criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Instant action split screen disappointment👎

2Next

Replies

• I wonder if turning off all the abilities (except maybe one for saber users to use at range) would fix this. If it would, I think it would be a good trade off.

Aaaaaaaaah yuck no. I want A.I. Boosk to use all his abilities. Like I said
    (1.) Zip file it
    (2.) shut off all un-necessary running files while I.A. runs.
    (3.) Get rid of non-participating combat, i.e. - the background sequences

This hopefully will permit more A.I... Again I'm no expert here though.

I wonder if they tried those already.
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.
  • I wonder if turning off all the abilities (except maybe one for saber users to use at range) would fix this. If it would, I think it would be a good trade off.

(1.) Zip file it

please do not take this as an offense, but number 1 is just hilarious :D that is not how it works
  • ELIMELECH0401
    1410 posts Member
    edited October 14
    I wonder if turning off all the abilities (except maybe one for saber users to use at range) would fix this. If it would, I think it would be a good trade off.

(1.) Zip file it

please do not take this as an offense, but number 1 is just hilarious :D that is not how it works

2 and 3 would certainly help. What are some good ways to get split screen in IA?
    I am the same user as Elimelech401, that account was not tied to the game. I am hoping for more Skirmish with split screen and hero AI.

(1.) Zip file it

2 and 3 would certainly help. What are some good ways to get split screen in IA?

Well, 2 and 3 are valid options as far as my knowledge goes, but the render-tasks are still massive. So "workarounds" could be to lower the frame rate as much as possible (which is most likely less of a workaround but an issue appearing) and second minimize the quality of the graphics. But since we are talking dice here, they will not beat the graphics to the ground just to get one mode working...

Honestly, it is often "playing around" and "adjusting" all graphical settings and trying to enhance the way the hardware is used by the game as of now - talking to use as many cores as possible at the same time, so that the system is used more heavily, but it can achieve more. And this kind of trying to balance things out just takes a heck of a time, especially since using all cpu cores at the same time for a long time is not the best idea, since your system, well, will melt :D So idk how they are going to handle it properly and how devs are going to work it out, especially with frostbite... That is why they are saying - it is difficult

(1.) Zip file it

Well, 2 and 3 are valid options as far as my knowledge goes, but the render-tasks are still massive. So "workarounds" could be to lower the frame rate as much as possible (which is most likely less of a workaround but an issue appearing) and second minimize the quality of the graphics. But since we are talking dice here, they will not beat the graphics to the ground just to get one mode working...

Honestly, it is often "playing around" and "adjusting" all graphical settings and trying to enhance the way the hardware is used by the game as of now - talking to use as many cores as possible at the same time, so that the system is used more heavily, but it can achieve more. And this kind of trying to balance things out just takes a heck of a time, especially since using all cpu cores at the same time for a long time is not the best idea, since your system, well, will melt :D So idk how they are going to handle it properly and how devs are going to work it out, especially with frostbite... That is why they are saying - it is difficult

They could reduced the graphics for IA split screen without changes other modes or even single player IA by rerendering with lower settings and using these new files for split screen IA. This wouldn't take that much dev time either.
  • Online experience is bad, still, the game is heavily based on online modes, it makes no sense. Hopefully they're still trying
  • hosco33 wrote: »
    Online experience is bad, still, the game is heavily based on online modes, it makes no sense. Hopefully they're still trying

It sounds like they are.

(1.) Zip file it

They could reduced the graphics for IA split screen without changes other modes or even single player IA by rerendering with lower settings and using these new files for split screen IA. This wouldn't take that much dev time either.

It would take much dev time - especially with DICE focusing on higher end models, they ost likely do not have proper "lower poly" versions of the models that have reduced verticies. If they change the quality settings only for one game ode, they still would have massive render tasks due to the verticies in the scene. Yes they can redue the assets, but then they are modifiying the map with a trial and error method and this - as suggested - takes time. So it is understandable, whatever they are doing, that they need time for it

(1.) Zip file it

It would take much dev time - especially with DICE focusing on higher end models, they ost likely do not have proper "lower poly" versions of the models that have reduced verticies. If they change the quality settings only for one game ode, they still would have massive render tasks due to the verticies in the scene. Yes they can redue the assets, but then they are modifiying the map with a trial and error method and this - as suggested - takes time. So it is understandable, whatever they are doing, that they need time for it

Oh my, sounds like you know what you are talking about. Cool. 😎👍🏼
    “There is always hope.”
  • Can they atleast let me pause instant action.
  • Bump until it gets added!
  • Agreed OP

Reduce graphics.. or reduce trooper AI count. I don't care. Just make it happen.

