criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

Would you please finally end Cross Era Heroes for GA?

Cyro
323 posts Member
edited September 9
I'm begging you Dice.

This game is a representation of the Star Wars movies. I will never be able to experience the Battle of Hoth ever again as it was, only with Darth Maul or Grievous leading the imperial forces...

You once made a community-event with canonic heroes for Galactic Assault. And thats the problem: This should be STANDARD. The cross-era-heroes should be the community-event! I dont get how you came up with this idea to begin with... seriously, i just dont understand the procedure of you planning the game and suddenly someone said "lets have cross era heroes, yet still have cutscenes and a scenario for tha battle" ... and everybody got up and proudly said "yes!" ??

What happened to you, Dice?.....


Removed unnecessary insult towards other users in the start of the post and unnecessary callout of the dev's at the end. ~Rtas
Post edited by EA_Rtas on

Replies

  • Oh really? Dumb idea.

    What villain you gonna play as in the Sequel maps? Phasma or Kylo?

    What hero you gonna play in sequel maps? Lemme see... Luke, Leia, Han, Chewy, Rey, Finn, soon enough Lando.

    Let's see the OT era.

    Villains. Vader, Palp, Boba and Boss. Oh good, we have 4 options now.

    Heroes. Luke, Leia, Han, Lando, Chewy, Obi Wan, Yoda, Anakin (for some reason).

    The only era that's good for the Villains is Prequel maps.

    No, keep it as is.
  • Well they will probably never make GA make sense but the Devs really need make CS make more sense so this is what they should do. Not allow certain clone skins, camo skins in particular on certain maps and also the wookiee warrior enforcer & chewbacca they should only be allowed on kashyyyk so we would need a new clone wars blaster wielding hero for CS to replace chewbacca, he is only in CS cause he appeared one time in the clone wars show and he wasn't helping the republic blow up separatists dreadnoughts, so he could only be on kashyyyk. Mauls default episode one appearance also doesn't make any sense in CS, so i would say to lock his default skin and add in clone wars skins for maul i know maul doesn't serve the separatists in the clone wars like he does in the game but i wouldn't go so far as to take him out of CS but at least add in his clone wars skins and lock his default skin in CS, this is my main request and of course bug fixes are just as important.
  • I Agree with all of you Seeing Heroes from other ERA'S is Annoying if you wanna play as Obi wan in the Rebel Aliance Beg your devs for old obi wan. But true Cross Heroes is Legit Annoying. Im thankful Capital Supremecy Doesn't have Cross Heroes
  • Cyro
    323 posts Member
    I Agree with all of you Seeing Heroes from other ERA'S is Annoying if you wanna play as Obi wan in the Rebel Aliance Beg your devs for old obi wan. But true Cross Heroes is Legit Annoying. Im thankful Capital Supremecy Doesn't have Cross Heroes

    so am i. thats why its the only mode i am still playing. i just cant stand grievous on hoth anymore....
  • People are talking about adding in jango fett to CS to replace bossk, he would kinda be considered cross era if you think about it hes from a different time line in the PT, he died before the clone wars even started and so did qui-gon-jinn so neither should be in CS, and mauls default skin is also cross era like, his episode one skin with his uncut off legs, mauls default skin is as bad as adding in qui-gon-jinn.
  • Cyro
    323 posts Member
    Grievous15 wrote: »
    People are talking about adding in jango fett to CS to replace bossk, he would kinda be considered cross era if you think about it hes from a different time line in the PT, he died before the clone wars even started and so did qui-gon-jinn so neither should be in CS, and mauls default skin is also cross era like, his episode one skin with his uncut off legs, mauls default skin is as bad as adding in qui-gon-jinn.

    but at least he's from the correct trilogy. that makes alot! i never cared about Greedo on endor or Hoth in BF2015 because at lease he was from the same era. it felt at least authentic. but Grievous on Hoth doesnt. So...i dont really care about Jango Fett in the game.
  • Especially in CS, the only game mode that makes the most sense.
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    People are talking about adding in jango fett to CS to replace bossk, he would kinda be considered cross era if you think about it hes from a different time line in the PT, he died before the clone wars even started and so did qui-gon-jinn so neither should be in CS, and mauls default skin is also cross era like, his episode one skin with his uncut off legs, mauls default skin is as bad as adding in qui-gon-jinn.

    i also think maul was off place in this battlefront, even after his return, but we wont be getting jango anyways so there shouldnt be any worries about it
  • Thank goodness.
  • Cross era heroes is not good in CS the only game mode with heroes that makes sense, lets not ruin it for the sake of cross era hero complainers. NO CROSS ERA HEROES IN CS!!!!!!!
  • Grievous15 wrote: »
    Cross era heroes is not good in CS the only game mode with heroes that makes sense, lets not ruin it for the sake of cross era hero complainers. NO CROSS ERA HEROES IN CS!!!!!!!

    well i don't really play CS that much....it too long sometimes
  • Yeah i'm fine the way GA is, its just CS that i mainly want to make sense and to keep it that way.
  • let me return every single point to you:

    1. stop showing your love for cross-era stuff and mixed legions and phases down peoples throats
    2. the devs will do whatever the community says, thats why i keep reminding them there ARE people.
    3. this is a feedback-section for feedback and ideas. so would you STOP posting immature "waah waah baby"-stuff under EVERY single of my comments???
  • Cyro wrote: »
    I'm begging you Dice.

    This game is not the personal Lego-Diorama of 12 year old Kids, it's a representation of the Star Wars movies. I will never be able to experience the Battle of Hoth ever again as it was, only with Darth Maul or Grievous leading the imperial forces...

    You once made a community-event with canonic heroes for Galactic Assault. And thats the problem: This should be STANDARD. The cross-era-heroes should be the community-event! I dont get how you came up with this idea to begin with... seriously, i just dont understand the procedure of you planning the game and suddenly someone said "lets have cross era heroes, yet still have cutscenes and a scenario for tha battle" ... and everybody got up and proudly said "yes!" ??

    What happened to you, Dice?..... I know many of your best devs from the glorious BF3-Days have left recently! I am not blind, i can see that you are making mistakes!

    Agreed...I think there's enough heroes now to lock them to their respective eras. Yoda and Anakin are a cancer to the OT and ST at the moment.
  • HoverBoyBen
    423 posts Member
    edited September 6
    whatever
    Post edited by HoverBoyBen on
  • i WAS with the army, thank you very much.....

    i dont ignore the TCW-Timeline but what we see at this point is NOT the TCW-Material! and the maps from the game are ALL movie-Matierial! so....

    "this is star wars there are supposed to be cross over "
    this is the stupidest thing i've ever read... honestly, this is just incredibly stupid. because it's star wars there must be cross era heroes?? what logic is THAT?

    honestly? Battlefield > Battlefront. (just ignore BFV)
    It had better mechanics, better structure, better concept and better DLC-politics. you can see how desperate dice is at this point! if they would have done it right from the VERY beginning, they would have added a Clone-Wars-DLC with 4 maps (Utapau, Coruscant, Felucia and Mygeeto for ex.) with the accurate legions on them and some vehicles, then a Galactic Civil War DLC, with Sullust, Scarif, Bespin and Mimban (same principle), then a Sequel-DLC, then an EP9/The Mandalorian DLC or whatever! LARGE DLC-packs every 3-4 months with a CLEAR concept and proof that they thought about what to do before releasing it!

    but no....community doesnt like to pay for DICEs hard work. result: Dice just threw random stuff in the game. like "uhm...what next? yeah just add...those skins. good. uhm... now a new map. good. followed by....uhm... 3 more skins? yeah that should do. uhm... give us a break. like 2 months, we need time to think. we're desperate."

    THATS how DICEs DLC-Politiks feels now! BF2015 felt like "okay guys, we have a CLEAR strutcure about what to do in the following yeah and we DELIVER!"...and they did. Each DLC adding 2 new blasters, 4 new Maps, 1 new Mode, new Vehicles, 2-4 new Star Cards and up to 4 Skins. oh and 2 new heroes per DLC.
  • in 2015 DLCs used to be THEMED!
    Outer Rim
    Bespin
    Death Star
    Scarif

    Clear structure, fitting content. but now what they are releasing is just an unorganized mess! and instead of adding units fitting to the TONE of a certain map/era they just add units randomly!
  • HoverBoyBen
    423 posts Member
    edited September 7
    Cyro wrote: »
    i WAS with the army, thank you very much.....

    i dont ignore the TCW-Timeline but what we see at this point is NOT the TCW-Material! and the maps from the game are ALL movie-Matierial! so....

    "this is star wars there are supposed to be cross over "
    this is the stupidest thing i've ever read... honestly, this is just incredibly stupid. because it's star wars there must be cross era heroes?? what logic is THAT?

    honestly? Battlefield > Battlefront. (just ignore BFV)
    It had better mechanics, better structure, better concept and better DLC-politics. you can see how desperate dice is at this point! if they would have done it right from the VERY beginning, they would have added a Clone-Wars-DLC with 4 maps (Utapau, Coruscant, Felucia and Mygeeto for ex.) with the accurate legions on them and some vehicles, then a Galactic Civil War DLC, with Sullust, Scarif, Bespin and Mimban (same principle), then a Sequel-DLC, then an EP9/The Mandalorian DLC or whatever! LARGE DLC-packs every 3-4 months with a CLEAR concept and proof that they thought about what to do before releasing it!

    but no....community doesnt like to pay for DICEs hard work. result: Dice just threw random stuff in the game. like "uhm...what next? yeah just add...those skins. good. uhm... now a new map. good. followed by....uhm... 3 more skins? yeah that should do. uhm... give us a break. like 2 months, we need time to think. we're desperate."

