criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Negative battlepoints for blocking teammates shots

I'm sure it's been said before, but players should really lose battlepoints when they get in the way of one of their teammates hitting an opponent. It should be proportional to how much damage they blocked from occuring. Everybody gets in the way of everybody else, and this would encourage people to be more conscious of it.

Replies

• hantorso wrote: »
    I'm sure it's been said before, but players should really lose battlepoints when they get in the way of one of their teammates hitting an opponent. It should be proportional to how much damage they blocked from occuring. Everybody gets in the way of everybody else, and this would encourage people to be more conscious of it.

It’s annoying when I try shooting someone with the exploding shot and team mates get in the way and I end up doing damage to myself.
  • Cyro
    323 posts Member
    yeah. happens. sucks. but you cant do anything to prevent it since you cannot see behind yourself! call it bad luck
  • ULTIMATEMurloc
    24 posts Member
    edited August 26
    Yeah, I agree it does suck. Also, I would avoid going down the road of punishing players in these kinds of scenarios.
  • Cyro
    323 posts Member
    edited August 29
    you should think this to the end... suddenly [removed] provoke getting hit by your fire to cost you points....sucks even more, huh?

Let's leave it out with the insults ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • hantorso
    8 posts Member
    edited August 29
    Cyro wrote: »
    you should think this to the end... suddenly provoke getting hit by your fire to cost you points....sucks even more, huh?

It'd be as annoying as losing points by having your shots blocked by a teammate, but it would have the positive effect of encouraging people to become better team players by staying out their teammates way. It would need a very careful implementation, since it can be hard to say what shots that were blocked by a teammate would have hit or damaged an opponent, and when it is questionable I wouldn't enforce a penalty.

Edited quote to reflect change. ~Rtas
  • Cyro wrote: »
    yeah. happens. sucks. but you cant do anything to prevent it since you cannot see behind yourself! call it bad luck

A lot of the time you can. When someone uses the sentry gun, there are people who get out of the way, and people who just stand in front whether they are shooting or not. The penalty points shouldn't be too high for getting hit once in a while.
  • ULTIMATEMurloc
    24 posts Member
    edited August 28
    I feel I wouldn't want the punishment of battle point reduction toward teammates because they allow for the selection of heroes and the other special class soldiers that can help my team during the match. You may end up hurting your own team because you shot someone in the back and reduced their battle points.

Or you could just turn friendly fire ON. I've attempt to throw a grenade only to have a teammate get in front of me and block it. It results in me having to quickly get out of the way while the teammate has no idea and takes no damage.
  • Cyro
    323 posts Member
    edited August 29
    this would end up in people trolling other players by constantly shooting them in the back to cost them battlepoints....

you didnt really think this all the way through, did you?

Let's leave out the insults please. ~Rtas
  • ULTIMATEMurloc
    24 posts Member
    edited August 28
    @Cyro are you addressing @hantorso's suggestion? That is what this battle point reduction is doing isn't it? Or at least from my understanding.
    - Because player 1 shot player 2 in the back while shooting at an enemy or in the direction of an enemy, player 2 loses battle points.
    Or another way of saying it.
    - Because player 2 moved into the line of fire of player 1, player 2 loses battle points.

The trolling comes with the territory.

Like I've pointed out above, I'm in favor of no battle point reduction.
    Post edited by ULTIMATEMurloc on
    this would end up in people trolling other players by constantly shooting them in the back to cost them battlepoints....

No, if you think well about it, it'd be too difficult to shoot a teammate in the back on purpose in such a way that your shot would hit an enemy if not for the teammate. It would be much easier to troll people with the way it is now by standing in the way of their shots, which my change would prevent.
  • Cyro
    323 posts Member
    hantorso wrote: »

No, if you think well about it, it'd be too difficult to shoot a teammate in the back on purpose in such a way that your shot would hit an enemy if not for the teammate. It would be much easier to troll people with the way it is now by standing in the way of their shots, which my change would prevent.

you have no idea how much effort this would take in programming and how much this would slow down the netcode. it would damage the performance and cause more bugs. just watch your fire, christ...

you have no idea how much effort this would take in programming...

Hey Cyro, that is why all of theses posts are in the Feedback & Suggestions section. These are suggestions and nothing more. Please calm down before posting.
  • Or you could just turn friendly fire ON. I've attempt to throw a grenade only to have a teammate get in front of me and block it. It results in me having to quickly get out of the way while the teammate has no idea and takes no damage.

Friendly fire is the better option here. Deduction of battle points I think is extreme and hurts the team overall and the way it was suggested opens the door for massive trolling. Instead, increase the respawn timer for someone shooting teammates as in for example add 5 secs to respawn for every 100 pts of damage done to teammates. 2-3 friendly kills and you are booted from the match
  • or: just watch your fire...... this came is so close quaters that it is impossible to prevent friendly fire.
  • Lionbite
    298 posts Member
    edited September 6

Simply add friendly fire On, once they will get bored of teamkilling and getting killed because of their teamkill score as a punishment they will learn to use their troopers more carefully... for both the ones that get in the line of fire of teammates and for those who shoot at teammates...

All it needs is a decent player behaviour on the battlefront crouch when in front of teammates, don't rise in front of them, don't cross sights, COMMUNICATE, stop strafing for the sake of strafing believing it makes you a king of dodging...

you have no idea how much effort this would take in programming and how much this would slow down the netcode. it would damage the performance and cause more bugs. just watch your fire, christ...

Why would I know what amount of programming it would take? Obviously if it took to much of a hit on performance it wouldn't be worth it. If you're going to get embarrassed, and bent out of shape every time someone points out that your arguments are mistaken, you should just stop making new ones, or at least take the time to make one that can't immediately be dismissed. That's what three times now you've tried to find something wrong with my suggestion, and each one is more inane than the last.
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member
    The burden should be on the shooter to not shoot team mates.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    The burden should be on the shooter to not shoot team mates.

The burden on the shooter wouldn't be affected. Their shots still wouldn't damage the enemies, or award them points.
  • Or you could just turn friendly fire ON. I've attempt to throw a grenade only to have a teammate get in front of me and block it. It results in me having to quickly get out of the way while the teammate has no idea and takes no damage.

Friendly fire is the better option here. Deduction of battle points I think is extreme and hurts the team overall and the way it was suggested opens the door for massive trolling. Instead, increase the respawn timer for someone shooting teammates as in for example add 5 secs to respawn for every 100 pts of damage done to teammates. 2-3 friendly kills and you are booted from the match

I wasn't aware there was a friendly fire option for Galactic Assault or Heroes vs Villains, which is all I really play. Is that for PC games? I play on an Xbox.

Anyway, it seems like that would make trolling ridiculously easy compared to my suggestion where trolling would be almost impossible.