criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

[NEW] This Is A New One, Thanks Devs... - GameBreaking Bug

Thanks for making me join 5 minutes late into each round of a new map. I am stuck on the End of Round screen when switching to new planets on ALL modes, I have to sit and play with my thumbs until the stupid screen goes away. #intendedfeature j05ozd9lq3th.png

Replies

• anidriX wrote: »
    It has happened to me as well a lot of time when switching maps, it's very annoying. I haven't found any way to fix it but quitting the lobby and requeueing. I am on PC, are you on PC as well or this new is also a cross platform feature as well?

I'm also on PC. It's extremely annoying. I thought I was the only one. I already tried 'repairing' the game, still no fix. I'm about to try reinstalling the entire damn game...
  • I just noticed the screenshot is of EoR infantry mode. It happened to me in HvV so we can be sure it's not a mode-specific bug.

@F8RGE Please confirm this.
    @IronSoldier Please report this in case Ben misses the thread, this bug is very annoying and happens very often.
  • CC_1010
    1801 posts Member
    edited September 1
    My teammate always has to wait until the next round starts. It’s horrible!
    Post edited by CC_1010 on
  • Out of curiosity, SSD or HDD ?
  • And i thought i'm the only one having this problem. Always the first round of a map takes ages to load since this patch gpt released. This happens not always but pretty often...
    (I have the game on SSD)

Internal SSD, so should be epic fast...

SSD.
  • Playing on console, this almost never happens to me. I've been playing a lot more lately and it's happened once in the last few months, and that was a few weeks ago.
  • This is definitely a PC thing.

In case someone asks, I have the game installed on a Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive.

This is a very prominent bug that's existed for a while now.
    Hi.
  • Draxin wrote: »
    This is definitely a PC thing.

In case someone asks, I have the game installed on a Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive.

Weird. I don’t recall experiencing it prior to the latest update.
  • anidriX wrote: »
    Draxin wrote: »
    This is definitely a PC thing.

Weird. I don’t recall experiencing it prior to the latest update.

Because this did not happen before this droid update. The devs created this and many other new bugs as well, without fixing many old ones as well. Unreliable development team.
  • Update: uninstalled and reinstalled this mess of a game, this bug still occurs. Just in case anyone else was thinking of doing this.
  • Case18
    33 posts Member
    edited September 1
    Can confirm this as well and I too am using a SSD. I had this intermittently prior to this patch, now it's every game. You eventually load in after waiting roughly 1 minute after the optimizing shader bar completes and the screen flashes. I have tried previous loading bug fixes like shader cache disable/re-enable and making sure DX 12 is not mysteriously enabled. Hopefully this gets more attention. The first load in to a match for me is super quick, it's just when it changes maps and the odd time if it's just switching rounds on the current map. Reinstalled and repaired game, deleted SWBFII folder in my documents, nothing worked so far.

I was leaning toward it having something to do with graphics card/ingame settings as well or nvidia drivers, but I can't see it being those... Current card is a 1080 TI.
  • TheUltimateHope
    1093 posts Member
    edited September 1
    This game is a mess, every single update it introduces new really annoying bugs, i for one play in borderless mode since Geonosis update because my game would crash without, and the list of similar cases where you have to find your own fixes is long within my friendlist.

I cannot be of much help except advise you to check everything, pilots, background softwares, origin in game, windows updates etc and probably try to spread the word (on reddit for example would be a start) as apparently there are people with the same issue, some may help.

(and oddly enough, my game isn't on my SSD but on my HDD and i don't have this loading bug)
  • VadersPetPig_
    771 posts Member
    edited September 1
    This game is a mess, every single update it introduces new really annoying bugs, i for one play in borderless mode since Geonosis update because my game would crash without, and the list of similar cases where you have to find your own fixes is long within my friendlist.

I cannot be of much help except advise you to check everything, pilots, background softwares, origin in game, windows updates etc and probably try to spread the word (on reddit for example would be a start) as apparently there are people with the same issue, some may help.

We shouldn’t even have to be dealing with this crap tho from a AAA gaming company. This has gotten really silly and out of hand.

It’s time for DICE Sweden to hand this game’s development to DICE LA.
  • Anyone having this issue running an AMD card by chance?
  • Just in case anyone was curious how this bug happens, most of the time, I don't spawn until later in the game.

giphy.gif
  • Case18 wrote: »
    Anyone having this issue running an AMD card by chance?

