criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

What’s your Gamescom Road Map Prediction? - A Community Discussion

FightingLions14
504 posts Member
edited August 20
Here is my prediction for the road map that I believe will be revealed at Gamescom. These predictions take into account road maps we have gotten previously, and the flow of content we have received up until this point. Please bear in mind that some of these predictions are more realistic than others. With that said, these are my predictions:

Predictions List:
1. Road Map will span from late August to late January.
2. New weapons will arrive no later than September.
3. 4 more new heroes will arrive at some point during Battlefront 2’s life span. Only 2 will come between now and January though.
4. Felucia will come as a CS map in August, but will come to GA/small game modes at a later date.
5. New Hero skins will be dripped fed during this time span. Luke will receive the most skins.
6. A new ST map will come this winter for Episode 9. It will be a different, modified version of Yavin 4.
7. New reinforcements for the ST will come as part of the Episode 9 Update.
8. Community challenges will be explored in more ways, and grant rewards other than emotes and voice lines.
9. DEV Team will discuss that they are CONSIDERING adding Capital Supremacy to OT and ST next year. There will be no official confirmation.
10. Finally, a special 2 year anniversary event for Battlefront 2 will happen in November. Details will be scarce.
11. Almost forgot, PvE mode (or modes) will announced as offline content for September, which also brings more improvements to AI. The PvE will originally be Clone Wars only, and will expand to OT and ST overtime.

What do you guys think? What would you like to see announced at Gamescom? Let’s keep the discussion going down below!

Thanks and have a great day!! 😁
Post edited by FightingLions14 on

Replies

• Good list.

This list is a combo of what to expect and what I'm hoping for:

Reveal of PvE mode and Felucia.

Luke skins for 2 year anniversary (Nov).

Infiltrators for OT and ST eras.

Possibly Clone Commandos.

Ventress, Ahsoka, Krennic and Jyn.

Scarif.

A new weapon for each class.

Ep 9 content - new planet, hero skins (Dec).

Further bug fixes and balance changes.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • FightingLions14
    504 posts Member
    edited August 19
    Good list.

This list is a combo of what to expect and what I'm hoping for:

Reveal of PvE mode and Felucia.

Luke skins for 2 year anniversary (Nov).

Infiltrators for OT and ST eras.

Possibly Clone Commandos.

Ventress, Ahsoka, Krennic and Jyn.

Scarif.

A new weapon for each class.

Ep 9 content - new planet, hero skins (Dec).

Further bug fixes and balance changes.

Edit: Just added PvE prediction. Thanks for inadvertently reminding me. Hopefully, many of these predictions will come true.
  • ZephanUnbound
    3012 posts Member
    edited August 19
    August- First PvE mode

September- 2nd PvE mode, Felucia for CS only, 1 new weapon per class or mods for defaults, hero skin

October- Ventress, Clone Commandos, Hero skin

November- Ahsoka; Felucia, CS ship interiors, and Geonosis Pipeline maps added to HvV and Blast; hero skin

December- Episode 9 small scale mode map and skins

January- ST reinforcements; Old Luke, Leia, Han skins

February- The Mandalorian Hero/Villain pair, probably Cara Dune/IG-11
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    I'm certain that the CT that comes with this roadmap will contain something along the lines of "more on this soon".

News about news 🤔.... wouldn’t surprise me honestly.
  • I really hope the Devs cut off Clone Wars content by October...that would be about 1 year of Clone Wars content and anymore than that is gonna make the game super stale.

Also, Episode 9/ST needs time to shine for a few months, and hopefully OT content will come at some point in early 2020, after ST stuff.
  • I really hope the Devs cut off Clone Wars content by October...that would be about 1 year of Clone Wars content and anymore than that is gonna make the game super stale.

Also, Episode 9/ST needs time to shine for a few months, and hopefully OT content will come at some point in early 2020, after ST stuff.

Oct and Nov for OT / Rogue One, and Dec and Jan for ST / Ep 9 would be good.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."

That would be good, though hopefully more time (aka more than 2 months) is dedicated to the OT in the future.

That would be good, though hopefully more time (aka more than 2 months) is dedicated to the OT in the future.

Absolutely agree, I'm just not expecting the game to get support after like Jan or Feb next year, hope I'm wrong.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • This:
  • May The Force Be With Us

CfeQWN_VAAACurs.jpg

:love:
  • Hesha
    508 posts Member
    May The Force Be With Us

CfeQWN_VAAACurs.jpg

:love:

I would absolutely love to see scariff added to the roadmap
  • August- are there anymore cw skins left?
    September- offline mode
    October- Felucia for CS, blast and hvv, possibly a hero with skin emote and voice line.
    November- second hero with skin emote, hero tweaks, a skin or two
    December- Episode 9 planet for CS, blast, hvv. A few skins and emotes or voice lines.
    January- maybe a skin or two and more hero fiddling

February-The end.

Hope I'm wrong, but I see what little is left being strung out over the next several months and that's it. I'm a big extraction fan, but they dont know what a good mode is, clearly.