criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Option to skip killcam

It would be a much smoother and nicer experience playing heroes versus villains if, on defeat, the screen were to go directly to the character selection menu, instead of having to wait or press x each time. It may not seem like that much time or that much work, but it gets tedious after a year-and-a-half of playing the game.

Another possibility would be an option to spectate teammates to see who's in trouble.

Replies

• You need that cam... How else are you going to see me dancing on your corpse or emoting?? ;)

I rarely see anyone do that anymore. if they are slashing and shooting then they are on radar and getting pursued immediately.

another reason why the killcam is useless. I would rather go directly to the menu screen or directly to team spectate.
  • You need that cam... How else are you going to see me dancing on your corpse or emoting?? ;)

I rarely see anyone do that anymore. if they are slashing and shooting then they are on radar and getting pursued immediately.

another reason why the killcam is useless. I would rather go directly to the menu screen or directly to team spectate.

Yeah I'm sick of it too. It's only useful for trolling and gets really boring after a while.

• EA_Rtas
    1163 posts EA Moderator
    okay let's cool it a bit. No need to go down a bait route derailing this.
  • MrFriendly wrote: »
    You need that cam... How else are you going to see me dancing on your corpse or emoting?? ;)

Yeah I'm sick of it too. It's only useful for trolling and gets really boring after a while.

I don't mind a very quick kill cam like in Team Fortress 2, where it just zooms and flashes the attacker for a second, but I do want it to automatically jump to a spectate window where i can watch teammates, with an option to jump into the character selection menu.

It would just make the mode snappier and more continuous, with an actual benefit.

A teammate spawn would be nice, too, but that's for another thread :P
  • I generally don't mind the killcam (as annoying it is, I rarely encounter players repeating taunts or leaping around corpses), but I certainly wouldn't mind them changing it so that the killcam at least cuts to the character selection menu BEFORE your corpse just up and vanishes into thin air. I find that way more distracting than players taunting or having to press X.
  • Majike wrote: »
    I generally don't mind the killcam (as annoying it is, I rarely encounter players repeating taunts or leaping around corpses), but I certainly wouldn't mind them changing it so that the killcam at least cuts to the character selection menu BEFORE your corpse just up and vanishes into thin air. I find that way more distracting than players taunting or having to press X.

Yeah, it'd be nice to have it move faster and more smoothly. I think a 3 second killcam is reasonable, and for me, I'd prefer to go to a team spectate screen, like in CS or GA, just without the squad spawn option. Then hit circle to go into character menu if i want to adjust something. I dont see why there couldn't be a preference you could set to decide which to go into automatically.

Just small tweaks would help a lot.