• The_Meme_Lord
    198 posts Member
    edited October 17
    They have the dumbest AI ever, where are they actually wasting resources?
    F8RGE wrote: »

This is a joke right?

f78hqpo5bn3m.png

REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
  • Edit ate my post so here's the short version. Editing poly count would take a while. I meant change options in the render window. I will be patient for split screen but I do want it.
    I wonder if turning off all the abilities (except maybe one for saber users to use at range) would fix this. If it would, I think it would be a good trade off.

(1.) Zip file it

Edit ate my post so here's the short version. Editing poly count would take a while. I meant change options in the render window. I will be patient for split screen but I do want it.
  • Edit ate my post so here's the short version. Editing poly count would take a while. I meant change options in the render window. I will be patient for split screen but I do want it.

(1.) Zip file it

Edit ate my post so here's the short version. Editing poly count would take a while. I meant change options in the render window. I will be patient for split screen but I do want it.

Well ok - then I probably misunderstood what you were referring to, my bad. Changing quality settings for a single scene could bring some improvements, but it would not do the trick IMO

(1.) Zip file it

Well ok - then I probably misunderstood what you were referring to, my bad. Changing quality settings for a single scene could bring some improvements, but it would not do the trick IMO

It sounds like it requires lowering the poly count, let's hope the devs will do this.
  • Would it be easier to make Co-op offline and split screen?
  • I was wondering if the phases would help with this.
  • Instant Action playable online for coop or vs "private" matches ? Anyone ?
    I would much rather have couch co-op and would not use online co-op. If being connected to the internet would allow us to get split screen faster while they worked on offline split screen, I would be all for that.

Bump!

Bumping can get threads closed, please don't.
    I would much rather have couch co-op and would not use online co-op. If being connected to the internet would allow us to get split screen faster while they worked on offline split screen, I would be all for that.

Bump!

<If being connected to the internet would allow us to get split screen faster> -> I do not quit eget that, how should being connected to the internet help in any way.
  • People are bumping this thread because there arent enough people complaining about it, just like how "revert speeder nerf" threads are bumped all the time. Its upsetting how there is no response from the devs and no progress made with reverting the nerfs so its bumped. There simply arent enough threads discussing these problems
    REVERT THE SPEEDER NERF!
  • People are bumping this thread because there arent enough people complaining about it, just like how "revert speeder nerf" threads are bumped all the time. Its upsetting how there is no response from the devs and no progress made with reverting the nerfs so its bumped. There simply arent enough threads discussing these problems

More threads do not help, especially since they get closed by moderators, asking to keep it in one thread.

Take a look at starfighter content. There have been many threads and there is a HUGE one, which gets daily bumbs - but what should I say, if the devs are not willing to develop something for those requests, then the devs are not willing to develop something for these requests - which is a shame

Bump!

<If being connected to the internet would allow us to get split screen faster> -> I do not quit eget that, how should being connected to the internet help in any way.

I was thinking it would allow their servers to help overcome the technical restrictions, I could be wrong though.
  • Can they atleast let me pause instant action.
    This. It’s offline, I don’t get why you can pause it.

PSN: this_old_mouse
    People are bumping this thread because there arent enough people complaining about it, just like how "revert speeder nerf" threads are bumped all the time. Its upsetting how there is no response from the devs and no progress made with reverting the nerfs so its bumped. There simply arent enough threads discussing these problems

More threads do not help, especially since they get closed by moderators, asking to keep it in one thread.

Take a look at starfighter content. There have been many threads and there is a HUGE one, which gets daily bumbs - but what should I say, if the devs are not willing to develop something for those requests, then the devs are not willing to develop something for these requests - which is a shame

If the mods aren't closing threads for bumps, that's cool. I saw in the TOS not to bump and didn't want this thread closed because I REALLY want split screen. What I do to avoid bumping is post something that adds to the split screen conversation. Sorry if I offended anyone.
  • I certainly hope they can get split screen in IA, but if they can't, I hope they will do another mode with hero AI and split screen.
  • I certainly hope they can get split screen in IA, but if they can't, I hope they will do another mode with hero AI and split screen.

When the devs said they already reached nearly the max of the systems memory my hopes for split screen got kind of dashed but who knows.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Splitscreen instant action would be unplayable laggy. That’s the short answer.