I don’t have AMD, but my friend does and he also suffers with this bug too. It seems all PC players have this problem.
  • Not a new bug but it seems to be happening a lot more frequently lately. EOR system is horrible. Give us server browsers.
  • Draco_RSA wrote: »
    Not a new bug but it seems to be happening a lot more frequently lately. EOR system is horrible. Give us server browsers.

That is just way too much to ask from the current development team honestly. They’ll break this game even further with a revamp like that.
    Not a new bug but it seems to be happening a lot more frequently lately. EOR system is horrible. Give us server browsers.

That is just way too much to ask from the current development team honestly. They’ll break this game even further with a revamp like that.

So true, the devs won't be able to handle implementing a server browser, don't think they have the necessary skill or man power and would have to hire additional devs to implement it. Still, a server browser is what SHOULD have been in the game from day day 1.
  • VadersPetPig_
    771 posts Member
    edited September 2
    Draco_RSA wrote: »

So true, the devs won't be able to handle implementing a server browser, don't think they have the necessary skill or man power and would have to hire additional devs to implement it. Still, a server browser is what SHOULD have been in the game from day day 1.

Pretty sure that revamp would be possible and STABLE if DICE Sweden handed this game’s development to DICE Los Angeles.
  • Update: uninstalled and reinstalled this mess of a game, this bug still occurs. Just in case anyone else was thinking of doing this.

Unrelated to the bug, but out of interest, does uninstalling and reinstalling make the game size smaller?
  • Kamykatz
    204 posts Member
    edited September 2
    I've also been experiencing this bug since the patch. However, I found a way to avoid it. Do nothing. Don't click on "Matchmake" or on "Continue". This loaded me into the next map correctly each time.

Pretty sure that revamp would be possible and STABLE if DICE Sweden handed this game’s development to DICE Los Angeles.

I agree 100% with you.
  • jonci
    1087 posts Member
    Its annoying when u get delayed into HVV and find you have been allocated a random garbage character i suppose it could be worse though it might have massive LAG and 2- 3 hit deaths, abilities not working and the stun lock saber play, (oh wait it does).
    I note there is a also some random moving to other screens and back again very quickly, its as if it cant make its mind up where you should be.
  • Alwe15 wrote: »
    Update: uninstalled and reinstalled this mess of a game, this bug still occurs. Just in case anyone else was thinking of doing this.

Unrelated to the bug, but out of interest, does uninstalling and reinstalling make the game size smaller?

No, it’s the same size.
  • Kamykatz wrote: »
    I've also been experiencing this bug since the patch. However, I found a way to avoid it. Do nothing. Don't click on "Matchmake" or on "Continue". This loaded me into the next map correctly each time.

The continue button doesn't even show up for me so I have nothing to click, even though I can audibly hear it load into the next map. No choice but to wait.
  • Case18 wrote: »
    The continue button doesn't even show up for me so I have nothing to click, even though I can audibly hear it load into the next map. No choice but to wait.

Unfortunately, yesterday the bug happened under any condition to me. So, no workaround after all.
  • Yeah the continue button also goes away for me too
  • It also happened to me since the latest patch. Never happened before though. Answers HQ Champion DarthFDG made a report about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Optimizing-Shaders-causing-delays-in-HVV-lobby/m-p/8163434#M24836

He supposed it's due to the optimizing shaders process in between rounds/maps.

I'll add there that it seems to be a PC only issue like you guys have been suggesting here
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Yeab this has been happening since the newest update, and it seems to be PC mainly

• He supposed it's due to the optimizing shaders process in between rounds/maps.

Yes! The new planet loads, I see the “Optimizing shaders“ message and then the screen fades back to the previous end-of-round screen with only a quit button left.
  • There seems to be ZERO fix or anyway to avoid this annoying bug. Checked all over reddit...
  • I as well suffer from this crappy bug. But for me it was since last year at least. Never got fixed. Using AMD and DX12, that because the game is unplayable with DX11 [bad stuttering and very low fps, even below 30 sometimes on my RX590] - The game literally takes ages to load the ***** shaders .. on any/every map, SP or MP. [SP even more time]

On what i could find the game loads and "creates' those shader caches on my C drive, under the Battlefront 2 folder, and they also take up to 6-7GB as space.. even more if i spent a week letting the game load all the shaders. Even with these shader caches the game STILL takes up to 10 minutes every damn round.

