criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

DICE should port over the 2015 maps to Battlefront II

Prev1
slarlac249
190 posts Member
edited August 26
come on people, can we get this to happen? make Battlefront II Great (can't really say again as it started out not great)
this has been discussed countless times by lots of players, isn't it time it was actually done for real?

let me start the ball rolling....

maybe something like;

Death Star space maps for captial supremacy and start fighter assault and arcade starfighter assault

scarif beach for galactic assault, blast and arcade team battle

scarif shield gate for capatial supremacy, starfighter assault and arcade starfighter assault

etc...

let's make it happen folks!

instead of one new map every few months, why not like 3-4? like DICE used to do with battlefield.
creator of the All-In-One Modular @ Nexusmods
"for a less annoying immersive experience, dl it today!"

Replies

• Sure. We should get all of them in there. Preferably to CS.
  • They just have better map design with areas that don’t allow for funnel tunnel nonsense
  • Yes, I want the heros and rouge one content. And the hero game mode where there is one hero and a bunch of hunters and the person who killed the hero would be the next hero. What was that game mode called again?
  • This is actually a good idea. And it could help buy them some more time until we get hungry for more stuff again
  • I would be sooooo grateful for the 2015 maps. I also loved the Freight - mode and the one with the droids...
  • It would be such a big load of new content in one punch. The maps are already made ... if they would be easily compatible this would be gorgeous ^^

BF1 is pretty old already. There is no shame on dropping it slowly and shipping the content over to BF2.
  • d0kRX
    1462 posts Member
    I didn't read any of the other posts here, but my first reaction is, "do you know how long that would take the devs to do? They have to recreate and re-make every one of those maps. They don't get 'ported' per say."
    PSN: d0kRX
  • slarlac249 wrote: »
    come on people, can we get this to happen? make Battlefront II Great (can't really say again as it started out not great)
    this has been discussed countless times by lots of players, isn't it time it was actually done for real?

maybe something like;

Death Star space maps for captial supremacy and start fighter assault and arcade starfighter assault

scarif shield gate for capatial supremacy, starfighter assault and arcade starfighter assault

etc...

instead of one new map every few months, why not like 3-4? like DICE used to do with battlefield.

It has been asked before...and yet here we are still waiting.
  • SQJACKIE
    1019 posts Member
    slarlac249 wrote: »

maybe something like;

etc...

I believe someone from DICE said that this is not an easy thing to do, when they added Jaba's Palace from BF15 to BF17 HvV they had to adapt all the lighting effects to the new Frostbite 3 version, and that was a little map so Walker Assault maps would be hard af to add to the game
  • Shran
    71 posts Member
    SQJACKIE wrote: »
    I believe someone from DICE said that this is not an easy thing to do, when they added Jaba's Palace from BF15 to BF17 HvV they had to adapt all the lighting effects to the new Frostbite 3 version, and that was a little map so Walker Assault maps would be hard af to add to the game

So would it be easier to create OT maps from scratch? I doubt.

• d0kRX wrote: »
    I didn't read any of the other posts here, but my first reaction is, "do you know how long that would take the devs to do? They have to recreate and re-make every one of those maps. They don't get 'ported' per say."

aww shucks....bugger...aww well.

dream shattered........
  • They could turn walker assault maps into CS maps. Turn Survival maps into blast maps and add Starfighter Assault maps
  • Shran
    71 posts Member
    They could turn walker assault maps into CS maps. Turn Survival maps into blast maps and add Starfighter Assault maps

Sounds good. The maps of BF1 would be a great Christmas Gift for the End of the saga.
  • d0kRX wrote: »

well the assets and code are still there so they just have to rebuild the maps but they don't have to make it from scratch and it would be great to get a bunch of og trilogy stuff at once.
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »

maybe something like;

etc...

Actually they already ported (and modified) a WA map to BF2, which is "Survivors of Endor" and is now called "Ewok Village". It's the Ewok Hunt map and since it didn't came to other game modes and the devs said that's unlikely to happen, it's a complete waste of time and ressources in my opinion (the more, when you think about the fact, that Ewok Hunt was a time limited mode at the beginning).

maybe something like;

etc...

