criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

Should Obi-Wan's Defence Rush Break Blocks?

I seen a lot of players have been talking about Rey should break blocks with her Dash, and made me think, should Obi-Wan's Defence Rush ability break blocks? Yoda's dash breaks blocks. but Luke & Maul's doesn't. it's because it would be to over powered. How Defence Rush should break blocks? Maybe how the slam of Defence Rush could break blocks? Let me know on what your thoughts are for Obi-Wan breaking blocks with Defence Rush?

Replies

• I think Rey makes since because she is literally charging at you trojan style with a light saber. With Obi Wan he looks like he's swatting a fly so thats a no.
  • Nope. It's a defensive move coupled with forward motion not an elaborate maneuver or fancy dueling technique.
  • masontcarr wrote: »
    I seen a lot of players have been talking about Rey should break blocks with her Dash, and made me think, should Obi-Wan's Defence Rush ability break blocks? Yoda's dash breaks blocks. but Luke & Maul's doesn't. it's because it would be to over powered. How Defence Rush should break blocks? Maybe how the slam of Defence Rush could break blocks? Let me know on what your thoughts are for Obi-Wan breaking blocks with Defence Rush?

No.
  • anidriX
    1044 posts Member
    The reason why Yoda can and Luke & Maul can’t is the distance covered and the speed in which said distance is covered. Luke and Maul’s Rush are very fast, that’s why they can’t and shouldn’t break block. Yoda doesn’t cover much distance. If he misses his dash, he is left open for back slashes.
    Obi-Wan’s Rush is very slow and very clunky so he should either break blocks, get a speed buff in its animation or get damage reduction while performing it. In its current state, it’s a useless ability in HvV.
  • Obi-Wan's Rush shouldn't break blocks, but it should have a slight buff to its running speed and turn radius imo. Right now its pretty clunky without much payoff.

• anidriX wrote: »
    The reason why Yoda can and Luke & Maul can’t is the distance covered and the speed in which said distance is covered. Luke and Maul’s Rush are very fast, that’s why they can’t and shouldn’t break block. Yoda doesn’t cover much distance. If he misses his dash, he is left open for back slashes.
    Obi-Wan’s Rush is very slow and very clunky so he should either break blocks, get a speed buff in its animation or get damage reduction while performing it. In its current state, it’s a useless ability in HvV.

I wouldn’t mind a speed buff.

• Lord_Tyrannus
    716 posts Member
    edited August 19
    anidriX wrote: »

The reason yoda can is cause of crying

You never will understand it.His dash is not the issue.
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    Obi-Wan's Rush shouldn't break blocks, but it should have a slight buff to its running speed and turn radius imo. Right now its pretty clunky without much payoff.

you're right. that would be better than breaking blocks.
  • MC_XIX
    1926 posts Member
    Either all dash abilities should break a block, or none should. Enough with the preferential treatment (looking at you, Yoda).
  • MC_XIX wrote: »
    Either all dash abilities should break a block, or none should. Enough with the preferential treatment (looking at you, Yoda).

Agree. I’m for all dash abilities breaking block, but if none of them did I wouldn't be fussed. It should be consistent across the board.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I’d like him to be able to activate defensive rush from a block.
  • No. The only heroes that should be able to break block is Anakin and Dooku.

They are of equal skill in duels.

I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.
    35l7lo44u7u1.gif
  • CC_1010
    1820 posts Member
    Enzyoo wrote: »
    No. The only heroes that should be able to break block is Anakin and Dooku.

They are of equal skill in duels.

So how about yoda?