criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Spider-Man being taken out of MCU discussion

As you know Spider-Man will be taken out of the MCU thanks to the Sony-Disney deal gone sour. What are your thoughts on this? I think that given how far from home ended, they should agree to make another movie that ENDS Peter Parker's story in the MCU and then Sony can make another trash film that I’m going to boycott that has uncle Ben dying AGAIN. Who hoo

Replies

• Also jay’s comment. Ha hajolmwsvlrvix.png
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member
    I prefer SpiderMan as a stand alone.

While I like Tom and thought he did a great job, the Rami trilogy was better story wise.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• lowell
    1273 posts Member
    edited August 21
    bfloo wrote: »

While I like Tom and thought he did a great job, the Rami trilogy was better story wise.

Honestly, what Marvel Studios is doing is positioning him into a larger role for the long-term.

If you can look at the similarities to Star Wars, Tony is like Obi-Wan and Peter would be Luke Skywalker. It is funny to think about, but Nick Fury is sort of like a Yoda in a way.

Those Mysterio illusions reminded me of Luke in the cave on Dagobah from Empire Strikes Back and a little bit of Rey's vision on Takodana from TFA.

So far, his appearances from Civil War to Homecoming to Infinity War to Endgame is kind of like A New Hope.
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member
    lowell wrote: »

Honestly, what Marvel Studios is doing is positioning him into a larger role for the long-term.

If you can look at the similarities to Star Wars, Tony is like Obi-Wan and Peter would be Luke Skywalker. It is funny to think about, but Nick Fury is sort of like a Yoda in a way.

Those Mysterio illusions reminded me of Luke in the cave on Dagobah from Empire Strikes Back and a little bit of Rey's vision on Takodana from TFA.

So far, his appearances from Civil War to Homecoming to Infinity War to Endgame is kind of like A New Hope.

That is even worse. I don't want MCU and Star Wars to be the same thing.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Did you know that the Russo brothers wanted Thanos to be the next Darth Vader
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member

Did you know that the Russo brothers wanted Thanos to be the next Darth Vader

Any one making a villain would want them to be the next Darth Vader.

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4
    2860 posts Member
    So

latest?cb=20180314235243

Anyone?
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ROMG4
    2860 posts Member
    As you know Spider-Man will be taken out of the MCU thanks to the Sony-Disney deal gone sour. What are your thoughts on this? I think that given how far from home ended, they should agree to make another movie that ENDS Peter Parker's story in the MCU and then Sony can make another trash film that I’m going to boycott that has uncle Ben dying AGAIN. Who hoo

As opposed to Uncle Ben being completely ignored so we can have Iron Boy Junior
    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    So

latest?cb=20180314235243

Anyone?

boz8e3yvz4ev.png
    approves

h846398gb27k.png

• ROMG4 wrote: »
    So

latest?cb=20180314235243

Anyone?

Oh yea! totally!!
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA
  • lowell
    1273 posts Member
    edited August 22

He's not going to be a Jedi Knight. Once a mentor dies, the apprentice has to finally stand up by themselves, kind of like the transition to adulthood that all people do eventually.

Far From Home showed that he can't just only save the friendly neighborhood anymore, but the entire universe depends on him.

That's why Stan Lee wrote the saying "With great powers comes great responsibility" in the comics.

Even though, Tony made him some suits (Anakin's lightsaber), Peter eventually made his own tech-fused suits (Luke's lightsaber).

It's the tech era, there's going to be innovative enhancements in the suit, gotta keep up with the changes over time.
    Post edited by lowell on
  • lowell
    1273 posts Member

As opposed to Uncle Ben being completely ignored so we can have Iron Boy Junior

I believe you are referring to Iron Lad & Iron Woman or Ironheart:

latest?cb=20190802161027

latest?cb=20190726133152

• ZephanUnbound
    3010 posts Member
    edited August 26
    Not a fan of the MCU Spider-Man so doesn't affect me in the slightest. What I would like to see is Raimi, Tobey, and Kirsten returning to do Spider-Man 4, would be cool to see an older Peter Parker for a change, one who is married to Mary Jane and maybe has a kid.

I hear Sony has plans for a whole Spider-Man Cinematic Universe of their own, with movies and tv shows, both animated and live-action, focused on heroes, anti-heroes, and villains from the Spider-Man universe. I could be down for that as long as they don't [removed] like the first Spider-Man reboot series they did with Andrew Garfield.
    Post edited by IIPrest0nII on
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    So

latest?cb=20180314235243

Anyone?

HomelyBitesizedJackal-size_restricted.gif
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • fepcn7bjp1fm.jpeg
    #infantrylivesmatter
    Instant Action Saved The Offline Community!!

FRIENDLY FIRE -> ON/Off in IA
  • So just found out a new deal is under talked.

Disney gets:
    7 movies with Spider-Man, 4 of those will be solo movies while the other 3 will be team up films like civil war or infinity war

Streaming and airing distribution rights for HC and FFM and all future MCU Spidey films

Those solo Spidey films will be co-financed by Sony and Disney

25 or 30% percent of profits on the Spidey solo films

Sony gets:

Rights to live action Spiderverse shows

Kevin Feige to help produce future spiderverse films like venom 2 or into the spider-verse 2

What do you guys think about this new deal

• lowell
    1273 posts Member
    edited August 25
    Something for the road whatever happens:

• Rinku
    73 posts Member
    81xzpr8d1i8y.gif
    Oh boy yeah, here comes Spider-Man 4.
  • Zirius
    313 posts Member
    edited August 26
    So

latest?cb=20180314235243

Anyone?

This. No Andrew Garfield, no Tom Holland. Tobey Maguire is the real and best Spider-man . And those were the best spidey movies.
  • DarthJ
    6655 posts Member
    Would rather he was in the MCU, but not the route they have took with him being Starks pet project. Spidey should always be his own man, not a whiney kid who sits and talks about how amazing another hero is. Thats all FFH was full of.

Yeah he was with the Avengers sometimes in the comics but not as often as most. I liked the fact he was his own man and was more of the 'neighbourhood' Spider-Man.

It all boils down to the fact that in the 90s Marvel shouldnt have been reckless trying to catch DC and thereby almost going bankrupt and having to sell off individual movie rights for heroes. If they hadnt of done all of that, we would have saw Spidey, F4 and X-Men in the MCU from the off.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • ROMG4
    2860 posts Member
    In the original comics the only other heroes Spidey had a lot of contact with were the Fantastic Four. In particular the Human Torch who would appear in a number of issues and a few annuals I believe. He even fought Dr. Doom in issue 6 I believe

Any contact he had with the other Avengers excluding Hulk came much later after he finished High-School and stuff. I honestly can't remember any cross-over issue in the actual Amazing series with the Avengers. Spider-Man was almost always solo in his own series and honestly he works better that way

OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2

The OOM-9 Thread