As a workaround i just hope someone finds out a way on disabling the shader optimization crap - I mean come on.. CoD has it on it's options since.. forever. Creating those shader caches on our drives, that's the problem and that takes ages it seems.

Also adding the game on AMD Adrenalin and turning the shaders off does not help.
  • Update - Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.1 driver came out few days ago. I had my game uninstalled for obvious reasons. Well i took another chance with it and with the new AMD driver [clean driver install using DDU and AMD Cleanup Utility just to be sure] - GPU RX590-8GB slightly overclocked ... 10% or less.

Results - Same bug occurs under DX12 - Shaders take eons to load. So i reverted back to DX11 just for tests and whaddaya know! Stable framerates - a bit lower than DX12 .. i would say about 10-15 FPS overall. That would seem a lot ofc... but compared to 25 fps or less on the previous drivers on DX11.. this is a HUGE change.. Game is stable now.

So far ive been playing some MP and SP.. few maps... 3 x MP maps.. 2 x demanding SP maps... FPS was above 70 all the time.. minor drops into 65 or so on the SP side ... but overall a 80-100 average on Ultra details @1080p .. that being on DX11... I could say this new driver is a defo WIN without a doubt. Also NO "shader optimizing" present on DX11 whatsoever. Maps load almost instantly [the game is on a SSD as well] - This driver is a keeper fo'sho.

Now i cant speak for the green side... Nvidia guys? Sorry i guess :neutral: ... DX12 is still "bugged" on AMD side as well. DX11 got an upgrade ... 25-75 fps before VS 65-120 now, depending on map/visual load.

I'll just stick with DX11 ftm. And gotta say... good to see that AMD is still trying to improve on their software side. Sure DX12 would give me some more FPS overall.. but with that 25-30 minutes load cost... No go. On DX11 - Battlefront 2 is very playable for me atm.. stable framerates and no stuttering nor frame drops.
  • VadersPetPig_
    771 posts Member
    edited September 9
    I didn’t ever have this issue before the last update. Still no word about a fix. I guess we won’t ever actually get one until they notice this.
  • They better fix this in the CT...
  • Update - So far so good on AMD side. Been playing since my last update and all is swell. The game loads fast, the fps is always good. DX11 no problems whatsoever. Leveling and having a great time.

On the Nvidia side, i spoke with a friend that had this issue since yesterday. What he did was the following:

1. Delete all local game settings - "ProfileOptions_profile" file in your Documents folde / Star Wars Battlefront 2 / Settings. Delete everything in that folder.
    2. Disable Cloud Saves - you can do this by selecting the game in your Origin List - Settings/Game Properties/Cloud Saves - and unchecking "Enable cloud saves for all supported games"
    3. Cold boot PC

Good thing to do is to memorize all of your ingame settings before doing this. MP ranks and progression will be saved anyways.

After first boot you can enable your Cloud saves by selecting your local ones, not the old saved server settings.

My friend says that after doing the above, his game went smooth .. no loading problems, nor excessive shader caches. He is using an GTX 1080 btw.

Hope this helps.
  • This game is a bad joke. So are the moderators. Im sure they will just close this discussion and then "jail" me again for voicing an opinion.
  • Arcite wrote: »
    Update - So far so good on AMD side. Been playing since my last update and all is swell. The game loads fast, the fps is always good. DX11 no problems whatsoever. Leveling and having a great time.

On the Nvidia side, i spoke with a friend that had this issue since yesterday. What he did was the following:

1. Delete all local game settings - "ProfileOptions_profile" file in your Documents folde / Star Wars Battlefront 2 / Settings. Delete everything in that folder.
    2. Disable Cloud Saves - you can do this by selecting the game in your Origin List - Settings/Game Properties/Cloud Saves - and unchecking "Enable cloud saves for all supported games"
    3. Cold boot PC

Good thing to do is to memorize all of your ingame settings before doing this. MP ranks and progression will be saved anyways.

After first boot you can enable your Cloud saves by selecting your local ones, not the old saved server settings.

My friend says that after doing the above, his game went smooth .. no loading problems, nor excessive shader caches. He is using an GTX 1080 btw.

Hope this helps.

That's amazing you found a solution, but we shouldn't have to be dealing with this nonsense...