criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Triple XP Event

Community Transmission: Roger Roger Update & Release Notes

Replies

• Please, immune Obi-Wan's DEFENSIVE RUSH !

THIS. Win should go to the FIRST Force power, not the second. If I activate mine first, my enemies' should not interrupt mine. This is especially problematic with villains, who have way too many immobilization powers!

Yeah I'm getting really tired of getting my moves cancelled by a Maul or Obi-Wan who trigger their choke/push after I've started my move.
    ZI7BNkU.gif
    ^Maximum the Hormone - Alien^
    (Sorta like an insane Japanese SOAD, but w/ 3 vocalists and slap bass)

Gamertag: Billkwando PSN: Billkwando YouTube: Billkwando
    Find me in HvV, pushing people off of stuff and watching them fall, like a cat.
  • The CC immunity with Grievous claw rush no where near makes up for what you did to his and Bossk's jump. Terrible... Just terrible. Not playing them anymore I guess.
  • BTL-A4_Ace wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm not happy about this change. Having the character stop speaking when the emote is cancelled added a sense of realism - as if the situation suddenly changed and the character now has to focus on combat, etc.

Noooo, it adds a sense that the characters can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Which they could also do before the emo wheel broke it, ostensibly to force us to use the voice line wheel if we didn't want to be forced to stand stock still every time we wanted our character to say something.
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• Great update! thank you DICE for making SWBFII awesome every time! =) I hope we'll get soon new heroes and more planets but overall just wanted to say thank you for making this game so fun! I play it a lot and enjoy it! =)
  • For the first time ever it can't find any Capital Supremacy matches :(
    You'd think there would be enough folk playing!
    Just searches and then comes up with error code 1066
  • Sounds like this update did more bad than good 😆😆😆😆 shocker
  • Billkwando
    2018 posts Member
    edited August 28
    The CC immunity with Grievous claw rush no where near makes up for what you did to his and Bossk's jump. Terrible... Just terrible. Not playing them anymore I guess.

What did they do? I assumed they improved them, so it wouldn't be as tricky to jump on the Falcon as Greebs, for example. Did they go the opposite way and give them a poop jump? I could see it for Boosk, but not for General Robo Legs.

DarthCapa2 wrote: »
    Fixed an issue where a lightsaber attack on a blocking Lightsaber Hero would occasionally not trigger VFX and SFX

What this mean?

There was a bug where you could be wailing on somebody who was moving / dodging around, but didn't appear to be blocking, yet it did no damage. Happened with Dooku a lot. Apparently they were actually blocking, but it wasn't showing the animation or making any striking sounds, so to the attacker it felt like they were covered in butter and your saber was just sliding off of them.
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• anyone else having trouble connecting to the game now? downloaded the update on my Xbox One and now I cannot play the game.... okay and now after a full cancel shutdown and reboot Xbox won't even acknowledge I own the game. What's the deal?
  • F8RGE wrote: »

[*] Fixed an issue where lightsaber Heroes could lose their blocking stance when falling from small heights.
    [*] Fixed an issue where a lightsaber Hero would be unable to block when being shot from above by an enemy with a Blaster.

These are the greatest and MOST underrated changes in the whole update!! Get hyped!!

Agreed...

Hopefully this stops the annoying jumping tactic with blaster heroes like Solo and Lando, jumping about to gain a glitch advantage 🙄
  • Cyridixx wrote: »
    anyone else having trouble connecting to the game now? downloaded the update on my Xbox One and now I cannot play the game.... okay and now after a full cancel shutdown and reboot Xbox won't even acknowledge I own the game. What's the deal?

Not sure about the not acknowledging you own it but I can’t even sync data. I THINK it’s a Xbox live issue as someone pointed it out to me
  • Sam3S
    32 posts Member
    edited September 26
    Grievous jump should be charged, so that if you charge it to the max it triggers by itself and jumps the highest, if not, you release the button and he jumps according to how long you pressed before reaching the max. As of right now he feels very strange.
    Post edited by Sam3S on
  • Community Request: Jump gravity and speed has been improved for Bossk, General Grievous, and the BX Commando Droid.