    THATS how DICEs DLC-Politiks feels now! BF2015 felt like "okay guys, we have a CLEAR strutcure about what to do in the following yeah and we DELIVER!"...and they did. Each DLC adding 2 new blasters, 4 new Maps, 1 new Mode, new Vehicles, 2-4 new Star Cards and up to 4 Skins. oh and 2 new heroes per DLC.

    sure........... You misspelled politics, for someone claiming to be in the military you sure act like a 10 year old whining and complaining.... you want people to use the same clone armor, play the same maps as you. Because you want immersion and all the other clone skins shouldn't be used..... you want to restrict hero's because it's not of the star wars era.... dude do you read what you put down? it's so unreasonable to demand and force people to use things.

    this is star wars...... all main star wars hero's should be playable regardless..... and the developers are not gonna remove and restrict the characters just because one person doesn't like the game play.

    so your **** out of luck..... Get a life and stop complaining about a video game. If you are an adult you'd have the common since and act your age, You also would realize that other adult's and star wars fan love playing there favorite hero's and play and use there favorite clone armor.

    by the way...... your the only one i've seen complaining about how people shouldn't use clones and hero's because there not from that time era..... maybe it because everyone else likes how there able to play as there favorite clones and hero's.

    I can't believe i'm arguing with a child...... well i'm gonna be the mature one and end this....
  • Cyro wrote: »
    in 2015 DLCs used to be THEMED!
    Outer Rim
    Bespin
    Death Star
    Scarif

    Clear structure, fitting content. but now what they are releasing is just an unorganized mess! and instead of adding units fitting to the TONE of a certain map/era they just add units randomly!

    Yes, because clearly we have Clones running about on Death Stars & droids on Hoth...

    The Devs and F8RGE have made it clear in the past that restricting era content is not going to happen beyond the odd event.

    If you can't see that what you're requesting, nay demanding, is unreasonable and comes from a place of "it should be MY way", then I'd advise taking a step back. It's a game. A GAME. The vast majority of content shows up in its corresponding era.

    If you can't handle and understand that at a certain point, player customisation HAS to take over in some areas, chiefly for enjoyment, game attractibility and good business sense, then nobody's gonna listen to you.

    You are spitting your dummy out because "you're all playing it wrong!!!"

    Let that sink in.
  • i see people trying to shutdown cyro for something that is not only his opinion on the current state of the game. its quite ironic that those same individuals who regard him as whinny are behaving exactly like that in response to someones feedback/suggestion thread. by being either totally whinny or just making nonesense statements without any basis except for their own opinion. lets not forget that not everyone that plays a game use the forums, so its hardly ever going to represent the whole majority of the community.
    It is quite easy to shutdown this thread as being something that wants to force something down "your" throat, but then what you do is ignore the fact that you and your ideas on the current state of the game itself are something that is being forced down everyone else's throat.
  • Cyro
    323 posts Member
    Kilroy is right....

    and if you really think i was the only one who would enjoy immersive battles you are SURELY mistaken.

    Have you ever played the original BF2? Guess youre too young... anyways: there were THOUSANDS of mods and maps about this game. And almost ALL of them just put accurate legions on accurate maps. why? appearently because the majority enjoyed to play it that way! the original BF2 put the 501st on everything, modders fixed it in hundreds of fanmade maps. do you think those hundreds of modders are just whiney little kids that should just shut up and take what Pandemic was giving them at this point?... appearently you do.

    this "it's a GAME" argument doesnt count and its really stupid. what next? "put in Thompson-MPs! i like them! and its just a game anyways! and Darth Malak please! Why not? Its a star wars game. every hero should be in it!" -.-

    i remember the slogan of Battlefield 3 when it came out: "Is it real? or is it Battlefield?" well surely this isnt counting here. here it's more like "is it a Sandbox-Game? Or is it Battlefront?"

    it's not about me not being able to accept cross-era heroes and skins. it's about YOU not being able to give up those things! and of course are those players who still play this d'accord with skins and cross-era stuff! because the rest of us has left a LONG TIME AGO! My Brother, my Cousins, my best friends all haven't bought this game because they HATED to see Rey on Naboo and Darth Maul on Hoth! I am the only one who took it for quite a while but now i'm fed up!
  • Cyro
    323 posts Member
    edited September 9
    a720o7hiqqzk.jpg
    g1tzgkxrl2hk.jpg
    okkwr29rgsre.jpg
    a0fgq9vb7irv.jpg
    66cpe58e7dm1.jpg
    gedz5dirm45q.jpg
    s44hovjsam4e.jpg
    p8anm4hdj1hn.jpg

    Whoops...appearently there are plenty of people supporting my idea to end cross era heroes...how can that be? i mean i am just a whiney little kid who has dumb ideas nobody agrees to, RIGHT?