Actually they already ported (and modified) a WA map to BF2, which is "Survivors of Endor" and is now called "Ewok Village". It's the Ewok Hunt map and since it didn't came to other game modes and the devs said that's unlikely to happen, it's a complete waste of time and ressources in my opinion (the more, when you think about the fact, that Ewok Hunt was a time limited mode at the beginning).

I don't think it's a waste of time or resources, Ewok Hunt was temporary but now is dead. GA and CS are truly alive and could be worth
  • Shran
    71 posts Member
    edited August 29
    Pics say more than words:

32866d47ewnr.jpg

maybe something like;

etc...

I don't think it's a waste of time or resources, Ewok Hunt was temporary but now is dead. GA and CS are truly alive and could be worth

No, i meant, it's a waste of time and ressources that this map is just available in one single game mode and that it was ported over to a game mode, that originally was about to be removed after a couple of weeks. It would be a completely different thing (and of course nothing would be wasted), if that map would be available in HvV, Blast, Strike, Arcade and perhaps even in GA or CS. And if it would make things easier, i'm in favor to port 2015 maps to the game instead of creating similar maps from the scratch...

maybe something like;

etc...

No, i meant, it's a waste of time and ressources that this map is just available in one single game mode and that it was ported over to a game mode, that originally was about to be removed after a couple of weeks. It would be a completely different thing (and of course nothing would be wasted), if that map would be available in HvV, Blast, Strike, Arcade and perhaps even in GA or CS. And if it would make things easier, i'm in favor to port 2015 maps to the game instead of creating similar maps from the scratch...

I agree 100% !!!
  • Scarif needs to come back. Along with the Weapons & Heroes from Battlefront 2015.
  • TiNie
    300 posts Member
    If this is easy to realize, I would be for this port. If it cause more bugs and is complicated i would not like to see this port in SWBF2.
    Thx
  • Shran
    71 posts Member
    Some more pics of 2015th game:

6k2h9mu3ftgf.jpg
    nzr4tns1sg6b.jpg
    fwxk05ex89gn.jpg
    ilugnltg5co4.jpg
    swoqt9n4vdgi.jpg
  • Shran wrote: »
    Some more pics of 2015th game:

6k2h9mu3ftgf.jpg
    nzr4tns1sg6b.jpg
    fwxk05ex89gn.jpg
    ilugnltg5co4.jpg
    swoqt9n4vdgi.jpg

Look at the beauty of dune sea map and the Sullust map, these need to be ported
  • I could be satisfied getting Scarif on this game, but who would say no to those beautiful Tatooine wastelands, or the gorgeous Sullust map?

Not mentioning Hoth maps, which were breathtaking.

Seriously Dice, it would be awesome, and would make this game much better than what it already is right now.
  • SQJACKIE
    1019 posts Member
    BF15 maps were so well done that they even look better than the ugly BF17 maps
  • Shran
    71 posts Member
    edited August 30
    #Hoth, but remember: There were different Hoth-maps, also with ice -caves and late in the evening in a snow-storm as well!

xz85sn5hmk9v.jpg
    v0obm03ftw4b.jpg
    tlxuqn9kfbsz.jpg
    d9x70580ppc8.jpg
    2of0cewvumc2.jpg
    omnefz0h0xhg.jpg

• Shran
    71 posts Member
    Well, at last we hope...
    Well, at last we hope...

Rebellions are built on hope
  • Shran
    71 posts Member
    edited August 31
    If EA will react, that would be...a new hope! 😀
  • Some more Hoth 2015. I love it! Also in the Flight mode there were interesting maps in the atmosphere of the planets...😍

704l1b04rzon.jpg
    adlsvo4msykl.jpg
    oxegpxmxr3lo.jpg
    idv9x0antti2.jpg
    Some more Hoth 2015. I love it! Also in the Flight mode there were interesting maps in the atmosphere of the planets...😍

704l1b04rzon.jpg
    adlsvo4msykl.jpg
    oxegpxmxr3lo.jpg
    idv9x0antti2.jpg

I miss the twilight on Hoth map the most
  • Shran
    71 posts Member
    edited August 31
    It is the same map, but without twilight, I assume. I love all the maps of 2015.
  • StarWarsFanBoy18
    419 posts Member
    edited August 31
    Shran wrote: »
    It is the same map, but without twilight, I assume. I love all the maps of 2015.