Really I've played with bossk since this update and he seems slower than before and the jump is not so long , it's very hard to dodge a lightsaber attack now. I prefer him as he was before this update ...
  • Dooku is still a broken mess..
    Lunge distance is still too less..
    Saber hits dont register most of the time...
  • What we need is at least 1 OT CS map. Hoth please!
  • Great update Dice, thanks! but... :)

I was so pleased to see "smaller objective icons"... and it was cool on my first CS play... and then I realized some maps, and locations are worst than before: Especially Geonosis when you're on C and second phase on ship:

39ej86btcvix.jpg

When you look at the objective, the icon hides at lot ... so as player icons, names. I already created a topic about that, I think the screenshot speaks for itself. Please give us more HUD customization and/or a lighter HUD.

I complain like a lot of people, but realize the amount of work, so thanks anyway :)
  • Groge511 wrote: »
    For the first time ever it can't find any Capital Supremacy matches :(
    You'd think there would be enough folk playing!
    Just searches and then comes up with error code 1066

same
  • jonci
    1232 posts Member
    The amount of people that quit because of the massive lag was unbelievable in HVV, animations sluggish, bosk jump was terrible and not high for some people.

I like the idea of new stuff but whats the point if it doesn't play well?
    How a bout a round of lets fix it before any new content please.
  • Lukes repulse better work now...I had games using epicenter, I do a repulse literally right next to an unbuffed stormtrooper and no damage at all
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • Totally screwed up HvV. Block is still not working consistently and almost seems worse. Stamina is draining way too fast and please give us the option to turn off the Droid commentary!
  • holstar1993
    1414 posts Member
    edited August 29
    The training bundle is the same price as one skin with Crystals on ps4. It should be 1000 and is 500. Get it while you can.
  • Starmasui73146
    1495 posts Member
    edited August 29
    Devaizter wrote: »
    Great update! thank you DICE for making SWBFII awesome every time! =) I hope we'll get soon new heroes and more planets but overall just wanted to say thank you for making this game so fun! I play it a lot and enjoy it! =)

Phase 2 and 3 of "Capital Supremacy" on the ship is now exactly like "Galactic Assault" Crait phase 2 and 3, you take a zone within a circle on the map then destroy objects further in. It took a little getting used to but it seems cool. But will the ship phase changes be popular with the grand majority?

Thanks DICE for the new spawn system. 👍🏼 Keep up the amazing work.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • NoseRelc wrote: »
    i don't understand, darth maul's furious throw won't do more damage on return? I thought the 150 dmg in the launch and return of the saber very little, now will be only 85 without damage when returning?

I tested this in arcade this morning and it still dealt damage on the way back, which meant 170 total damage. So not sure this bullet point, unless it's different for online multiplayer (which is a whole other issue)
  • Skyguy501
    19 posts Member
    edited August 29
    Bossk needs to jump a little higher. Either the way he was before or give at least half that. This new one is very disappointing! It does not look right, it does not feel right. It’s ridiculous.
  • What are the costs of the droid skins?

It’s 300 Crystals for the bundles and, like, 2,000 or so in credits.
  • The changes to CS ship phase are horrible.
    The door overrides were fine as they were, because the team was forced to protect one player, resulting in TEAMPLAY.
    Two objective areas were fine as they were, because you could play a bit more TACTICAL.

Now you have reduced the map size, still calling it content, and put up a direction sign for all those poor souls getting confused and lost in the interiors of a ship.
    Nice job devs, you listened to the wrong people instead of putting some trust in your own initial gameplay concept.
  • jonci
    1232 posts Member
    Stamina dropping rapidly now getting waile on and caant do anyting, Vader especialy, i think i got killed by a takadanna chicken that pecked me when i was low.
    Lots of bugs needs some real work to sort them out. Or just reset to pre update until its sorted and do some QA testing.
  • Starmasui73146
    1495 posts Member
    edited August 29
    Pros: Well a second day and a second round of "Capital Supremacy' and I think that the new spawn system is an A+...

Cons: However, I played tonight with 16 friends in a big group and they all hated the ship phase changes. They all wanted the ship to go back to how it was before. They want to stand in front of the terminal holding the button down and then the same thing by the generator. They thought that the new way was much to hard as the Clones to destroy the ship.