    Placed images in spoiler tags ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Cyro wrote: »
    Kilroy is right....

    and if you really think i was the only one who would enjoy immersive battles you are SURELY mistaken.

    Have you ever played the original BF2? Guess youre too young...

    Dude, I'm 28.

    Complain all you like, the Community Managers have said it's never going to change. The end.
  • everything can change if the community demmands it.

    but i wouldnt be surprised if they dont change it. DICE has lost it LONG time ago....Battlefield V was awful, Descisions in BF2 are Awful...and many devs that arend d'accord with their politics left recently. DICE and EA have perished.
  • quit comparing SWBF2 to Battlefield. they are two completely different games....... give it a rest will you
  • Cyro
    323 posts Member
    quit comparing SWBF2 to Battlefield. they are two completely different games....... give it a rest will you

    Facts:

    Battlefront 2 (2005) was a Battlefield in the Star Wars Universe.
    Battlefront 2015 and 2017 is a Reboot of the original Battlefront
    So why should it be a different genre/playstile now?

    Plus:
    If it's "comletely different", why do the devs keep adding stuff from Battlefield in the game? Squad-System, Conquest-Mode, Spawning on CPs and stuff? They keep making it more and more like Battlefield. Why? Because it always was supposed to be LIKE battlefield, it was played with the expectations to get a battlefield in Star Wars, but they didnt deliver, so they try to fix it now! poorly....
  • Cyro
    323 posts Member
    yeah, surely those players now totally love cross era heroes, right?
    or....maybe they LEFT the game because of this broken immersion..... who knows?

    point is: there ARE plenty of people who'd love to have it the same way like i do! Those guys aren't average gamers, they are STAR WARS Fans! And a Star Wars fan is playing this for a certain experience. An Experience the devs and you are taking away from us! because mimimi i want this and that and more skins and more heroes!

    so instead of just giving up some of your wishes (which would be totally acceptable expectations to you) why do you keep asking for MORE? More =/= better!! Would a WW2-Game be better if on Allied-Team there were 3 US Soldiers, 2 Canadians, 1 British, 2 Russians and 3 French?!? No! it would look absolutely stupid! but there will ALWAYS be a HoverBoyBen who keeps whining until he can play it that way! -.-
  • Cyro
    323 posts Member
    1. i am not telling people that star wars should be real life
    2. i never said star wars should ignore the TCW time line

    hold yourself back there. youre not only incredibly rude, youre very insulting.

    so just because Star Wars isnt real we can just do whatever we want in the game? and in a game like battlefield based on real events we cant? why? the source material to BF1 is WW1, the source material to Battlefront is Star Wars. we have material on which the games are based, so why not following the source material?....just so players like you who just go "i WANT this, i WANT that" can have their will?...
  • Agreed. Worst thing in this game is the Cross Era heroes.
  • Cyro
    323 posts Member
    i am just making logical suggestions, and you keep insulting me how dumb i was and how ***** i am for even THINKING about those ideas.... and all you can say in your defense or to support your point is "i want to play it like that!!"

  • Cyro
    323 posts Member
    "news flash all the star wars characters are in the same universe...."

    yeah and all the fractions (US, Fr, UK, RU) are from WW2...does that mean i can put them all on the same side in a WW2 game?

    "and for your information all the clone skins and hero's......everything in SWBF2 is from a source material......"

    yeah but mixing them up on EVERY possible map is NOT compatible with the source material...
  • EA_Rtas
    1163 posts EA Moderator
    Alright folks, keep it civil in here, I've just removed a bunch of posts that were nothing but bickering and were just derailing the thread. If you disagree with each other, fine. But keep it civil, let's leave it out with the insults and bickering and keep this civil and on topic or I'll be closing the thread.

    ~Rtas
  • ULTIMATEMurloc
    24 posts Member
    edited September 9
    @EA_Rtas
    You may go ahead and close the thread.
    Post edited by ULTIMATEMurloc on
  • @EA_Rtas
    You may go ahead and close the thread.

    i guess so, people seem to get very touchy and sensitive in the slightest mention of stopping cross era
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!