criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

This one small change will make Phasma's Staff Strikes better

PlayersPurity
760 posts Member
edited September 2019
I think this one simple change will make the ability feel much better and easier to use. Make the ability immune to staggers. (Lightsaber strikes, melee attacks) Here are few reasons why:
  • The 3rd strike is easier to trigger
  • Makes Phasma greater against sabers
  • Increasing the hit speed doesn't suit her character
  • Star cards focusing on the ability will become more useful
  • Her armor is meant to be sturdy

As I mentioned above, increasing the hit speed of each strike doesn't suit Phasma's character at all. The reason Staff Strikes are slower than Command Droid's sword is because Phasma's are more powerful. Also stagger immunity would make her armor feel more stronger.

I can see the ability becoming OP as the last strike deals more damage than Anakin's Retribution so perhaps nerf the damage of last strike. That should balance things out. The last strike actually hits twice (before and after knock down) each dealing 200 damage against heroes.
Current Topics:
Leia Improvements
Staff Strikes Improvement

m3s3leriptmd.png
Xbox Gamertag: PlayerPurity
Twitter: PlayersPurity

Post edited by PlayersPurity on

Replies

• SQJACKIE
    1344 posts Member
    Her staff strikes should maker her "jump" to her enemies, it's range is very short
  • Can’t believe they have a 9 second cooldown :#
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    Her staff strikes should maker her "jump" to her enemies, it's range is very short

It's way better now than before though. Better than Dooku's ;)
    Current Topics:
    Leia Improvements

m3s3leriptmd.png

• I don't think her staff is that unique anymore (res. spy? seppie commando droid?) and its one of her best skills. Since she started this melee train, maybe her second strike should also knock down???

I would actually prefer her staff be entirely changed... Like leias automatic rifle, Phasma pulls out her staff and walks around with it in hand for the time limit. R2 now swings her staff in a 5 hit combo and L2 blocks melees and deflects sabers (for reduced dmg). Her armor also gets a boost to deflect X% of blaster fire while the ability is active.
  • I don't think her staff is that unique anymore (res. spy? seppie commando droid?) and its one of her best skills. Since she started this melee train, maybe her second strike should also knock down???

I would actually prefer her staff be entirely changed... Like leias automatic rifle, Phasma pulls out her staff and walks around with it in hand for the time limit. R2 now swings her staff in a 5 hit combo and L2 blocks melees and deflects sabers (for reduced dmg). Her armor also gets a boost to deflect X% of blaster fire while the ability is active.

That'd make the ability even more unique. Gladly she now has a stagger immunity so the combo is easier to trigger.
    Current Topics:
    Leia Improvements

m3s3leriptmd.png