I have mixed emotions about it...but I will admit that once they hunker down it is near impossible to get there. We Clones did I think like 10% damage, my team had to go back down twice. Literally ALL of them quit and went to bed. They hated the ship changes. I think it reminds me a lot of phase 2 and 3 on Crait in "Galactic Assault", but they loathed it.

If you want my honest opinion, I think the mode was much more fun in the ship phase as it was. Ignore the cruel comments on this thread though. You meant well DICE, those being honest know that. But please just change that part back, thank you. It was an interesting experiment it just didn't pan out that's all.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Pros: Well a second day and a second round of "Capital Supremacy' and I think that the new spawn system is an A+...

Cons: However, I played tonight with 16 friends in a big group and they all hated the ship phase changes. They all wanted the ship to go back to how it was before. They want to stand in front of the terminal holding the button down and then the same thing by the generator. They thought that the new way was much to hard as the Clones to destroy the ship.

I have mixed emotions about it...but I will admit that once they hunker down it is near impossible to get there. We Clones did I think like 10% damage, my team had to go back down twice. Literally ALL of them quit and went to bed. They hated the ship changes. I think it reminds me a lot of phase 2 and 3 on Crait in "Galactic Assault", but they loathed it.

If you want my honest opinion, I think the mode was much more fun in the ship phase as it was. Ignore the cruel comments on this thread though. You meant well DICE, those being honest know that. But please just change that part back, thank you. It was a interesting experiment it just didn't pan out that's all.

I am yet to download the update and play but I would be interested in the thoughts of players playing alone. If a group of 16 didn't like it that's music to my ears tbh. Anything that stops huge premades can only be a good thing.
    Plus I don't think your experience will be the total feelings of everyone. Let's see what everyone thinks first.
  • Starmasui73146
    1495 posts Member
    edited August 29
    Pros: Well a second day and a second round of "Capital Supremacy' and I think that the new spawn system is an A+...

If you want my honest opinion, I think the mode was much more fun in the ship phase as it was. Ignore the cruel comments on this thread though. You meant well DICE, those being honest know that. But please just change that part back, thank you. It was a interesting experiment it just didn't pan out that's all.

I am yet to download the update and play but I would be interested in the thoughts of players playing alone. If a group of 16 didn't like it that's music to my ears tbh. Anything that stops huge premades can only be a good thing.
    Plus I don't think your experience will be the total feelings of everyone. Let's see what everyone thinks first.

Okay so here's the thing, to get to the generators we had only 2 access routes. We got there at the start and managed to do like 7% damage. Then destroyers arrived, we died and they hunkered down next to the generator. The hallway down bellow leading there had two Droid Commandos and Darth Maul defending it. The hallway above had 4 Destroyer Droids and a crud load of Droids. There was so much fire coming down that hallway we stood zero chance. It was a slaughter house.
    Only I managed to break through in the lower hall as a Jump Trooper. I caused 5% more damage and died. That's 10% total (our 5 minutes were up). We went back down to planet Kashyyyk. The next round we won on the ground again. We went back up and inflict 40% more damage for a total of 50%. But had the same problem, once the Destroyers arrived, we died and they hunkered down and we could NOT brake through, and we ran out of time AGAIN. The next round they won and they destroyed our ship in the ship phase as well. We lost. Rinse and repeat.

It was just easier when we didn't have to all turn our backs to our enemy to destroy the engine. Before only 1 needed to press the button and he could look towards the arriving enemy while we defend him or her. Now... to destroy the engine, we ALL needed to look away exposing ourselves to attack from behind and the side. So I understand all my friends frustration.

“There is always hope.”
  • Pros: Well a second day and a second round of "Capital Supremacy' and I think that the new spawn system is an A+...

