criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Should I watch the clone wars?

2Next

Replies

• DarthJ wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »
    We need a live action, PT era based film. Something gritty.

Every fantasy or sci-fi or superhero movie/tv show should of followed the path that the christopher Nolan batman movies did. Very realistic and believable (within reason) and not so many lame and obvious jokes like the current marvel movies. Grit, or at the very least, realism is what's needed for a great movie/tv show. Probably why we haven't seen a truly great movie in over 10 years. Thanks marvel for poisoning everything.

Agreed. Although I am a biased DC boy

Well as long as you don't like their wannabe marvel movies like the Ben Affleck ones, then no problem haha Christopher Nolan should direct every movie ever made from now on and they will be ok in Hollywood.

Na it has fell lately but DC is still in a decent place. Comics are far superior for a start.

How come I got 2 lols for my post? Is there a Wulff Yularen fan club on here that I have offended?

DC could be great. Their CGI is absolutely horrible though, and they MUST stop using Zack Snyder as a director. He just never focuses enough on the story and it's always about the visuals for him. But they're always really unrealistic looking visuals! God I dunno how they get it so wrong haha I mean the dark knight trilogy literally gave them the blueprint on how to beat marvel, and they messed it up completely. Imagine a DCU of 30 movies of superman and wonder woman and aquaman that were very much like the Christain Bale Batman' s. They would of dominated marvel so easily. It would be the reverse of how it is now.

Very true!

Although some of Marvels CGI isnt amazing. But they get away with it coz its Marvel and theres a joke about 30 seconds after it

Its like marvel characters live in a high definition reality with extremely vibrant colors that look nothing like the real world. May as well slap an Instagram filter on every movie they make.
  • Depends, do you like Star Wars ?
    PSN: DarthLando-
  • DarthJ
    6666 posts Member
    We need a live action, PT era based film. Something gritty.

Every fantasy or sci-fi or superhero movie/tv show should of followed the path that the christopher Nolan batman movies did. Very realistic and believable (within reason) and not so many lame and obvious jokes like the current marvel movies. Grit, or at the very least, realism is what's needed for a great movie/tv show. Probably why we haven't seen a truly great movie in over 10 years. Thanks marvel for poisoning everything.

Agreed. Although I am a biased DC boy

Well as long as you don't like their wannabe marvel movies like the Ben Affleck ones, then no problem haha Christopher Nolan should direct every movie ever made from now on and they will be ok in Hollywood.

Na it has fell lately but DC is still in a decent place. Comics are far superior for a start.

How come I got 2 lols for my post? Is there a Wulff Yularen fan club on here that I have offended?

DC could be great. Their CGI is absolutely horrible though, and they MUST stop using Zack Snyder as a director. He just never focuses enough on the story and it's always about the visuals for him. But they're always really unrealistic looking visuals! God I dunno how they get it so wrong haha I mean the dark knight trilogy literally gave them the blueprint on how to beat marvel, and they messed it up completely. Imagine a DCU of 30 movies of superman and wonder woman and aquaman that were very much like the Christain Bale Batman' s. They would of dominated marvel so easily. It would be the reverse of how it is now.

Very true!

Although some of Marvels CGI isnt amazing. But they get away with it coz its Marvel and theres a joke about 30 seconds after it

Its like marvel characters live in a high definition reality with extremely vibrant colors that look nothing like the real world. May as well slap an Instagram filter on every movie they make.

Yup. Yet if DC did that...
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • I'd definitely suggest watching it when it comes to Disney +, currently there's no way to watch it unless you own them on disc - Disney + comes out in mid November so that's when you can start.
    th1t3mn151el.gif

"Never doubt what you have done, All your decisions brought you to that point."
    -Kreia / KOTOR 2

Euaaagh
    -Lego Yoda
  • I binged all seasons currently out before BFII was released as it was still on Netflix back then. Was interesting here and there but I wouldn't watch it again. Just seemed to drag on. So many unimportant and forgettable characters.

If I get Disney+ I'll watch S7 once as there'll most likely be BFII related to it.
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Absolutely, don't listen to haters. It is one of the best Star Wars materials to indulge yourself with.
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • you should really watch it the show gets better with each season and is easily better then some of the movies.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    This one yes
    0ngxkcx0xoy1.jpg

This one not really
    1fudtxj927sd.jpg

They’re both good imo. Shame the first one isn’t canon anymore.
  • Empire_TW wrote: »
    This one yes
    0ngxkcx0xoy1.jpg

This one not really
    1fudtxj927sd.jpg

They’re both good imo. Shame the first one isn’t canon anymore.

Actually disliked the first one compared. But it took me forever to realize most of the voicelines for the CW hero’s in the game came from that one 😆
  • I watched the first season a little while ago. I thought it was good and all, but I just never got into it really. Does it get a lot better as the seasons go on?

