criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Should I watch the clone wars?

Prev1
I watched the first season a little while ago. I thought it was good and all, but I just never got into it really. Does it get a lot better as the seasons go on?

Replies

• It definitely gets better as you go through the seasons. Stick with it, you won’t regret it. While the topic of The Clone Wars Show is being discussed, does anyone know if Cad Bane will be a part of the new series?
  • Why not, it’s cool for backstory
  • CC_1010
    1751 posts Member
    It definitely gets better as you go through the seasons. Stick with it, you won’t regret it. While the topic of The Clone Wars Show is being discussed, does anyone know if Cad Bane will be a part of the new series?

I don’t thinks so. They didn’t finish all of the already made episodes.
    (Spoiler!!!!!!!!)

Spoiler!!!!

(Boba kills him in a western blaster duel)
  • lowell
    1273 posts Member
    I watched the first season a little while ago. I thought it was good and all, but I just never got into it really. Does it get a lot better as the seasons go on?

If you're getting Disney+, the movie and Seasons 1-6 are included at launch in advance of Season 7 coming.

Here's the chronological order to watch the show in:

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

Also, Rebels' complete run and Resistance Season 1 are also there at launch.

Considering TCW and Rebels contributed into Rogue One and Solo, the TV side of Star Wars will probably continue to play a larger role into the films in the future and vice versa.
  • lowell wrote: »

If you're getting Disney+, the movie and Seasons 1-6 are included at launch in advance of Season 7 coming.

Here's the chronological order to watch the show in:

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

Also, Rebels' complete run and Resistance Season 1 are also there at launch.

Considering TCW and Rebels contributed into Rogue One and Solo, the TV side of Star Wars will probably continue to play a larger role into the films in the future and vice versa.

Ahh. I have a very special unlimited access service hehe thank you though
  • SnakeMajin
    407 posts Member
    edited August 25
    I do invite you to watch it. Some Episodes are hard to watch but others bring so much to the Star Wars lore. The visuals in the last seasons are amazing.
    • S2 is a bit better than S1 with more focus on the Star Wars overall lore instead of the Clone Wars itself : Bounty hunters, Mandalorians, Boba Fett...
    • Most of the first part of S3 is crap. But after the small timeskip in mid-S3 it gets much much better.
    • S4 is the best IMO. The overall quality is high. That Umbarra arc is close to war mini-series.
    • S5 is mixed. Best episodes and arcs meet some of the worst. The final Arc has a better plot and I'd even say music than the overall saga.
    • S6 (Bonus season) has a lot of good stuff. With more depths to various storylines such as Sifo-Diyas or and Order 66. But it's very short.

What feels good with this series is how much you travel and explore the Star Wars universe. As opposed, Rebels had less budget and you see it.
  • budzai
    148 posts Member
    It gets better but not really good (The only good storyline when Yoda learns how to become a force ghost.). It has it moments though. It can be watched once if you have not better show to watch.
  • If you don't want to watch the whole series, there are episodes that are worthy watching if you are interested in specific themes.

A friend of mine mocked it for being a Cartoon. One day he was looking for stuff around Boba and found the episodes he's in. He gave it a try and loved it. Maybe just focus on the kind of thing you want to watch.
  • I’ll pay you to do it, it is the best Star Wars show to date and is better the all the current Disney Star Wars films except for rogue one
  • Landing at point rain is one of the best episodes ive seen in a show,
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member
    You should at least watch the Maul season.

I don't love the show, but that season was great.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I like the clone wars show so don't get me wrong on this, I think the best season is season 5, but honestly the whole CW show is kinda repetitive. Someone is either dying or gets assasainated if not that, then someone is betraying someone else, or there is a huge battle. I think the star wars rebels show is a little bit better than the clone wars show, I think its because the Ghost crew is like a family and there is those family like moments, there is sad, happy, and hard times, its also a lot funnier than the clone wars show, even my dad likes watching the rebels show and he is not that much in to star wars at least not enough to watch the shows, but he likes the rebels show.
  • Hell yeah, it's a great show. Though you might want to watch it in chronological order, instead of in the order it aired in. For whatever reason the episodes aired massively out of order, chronologically speaking. You can see the chronological order here:

• ZephanUnbound
    3010 posts Member
    edited August 25
    It definitely gets better as you go through the seasons. Stick with it, you won’t regret it. While the topic of The Clone Wars Show is being discussed, does anyone know if Cad Bane will be a part of the new series?

No Cad as far as we know. They decided not to finish all of the arcs that they had originally planned for this season a few years ago in this new revival, we are only getting 4 of the original 12 planned arcs, and as far as I know Cad Bane didn't appear in any of the 4 arcs they are finishing in this upcoming season in their original form.
    Cad Bane was going to be in a planned Bounty Hunter arc for season 7 originally, where Boba and him would have had a duel, with Boba killing Bane and Bane leaving the trademark dent in Boba's helmet, but that arc is not one of the 4 they are releasing in February.
  • Yes, I’d doesnt really get good until season 3 through imo.
  • You will probably have to watch the clone wars before you watch the rebels show, cause there is a lot of things in the CW show that are also in the rebels show.
  • It's great. Watch it for sure. It of great battles and content
  • I will check it out again I think. I just wish there was a series of something like the mandalorean that was made about the internal politics and war mongering of the empire right when it started. That's part of the entire star wars franchise has the biggest cash cow ever for Disney, if they just woke up to themselves and realized there is enough rebel and light side stuff out there now.

Imagine how awesome a live action tv series would be that focused on palpatine and his effort to continue to close his grip on the galaxy. Also having vader in it and him being dispatched frequently to take care of rebels or uprisings from within. And showing palpatine's path to abolishing the Senate, which obviously would of been difficult because it took him like 20 years to do it. Could have heaps of plot lines revolving around assassination attempts and other prominent political party members attempting to remove him from office. The empire is still the most interesting part of star wars in my opinion, and if done right, a tv series from it's point of view would do so well.
  • We need a live action, PT era based film. Something gritty.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    I've never seen any single episode, It's just fan service

Yeah but you pretty much like nothing except for gifs of Zoe Deshanel and that blonde wwe girl.
  • Axone
    408 posts Member
    Can't wait for Season 7. Something evil is coming...………...
  • Axone
    408 posts Member
    CC_1010 wrote: »
    Do it. You will not regret it. And if you do I will give you my level 196 Obi Wan.

It gets way better from season 3 up to 6.

My man!
  • Axone
    408 posts Member
    Also, Star War The Clone War is canon.
  • They completely changed the character of Anakin from his voice to the way he acts

dg27kpp5b5rv.gif

A man of culture
  • They completely changed the character of Anakin from his voice to the way he acts

Honestly don't know how you can like Anakin without watching the clone wars

dg27kpp5b5rv.gif

A man of culture

qxjh5q789d80.gif

Yeah but you pretty much like nothing except for gifs of Zoe Deshanel and that blonde wwe girl.

Don’t forget the OT. Anything CW or PT is evil
  • ZephanUnbound
    3010 posts Member
    edited August 25
    They completely changed the character of Anakin from his voice to the way he acts

Most people I know who have watched TCW say that it's an improvement over whiny Hayden Anakin. George Lucas basically got a do-over on Anakin's character in TCW; he saw the complaints about Anakin in episode 2 and 3, and fixed the things that people didn't like about Anakin.

He's still essentially the same character, but less whiny and creepy. He's still impulsive, he's still cocky, he's still a hopeless romantic, he still cares deeply about those who are close to him, he still has dark side tendencies that he struggles with.

Every fantasy or sci-fi or superhero movie/tv show should of followed the path that the christopher Nolan batman movies did. Very realistic and believable (within reason) and not so many lame and obvious jokes like the current marvel movies. Grit, or at the very least, realism is what's needed for a great movie/tv show. Probably why we haven't seen a truly great movie in over 10 years. Thanks marvel for poisoning everything.

Every fantasy or sci-fi or superhero movie/tv show should of followed the path that the christopher Nolan batman movies did. Very realistic and believable (within reason) and not so many lame and obvious jokes like the current marvel movies. Grit, or at the very least, realism is what's needed for a great movie/tv show. Probably why we haven't seen a truly great movie in over 10 years. Thanks marvel for poisoning everything.

I’m with you on this. Mind you, I am looking forward to the Joker origins film with Joaquin.
    PSN: BucksawBoushh
  • I think it would be cool if there was a Grievous show or movie. About grievous life before he was a separatists general, and also later when he is a general and a cyborg, and show his first training lesson with dooku, also show his first meeting and dual with obi-wan. The clone wars show didn't show their first meeting, grievous & obi-wan talk like they already know each other in the first season of the clone wars show, so I think a grievous show or movie would be great.

I’m with you on this. Mind you, I am looking forward to the Joker origins film with Joaquin.

I like a lot of his movies. I doubt they will be masterpieces though. Something about all of the movie business has gone to trash this decade. I think all the best people have gravitated towards tv shows now. It's like we're in a golden age of TV, and then there's the movie producers on the flip side that are just trying to do their best to stand on the shoulders of the 80s and 90s and remake or reboot everything that was once popular.

gbhhdbfvyr8p.gif
  • I think ahsoka is better and more mature in the SW rebels show.
  • DarthJ
    6655 posts Member
    We need a live action, PT era based film. Something gritty.

Agreed. Although I am a biased DC boy
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Despite usually being on the side arguing against Ahsoka in particular, I've watched the lot and its decent overall. Some good stuff in there. Some poor stuff in there. But overall decent.

For some reason I can't get away with the corny Yularen narrative at the start. Don't know why but it always irritates me. Think its his voice.

Also, I can back up my dislike for Ahsoka and can say its due to watching it,not beacuse of her being an animated character. Shes just so....bland. And annoying.

Yeah I don't like that voice over guy either. Makes it feel like some show from the 1950s or something for like a minute at the start and then it's back to space ships and the force haha just a weird choice to have that guy there. Also very unnecessary. We could all follow without him.

Well as long as you don't like their wannabe marvel movies like the Ben Affleck ones, then no problem haha Christopher Nolan should direct every movie ever made from now on and they will be ok in Hollywood.
  • DarthJ
    6655 posts Member
    DarthJ wrote: »

Well as long as you don't like their wannabe marvel movies like the Ben Affleck ones, then no problem haha Christopher Nolan should direct every movie ever made from now on and they will be ok in Hollywood.

Na it has fell lately but DC is still in a decent place. Comics are far superior for a start.

How come I got 2 lols for my post? Is there a Wulff Yularen fan club on here that I have offended?

Na it has fell lately but DC is still in a decent place. Comics are far superior for a start.

How come I got 2 lols for my post? Is there a Wulff Yularen fan club on here that I have offended?

DC could be great. Their CGI is absolutely horrible though, and they MUST stop using Zack Snyder as a director. He just never focuses enough on the story and it's always about the visuals for him. But they're always really unrealistic looking visuals! God I dunno how they get it so wrong haha I mean the dark knight trilogy literally gave them the blueprint on how to beat marvel, and they messed it up completely. Imagine a DCU of 30 movies of superman and wonder woman and aquaman that were very much like the Christain Bale Batman' s. They would of dominated marvel so easily. It would be the reverse of how it is now.
  • DarthJ
    6655 posts Member

DC could be great. Their CGI is absolutely horrible though, and they MUST stop using Zack Snyder as a director. He just never focuses enough on the story and it's always about the visuals for him. But they're always really unrealistic looking visuals! God I dunno how they get it so wrong haha I mean the dark knight trilogy literally gave them the blueprint on how to beat marvel, and they messed it up completely. Imagine a DCU of 30 movies of superman and wonder woman and aquaman that were very much like the Christain Bale Batman' s. They would of dominated marvel so easily. It would be the reverse of how it is now.

Very true!

Although some of Marvels CGI isnt amazing. But they get away with it coz its Marvel and theres a joke about 30 seconds after it
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member

Wulff is ....

I got nothing....
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• DarthJ
    6655 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Wulff is ....

I got nothing....

Ah, the president of the Wulff Yularen fam club has revealed himself

Very true!

Although some of Marvels CGI isnt amazing. But they get away with it coz its Marvel and theres a joke about 30 seconds after it

Yeah I think heaps of the CGI in marvel is bad. One thing in particular is that none of the explosions seems to affect the characters like they would in reality. Also everything is just so clean cut. It's almost as though you can see the caked makeup on their faces haha