criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Does anyone ACTUALLY think boycotting TROS will work?

StarwarsMEGAfan
239 posts Member
edited September 2
Personally I didn't really like TLJ but I don't think it's worth boycotting over? Luke was redeemed in the end & the only other major thing in the film was snoke's death... we knew literally nothing about Snoke, why is it a big deal?

Some people are talking about the political bias in the film.. nearly every film has left-leaning ideals.. what are they going to make a movie about why women and minorities can't lead people? lol

really don't understand the logic behind it? people change? companies change? just because you didn't like one film doesn't mean you'll hate all the others, as obi-wan said: "Only a Sith deals in absolutes".

I've also heard some people say that they dislike how rj treated people on twitter... which I mean.. ok. yes he comes off as pretentious but luckily this movie isn't being touched by him?

and I've also seen people complain about Kathleen Kennedy? like what has she even done? she doesn't even have a twitter what has she done to upset you :D

thanks for coming to my ted talk.
th1t3mn151el.gif


"Never doubt what you have done, All your decisions brought you to that point."
-Kreia / KOTOR 2

Euaaagh
-Lego Yoda

Replies

  • My boss usually pays for a company outing at a nice theater for Star Wars movies so I couldn’t boycott if I wanted to. I don’t usually like seeing movies at the theater because I get bored. Normally at home, it will take me about two or three days to finish a three hour movie.

    Boycott are meaningless though imo, at least for things like this.
  • If you don't want to watch a film, don't watch it. Just don't try to turn it into some higher moral cause by calling it a boycott.
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member
    I'll watch it eventually.

    I'm not really considering a boycott, I just don't have much interest. I can care less what happens to the characters.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • We didn't know anything about the emperor, but he turned out to be extremely interesting.
  • I am not going to boycott any more Star Wars movies, It doesn't help anything, I boycotted prequels, still watched them from DVD and TV, there were many parts I didn't like, but generally they were ok. Prequel and sequel movies are what they are, they could be better, but they are still Star Wars movies. Just like not all Star Trek episodes were great, neither are the Star Wars movies. I want to see what happens to Rey and what Emperor does in this movie.
  • If you don't want to watch a film, don't watch it. Just don't try to turn it into some higher moral cause by calling it a boycott.

    this. I do agree that if people don't want to watch a film then they just shouldn't go watch it, I really dislike all of those angry rallies that started the idea of a boycott, it's just so silly. what will boycotting even do? tell Disney to never make any Star Wars again, good or bad? seems like a lose-lose to me.
    th1t3mn151el.gif


    "Never doubt what you have done, All your decisions brought you to that point."
    -Kreia / KOTOR 2

    Euaaagh
    -Lego Yoda
  • Boycotting never works which is why i quit believing that they will actually hire competent directors and make good movies.
  • ROMG4
    2860 posts Member
    Rinku wrote: »
    Boycotting never works.


    OOM-9 FOR BATTLEFRONT 2
    OOM-9 Hero Concept by AzelfandQuilava
    https://i.redd.it/uleh1g22xrhz.png

    OOM-9 Canonical Material Check-List:

    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
    William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
    Ultimate Star Wars (Reference Guide)
    Star Wars: On the Front Lines (Reference Guide)
    Darth Maul: "Who is supervising the search for the Gungan cities?" Nute Gunray: "Commander OOM-Nine." Darth Maul: "A droid. The predecessor of your inept B-Ones." Rune Haako: "A superior droid, Lord Maul. Viceroy Gunray's personal guard."
    The OOM-9 Thread
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76756/the-oom-9-thread-9-9-the-phantom-droid/p1
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    Rinku wrote: »
    Boycotting never works.


    Boycotting won't do much - and even if it does do something, it'll just tell Disney to let SW die, as it's not profitable. I'd rather get mediocre Star Wars for a long time over letting SW fade away into nothing.
    th1t3mn151el.gif


    "Never doubt what you have done, All your decisions brought you to that point."
    -Kreia / KOTOR 2

    Euaaagh
    -Lego Yoda
  • I like the new star wars movies but, i don't think any kind of politics in any movie and i haven't even heard of anyone wanting to boycott the movie where is this coming from. If i ever saw a gay, transgender, non gender in a star wars movie that would ruin everything for me, plus those things don't even exist in star wars but that doesn't mean they can't do that, but i don't like politics in a movie that i've been looking forward to seeing politics ruins everything and like you said most movies have a left leaning side to it which is wrong but what can you say hollywood is as liberal as it gets. The new star wars movies don't have that much a political bias the fact that its rey a woman as the one of the main characters doesn't necessarily mean its left sided cause i don't see it that way it could be worse but thankfully its not, politics shouldn't be in any movie.
  • ROMG4 wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Rinku wrote: »
    Boycotting never works.