Just a few episodes, most of them just offend audience's intellect.
  • I watched the first season a little while ago. I thought it was good and all, but I just never got into it really. Does it get a lot better as the seasons go on?

Yes! I highly recommend it.
  • Chem0
    159 posts Member
    Empire_TW wrote: »
    This one yes
    0ngxkcx0xoy1.jpg

This one not really
    1fudtxj927sd.jpg
    Totally better to watch non canon version and not canon version.....
  • Alex64
    7653 posts Member
    off topic
    The kind mixed with the wicked, the will to fight until the end, I'm not your enemy or friend.
  • I'd definitely suggest watching it when it comes to Disney +, currently there's no way to watch it unless you own them on disc - Disney + comes out in mid November so that's when you can start.
    I binged all seasons currently out before BFII was released as it was still on Netflix back then. Was interesting here and there but I wouldn't watch it again. Just seemed to drag on. So many unimportant and forgettable characters.

If I get Disney+ I'll watch S7 once as there'll most likely be BFII related to it.

Don't you guys have the ..."other" way of watching things though? Haha
  • lowell
    1303 posts Member
    I'd definitely suggest watching it when it comes to Disney +, currently there's no way to watch it unless you own them on disc - Disney + comes out in mid November so that's when you can start.
    I binged all seasons currently out before BFII was released as it was still on Netflix back then. Was interesting here and there but I wouldn't watch it again. Just seemed to drag on. So many unimportant and forgettable characters.

It's cheaper than Netflix and once they roll out Hulu internationally (not sure on ESPN+), a bundle of the services will give you the bang for your buck.

The Disney library for both Disney+ and Hulu grew with the Fox deal so there's more to browse on both services.
  • lowell wrote: »
    I'd definitely suggest watching it when it comes to Disney +, currently there's no way to watch it unless you own them on disc - Disney + comes out in mid November so that's when you can start.

It's cheaper than Netflix and once they roll out Hulu internationally (not sure on ESPN+), a bundle of the services will give you the bang for your buck.

The Disney library for both Disney+ and Hulu grew with the Fox deal so there's more to browse on both services.

Hmm, yes I meant the other "other" service haha
  • lowell
    1303 posts Member
    edited August 26
    lowell wrote: »

Hmm, yes I meant the other "other" service haha

Yeah, I know what you mean. Maybe, it might be worth your while if you shared the subscription with others since Disney+ is meant to be a family-oriented service (at least 4 people could use the service at the same time), which is an inverse of Hulu, who is more like Netflix in a way, general entertainment-oriented.
  • Watch the Meebur Gascon episodes and none of the others
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • Alex64 wrote: »
    off topic

She is apart of the rebel alliance and a traitor!! Take her away!
  • Depends if you want Disney+ subscription with a three year contract.
    pija5nbcgaah.jpg
    "This is a mission of peace. I put my faith in diplomacy. We can't solve all of our problems by throwing troops at them."
    -Padmé Amidala
  • We need a live action, PT era based film. Something gritty.

I’m with you on this. Mind you, I am looking forward to the Joker origins film with Joaquin.

I've seen Joker teaser probably more than 100 times. Can't wait.
    Hopefully it will be as good as it looks like.
  • Spiito
    1906 posts Member
    Duchess Satine doesn't show up until season 2. Savage Oppress doesn't show up until season 3-ish. Saw Gerrera doesn't show up until season 5 or something. So yes, it get's better.

(Depending on how you perceive ""better."" It goes without saying everything's subjective.)

^Those specific characters tie into what I'd consider interesting story arcs. (I don't particularly like Saw's personality. But the arc that he's tied to interests me, it spans across the 'toons & movies.)

There's lots of filler episodes throughout the show, but I guess different people enjoy different things about Star Wars. What's filler for some may be considered lore/character expanding for others.

If you don't care about watching R-2 and C3P0 get stranded on different planets, going around, and underground, to resolve primal alien species issues; 'SKIP' always exists.
    Wknuto!
  • They completely changed the character of Anakin from his voice to the way he acts

Honestly don't know how you can like Anakin without watching the clone wars

Easily
  • They completely changed the character of Anakin from his voice to the way he acts

Most people I know who have watched TCW say that it's an improvement over whiny Hayden Anakin. George Lucas basically got a do-over on Anakin's character in TCW; he saw the complaints about Anakin in episode 2 and 3, and fixed the things that people didn't like about Anakin.

He's still essentially the same character, but less whiny and creepy. He's still impulsive, he's still cocky, he's still a hopeless romantic, he still cares deeply about those who are close to him, he still has dark side tendencies that he struggles with.

George fed into the hate from Star Wars “fans” and change the character completely, doesn’t mean he made the right decision. Now it completely throws off the character as it’s shoved in between ep2 and 3