Okay so here's the thing, to get to the generators we had only 2 access routes. We got there at the start and managed to do like 7% damage. Then destroyers arrived, we died and they hunkered down next to the generator. The hallway down bellow leading there had two Droid Commandos and Darth Maul defending it. The hallway above had 4 Destroyer Droids and a crud load of Droids. There was so much fire coming down that hallway we stood zero chance. It was a slaughter house.
    Only I managed to break through in the lower hall as a Jump Trooper. I caused 5% more damage and died. That's 10% total (our 5 minutes were up). We went back down to planet Kashyyyk. The next round we won on the ground again. We went back up and inflict 40% more damage for a total of 50%. But had the same problem, once the Destroyers arrived, we died and they hunkered down and we could NOT brake through, and we ran out of time AGAIN. The next round they won and they destroyed our ship in the ship phase as well. We lost. Rinse and repeat.

It was just easier when we didn't have to all turn our backs to our enemy to destroy the engine. Before only 1 needed to press the button and he could look towards the arriving enemy while we defend him or her. Now... to destroy the engine, we ALL needed to look away exposing ourselves to attack from behind and the side. So I understand all my friends frustration.

Ok thanks for the detail. Interesting.

What I am seeing across all platforms, and I have just posted on twitter, is that this update is shaping up as the worst received of the games history so far.
    This is also interesting.

Hoping it's all better when the new game modes drop as they look awesome.

Ok thanks for the detail. Interesting.

What I am seeing across all platforms, and I have just posted on twitter, is that this update is shaping up as the worst received of the games history so far.
    This is also interesting.

Hoping it's all better when the new game modes drop as they look awesome.

Now don't get me wrong everyone I know loves the new Spawn System, it's the ship phase that just is not working out. Usually I play "Capital Supremacy" for hours and hours but even I was burnt out after only one map. Some how the ship phase changes drained the joy out of it, it's weird.
    “There is always hope.”
  • It's fair to say that I'm really satisfied with this update. I'm grateful that you listen to the community :)

However, I must say that I'm absolutely against the stamina indicator bar and the visual cues on heroic might.. it just takes away the thrill of the duels. It should be your personal experience that enables you to predict your opponent's strategy, not an indicator bar that makes it way easier.

Hope this will see some tweaking in the future, but all in all, awesome update!

@F8RGE
  • I play Luke a lot in Ga and I must say, last night everything felt better, like it was working. and the intensify card is really nice too
    Emotion yet Peace, Ignorance yet Knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force
  • jonci wrote: »
    The amount of people that quit because of the massive lag was unbelievable in HVV, animations sluggish, bosk jump was terrible and not high for some people.

I like the idea of new stuff but whats the point if it doesn't play well?
    How a bout a round of lets fix it before any new content please.

How about stop trying to fix stuff and just add new stuff to play?

Most of this update again is just tweaks to stuff already in the game. How about adding a new mode like hero only strike or extraction? Or a large scale infantry only mode like Turning Point? Or how long is the thread out there asking for new extraction maps?

Personally, I don't care about this HOK chance with HVV and very, very few of the new hero cards look even remotely interesting. And I don't care about another new map in HVV....Plenty of maps for that mode already. Most of the other changes are just cosmetic changes.

For me there really isn't much substance in this update.
  • While I enjoy the Droid skins and the Contextual Spawning, the thing that really bugs me about the update is, as always, the Heroes. The ability to gain health after each kill made them more difficult.

The original Battlefront II's hero's health gain after each kill works because there's only one hero per map, and it can be easy to defeat one by massing up and forcing said hero to play a little more carefully.

But in THIS Battlefront? You have a full roster of heroes that can be sent en masse, already difficult without the update, massacring a smaller number of players, easily replenishing their health after one successful run.
  • please give us the option to turn off the Droid commentary!

That would be nice, or at least a volume control for him specifically. My first impression was that the commentary was WAY too loud, but then I decided that it was at least slightly too loud.

At first, I was afraid it was going to give me a headache. I do like that it tells you who got the game winning kill, and I did enjoy hearing that I was "skywalking all over the competition". LOL
    ZI7BNkU.gif

• This is great guys, keep up the good work :)

However, are there any new heroes? I obviously didn't see any in the transmission, and you guys are doing good work. Are there any planned and being kept from us or are there none at all?

May the force be with you guys
    "By Azura, by Azura, by Azura! It's the Grand Champion! I can't believe it's you! Standing here! Next to me!"
  • hsf_
    1912 posts Member
    In-game objective icons have been redesigned to be less obtrusive.