    Boycotting won't do much - and even if it does do something, it'll just tell Disney to let SW die, as it's not profitable. I'd rather get mediocre Star Wars for a long time over letting SW fade away into nothing.

    So you would rather just see Star Wars decline, get worse and worse until it's the media equivalent of COD sequels? In all honesty If I had to choose between getting 10 mediocre or average star wars films over a period of 5 years versus 5 great Star Wars movies over the course of 10 years

    I would choose the 5 films option, without hesitation. Corporations care only for their profits, outrage and anger mean next to nothing to them, if it doesn't hurt their bottom line. The person who complains for 2 years but still goes to see the latest installment is nothing but a dollar to them. Change happens when people stop purchasing a product, than that company has to shape up and improve or go out of business. Simple economics. Unfortunately consumers have forgotten that the customer has all the power in the world

    I can live without Star Wars movies even though I am a bloody massive fan as everyone here knows, but Disney can't live without fan money.

    Also yeah if people don't go to see the movie for whatever reason it will hurt. The finale of a trilogy is very important the finale takes place after years of the trilogy soaking in the pop culture, where people for whatever reason that haven't seen it in theaters before now have a reason to go as it's last chance they have

    If the finale of a trilogy disappoints it shows that something went horribly wrong with the second installment. I don't expect it to bomb like Solo did, hardly. All EP9 has to do is either tie or just barely go past TLJ to be seen as a pretty serious red flag for profits in the future

    Thus Disney realizes they do need to focus on better stories because if the finale of the Saga disappointed. Just imagine how the rest could do

    Yes I'm very bitter and Rian Johnson is the reason

    My main reason for this post was because I hate the group-think mentality. A handful of toxic youtubers have been churning out the same rhetoric for over 2 years now - I hate that. If people don't like a movie, don't see it; you don't need to organize a boycott.
    th1t3mn151el.gif


    "Never doubt what you have done, All your decisions brought you to that point."
    -Kreia / KOTOR 2

    Euaaagh
    -Lego Yoda
  • bfloo
    15647 posts Member
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    ROMG4 wrote: »
    Rinku wrote: »
    Boycotting never works.


    Boycotting won't do much - and even if it does do something, it'll just tell Disney to let SW die, as it's not profitable. I'd rather get mediocre Star Wars for a long time over letting SW fade away into nothing.

    So you would rather just see Star Wars decline, get worse and worse until it's the media equivalent of COD sequels? In all honesty If I had to choose between getting 10 mediocre or average star wars films over a period of 5 years versus 5 great Star Wars movies over the course of 10 years

    I would choose the 5 films option, without hesitation. Corporations care only for their profits, outrage and anger mean next to nothing to them, if it doesn't hurt their bottom line. The person who complains for 2 years but still goes to see the latest installment is nothing but a dollar to them. Change happens when people stop purchasing a product, than that company has to shape up and improve or go out of business. Simple economics. Unfortunately consumers have forgotten that the customer has all the power in the world

    I can live without Star Wars movies even though I am a bloody massive fan as everyone here knows, but Disney can't live without fan money.

    Also yeah if people don't go to see the movie for whatever reason it will hurt. The finale of a trilogy is very important the finale takes place after years of the trilogy soaking in the pop culture, where people for whatever reason that haven't seen it in theaters before now have a reason to go as it's last chance they have

    If the finale of a trilogy disappoints it shows that something went horribly wrong with the second installment. I don't expect it to bomb like Solo did, hardly. All EP9 has to do is either tie or just barely go past TLJ to be seen as a pretty serious red flag for profits in the future

    Thus Disney realizes they do need to focus on better stories because if the finale of the Saga disappointed. Just imagine how the rest could do

    Yes I'm very bitter and Rian Johnson is the reason

    My main reason for this post was because I hate the group-think mentality. A handful of toxic youtubers have been churning out the same rhetoric for over 2 years now - I hate that. If people don't like a movie, don't see it; you don't need to organize a boycott.

    TLJ plus the direction mcu are going struck a nerve.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!