criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Episode 9 trailer question. Whole thread is a possible spoiler FYI.

after palps says "your journey nears its end", isn't that then vaders breathing sound? I can't see any comments about it on the YouTube trailer. I feel like I can definately hear the breath in but not the breath out.

Replies

• I believe it’s forsure him breathing. And I have my own theory that Palp is talking to Anakin at that point. Or at least he should be since this whole saga is about his “journey”
  • Starwarsor66
    1392 posts Member
    edited August 27
    I believe it’s forsure him breathing. And I have my own theory that Palp is talking to Anakin at that point. Or at least he should be since this whole saga is about his “journey”

Yeah I felt he was talking to vader as well. I wonder in what way palps would talk to Darth after what he did to him though haha maybe just talking trash to him. Telling him it's all about to end horribly for him and his friends. Because I can't really imagine palps being all nice to him after he killed him.
  • OoiiHooked_22
    2201 posts Member
    edited August 27
    I believe it’s forsure him breathing. And I have my own theory that Palp is talking to Anakin at that point. Or at least he should be since this whole saga is about his “journey”

Yeah I felt he was talking to vader as well. I wonder in what palps would talk to Darth after what he did to him though haha maybe just talking trash to him. Telling him it's all about to end horribly for him and his friends. Because I can't really imagine palps being all nice to him after he killed him.

Remember tho if Anakin comes back as a ghost it won’t be Vader, Anakin killed vader, they aren’t the same. Hopefully we get a flashback or something about Vader or Vader tries to seduce someone with palp as a ghost because that would be sweet to have Palp and Vader try and conflict Rey/Ben(whoever the bad is) and an obiwan and yoda Luke try and conflict whoever is on the light, or vise versa where they seduce the opposite . Idk I think an Anakin v Vader conflict inside Rey/Ben would be interesting.

That would be interesting and funny if they did talk tho 😂😂 but I think it was Anakin at the moment he “killed” palp, not Vader
  • Bottom line is I need Anakin in this movie somehow. It would make sense if he wasn’t in it
  • I believe it’s forsure him breathing. And I have my own theory that Palp is talking to Anakin at that point. Or at least he should be since this whole saga is about his “journey”

Yeah I felt he was talking to vader as well. I wonder in what palps would talk to Darth after what he did to him though haha maybe just talking trash to him. Telling him it's all about to end horribly for him and his friends. Because I can't really imagine palps being all nice to him after he killed him.

Remember tho if Anakin comes back as a ghost it won’t be Vader, Anakin killed vader, they aren’t the same. Hopefully we get a flashback or something about Vader or Vader tries to seduce someone with palp as a ghost because that would be sweet to have Palp and Vader try and conflict Rey/Ben(whoever the bad is) and an obiwan and yoda Luke try and conflict whoever is on the light, or vise versa where they seduce the opposite . Idk I think an Anakin v Vader conflict inside Rey/Ben would be interesting.

That would be interesting and funny if they did talk tho 😂😂 but I think it was Anakin at the moment he “killed” palp, not Vader

Yeah I just said it was vader coz of the mask. I actually wondered if maybe the director made Anakin in his mask just for effect and palps was talking to him that way. That would be a very unwise decision if JJ Abrams did that however.

You know actually it's most likely palps talking to Hayden Christensen and they just added in the mask breathing to the trailer. Because there was heaps of rumor about Hayden being in the movie.

Yeah I just said it was vader coz of the mask. I actually wondered if maybe the director made Anakin in his mask just for effect and palps was talking to him that way. That would be a very unwise decision if JJ Abrams did that however.

You know actually it's most likely palps talking to Hayden Christensen and they just added in the mask breathing to the trailer. Because there was heaps of rumor about Hayden being in the movie.

Agreed, could just be an aesthetic. But I like to hope at least we’ll get a flashback to Vader, too big of a following to leave him on sideline, or even a reference. I need his music too, Williams brother said pretty much all the old Star Wars music is coming in so I’ll probably cry like a baby when I hear Vader’s music 😊😊😊

Agreed, could just be an aesthetic. But I like to hope at least we’ll get a flashback to Vader, too big of a following to leave him on sideline, or even a reference. I need his music too, Williams brother said pretty much all the old Star Wars music is coming in so I’ll probably cry like a baby when I hear Vader’s music 😊😊😊

Haha would be cool if vader/Anakin was in it. He's the best character I think. I probably won't even see this movie though. I hated 8 to point of boycotting Solo at the movies, even though Solo was actually quite good once I saw it. Disney needed a financial hit to realise that they messed up with 8.

Haha would be cool if vader/Anakin was in it. He's the best character I think. I probably won't even see this movie though. I hated 8 to point of boycotting Solo at the movies, even though Solo was actually quite good once I saw it. Disney needed a financial hit to realise that they messed up with 8.

If it’s Star Wars I’m watching it. I enjoyed Solo in theaters but I hated how people called it a “flop” because MANY people didn’t see it JUST because of TLJ. I also liked the actors and actress in Solo a lot more so that drove me😂

Like I said, if we can get a Vader v Anakin internal conflict with Ben my heart will be pleased. Especially how much Kylo idolized Vader, it’d be cool to see Anakin try and sway him.
  • Anakin v Vader is THE BIGGEST conflict in all of Star Wars and non of the movies covered it 😭😭😭

If it’s Star Wars I’m watching it. I enjoyed Solo in theaters but I hated how people called it a “flop” because MANY people didn’t see it JUST because of TLJ. I also liked the actors and actress in Solo a lot more so that drove me😂

Like I said, if we can get a Vader v Anakin internal conflict with Ben my heart will be pleased. Especially how much Kylo idolized Vader, it’d be cool to see Anakin try and sway him.

Yeah I can't just follow the franchise blindly like that haha if it's a bad movie, then I want them to know they messed up, and the only way a company like Disney knows they screwed up is not just by reviews alone but by box office. If I have to suffer the loss of a little bit of watching pleasure by not having seen Solo and hopefully sending Disney a message so that they do better for movies in the future, then I gladly will give up watching one of the star wars' at the movies.

Yeah that would be cool to see Anakin try and talk kylo out of being on the dark side. He will have to be redeemed at one point. Either a self sacrifice to save rey from turning or dying, or rey and Anakin will just turn him back to LS. But then I don't know who or what their major villain would be to overcome.
  • Anakin v Vader is THE BIGGEST conflict in all of Star Wars and non of the movies covered it 😭😭😭

Do you mean none of the ST movies covered it? Coz episode 3 and 6 did a bit. 3 could of done a way better job. 6 definately did a good job of it on endor when luke turns himself in and obviously when Anakin saves luke.
  • Nooooo. Not off-topic! No one ever checks off-topic :( why God why!!