The thing is though a massive BF2015 port would make 9 different forum groups happy:

1. People who want OT
    2. People who want Rogue One content
    3. People who want cargo
    4. People who want new weapons
    5. People who want SA maps
    6. People who want more heroes
    7. People who want offline content
    8. People who want cargo
    9. People who want new maps
  • SQJACKIE
    1019 posts Member
    #Hoth, but remember: There were different Hoth-maps, also with ice -caves and late in the evening in a snow-storm as well!

xz85sn5hmk9v.jpg
    v0obm03ftw4b.jpg
    tlxuqn9kfbsz.jpg
    d9x70580ppc8.jpg
    2of0cewvumc2.jpg
    omnefz0h0xhg.jpg

Hoth Sunset was the worst map in the game 🤢
  • I also think some of old modes.........like walker assault
  • Bbbenzal wrote: »
    I also think some of old modes.........like walker assault

Or maybe they could add taking down walkers as a side objective in the new instant action
  • TiNie
    300 posts Member

The thing is though a massive BF2015 port would make 9 different forum groups happy:

1. People who want OT
    2. People who want Rogue One content
    3. People who want cargo
    4. People who want new weapons
    5. People who want SA maps
    6. People who want more heroes
    7. People who want offline content
    8. People who want cargo
    9. People who want new maps

Are group 3. and 8. different groups?
    Sorry to say that, but how would be a port of epic characters be easy to port? The same question with weapons.
    I think maps will be easiert to port but the other?
  • yisc6tfx8z0l.jpg
    behhh4iwffd8.jpg
  • Last, but not least...0wt93daywftb.jpg
    85hacacavrwv.jpg
    su383sdbhqvh.jpg
    l2bojnxbtafj.jpg
    4xkua6ei2a44.jpg
  • StarWarsFanBoy18
    419 posts Member
    edited September 2
    Last, but not least...0wt93daywftb.jpg
    85hacacavrwv.jpg
    su383sdbhqvh.jpg
    l2bojnxbtafj.jpg
    4xkua6ei2a44.jpg

I think the Hoth map with the ice caves would be great for a wampa hunt map. They could set it at night during a blizzard.

Really disappointed that 'hunt' only has one mode. :(

• I think the Hoth map with the ice caves would be great for a wampa hunt map. They could set it at night during a blizzard.

Really disappointed that 'hunt' only has one mode. :(

The dawn stormy hothmap of 2015 for wampa hunt? Wowwwww!

• I agree, except that they can't just import the old maps; they're using a new engine format and they'd have to start over. I don't think they can even use the 3D assets and textures from the old maps.

With all that work, it'd be better to suggest new maps they haven't done before, or haven't done since the 2005 game.
  • Shran
    71 posts Member
    edited September 5
    MrFriendly wrote: »
    I agree, except that they can't just import the old maps; they're using a new engine format and they'd have to start over. I don't think they can even use the 3D assets and textures from the old maps.

With all that work, it'd be better to suggest new maps they haven't done before, or haven't done since the 2005 game.

Hmmm. They have ported over the Jabba - map, so it seems possible!?
  • I play to both games, Battlefront 2015 & Battlefront 2. For the moment the only solution.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • slarlac249
    190 posts Member
    edited September 7
    getting bored of going online and having to play the same old maps again again with no choice on which maps to play...

we

need

more

maps
  • Shran
    71 posts Member
    edited September 8
    getting bored of going online and having to play the same old maps again again with no choice on which maps to play...

we

need

more

maps

This is what I say! Especially for the OT.
  • Many yes to that content...