About time... I am getting sick of being shot by people behind the objective markers, which I am unable to see.
  • I just ended a capital supremicy, Took more than 2 freaking hours because of the timers in the ship phase. Can this please be reverted. Loved the mode, but 2+ hours on the same map up and down s.cks. Any one else hate the timer?
  • No surprise that they manage to break the game again
  • Why can't you select all the heroes in Heroes Vs. Villains? Only Jedi or Sith
  • I can't believe I was excited for this patch because of the uneven terrain blocking fix haha should of known that with one small fix, that the entire game would then be wrecked almost haha
  • You guys forgot to add into the notes the buff all Saber heroes get where they can swing their Saber from anywhere on the map and it hits all enemies playing the game at that time. Including players in other lobbies.
  • Didn't see anything about this but just tried to play a match of heroes vs villains and I had seven characters locked out. The message stated that the max number were in play but they were not. Kind of hare to get the kill challenge as Boskk when he's locked.
    "I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me, aaaand now I have a lightsaber!"
  • Daijooky wrote: »
    Didn't see anything about this but just tried to play a match of heroes vs villains and I had seven characters locked out. The message stated that the max number were in play but they were not. Kind of hare to get the kill challenge as Boskk when he's locked.

It's an event. Check top of general chat.
  • Starmasui73146
    1495 posts Member
    edited August 30
    It's fair to say that I'm really satisfied with this update. I'm grateful that you listen to the community :)

However, I must say that I'm absolutely against the stamina indicator bar and the visual cues on heroic might.. it just takes away the thrill of the duels. It should be your personal experience that enables you to predict your opponent's strategy, not an indicator bar that makes it way easier.

Hope this will see some tweaking in the future, but all in all, awesome update!

@F8RGE

I think that the stamina bar for heroes and villains, and the yellow circle marker above allies should be something we can shut off in menus if we want it to look more realistic like reality. Because I want to feel like I am actually in the films. With those things over every characters head it ruins that for me, just sayin'.
    “There is always hope.”
  • GEN_Havoc2 wrote: »
    Why can't you select all the heroes in Heroes Vs. Villains? Only Jedi or Sith

Content limiting event to showcase the saber combat that is completely broken after the Roger Roger patch.
  • g4h89ph1jpba.gif
    HvV after this update
  • JediJulius wrote: »
    More CC immunity (Grievous)? Really?

We should just give Phasma's Survivor, Finn's Undercover Agent, Han's Shoulder Charge, and Bossk's Predator Instincts CC immunity too!

(I actually like a lot of what I see, but am just disappointed to see more CC immunity being tossed around).

While I agree that giving everyone CC immunity is REALLY stupid.....i think a few specific abilities needed it a while back because they were always getting force pushed around and couldn't do anything.

I think it was fair to give it to Grievous for JUST unrelenting advance because he was always getting force pushed for all his abilities. He couldn't do 1 ability without it getting cancelled by another jedi force power. I don't think that claw rush should have been give CC immunity though that was stupid.

I think that Vader and maul force chokes should only get CC immunity via a star card. That way vader & maul characters have to sacrifice a slot to get the ability......I don't know now though since they have buffed and unbalanced the game SEVERALLY. Maybe they shouldn't get it at all now.

I think the only character that really needs it now out of anyone is chewy and he should only be granted it when he jumps in the air to ground slam because you almost can never do a ground slam anymore in HvV without someone cancelling the move on you from force powers all the time. However you should still be affected by force powers while running with ground slam.

They also need to address the fact that Lando and Han get their detonite charge and shock device cancelled mid-air if it doesn't hit the ground before someone hits you with force powers. Right now the devices will hit the ground and become unusable if you are hit with force powers before the device hits the ground. It doesn't make sense that you can see the device out on the ground, but it doesn't work anymore because sith lord used a force power on you or spam attacked you to cancel the ability since it has such a long activation window. See below video for example:

Watch at 0:38
  • Boy, that new jump on the Commando Droid is great, but definitely going to take some getting accustomed to...
    "Watch those wrist rockets!"
    -Unknown Clone Trooper

psnID: errornosignal
This discussion has been closed.