably a blaster hero while I’m using a saber since I know he’ll need protection and since it’ll be harder for him to lose me when he runs off again.

I wish I could use Kylo/Anakin to pull those Strategy B players back to our group when they try to run off.
  • My strategy?

Well you're defintely not lightside
  • There is really no strategy in this current game mode, it's just R2-spam, hiding, ambushing, or any other tactic does nothing because of incompetent teammates not knowing how to win 1 on 1's. The current HvV mode is just everyone fighting randomly, no guarding targets or trying to pin down who will be the next target, which is why I think the current mode sucks.

This is when the better players in the team (keeping somewhat of an eye on things) should make an effort to step in to help the struggling teammate.
  • Zman2202 wrote: »
    My strategy?

Han would disagree
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
    My strategy?

Han would disagree

You use HAN??? Man you evil
    Zman2202 wrote: »
    My strategy?

Han would disagree

He's amazing. And it's silly how a shoulder charge can break through a saber block, but I ain't complaining. Blaster heroes > saber heroes.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Han, Chewie, Lando, Boba, Iden, Phasma 4 teh winz
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Werowe4
    182 posts Member
    edited August 19
    My strategy?

Han would disagree

He's amazing. And it's silly how a shoulder charge can break through a saber block, but I ain't complaining. Blaster heroes > saber heroes.

Agree (for the most part) but blaster heroes also def require more skill to use. But as Han says, “don’t get cocky, kid,” by being that Han than tries to follow Vader into a darkened hallway alone.
  • Axone
    408 posts Member
    I always win 1vs1 duel. I never lose since July 15th 2019.
  • Han, Chewie, Lando, Boba, Iden, Phasma 4 teh winz

Best line up fight there. 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
  • Werowe4 wrote: »

I use A, obviously, but if I can’t end up corralling them all when I’m on a bad team, I’ll usually settle for sticking with at least one of them, preferably a blaster hero while I’m using a saber since I know he’ll need protection and since it’ll be harder for him to lose me when he runs off again.

I wish I could use Kylo/Anakin to pull those Strategy B players back to our group when they try to run off.

That would be so nice! I feel like they should just add simple team preset prompts that players can utilize. Like an S.O.S and Stick together. Have them be D-pad controls and display as a quick banner on each players screen when pressed.
  • Strategy? Try to play as a team but when the score is 28-35 and I haven't seen a teammate since the beginning I accidentally fall off ledges or respawn....then fall off more ledges.

That would be so nice! I feel like they should just add simple team preset prompts that players can utilize. Like an S.O.S and Stick together. Have them be D-pad controls and display as a quick banner on each players screen when pressed.

Or maybe something more obvious, like an orbital strike warning giving you 30 seconds only for your character after failing to be near a friendly for more than a minute.
  • Strategy? Try to play as a team but when the score is 28-35 and I haven't seen a teammate since the beginning I accidentally fall off ledges or respawn....then fall off more ledges.

I hope you’re kidding. I’ve been in those bad match-ups (a lot, unfortunately) and I’ve seen the ledge jumpers, usually as they’re jumping off right after I spent the time to circle around the map to reach them...it’s irritating - perhaps even more so than the rage quitters...
  • DarthJ
    6659 posts Member
    Usually trying to stick with the team, and trying to flank the smaller battles when they kick off. Usually works.

If I have a pap team who all go rambo and die I try to sneak around the enemy and penetrate their rear
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Stick with the team at initial spawn, run to and engage opponents, see team die nearly instantly, get mobbed by 4 opponents, kill one, maybe 2, die, respawn 150 meters from team that has already ran back in one at a time to die by the time I get to them, get mobbed by 4 opponents, kill one or two, die, respawn 150 meters from my team that has already ran back in one at a time to die by the time I get to them, get mobbed by 4 opponents, kill one or two, die, respawn 150 meters and stand there; maybe say something in chat about the team's strategy; stay and continue the cycle or leave and find another lobby to do it all over again.
  • I've said this numerous times...

A is the obvious strategy if you're trying to win the game. There's really no other way to play.

However, many people use B. I think the reason for that is because they're just playing to level guys up and mess around. They don't care about winning....They just want to get some XP and mash buttons.

With no stats and no win/loss records, it's easy to see why many people don't care at all about results and why they're perfectly happy to just mash some buttons and run off into 1 on 4 battles.
  • bfloo
    15680 posts Member
    Win the 1st exchange or spend the rest of the match trying to regroup while fending off the kill ball.

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• With how one sided it is- throw crap at the wall till it sticks Xx
  • It's a TDM so for me it's simple. Stay with the team and keep the glow sticks off the ranged if I'm a glow stick (I'm usually a ranged myself).
  • ZiggyXT wrote: »
    It's a TDM so for me it's simple. Stay with the team and keep the glow sticks off the ranged if I'm a glow stick (I'm usually a ranged myself).

Lol, I stand corrected; this should be the HvV default tip on the loading page.
  • IcedFreon
    828 posts Member
    edited August 26

nwwy06x8u1ah.gif
  • Try to isolate an enemy and defeat them 1v1. Spamfront 2 is no fun fighting a group of heroes where you just get ragdolled & spammed continuously thru broken block mechanics and teleporting you into the enemy as you try to evade & maneuver
  • Give 'em a proper humbling therapy session.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Different maps = different strategies.
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber

giphy.gif
  • Kill the enemy and don't die?

More specifically, stay together and perform your roles. Sabers should protect their blasters from other sabers while blasters ensure their own sabers aren't getting shot in the back from halfway across the map while trying to do so.

Unless you're Boba then only the first applies you can go wherever you want and pick whatever you want to kill next.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• Strategy went out the window with the targets system. Now it's just "stick together and steamroll", which is sad.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
    ZiggyXT wrote: »
    It's a TDM so for me it's simple. Stay with the team and keep the glow sticks off the ranged if I'm a glow stick (I'm usually a ranged myself).

Lol, I stand corrected; this should be the HvV default tip on the loading page.

Sadly from what i've seen that seems to much to ask for around 50% of the player base lol.
  • It's is especially frustrating when you finally get grouped together, hold your ground, and even gain back momentum. Then your teammates scatter like lemmings again and get slaughtered. They don't notice when the team is losing 10:1 vs winning 10:1.

Facepalm
  • I stick with my team your an easy target when isolated in HvV
  • Suicide off the ledge until hate mail ensues.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh