criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

How to have fun in HvV?

Hey,

I bought the game a couple of days ago, I'm pretty low level and still learning the ropes but after 4 matches of HvV, a gamemode I anticipated being fantastic, I'm probably done playing it for good. The fact that in every match my team of four random guys had to play against a squad of high level smurfs who utterly decimated us has just killed the gameplay. How am I supposed to have fun, progress or get better?

Here, this picture says it all:
91o8rcjtyb4a.png

What's the point of this? Why is this allowed? Why isn't there some level based matchmaking? How is this encouraging new players to come and have fun? I don't get it...

Replies

• Play with friends. It;s that simple.

They added matchmaking to stop people getting steamrolled. Didn't help. All it did was stop randoms having a good game and getting to stay together game after game if they so wished. Now it's a switch up every few maps or so.

Now the only fun way to play is with a bunch of friends. Are you on the Xbone?

giphy.gif

• OcDoc
    1984 posts Member
    A lot changed in that mode this weekend. Might want to come back to it later. There are a lot of people that play that mode A LOT and it can be really hard for new players to learn the ropes. Don’t think you are going to just pop on and crush opponents.

You are pretty late to the party so you are going to need to do some research, watch some experienced players, pick a couple heroes to focus on getting good with and then be patient and practice till it starts to click for you. This just comes with the territory when jumping into a multiplayer game 2 years after it’s released.
  • Matchmaking doesn't work - it's just a shuffle. Of course, after two years, you will be up against greatly experienced players. However, it's always a game of luck. I've seen many such rounds as in your screenshot and have been on both sides of the fence. It's a common occurrence in HvV.

Start practicing with a handful of heroes in Arcade, up the difficulty levels as you progress, get to know the ins and outs. Yes, watch videos on YouTube, if you're so inclined. It's a learning curve.

Sooner or later you'll get into a more competent team that will carry you a bit, while you can try out stuff and get better without getting wrecked constantly.
  • OcDoc
    1984 posts Member
    I promise I have players like you matched up on my team regularly. Not sure why you got matched up on such bad teams but it happens. Keep trying, the odds should even out along the way and you should end up on some teams with good players.
  • Its only 4 games. You will have to play some more.
  • Before stamina and HVV new rules, one player had more chances to survive and find her teammates. It's silly to suggest to keep playing and pray you'll find better teammates... eventually.

That will happen for sure, but it's still boring when now you obliterate enemies, only a few matches are competitive, but still glitches will leave you a bad taste. I used to play just to level heroes up rather than expecting to win, it sounds boring but you might find some joy on being able to earn some points despite adversity. Though with current glitches many, many times, you cannot even hurt opponents because your abilities do not take any effect at all and their abilities will be chained and prevent you to even strike saber or shot your blaster, while blocking will not protect you. As stated, you were totally able to harm enemies even with bad teammates about six months ago, before the saber combat changes.
  • You matched against team of friends or good random team versus low level newbies, change server to get more good players in your team or play with your friends. Also you should complete all arcade levels in max tier level to get more practice.

Community requested this fluent attack spam fest what this game is now, by removing staggering and adding stamina changes have made game like it is now, there is nothing wrong with block but eventually your stamina will fail when blocking when there are enough attack spammers, remember to combine dodge and block.

• Step 1. Quit out of HvV
    Step 2. Load Extraction
    Step 3. Have fun
  • jonci
    1229 posts Member
    Welcome to the game, you should note that the bleaters got HVV changed for the worse and now its well and truly busted, some players bleated and now target system has gone, HVV has become a smash spam fest riddled with more bugs than ever.
  • Yeah. HvV is nearly unplayable, now. Players quit mid-match almost every game I play now (since the target system was eliminated, it's become an epidemic). Special abilities are unreliable and saber combat has gotten buggy.
  • Hey,

I bought the game a couple of days ago, I'm pretty low level and still learning the ropes but after 4 matches of HvV, a gamemode I anticipated being fantastic, I'm probably done playing it for good. The fact that in every match my team of four random guys had to play against a squad of high level smurfs who utterly decimated us has just killed the gameplay. How am I supposed to have fun, progress or get better?

Here, this picture says it all:
    91o8rcjtyb4a.png

What's the point of this? Why is this allowed? Why isn't there some level based matchmaking? How is this encouraging new players to come and have fun? I don't get it...

Yeah, you get try-hards in mic parties doing it, and they usually drive out the newer players with their steamrolling and trolling. A game mode like this shouldn't require mic/party coordination. They need to tweak a few things with respawns and spawn locations to help out the newbie team. Also, newbies tend to look for points to level up, so they go right in swinging, not caring how it affects the team.
  • I think the target system should go like this: each player gets one target to attack on the other team. You can still help out teammates, but your counterpart will see the target icon above your head and likely come after you. It could invite more one-on-one encounters, along with some teamwork.
  • AW_Cramer wrote: »
    Step 1. Quit out of HvV
    Step 2. Load Extraction
    Step 3. Have fun

lol. Haven't played it yet. Sounds interesting. Is it like rescuing R2 from the death star? (Battlefront 2015)
  • MrFriendly wrote: »
    AW_Cramer wrote: »
    Step 1. Quit out of HvV
    Step 2. Load Extraction
    Step 3. Have fun

lol. Haven't played it yet. Sounds interesting. Is it like rescuing R2 from the death star? (Battlefront 2015)

I liked the 2015 version better but this one is fun - one of the better game modes this game has to offer. Needs more maps though
  • honestly hvv sucks imo. Not any fun. do us all a favor and play some hs. We need more people anyways. Less spam and steam rolling anyways.
  • There's no way to
  • Update:

Yes, this gamemode is simply unplayable. The matchmaking is just ridiculous, it keeps putting me and a pack of usually similarly low level strangers against 3-4 man squads of camper nerds with level 300-400 characters. I don't remember the last time I won a HvV round and I always play a few every time I launch the game. This is just madness, how the hell is this balanced, how the hell is this fun and how the hell is this allowed to carry on?! And these aren't close matches, we get roflstomped every round, our team is barely capable of getting a kill. Halfway through the match usually 1-2 guys leave and then it gets even worse. I can barely level up my characters, it takes 3-4 matches to level up and my highest leveled character is Rey at level 13. I've seen a level 900 Palpatine yesterday like WTF?!

I was about to uninstall this game for good when Co-Op came out. I think it's the only fair and entertaining gamemode out there, too bad it only has 5 maps.

Seriously, DICE, you need to do something with the matchmaking, it's killing the game. HvV is a signature gamemode of this franchise and it is a very good concept but you make it impossible for people to enjoy playing with their favorite characters. I doubt you only want to appeal to those nerds with no life who enjoy ganging up with their fellow "friends" and prey on the new players.
  • I don't understand why the spawn system punishes the losing team? In my experience the first team to get a lead of three or four kills over the other will virtually never lose it, simply because the losing team is now scattered to the four winds. Unless the losers get really lucky with their spawns and can regroup and rally, they're just going to get picked apart in ones and twos for the rest of the round. Assuming the players present even know that much to try (not even necessarily because they're bad or impatient, HvV just plays totally differently from any other ground mode).
  • QUESTION: You guys clearly know what’s up with HvV....Have you guys noticed that Heroes vs Villains now requires you to play musical chairs between heroes sometimes as often as every death? It didn’t used to be as bad but it’s too much. I just made a post if you would like to see it or add to it...

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/147033/heroes-vs-villains#latest
  • Gizmoe
    124 posts Member
    Play in a group, emote and taunt randoms until they leave!
  • Best advice is to avoid HvV. There are much better modes on this game.