criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

HvV is now broken thanks to the August update

Now I’ve been playing this game since it came out and I was there when the game was broken and I was addicted to playing it because it’s Star Wars but I am still smart enough to know the bad and good of the game and this Is one of bad parts of the game and this was recent. Ever since the update came out I noice that people were complaining about the lightsaber combat and I thought it can’t be that bad but omg I probably will never touch HvV until lightsaber combat is fix and I know I’m not the only one that thinks so. And if u guys go on YouTube about the game u can see people commenting and how dice ruined HvV. So I hope that u guys can fix it even tho I don’t expect to happen but one can hope right. Away sorry for this long text I just want to say this and hopefully it can be fix and “remember the force is with you always.”

Replies

  • Exactly thank u Lol
  • Thanks - I’ll keep an eye out, I didn’t experience any of the things you described yet - I don’t agree about some cards being op but that’s just my opinion
  • TiNie
    280 posts Member
    Thanks - I’ll keep an eye out, I didn’t experience any of the things you described yet - I don’t agree about some cards being op but that’s just my opinion

    About the star cards, this is just a feeling, like the feeling I had about Anakin beeing op after he was released.
    I played a lot of HvV and I just care about my star card loadout, so I think I can trust my feeling. I would say that these new star cards might be op in GA, more than they could be in HvV.
    Thx.
  • I disagree, that was March update what changed saber combat for worse. Since removing staggering and introducing new stamina system, saber combat has been worse. I don't say broken, because it is allways playable with all kind of different rules you can imagine as long as both sides have same rules, but it has been worse.
  • Both March and August update are really what ***** it up the game.
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    Everything is always so BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN.

    How can that be? I play a good bit and it isn’t broken for me. What is the difference? Is it maybe the player that is different?

    You must be god then. We can’t hang with you.
  • Slschocolate
    18 posts Member
    edited August 31
    OcDoc wrote: »
    OcDoc wrote: »
    Everything is always so BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN.

    How can that be? I play a good bit and it isn’t broken for me. What is the difference? Is it maybe the player that is different?

    You must be god then. We can’t hang with you.

    I am starting to think that way. None of what you guys say makes sense unless it is on a different platform from me and my friends. We don’t even play together, we play with randoms and all is going quite well for us.

    I used to think maybe there was something wrong with me because I wasn’t suffering from all this drama I see that “everyone else” is apparently experiencing. Now I think a lot of the complaints are from people that can’t handle when the game doesn’t do exactly what they want it to do according to their preference and because they are incapable of adapting, they complain and complain dramatically at that.

    I wish I could see you play and learn what I am, apparently, doing wrong when things take a dismal turn (am genuinely curious). Also, I am typically in 1st place most matches, as a random, so 1.) Don’t make stupid assumptions and 2.) no, I’m not just complaining, I shouldn’t and you shouldn’t just be happy with a lackluster, sloppy game. Good enough, is not “good enough”. 👌🏻 And I’m sick of the dumb excuse that it’s hard to fix bugs... Like there aren’t hundreds of other complex, well functioning games on the market.. 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Indeed
  • OcDoc wrote: »
    OcDoc wrote: »
    Everything is always so BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN.

    How can that be? I play a good bit and it isn’t broken for me. What is the difference? Is it maybe the player that is different?

    You must be god then. We can’t hang with you.

    I am starting to think that way. None of what you guys say makes sense unless it is on a different platform from me and my friends. We don’t even play together, we play with randoms and all is going quite well for us.

    I used to think maybe there was something wrong with me because I wasn’t suffering from all this drama I see that “everyone else” is apparently experiencing. Now I think a lot of the complaints are from people that can’t handle when the game doesn’t do exactly what they want it to do according to their preference and because they are incapable of adapting, they complain and complain dramatically at that.
    And no it’s not because people can’t adapt it’s because how broken they made it I mean u can’t see that then omg go to YouTube and if still say that they just complain the u don’t know what u are talking about. And we are making sense your the one not making sense. How can we handle the game if dice is going to screw it up every time they try to fix it. You say its complaining I say is feedback.
  • hosco33 wrote: »
    OcDoc wrote: »
    OcDoc wrote: »
    Everything is always so BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN.

    How can that be? I play a good bit and it isn’t broken for me. What is the difference? Is it maybe the player that is different?

    You must be god then. We can’t hang with you.

    I am starting to think that way. None of what you guys say makes sense unless it is on a different platform from me and my friends. We don’t even play together, we play with randoms and all is going quite well for us.

    I used to think maybe there was something wrong with me because I wasn’t suffering from all this drama I see that “everyone else” is apparently experiencing. Now I think a lot of the complaints are from people that can’t handle when the game doesn’t do exactly what they want it to do according to their preference and because they are incapable of adapting, they complain and complain dramatically at that.

    If the game works so well why are they changing its original [better] mechanics?

    if you're going to "adapt" so well to whatever real fixes are implemented in the near future, why are you so mad of people who don't like current state?

    Your position doesn't sound logical. These 'complaints' are warnings from people who do not want to stop playing but are just not enjoying it anymore. If we play is because our brain stored good experiences from the past and associated the pleasure to the game and it hopes to find it within it, but such experience dilutes with bad experiences in time associated to the same item, it's a psychological fact, and we consciously are trying to prevent that to happen.
    Exactly
  • Played the game this weekend for the first time in weeks. I wondered why Rey and Obi's mind tricks are unblockable now, and force pulls randomly go through blocks at times as well
  • TiNie wrote: »
    I played HvV 5-6 hours since the update and for me it feels like its getting worse. Looks like more game mechanics changed than said or the game was fixed broken.
    For example, I stand behind a lightsaber character he swings to the front and I receive damage.
    Strikes, blaster fire and abilities breaking through blocks feels even worse than ever.
    The new star cards seems to make some character op in GA or HvV in my opinion.
    For example Luke with 180 damage output. Don't get me wrong, I like Luke in Star Wars, but this is really to much.

    I would like to see, that EA is making big changes and fixes this year with the lightsaber combat and force user system.
    I would like to see EA having a thread here, where this new system can be seriously discussed and some ideas can be realised. I mean a thread where there is no aksing about new characters, nor maps or whatever, just a discussion about a good and reliable combat system for force/lightsaber users.

    But in my opinion this would never be done by EA. They try to present in this case useless content and made the "normal" gamers, who don't care about the bugs that much, happy.
    Sad but that's how Star Wars battlefront 2 is going down, with lots of applause.
    Greetings.

    Totally agree. Theres been many a time where I have been stood behind an enemy and his lightsabre swing has killed me?! I've also been 30ft in the air and again, a lightsabre swing has killed me?! Blocking is absolutely atrocious now. I can stand and batter Darth Vader or Obi Wan for 15 seconds and his block is impenetrable. I try to block with the same character and it seems to break after 4 seconds and die?! This is not consistent at all.

    The last nerf has ruined the game and I for one will not be playing HvV until it's been nerfed again. It didn't need changing so drastically.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!