The long answer is you wouldn’t enjoy it as much as you think you would. This game is built for visual fidelity. Like F8RGE said, they’ve maximized the hardware to get the most performance out of one screen. Split that into two, and it will literally be half as smooth.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Starmasui73146
    1487 posts Member
    edited November 2
    Like I said
    (1.) Zip file it

Please do not take this as an offense, but number 1 is just hilarious :D that is not how it works.
    How very kindly put. Yeah I don't understand all the mechanics of it. I'm no programmer or computer repair guy. I guess I misunderstood what the makers of Subnautica meant when they were talking about speeding up game play.
    Have the devs said what exactly the technical hurdles are?
    1. thermal throttling
    2. FPS
    3. lag
    4. playercount as a cause of this
    5. keeping the initial hardware requirements the same

I just looked up thermal throttling. Thermal throttling is when the CPU overheats, the motherboard sets its speed lower, so it can generate less heat and cool down.

Sooooo your saying that when the devs tried more A.I. it fried the X-Box One's and PS4's CPU? Yikes. So it would kill my X-Box? Yeah that's not good. So literal meltdown, got it.
    gl8nhaspzwt2.jpg

I didn't actually think that was literal, I thought it was an exaggeration.

Really? 😀 Cool! 🤔 Let's see that was...

Well, 2 and 3 are valid options as far as my knowledge goes, but the render-tasks are still massive. So "workarounds" could be to lower the frame rate as much as possible (which is most likely less of a workaround but an issue appearing) and second minimize the quality of the graphics. But since we are talking DICE here, they will not beat the graphics to the ground just to get one mode working...

Honestly, it is often "playing around" and "adjusting" all graphical settings and trying to enhance the way the hardware is used by the game as of now - I'm talking about to use as many cores as possible at the same time, so that the system is used more heavily, but it can achieve more. And this kind of trying to balance things out just takes a heck of an amount of time, especially since using all CPU cores at the same time for a long time is not the best idea, since your system, well, will melt :D So idk how they are going to handle it properly and how the devs are going to work it out, especially with Frostbite... That is why they are saying - it is difficult.

An absolutely outstanding explanation, thank you.
    It would take much dev time - especially with DICE focusing on higher end models, they most likely do not have proper "lower poly" versions of the models that have reduced verticies. If they change the quality settings only for one game mode, they still would have massive render tasks due to the verticies in the scene. Yes they can redue the assets, but then they are modifiying the map with a trial and error method and this - as suggested - takes time. So it is understandable, whatever they are doing, that they need time for it.

Wow, again just stunning in-site, thank you.
    Editing poly count would take a while. I meant change options in the render window. I will be patient for split screen but I do want it.

Well ok - then I probably misunderstood what you were referring to, my bad. Changing quality settings for a single scene could bring some improvements, but it would not do the trick IMO.
    It sounds like it requires lowering the poly count, let's hope the devs will do this. Would it be easier to make Co-op offline and split screen? I was wondering if the phases would help with this.

I would like that very much. Co-Op is a blast. To have it Offline period would be fun...even if it's me and 3 AI bun kickers. Though split screen would be the dream.

I certainly hope they can get split screen in IA, but if they can't, I hope they will do another mode with hero AI and split screen.

Yes, it seems that HvV, Hero Showdown and Duel modes should be easy enough to bring to us Offline, since they already have 8 AI heroes working great. 😎👍🏼

I just got to say this...I just had this silly daydream where this happened. So the devs did it? They succeeded in creating split screen and increasing A.I. player count.

I go to play "Instant Action" select split screen and try to max the bot count to 17 per side. The screen says, "Warning changing the bot count beyond 13 per team will radically alter the background, pixels and graphics, are you sure you wish to increase the player count?" I say yes. The game starts. I'm now listening to 1980 style Nintendo Star Wars low end music and the graphics are 8 bit pixel figurines. Lol...
    🤣😂🤣 That was a hilarious daydream. I'm still laughing.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Lonnisity wrote: »
    Splitscreen instant action would be unplayable laggy. That’s the short answer.

The long answer is you wouldn’t enjoy it as much as you think you would. This game is built for visual fidelity. Like F8RGE said, they’ve maximized the hardware to get the most performance out of one screen. Split that into two, and it will literally be half as smooth.

I would still enjoy it because playing local co-op is 10X better. Personally, I do not care about visual fidelity. If it looked like a PS2 game I would be happy as long as I could play it in split screen.

When the devs said they already reached nearly the max of the systems memory my hopes for split screen got kind of dashed but who knows.

A small mode with hero AI would be easier if IA don't work out. I also wonder if Co-op would be easier since it is linear. The game could load one control point at a time.
  • HvV in split screen would be awesome.